PDA

View Full Version : rudeness

5 of 9
09-27-2001, 07:53 PM
i have just recently signed on here in the forums, tho i have been a regular visitor of sir steve's for a long time.

i posted something about the evolutions card and trading and this rude ooootinni person had the nerve to give me grief about the name i chose. now lets see, last i checked, most people on these forums, at any site, are usually more polite in general and even when they have comments to make they are not as ignorant as this person was. i have met lots of star wars fans and the have always been great people. this is the first time i have ever met such an unhappy fan/person.

if this is how people are treated here, i'm sorry i ever registered.

there are plenty of other sites with forums that have classy members.

bigbarada
09-27-2001, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry you had to put up with this on your first day as a registered user. I just try to ignore the rude ones and eventually they'll go away and bother someone else. But don't judge everyone here by one offensive member.

(heh.....I said "offensive member"):D

Starfig873
09-27-2001, 08:16 PM
*Cracks up laughing* GA HA HA HA! That was great BB!

Alright, 5 of 9, indeed don't let one incidence anger you. Things are always goofy or poopy round here. You get used to it. And I'm certain you will like it here despite anything.

Utinni
09-27-2001, 08:23 PM
That damn utinni. he's always comin' in here and startin' a ruckuss with good decent folks askin' 'bout 'volution cards and whatnot. Why, if he was here right now I'd give 'im a good, solid wedgie and send 'im cryin' fer 'is momma. Damn. i hate that guy. This one time he came into a Star Wars chat room and started callin' people names and stuff and they went and changed the whole forum so this other guy stole somebody else's name and utinni got blamed, simply because no one knew who he was and what he was all about. but did any of them bother to ask? Nooooooo. did you know I like to press wild flowers? I bet you didn't. I'm even thinking of moving to Colorado and setting up a flower pressing shop in a quiant mountain town...where was I? Oh yeah. Utinni. he's a shmuck and you really shouldn't pay any attention to him cause he has "issues" you know what i mean? ISSUES. Well, i've said my piece and I hope that clears up the little enigma known as Utinni. if not, here's a recap. 1. Presses wild flowers. 2 . Shmuck. 3. issues. ISSUES. Right, off you go...

master jedi
09-27-2001, 08:32 PM
5 of 9,
You have to realize that everybody you come across isn't always 'classy' and some people are just rude. Nobody is perfect just live with it. You don't have to complain just because one person was rude to you. If this forum isn't good enough for you it's just fine with me if you leave.

Eternal Padawan
09-27-2001, 08:37 PM
Ahhhh...Utinni, my old nemesis. you finally rear your ugly head after the whole Rolo Tomasi incident. I've not forgotten about you. Speaking of issues, do you have #13? I need it to fill my collection.

% OF (, don't let this chowderhead get your goat. Once you see he's an irratable old fart, you learn to ignore it. I would much rather find out his true identity. Where has DarthmaulGot mauled Ep1 been??!?!

Rollo Tomassi
09-27-2001, 08:45 PM
tee hee. I have just recalled my "Friggin' canadians" remark and the swarm of controversy it snowballed into. Sometimes people make off-handed comments that they think are lighthearted and smart alecky and others really take offense to. It's not worth getting your undies in a bunch and certainly doesn't warrant a new posting or a whole new thread. Simply ask him to aploogize in the thread he "insulted" you in and be done with it.

BTW are you related to 7 of 9? :D rrrowl:D

5 of 9
09-27-2001, 08:45 PM
i know people are not perfect and i dont complain just to complain. your reply was exactly what i was talking about.
i never said that i was to good for this site and since, as you put it, it doesnt matter to you if i leave then i may as well do just that cause you people act all high and mighty and i have far better things to do with my time than go back and forth with this ignorant nonsense. the way i look at it, its not my loss, there are plenty of other sites and forums with people who have manners and those of you who cant look past your own ignorance give star wars fans a bad name.

