PDA

View Full Version : Uncirculated Jorg Sacul? What's the dealio?

OriginalBryGuy
06-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Interesting new designation at toygrader.com

http://www.toygrader.com/afa/h_uncirculated.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1742631223

What do you think of this one?

Lord Tenebrous
06-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Due to so many people trying to collect mint on mint card, graders are making it harder for a true "mint" to exist. And, in the process, re-adjusting price levels.

Why pay X for your clean mint card, when you can get X +50 for a factory-sealed untouched version?

It's dirty practice, because most collectors don't have access to buy cases. And they're using Sacul, a figure with only speculative secondary value, no less.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, screw it. Open your figures.

JangoFart
06-21-2002, 11:31 AM
This makes me want to send my Sacul in and get it graded :)

What bothers me is that in order to receive the "uncirc." designation, ToyGrader has to be the first to open the case. Now, where'd these (expletive deleted)'ers get an unopened case of Saculs?

J

Forhekset
06-21-2002, 11:53 AM
$360.00 for a "gem mint" Sacul? Give me a break.

ChemOx
06-21-2002, 12:17 PM
this is crap.......I want to get my hands on a Sacul more than anybody, but come on!! maybe in 20 years or something, but the darn things just came out!! Give us 'poorer' collectors a break.

Jayspawn
06-21-2002, 12:34 PM
I don't have a Sacul yet. But when I do I'm going to OPEN HIM!!!!!

OriginalBryGuy
06-21-2002, 01:31 PM
I like my star wars figures same as I like my women...

jedijason1138
06-21-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by OriginalBryGuy
I like my star wars figures same as I like my women...

Mint, carded and 16 to a case?

OriginalBryGuy
06-21-2002, 01:39 PM
hahaha YES! haha

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 03:21 PM
The only value of my collection that I really care about is the value I give it. Which is priceless. :happy:

QLD
06-21-2002, 03:42 PM
yeah, i have a scaul on the way from a trade that I am going to open. And let me say for the record that.....

GRADING IS A FRIGGIN RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vortex
06-21-2002, 06:17 PM
Why should the AFA be the end all authority of what condition a figure is in? So how do they get the figs out? With a white glove, machine? How do you know its not being pass around their office as everyone checks out a MINT figure?

Can we get any more anal about this hobby? I thought a comic that's never been opened was bad, but this is just a money making scam for both parties.

What a joke. They check the cards for lifts, tears, rolls, creases, dents...blah, blah, blah...anyone buying something can do that.

And I especially like the phrase "museum quality" cases...please its a 2 buck acrylic case if that.

I know collecting is an ugly market, and people will do anything for status, extra money, and bragging rights, but what a joke. The day I see a Starting Line-Up, a Star Trek, or Star Wars figure hit the Christies auction stand for a couple of thousand I know this hobby and people have gone of the deep end.

Heck send me your figures, I'll make up a sicker, use big .50 words and put it in a case for 2 bucks a figure...Hell I'm a 3rd party at this point, so I technically count as a grader. And I'll charge you 1 buck a fig, but you have to cover the shipping both ways and insurance...

Its like a consultant...nothing like paying for an opinion or pipe dream.

I can't believe there are 18+ saps who are bidding on it. Hey mine was touched by 3 hands...the person who took it outta the case, the guy who bought it, and then to me. So what, I'll take oh, 75 off for that? 25 per touch? 250 or so sound good?

My collection from TRU when I worked there must be worth Millions...I was the only one who touched them and half went straight into another box.

What a joke.

Darth Narcis
06-21-2002, 08:42 PM
well, grading sports cards is one thing, but grading figures is totally different. how can you grade paint and bubble condition, etc... i think it is just a way to rip people off.

DarthBrandon
06-21-2002, 08:48 PM
Biggest scam I've seen yet. Wouldn't pay a penny for that figure.
They are just finding more ways tp rip people off that's it.

rdrunr89
06-25-2002, 01:30 PM
I just happened to see on Yestertoys.com that they have Sacul for $85 mint. Hmmm....

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 01:47 PM
rip off.

icatch9
06-25-2002, 02:16 PM
I agree that this is a sort of rip off. Cloud city toys were the folks selling this. They are the outfit that claimes they have one of everything ever. They set up showing thier stuff off at CII. It was cool, they even have a carded rocket firering vintage Boba Fett, the only one ever made. Who really knows or cares.

