PDA

View Full Version : Lack of new toys giving me hallucinations...

BlahBlahBlah
06-21-2002, 03:29 PM
I think not seeing any new toys, save for the Bespin wave, in a long time has started giving me hallucinations.

I was walking through K-Mart today, after doing some shopping for my mom. Now, this particular K-Mart never has any new toys. All they have were the ones that came out 4/23. So I wasn't even going to stop by the toy aisle.

But as I walked by, I glanced into the aisle-- and something caught my eye. It was a brown object, and it looked distinctively like Fighter Pilot Obi-Wan's cloak! A few weeks ago I had been in another K-Mart, and had actually picked up some I hadn't seen yet, including Luminara, Taun We, and the Royal Guard. I thought, "Gee, maybe this K-Mart has new figures in, too!"

So I walked into the aisle to look... and my heart sank. Somehow I had looked at the pillar that came with Arena Padme and thought it was JSP Obi Wan's cloak.:cry:

So I left, toyless and feeling like an idiot. Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Jaina Solo
06-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Yep. I still have days when I think Kit Fasto is Yoda.

"Ooh, look, something green- Gah! Damn Kit Fasto!"

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, though. That's really a bummer.

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Not really all that much, except when I was looking for the background variants, I would see something on the inside of the bubbles only to dig out the figure and learn it was just light & shadow playing with my head.

I have had several dreams of finding figures in stores that I've been having a hard time finding. :D No matter what the figure is either, hehe.

BlahBlahBlah
06-21-2002, 03:44 PM
I've done that to, LTBasker. :p Except in my dreams, it's figures that don't exist. I remember after I saw AOTC, I dreamed I found an MIB Coleman Trebor.

pthfnder89
06-21-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Not really all that much, except when I was looking for the background variants, I would see something on the inside of the bubbles only to dig out the figure and learn it was just light & shadow playing with my head.

I have had several dreams of finding figures in stores that I've been having a hard time finding. :D No matter what the figure is either, hehe.

Lol LTB, me too:)

Back before POTF2 came out, during the big dry spell, I used to dream all the time of walking into a KB or TRU and finding that they had found these old cases of vintage figures in a wharehouse somewhere and they decided to put them out for discount prices!

I think those were the most disappointing dreams I've ever woken up from:(

Darth Narcis
06-21-2002, 09:04 PM
This is going to sound wierd, but about a month or two before the toys came out i dreamed i was in a toys r us on mars and i saw the blue packaging they ended up being in, which freaked me out the first day i went into a wal mart and saw the blue packaging. on mars, there were no yodas.

TIE Pilot
06-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Whew.. and here I thought ~I~ was the only one that had weird dreams about Star Wars figures!