Jargo
09-27-2001, 08:52 PM
I called for his apology on your behalf and lo! there it is just awaitin' for your viewing. Not everyone is rude but if you really can't see your way to hanging around and seeing the whole thing through then that is your decision and good luck to you.
Master Jedi can be a little brusque at times but you just have to ignore his more abrasive remarks. I myself have been known to spat and spar with more than a few folk and still we come back and eventually make up and continue to chat like old friends and family. Such is the rich tapestry of life that weaves us all together in this global net...... I love mixed metaphors :) Ahem, Like I said, Utinni has apologised in the offending thread. I'd just get out of this now before it all gets out of hand. :)

Emperor Howdy
09-27-2001, 09:47 PM
Good God, man, calm down (slap..slap).

Think about it....is it really THAT big a deal? Think of the thousands of Americans that lost their lives recently to the attack. The thousands of suffering families. The thousands of people who are poor and starving. The thousands of people who live life paralyzed in a wheelchair. The thousands of people who are deaf, blind, and/or mute. The thousands of people with cancer, HIV, and other terminal diseases. The thousands of people victimized by hate crimes. The thousands of people who lose children to school shootings, car accidents, and drug abuse. The thousands of people whose parents have been laid off and can't afford a computer so their sensitive sons can come to a website and gripe about the comments of a SSG member. In the big picture, my friend, Utinni's ball-busting doesn't amount to a hill o' beans when it comes down to it. So relaaaaaax.

P.S. Besides, where else ya gonna go anyway? It's all downhill after the SSG experience.

vulcantouch
09-27-2001, 10:47 PM
. . .what'm i doin wrong?? :( :o :confused: :eek: :p ;) :cool:

GNT
09-28-2001, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
damn, i wish someone here'd gimme crap about My name. . . .what'm i doin wrong?? :( :o :confused: :eek: :p ;) :cool:

Nothing,but you pass the test :) Vulcan where have I heard that before ;)

Eternal Padawan
09-28-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
. . .what'm i doin wrong?? :( :o :confused: :eek: :p ;) :cool:

In my best Eric Cartman impression. "Beh. That's a stupid name."

JediTricks
09-28-2001, 09:06 AM
First off, with any public forum, you will find that people feel more free to act like jerks because it feels more anonymous here, but not everybody is a jerk and not everybody who acts like a jerk is a jerk all the time. I'm not excusing jerky action, just pointing out that it exists everywhere and the option is to become a very fascist forum, which is something I really don't want (mostly because it would be more work for me ;)).

Now that that's out of the way, welcome to the board, find some threads you want to talk about, and if someone gives you crap, ignore them or rise above their level or complain to a moderator. We have a pretty good group IMO, lots of knowledgable, fun folks who act silly, but can be fun to talk with.

Finally, I just wanted to let you know that I merged your "rudeness 2" thread into this one since they're the same discussion on the same day by the same author and SirSteve says to. Nothing personal.

Eternal Padawan
09-28-2001, 09:20 AM
Yayyyyyyy JT!

BOOOOOOO Facism!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-28-2001, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
BOOOOOOO Facism!!!!

I was saying Boooourns.

Starfig873
09-28-2001, 07:00 PM
Simpson eh?

Y'know I think we are ALL forgeting the most important thing:

Skim Milk.

See? Now don'y you all feel just a little red in the face? :D

master jedi
09-28-2001, 10:34 PM
5 of 9,

In my opinion I don't think you should be complaining about people being rude here. I mean you've only posted here about 4 or 5 times here already when you haven't even had hardly any time to get to know us. Plus if you have been a regular visitor here for a while without registering don't you think you would have picked up on how rude you think we are?

Just because one person is rude to you does't mean we all are rude.

In my opinion I think it's rude of you, 5 of 9, to judge how rued we are when you only have 4 or 5 posts and not really getting to know us here.

Emperor Howdy
09-28-2001, 11:31 PM
Well said, Master Jedi!

He IS rude. Plain and simple rude. Straight up rude. Rudity rude rude rudity rude. Rudity rudity RUDITY rude....rude.......err.......rude......dude...um.. ..nude.....Hey Jude?

Eternal Padawan
09-29-2001, 08:49 AM
Skim Milk IS very important. I usually put chocolate syrup in mine which ruins any nutritional value the said skim milk might have had...

Alright, this thread has lost whatever impact it was trying to make...

JediTricks
09-29-2001, 09:48 AM
"How wude!"