Some people are very seirous about these things. Oviously one willing to pay nearly $600.00 for this is serious. How did they get uncerculated. The same as all of us. They got in line (befor the rest of us becasue they where dealers who got to get thier saculs early) and put thiers in a safe place. Mine is mint too. But is mine uncerculated gem mint perfect. Who the hell knows or cares.

I agree it's a rip off to you and me, but maybe not to some. Imagine a no name millioniar collector. Hell, he could be a somebody. Imagin that Tiger Woods collected Star Wars stuff. He can buy everything ever 3 times over and still have more money than all of us combined. Anyway, don't you think if Tiger were an anle collector he'd want the best possible mint product. Don't you think he'd be willing to pay the chump change of $600 for it. This is why it's not so silly. It's all relative. If I had Tiger Woods money I'd be buying all graded stuff too. No matter what the cost was.

ChemOx
06-25-2002, 03:14 PM
Me personally, I dont care for Gem mint perfect blah blah blah. For me, as long as there isnt major damage to the card, but only the usual in case wear and tear, its mint to me.

aceguide
06-25-2002, 03:54 PM
Who cares?

Open it!!!!!!!!!

How do they get so many and we will never see one - unless we shell out $$$$$. These scam artists make me sick...

jedi_uk73
06-25-2002, 04:49 PM
It's possibly not the 'uncirculated version' that the forum is mainly about, but the price of this/any Jorg Sacul figure is getting out of hand. First R2dtoys had it, then Brians Toys and now another UK online store has it for........
wait for it.
£99.99 *!?*!

I really want this figure, but not paying anywhere near that for a figure that only cost $10 at C2.

JangoFart
06-25-2002, 04:50 PM
My LORD the spelling is getting hard to follow in here!

Rain that ****e in and akchewully wreed what ewe right befour ewe scend it!!

Geez............

Forhekset
06-25-2002, 07:07 PM
Now Yestertoys has Jorg Sacul figs - $85 mint, $80 non-mint.

Sidiously Darth
06-25-2002, 08:20 PM
I just sent them feedback to show my disgust for their new item. Here's a copy of the message:

I've ordered from your company in the past but after today I will no longer purchase items from you or probably any other online Star Wars dealer. I am very unhappy with your decision to sell the C2 Jorg Sacul figure at such an outrageous price. I was unable to attend C2 b/c of work but there were many who attended and were unable to buy this figure. I don't want one but am disturbed by your willingness to follow the other online dealers in ripping off collectors/fans. Please don't point out your price is lower than the others or ebay. It still does not make it right. I know it doesn't matter that you're losing one customer but I actually liked your site and it's prices. Actions such as this just gives justification to the speculators and scalpers out there. It's taking the fun out of collecting. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that all you care about is money, just like BriansToys and many of the other online dealers.

I know it wont make difference but I think they should know how I feel.:cry:

Adam
06-25-2002, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't pay a dollar for a sacul. Its just a Biggs repaint isn't it?

QLD
06-25-2002, 11:10 PM
I got one. It's a cool figure. I opened it. It's a Biggs repaint, but still kinda cool.

Yoda'sMaster
06-25-2002, 11:28 PM
why do u guys care so much cuss people have money and are willing to pay over 500$ for a sacul? its there money it is the companys fault ppl have money and r useing to pay a ridiculous price for a figure u can get for 75$ its there money let'em buy what they want

icatch9
06-26-2002, 08:27 AM
I agree it is there money to do with what they want. I do not like Brians Toys or many of the on line dealers. They do charge way to much for some things. Others, like the Sacul is not that bad. Sure this figure was avalable for $10.00 for 3 days almost 2 months ago. That's a long time ago, and the price has gone up. Microsoft stock was once $10.00 too, but you sure as hell cant get it today for that price. Brians Toys and all the others are in it for the money. It's thier business, it's how they put food on the table for thier families. That is the way business works, it makes the world go around. These things are toys and are fun, but they are also an investment. Even if you don't see it that way. Many do, and that is why Brians Toys and R2 DToys can charge so much. There is a market for it, and they are leading the way.

This is capitalism at its best, and I don't care or don't mind. Sure I have a Sacul, but if I didn't I wouldn't mind paying that price for such an item simply becaseu I realize the true value of a figure such as this. It's popular, rare, and really cool. Three thing that mean $$$$ for those willing to sell.

