PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Skunk Palpatine?

Mandalorian Candidat
06-21-2002, 11:22 AM
I just picked up my Palpatine figure this morning and noticed what a whacked paint job it has. I guess it wasn't too dry when it was put in the bubble because there's brown paint on the bubble that rubbed off from his shoulders.

Plus his liver/age spots are really dark. They look like measels compared to the others I've seen in pictures. Man, he really looks creepy.

The kicker is that the paint on the top of his hair rubbed off onto the bubble so it looks like he has one of those skunk-dos. Really odd looking cat (or polecat) this guy.

I'll try to take a dig. pic and post it, but my camera/PC link isn't working well right now.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the liver spots on my Palpy are superdark as well. Mine has a pretty decent paint job except for a big blob of gold paint on his left hand. The only way I can hide it is to move his arms out to the side like he's saying "Come give me a big hug!"

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-21-2002, 02:12 PM
Poor Palpy, he looks like he has leopracy.

OriginalBryGuy
06-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Don't have Palpy yet, so I'll have to take your word for it. heh heh

Darth Evil
06-21-2002, 02:51 PM
Me neither, I hope I get a perfect one.

Beast
06-21-2002, 03:07 PM
I just got my Palpy yesterday, and his age spots are very light, and look fine. I think the earlier figures had darker age spots. Just look for a decent paint job, and you will be happy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I just got my Palpy yesterday, and his age spots are very light, and look fine. I think the earlier figures had darker age spots. Just look for a decent paint job, and you will be happy. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I ordered mine online so I couldn't inspect the paint job. One of the drawbacks to ordering stuff online. :( But otherwise, I probably won't see Palpy in my area for another month or something and I hate waiting. :D

Beast
06-21-2002, 04:10 PM
I ordered mine online also, thru Yestertoys along with Djas Puhr. I luckily got a light spotted version. Hopefully you will as well. I have seen pictures of the dark spotted one, it really looks horrible. And I know what you mean about waiting, it drives me nuts too. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-21-2002, 04:18 PM
I started a thread about palpy recently. The title was Get him some calamine lotion quick! Or something "witty" like that.

ANywhooo....

I ordered him and Djas Puhr through KB's website. Palpy looks like he has some serious rash problems. I mean.....wow. I can't believe someone let that past quality control. Boooooo.

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 04:50 PM
Maybe he's a Trill from Star Trek. :eek:

QLD
06-21-2002, 05:19 PM
hmm.....but they didnt have spots all over their face, just their back and side of the head if I remember corectly.

saladin
06-21-2002, 05:34 PM
the only 2 i can't find are him and Dejus, but hopefully i'll find him soon.

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I ordered mine online also, thru Yestertoys along with Djas Puhr. I luckily got a light spotted version. Hopefully you will as well. I have seen pictures of the dark spotted one, it really looks horrible. And I know what you mean about waiting, it drives me nuts too. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That's also where I got my Djas and Palpy - Yestertoys. My Palpy was the "dark" version. Oh well.