Ugh, look what you people have made me stoop to... quoting Jar Jar!!! I'll never forgive you for that, any of you! ;)

Voice: Warning... Problem in Sector 7-G.
Burns: 7-G? Good God, who's the safety inspector there?
Smithers: [calls up a video file photo of a hairful Homer] Homer Simpson, sir.
Burns: Simpson, eh? Good man? Intelligent?
Smithers: [reluctantly] Actually, sir, he was hired under Project Bootstrap.
Burns: [sarcastically] Thank you, President Ford.

Starfig873
09-29-2001, 10:10 AM
Yep! All impact has been flushed down the toilet in turn for the reminiscing of Simpson episodes of the past. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2001, 07:01 PM
"Well, kids. You tried, and you failed miserably. The lesson is: never try."

5 of 9 (or as someone in this thread called you, % OF (, which is "5 of 9" with the Caps Lock key on!), now you see what cah-wazy people weesa bein', okee day? :D

Welcome to our padded room of Star Wars fun!

Eternal Padawan
09-30-2001, 12:27 AM
I sincerely believe we only use Star Wars as a ruse to come in here and make no sense at all about anything...

"%OF(" indeed....:D :D :D :D

JediTricks
09-30-2001, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
5 of 9 (or as someone in this thread called you, % OF (, which is "5 of 9" with the Caps Lock key on!)Liar liar pants on FIRE! With the caps lock key on, it's "5 OF 9", when you hold the SHIFT key down, that's when you get
% OF (;)

"You tell him, ferret-face." (there, a quote not from the Simpsons)

Jargo
09-30-2001, 04:44 PM
Liar liar pants on FIRE! With the caps lock key on, it's "5 OF 9", when you hold the SHIFT key down, that's when you get % OF (

Can't believe you actually sat there and worked that one out. Wa-a-a-ay too much time on your hands. You should get out more... visit another room perhaps..... I hear stairwells are pretty hip this year......... :D

I'll get my coat. :(

JediTricks
10-01-2001, 06:58 AM
"Worked it out", are you bonkers? This is something you instinctively know when you work with computers for years. ;)

Obi-Don
10-01-2001, 08:14 AM
You tell them JT[Whats this brown stuff on my nose?] Hey 5OF9 get to know us first then give us a hard time.Not all of us are rude...well some of us are not rude...well I'm not....Just get to know us first.:p

Eternal Padawan
10-01-2001, 10:25 AM
Top Te...er....Three posters I took a disliking to...

1.Sith Ninja (the grammatical wonder)
2. Episode1Sucks (the amateur investor)
3. 5OF9 (whiny Trek Fan)

and a special shout out goes to Deckard Smith for the "I'm always here but I'm never here" Award

Also, any moderator who doesn't like the letter "S" and anyone who admits to owning Fingerbikes...

Lobito
10-01-2001, 06:03 PM
Hey, 5 of 9 really warped out of here!! Too bad, he didnt even checked the SSG story or the SW vs. ST threads...oh well maybe he will return some day. :eek: :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2001, 06:28 PM
JT, not all of us have your new-fangled fancy-shwancy computers that do anything for us, so we have to hold down the "Shift" key to get all capitals. Good thing I accepted that back-alley laboratory's study on radiation and limb growth. :p I didn't want to get myself made fun of by admitting this, but now I have no choice. I knew about the "Caps Lock" function typing 5 OF 9, not % OF (, but... sniff... I... oh, forget it! (Runs away weeping, with passers-by wondering "what's wrong with THAT loser"?)

Fulit
10-02-2001, 08:11 PM
Hey, I'm a classy guy. Hang on, I'll prove it, ....... oh, nevermind.

Rollo Tomassi
10-03-2001, 07:37 AM
Congratulations on Jedi Knight-hood Fulit!!!!

Fulit
10-03-2001, 09:34 AM
Oh, thank you, thank you, Rollo, it feels so great to finally be here. I'd like to thank my agent, my family, and all the little guys I had to step on to get here. And yes, I confess, the previous post about being classy was more to put me over the top than it was to answer 5 of 9's class comment.

Eternal Padawan
04-20-2002, 08:53 AM
...is reading all these old threads that don't really have anything to do about anything at all.

kind of like Seinfeld.

Facism and Skim Milk.:rolleyes:

mylow thehutt
04-20-2002, 02:27 PM
some people think Mylow is my first name but it's not, mylow is my dogs name.ha...ha...ha....a....a....skim milk!!!