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 08:31 AM
So if you had gone to C2, stayed in line for hours to get in, then stayed in line for hours for the store, and saw someone walking away with 4+ Saculs in one day, and then learned they were sold out, you wouldn't mind paying $30+ for it at C2 even after waiting in lines for hours to get it for a third of that?

SplFrcsCWO
06-26-2002, 09:57 AM
My chief complaint with the figure is that the X-wing is plastic. I thought it was a metal micro machine X-wing. Otherwise, welcome to AMERICA people. You will always have those that have and those that have not. Whining does not remedy anything except to show how little character you have. THEY ARE JUST TOYS!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by SplFrcsCWO
My chief complaint with the figure is that the X-wing is plastic. I thought it was a metal micro machine X-wing.

I always thought that cheap-o X-Wing was taken directly from the Micro Machines Dagobah playset. You know, the one with the swamp-sinking feature. Now all I need is a gray-haired head and I can stick it on my X-Wing Luke figure and I have my own Jorgie.

OriginalBryGuy
06-26-2002, 11:51 AM
The Sacul Figure....man, that figure will go down in history as one of the most loved, and most hated for collectors. haha..

Standing in line at CII was rough, but what was rougher was listening to people in line speculate about how they'd get it, what they'd do to people if they saw them get more then the alotted 2. There were even people saying they were sold out and one family behind us said, "Forget that, we're leaving!" then they were gone!

The figures, however weren't gone...

I'm not sending my Saculs in for grading, but I'm not going to take them out of the package either.

"I'm just a collector trying to make my way in the universe."

The uncirculated is what gets me...the whole designation seems exclusive to dealers and people who can just buy a box. The average collector isn't going to be able to do this, and well..that just sucks.

icatch9
06-26-2002, 12:14 PM
I am not going to get into an argument on weather or not I would pay $60 for that figure if I went and didn't get one. I did go and I got in line first thing and waited and waited and waited. I knew how important it was and how they would sell out right away. I paid $50.00 for a vintage loose EV 9D9 that I passed on the shelf 20 years ago for $2.00. I'm not complaining about that now am I.

No becasue vintage is old and its ok to pay that much for them becasue that's what they are worth. The Jorg is no differnt just becasue it used to cost $10, and it's new. Well, Amanaman used to cost $2.00 MOC, and now he costs $200 MOC. So, you'd better get your Jorg now because next year at this time he's going to be well over $100.00.

Sidiously Darth
06-26-2002, 04:22 PM
The same thing was said about Brown Vest Luke & Theater Edition Luke. I don't think ole' Jorg is going to be like a vintage MOC Amanaman.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 06:23 AM
What I'd really like to know is what exactly constitutes an "uncirculated Jorg Sacul", and how these guys might've come across him seeing as how the only way to get one was to buy it at C2 (meaning that it was in fact IN circulation at least as I would describe it!)?

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by RooJay
What I'd really like to know is what exactly constitutes an "uncirculated Jorg Sacul", and how these guys might've come across him seeing as how the only way to get one was to buy it at C2 (meaning that it was in fact IN circulation at least as I would describe it!)?

yeah, how did they come about with these? Jorg Sacul figure was suppose to be a celebration 2 exclusive!

OriginalBryGuy
06-27-2002, 01:01 PM
I remember seeing Cloud City Collectibles at the convention. My guess is they paid someone behind closed doors who was working at the Celebration II store during the off hours when less people would be around. They get the figures, they ship them off. What will really be interesting is to see how many more come up on Ebay.

Cloud City Collectibles - You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany!

Cloud City Collectibles, Inc. * 5964 Peachtree Corners East, Suite G, Norcross, GA 30071 United States * Phone: (678) 405-7868 * Fax: (678) 405-2778

heh heh...anyone close? Maybe someone should call and ask them how they got it?

icatch9
06-27-2002, 01:14 PM
I don't think they did anything underhanded. I mean there where many exhibitors that would have loved to get there hands on a bunch of these. I'm sure they tried, but they probally didnt' get any special treatment. These Saculs where very tightly guared there. It was like fort knox.

The only advantage they had was that they got thier early. So, fan clubbers got in @ 9 am, then exhibitors got in @ 8 am, and where able to buy thier aloted amount. Plus, they probally had employees getting in line over and over again. Thats pretty easy money. Plus, they were handing out cash for them and they probally got some people to bit on that.

The only thing they did to thiers was give it this silly "uncirculated" tittle, and have it graded. I've got a mint one to that I'm considering getting graded too. If mine gets a 100 rateing then I have the same thing CCC had. I won't be selling mine, but it'd be nice to know that it's worth $600.

One more thing. People dont' seem to understand that these online store (Cloud City, Brians Toys, R2 DToys) are just glorified scalpers. They are living the dream of selling Star Wars toys for a living, but they are still scalpers. They got theres got in line again and agian and agiain. Offered $20.00 cash on the spot for them. They did everything in thier power to get as many as they could. They knew that 90% of the collector fan base would want these and couldn't get there anywhere else.

It's not like Wal Marts are selling these Sacul, and it's not like Hasbro is shipping cases to Brians toys. These places got the majority of these by lieing cheating and stealing. The American way :)

RooJay
06-27-2002, 03:57 PM
Either way, if they bought them through normal channels (which is supposedly the only way to have gotten them) then the figure was most certainly "circulated".

cptpinkerton
06-27-2002, 07:45 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is from www.toygrader.com

UNCIRCULATED

AFA is proud to introduce the Uncirculated grade enhancer to its already successful grading label. Uncirculated is a carded action figure that has never been handled nor circulated within the market after final completion at the factory.
The Uncirculated identifier on the AFA grading label assures the collector that the figure went from its original packaging within a factory sealed case (or even right off the factory line) to its museum quality AFA protective case. The figure is graded on the same AFA scale as regular submissions except with the "U" designation before the grade.

AFA has successfully brought 3rd party grading to the action figure market and now gives the collector a unique and exciting added dimension to grading and authentification.
The Uncirculated enhancer is available to all AFA collectors, dealers and investors. Send in your action figures from unopened factory sealed cases and AFA will only grade the figures that you choose as Uncirculated. We will also wear protective gloves to ensure that your figures remain untouched since they were packaged at the factory.

Since it is impossible to determine the condition of the figures inside a sealed case we can screen figures from the case at the customers request. Screening is simply you choosing a minimum grade that you wish the figure(s) to meet or it will not be cased. Screening fees for figures submitted within the Uncirculated grade are as follows:

and then some prices and such.

RooJay
06-28-2002, 12:34 AM
So they're either lying about this figure being uncirculated (since we know for a fact that it should be impossible to get one any oher way than purchasing it at C2 where they were circulated), or they cheated and somehow got ahold of one of these without going through the normal channels; the channels that all the rest of us were told were the only way we'd be able to get one.:frus:

icatch9
06-28-2002, 08:16 AM
I agree it is a bit of a mystery. Still it's not so hard to believe that CCC could have lied. Or further more they are in bed with AFG becasue they do so much business with them. Clearly it gave the Jorg a 1000% increase.

Hear is a bit of my opinon, or should I say my fathers opinion.

He used to collect Stamps and coins. These two hobbies where big fun back in the 60's and 70's and even into the 80's. Then these graders came along and started gradeing everything. Befor the scale with stamps was done by measureing weather or not the picture on the stamp was in center. Coins had no real system. It was a coin they were all the same. Then they both got these gradeing systems. Then the uncirculated nonsense. Then both hobbies lost thir firer because the fun was killed by these graders.

So, the graders didn't have anything left to grade beacuse people stopped careing about coins and stamps. Then they moved on to baseball cards. A combination of things made
baseball card collecting die, but part of that was these graders makeing everything revolve around gem mint 10. Now they have moved on to our nice little hobby. Gradeing our figures. To those of you who open it's no big deal, but to us carded collectors it could mean doom. I don't know how or why, but any time this graders take on a hobby it seems to die shortly after. I hope that this doesn't happen to our hobby.

OriginalBryGuy
06-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Grading is certainly a double edge sword. On one hand it's good because a graded figure can protect, and assure non collectors that what they have is authentic, and not a custom hack by someone.

On the other hand, it can drive up prices of similar figures. It really is a mixed bag. I think grading, in and of itself is fine, but I cast doubts on the 'uncirculated' designation, as well as CCC's practices.

The Jorg figures were supposed to be distributed at CII end of story. If they weren't selling boxes to people waiting at the Celebration II store, then no one should have gotten a box of Jorgs, exhibitor or not.

KEBco
06-28-2002, 11:01 AM
All I can say is - HA

While we do not offer or have the grading system, we do offer uncirculated figures. Matter of fact ALL of our figures are uncirculated. (and most likely all of the on-line retailers are the same) We receive cases directly from Hasbro. We open the cases. One, maybe two, people touch the figure before it is placed into the shipping package. Then its off to the customer.

Granted, this is not a graded figures, but the price is only around $7. And we do guarantee mint figures.

If you ever receive a figure from us that has a peanut butter finger print on it, just wipe if off, send it back for a replacement, we'll send you one that has the matching jelly stain.

KEBco

OriginalBryGuy
06-28-2002, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry KEBco, you are who and represent what again?

Since I assume you're someone who works with the on-line retailer, let's hear your spin on grading? We're very interested.

KEBco
06-28-2002, 11:37 AM
We are one of the sponsors of this site.

We are in deed an on-line retailer. I am the owner - Ken.

If you do not know us, please check our site at www.kebcotoys.com

I think grading is a rip off. Why pay someone to look at your figure to see if it is undamaged. Most collectors know what they are looking for in the quality of a figure.
We go way back, into the baseball era. Graded cards never were worth much more than ungraded ones.
I thing figures will be the same. As long as you think the figure/card is in good condition, why care what someone else thinks. If you buy figures (coins, cards, etc) with the intent of making a hugh profit - I guarantee you will not. Buy something that you enjoy, something you want to own. If in ten years you can sell it for a profit, great. But if you can't sell it, you still enjoy owning it.

KEBco

icatch9
06-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Two things about CCC, and they both are underhanded.

1. If they did get a case of Jorgs then they should all burn in a bad place. They had to have gotten this in an underhanded way and probally got more than they were allowed. This figure is so contraversial that they risk a great toung lashing from the greater community for such actions.

2. If they got in line and got thier Jorgs like everyone else, then good, great, grand, wounderful. Then they are just lying about the figure being uncurculated and they should be called out as a lier.

I guess it's to late now becasue it's been sold and some rich stiff is getting off on his mint 100 Jorg. Who cares. I hope that is an attitude that most of us has when it comes to this gradeing thing. The uncirculated aspect of this gradeing system is unfair to the majority of us. Since the only way to get an uncirculated figure is to buy a case. This cuts out a majority of the collectors. I'm sure KEBco would be glad to sell anyone with a valid credit card a case, but thats still impracticul for most of us. This uncirculated aspect of gradeing is to give big dealers the chance to charge more for a $5 figure (no offense KEB, your online store is nice). Sicne you average collector has little chance of getting a uncurculated figure by any other means than buying it from a dealer.

Like I've said befor it's no big deal. Besides who wants to pay to have an uncirculated Mint 100 Final Battle Mace anyway :)

OriginalBryGuy
07-01-2002, 09:26 AM
I have to agree icatch9!

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 09:48 AM
Actually uncirculated would be if it was direct from the factory. The case would've been obviously handled by the middle-man (even at C2) and so with that middle-man in there, it is technically circulated even when sealed in the case.

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 10:42 AM
basically grading is for the uninformed collector, one who has no idea what is a good buy and what it's worth. it's really a way for someone to take a lot of money from a really stupid rich person, and does anyone really feel that this is a bad thing? the same is done with comic books - you pay an exhorbitant amount of money to send your very rare comic book to these guys who then SEAL it in a plastic case with the grade at the top. you can never read it again, lest you open the package and have to get it graded again.

this uncirculated crap is just that. the only way for it to be uncirculated is for the grading agency themselves to get the cases, which would be unethical.

anyway, let the stupid rich buy what you can't. even though this grading fad probably won't blow over, their figure is still only worth what a prospective buyer is willing to pay. it seems to me that grading is going to create a rigid caste system of collectors - those that collect graded, and those that collect ungraded, and most likely never the twain shall meet...

icatch9
07-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Since I was woundering about the whole thing, I did some reading on the gradeing website. See, they feel that uncirculated is fresh out of the case. Since the people who put them into the cases are wearing white gloves. Plus, there is probally only about 1 or 2 people that would touch a figure to put it into a case. Anyway, the only way to get a figure graded with an unciruclated lable is to send these folks a whole case. Then they grade the one or two that you pick.

Anyway, a real stupid system that hurts everyone. Sure only the rich buy them, but we all learned about the trickly down effect in high school. This thing hurts us all even if we aren't buying them.

toyjamz
07-01-2002, 01:39 PM
This is my first, and probably last post here. For the record: I was at C2 for the duration of the weekend. (Thurs-Sun) as an exhibitor, so I saw quite a bit going on behind the scenes. I can fill in some of the blanks here, and most of this information can be verified through others:

a) Cloudy City was allowed to purchase ANY quantity of figures they desired. Up to and including sealed cases of figures. (Through a special agreement with Wizards)
b) The figure was not sold out over that weekend. After the close of the show, there were two pallets full of cases of figures. Both were shrinkwrapped and addressed to Wizards of the Coast (California)

Basically, you people need to suck it up and either go buy a fig off ebay, or learn to live without one. They will never be sold at retail, and the secondary market is your only hope. Sitting around running your yap on a forum isn't going to help. Life isn't fair, so learn to live with it.

toyjamz

~Do any of you idiots own a spell check program ? after reading some of these posts, I am suprised that half of your have the intelligence to even turn on your computer, let alone navigate throught the internet to make posts on these forums.

icatch9
07-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Oh my god! Don't you come in hear to our forums insulting our intelligence. You are part of the problem not a problem solver. I don't know what exhibitor you where, but I sure as hell know that only scalpers set up there. You guys did nothing but raise the price all weekend on everything. I don't mean to stereotype you, but you don't seem to mind stereotyping all of us. So, youíre a punk scalper who gouges anyone and everyone.

Further more, if these awful awful people at CCC or BT or any of the exhibitors where allowed to buy cases then it's no wonder that people who went didn't get a Sacul.

I think that I speak for the majority of people hear by saying thanks for the info, but you can stuff that attitude of yours straight up your brown eye.

Did I spell that right, jack @ss!

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by toyjamz
This is my first, and probably last post here. For the record: I was at C2 for the duration of the weekend. (Thurs-Sun) as an exhibitor, so I saw quite a bit going on behind the scenes. I can fill in some of the blanks here, and most of this information can be verified through others:

a) Cloudy City was allowed to purchase ANY quantity of figures they desired. Up to and including sealed cases of figures. (Through a special agreement with Wizards)
b) The figure was not sold out over that weekend. After the close of the show, there were two pallets full of cases of figures. Both were shrinkwrapped and addressed to Wizards of the Coast (California)

Basically, you people need to suck it up and either go buy a fig off ebay, or learn to live without one. They will never be sold at retail, and the secondary market is your only hope. Sitting around running your yap on a forum isn't going to help. Life isn't fair, so learn to live with it.

toyjamz

~Do any of you idiots own a spell check program ? after reading some of these posts, I am suprised that half of your have the intelligence to even turn on your computer, let alone navigate throught the internet to make posts on these forums.

It isn't very clever to bash people for spelling errors, when your post is ridden with errors and typos itself. Let me point out a few of your mistakes to you:

"suprised" should be "surprised"
"half of your" should be "half of you", I assume
"throught" should be "through"
"Cloudy City" should be "Cloud City"

Your point is a valid one, though. Griping about the Jorg Sacul figure isn't going to change anything. If you're unsatisfied with the situation and how things went down at C2, the best thing to do is boycott the online stores and eBay scalpers trying to get $100+ for a Sacul. Don't give them any of your money. Though, I still think this whole "uncirculated" thing is a bunch of garbage and doesn't justify outrageous prices. But it isn't as if people are spending MY money on these things, so if someone wants to blow several hundred dollars on a Jorg Sacul that he thinks is more "mint" than another one, what do I care? :)

SNAYSON
07-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by toyjamz

toyjamz

:crazed: duh, luuke skiwaker is very kool. doez toygermz hav ani in stok for a sal? how much r uz cellin dhem foor? $30 bucs? Do you take monopoly monie? :crazed:

looks like i won't be buying from them. What a class act and customer service relations!:crazed:

toyjamz
07-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON

looks like i won't be buying from them. What a class act and customer service relations!:crazed:

I don't work for Cloud City

toyjamz
07-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Oh my god! Don't you come in hear to our forums insulting our intelligence. You are part of the problem not a problem solver. I don't know what exhibitor you where, but I sure as hell know that only scalpers set up there. You guys did nothing but raise the price all weekend on everything. I don't mean to stereotype you, but you don't seem to mind stereotyping all of us. So, youíre a punk scalper who gouges anyone and everyone.

Further more, if these awful awful people at CCC or BT or any of the exhibitors where allowed to buy cases then it's no wonder that people who went didn't get a Sacul.

I think that I speak for the majority of people hear by saying thanks for the info, but you can stuff that attitude of yours straight up your brown eye.

Did I spell that right, jack @ss!

Actually, not all exhibitors were dealers you moron. I could care less what you think about my attitude. The bottom line is that I am telling the truth about this issue, and being more realistic than you could ever possibly be.
Just continue sitting around your mom's basement, *****ing about everything under the sun..when it all comes down to it, you dont' have the balls to change anything, or do anything about it...... sad little boy Now go think up something whitty you punk

icatch9
07-02-2002, 07:55 AM
Witty? How's this? I don't live in my motherís basement. I'm not a stereotypical "comic book guy" you seem to be relating me too. I'm more of a typical yuppie working 9-5 in the big city. So, your insults are more funny than hurtful.

As I said if you feel that stereotyping all of us is ok, then I'll stereotype all of your exhibitors as scalpers. It doesn't matter who or what you worked for, your where only there to make money off of poor saps. Charging way too much for everything. But, that's not in dispute here. You've got to make a living like everyone else. Still, you cannot defend yourself against that, because the only reason to exhibit at C II was to make money. Donít' call me a moron, your not respecting me as a human being and my rights to a free opinion.

Clearly you don't know what youíre talking about and know nothing about me. I agree that most people should suck it up and buy one on line or in the secondary market. I got my Sacul at C II, so I don't give a crap how much they cost or who didn't get one. I don't complain about things like this, so your can stick it!

Youíre missing the point to this whole thread. You can't see the forest for the trees. So, maybe youíre the moron. The point to this thread is that this grading system hurts the collecting community as a whole. But, you don't care about that, you just wanted to drop your two cents in and feel like a big man because you thought you had some inside information. Well, thanks a bunch for your secrets. Your spy work is greatly appreciated, two months ago. Youíre relating old news. So, go back to May and tell everyone. They'll really want to hear it.

Oh, one more thing. You can stick that attitude up your corn hole. These forums are for everyone to voice their opinions and we don't need "THE MAN" (that's you) keeping us down.

FIGHT THE POWER!

ps

Donít you have a grammar program? You must be so dumb that you donít know a period from a comma. I am surprised you even know how to turn on a computer. Let a lone feed yourself. Howís that wit for you? Itís witty, not whitty, you moron.

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 08:15 AM
toyjamz, if you really want to make a point, what's with your crappy attitude and flaming everyone? You come off as nothing more than a common jack@ss troll. Oh yeah, and by the way Mr. Spelling Expert, the phrase is "I couldn't care less". Saying that you could care less means that you actually could, in fact, care less. Guess you're not quite as smart as you think you are...but any of us could tell you that.

I thought your first post was also supposed to be your last? Too bad it actually wasn't.

Vortex
07-02-2002, 08:44 AM
I think this toyjamz should tell us where he works. KEBco is around here too, and at least he's social and helpful for a secondary vendor...unlike this guy/gal/little boy trying to be big...

Its obivious that he, she, it, doesn't like the lot of us, and views us in a negative light, so maybe this thing should tell us the name of the store. That way this blowhard doesn't have to sell to us in the future since we all seem to be cry babies and punk kids.

Not much of a sales person or shop owner if you ask me. Hmmm, maybe this toyjamz just unloads the trucks...

Nataku
07-02-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
I think this toyjamz should tell us where he works. KEBco is around here too, and at least he social and helpful for a secondary vendor...unlike this guy/gal/little boy trying to be big...

If I had to hazard a guess... I'd say toyjamz is probably related somehow to Jam's Toys, a sirsteve sponsor.

That's just my guess though...

Nataku

SNAYSON
07-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Nataku

If I had to hazard a guess... I'd say toyjamz is probably related somehow to Jam's Toys, a sirsteve sponsor.

That's just my guess though...

Nataku

i thought about that too. I have not used any of Sirsteve's sponsors except Brian's toys (bought a bunch of loose stormtroopers awhile ago) and i intend NOT to use, EVER, Jam's Toys, unless they can prove that toyjamz is not, IN ANY WAY, affiliated to Jam's Toys.

I have my Jorg Sacul figure. Not important to me if it's not a uncirculated conditon. I open my figures, including Jorg Sacul! if i got another, i would consider not opening it, but it makes a good addition to army building.

i could hear it now: " the horror, the horror, opening a limited figure! the horror, the horror!":eek:

OriginalBryGuy
07-02-2002, 10:43 AM
It's not too late. Maybe I'll get a job at the Indianapolis Convention Center as a Janitor. See, then in a couple years, when Celebration III rolls into Indy, I'll sneak around, buy like 5 boxes of whatever exclusive figure they have, then get them graded, then just sell those figures for 10 bucks to everyone here in this forum! Who wants one?

You can start making checks out to....haha:D

KEBco
07-02-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
KEBco is around here too, and at least he's social and helpful for a secondary vendor...

We check the forums a couple times a week just to see whats going on. Sometimes we have to respond to the posts.

I made a comment about grading - not really agreeing with it. But, if you want to have your figure graded, go for it. Just do not expect the next person to pay extra top dollars because of a sticker that says "This Figure Is Rated 10+".
About the Jorg Sacul figure, if we could have got any - we certainly would have, but I doubt if we could charge more than $20 for it. (Maybe in a year or so, when you cannot find one anywhere??)

We try to be helpful, informative and yes - socialable. After all, most people that visit this forum do not know us personally. If we come off as being cocky, this will really hurt our business. All we have to offer is good products, reasonable pricing and most important of all, service. If we can offer any advise here, then we do so. We do not try to shoot down, offend, call names or start an argument with fellow visitors. Lets face it, we are all in this together. If you find a good deal, pass it along to someone else. If we help each other - everyone benefits.
KEBco

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 10:51 AM
Hmm... anyone wanna join me on buying up a bunch of peg-warmers from stores, putting them in star cases then making stickers in photoshop to put on them for "grading" then toss'em on ebay with high grades? :D

SNAYSON
07-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by KEBco

We check the forums a couple times a week just to see whats going on. Sometimes we have to respond to the posts.

I made a comment about grading - not really agreeing with it. But, if you want to have your figure graded, go for it. Just do not expect the next person to pay extra top dollars because of a sticker that says "This Figure Is Rated 10+".
About the Jorg Sacul figure, if we could have got any - we certainly would have, but I doubt if we could charge more than $20 for it. (Maybe in a year or so, when you cannot find one anywhere??)

We try to be helpful, informative and yes - socialable. After all, most people that visit this forum do not know us personally. If we come off as being cocky, this will really hurt our business. All we have to offer is good products, reasonable pricing and most important of all, service. If we can offer any advise here, then we do so. We do not try to shoot down, offend, call names or start an argument with fellow visitors. Lets face it, we are all in this together. If you find a good deal, pass it along to someone else. If we help each other - everyone benefits.
KEBco

a class act! Even though i have not bought anything from KEBco, yet ( i'm fortunate to find 95% of all my SW figures in my area), I would certainly buy from them for being helpful, informative, socialable and professional! way to go KEBco. :)

icatch9
07-03-2002, 08:02 AM
I don't know for sure, but was Jam Toys even at Celebration II? I don't remember. There wasn't to many dealers there, and the ones that were there I would say where mostly mean and con artists. I know it was busy as all get out and everyone had pockets full of money, but the prices on things just kept going up and up. They started at high scalper price and then went up from there. It was very sick to me an educated collector who knows the price and value of things. I went there with a lot of money I had saved over several months. I expected to get a lot of things, but I was wrong. I refuse to pay over price just becaseu I have the money.

Anyway, my experience with dealers at CII was less than good. The one guy I bought some stuff off of was out of Indy and called Falcons Hanger. Even he had higher prices on Saturday than he did on Friday.

OriginalBryGuy
07-03-2002, 09:35 AM
Dealers certainly had a field day at CII but that was expected. 20,000+ people from all around the globe showed up in Indy that weekend. For many, it represented the only time they'd see this many figures close up, and by the looks of it people were more then willing to buy at scalper prices.

My mom even bought a vintage Logray cause she thought he looked cute. I said, "Jeez, how much did you pay for that?" She said, "30" which is actually a reasonable price for that figure, but I was like, "You have to be careful, these people are out for blood!" Blood in this case meaning money from those that don't have a clue as to whats a good deal and what isn't. haha

icatch9
07-03-2002, 09:58 AM
I realize that. These dealers have to feed thier families too. Still, I didn't like the way the exhibitors operated. Plus, there where so few of them that there was no competition. Anyway, none of that matters now.

I hope that Logray was near mint on card.

I guess we scared that toyjamz guy right out of hear. Or he's just reading these and insulting us in the confort of his moms basement :)

OriginalBryGuy
07-09-2002, 10:19 AM
The Logray wasn't in that great of condition but it's still a great figure. haha

icatch9
07-09-2002, 11:15 AM
Well as long as your mother was happy that's all that really matters.