PDA

View Full Version : StarWars.Hasbro.Com has Saga Release Dates

Beast
06-21-2002, 04:00 PM
We all have been wondering, since we already have 40 figures out now, how they were going to stagger what was left of the 12 remaining figures out. Well, Hasbro has updated their site with the following info. :)

Collection 1:
84860 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Starfighter Pilot June/July
84880 Han Solo, Endor Raid June/July
84890 Chewbacca, Cloud City Capture June/July
84905 Darth Maul, Sith Training July/August
84906 Anakin Skywalker, Tatooine Attack August/September
84904 Padme Amidala, Coruscant Attack August/September
84909 Jango Fett, Slave I Pilot September/October
84911 Clone Trooper, Republic Gunship Pilot September/October
84910 Destroyer Droid October/November

Collection 2:
84809 Djas Puhr, Alien Bounty Hunter May/June
84808 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine May/June
84912 Ki-Adi Mundi, Jedi Master June/July
84813 Teemto Pagalies, Pod Racer July/August
84260 Watto, Mos Espa Junk Dealer August/September
84913 Lott Dod, Neimoidian Senator August/September
84914 Tusken Raider with Massiff August/September
84812 Ephant Mon, Jabba's Head of Security (Fans' Choice #4) September/October

So we are getting months with only 1 or 2 new figures. That is a big disapointment. Hopefully we do get more then 52 this year, since this info appears to point out the fact that they don't list anothing for November and December. Well, other then the new E2 Destroyer Droid. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Yeah, they're probably counting the "Holiday Season" figures as 2003 assortments.

Some fairly nice (I hope) figures coming out. :cool:

saladin
06-21-2002, 04:41 PM
at least we have a ruff # of wats coming out and when, and we won't be overwhelmed with new figs so we csn all catch up.

Jaina Solo
06-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info, Jar Jar.

Can you explain the Collection 1/Collection 2 thing? I can't make sense of it. Usually they finish something before they move to the next number (like the waves in E1 figs).

Darth Shifty
06-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by saladin
at least we have a ruff # of wats coming out and when, and we won't be overwhelmed with new figs so we csn all catch up.

The big pain is going to be finding the couple figures that come out in a two month time span.

Beast
06-21-2002, 05:04 PM
POTF2 - Collection 1 used to be mostly for Rebels and Main Charecter good guys. Collection 2 was for secondary charecters and non-aligned aliens. Collection 3 was for Imperial charecters.

E1 - Collection 1 was main charecters. Collection 2 was for secondary charecters. And Collection 3 was for minor charecters.

POTJ - It got confusing with POTJ, but Collection 1 again was mostly for main charecters. And Collection 2 was mostly for secondary charecters.

Saga- Collection 1 is the more kid friendly fun figures. These figures usually have gimmicks on them. Collection 2 are more for the collector. They don't have any gimmick action features. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jaina Solo
06-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Thanks. That makes sense- shocking, for Hasbro. Maybe it just worked out that way? ;) Seriously, thanks for the detailed answer. Looking at the lists, it still kind of looks that way- collection 1 with the main characters, collection 2 with the minors. Though I really don't see what makes a rubber battle droid more of a main character than the guy who's gonna be the Emperor... But anyway. :)

tagmac
06-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Well, that list isn't entirely accurate. It's still June, and I've already found Han, Chewie, and Pilot Obi-Wan.

Beast
06-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by tagmac
Well, that list isn't entirely accurate. It's still June, and I've already found Han, Chewie, and Pilot Obi-Wan.
How is it not accurate? It says June/July. Meaning that they should start showing up in most areas in June and July. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-21-2002, 11:23 PM
I'm glad the flow of new figures is slowing to a trickle again. For those of us not independently wealthy (or who don't have rich parents) having 8-10 new figures every month is a little overwhelming.

Besides, looking at that list, I only see two, maybe three, definite buys. There are a few others I am unsure of, so I will reserve judgment until I see them on the shelves.

Beast
06-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Maybe Hasbro is being kind to us in the 4th Quarter, because FAO is screwing everyone that is going to get a Imperial Shuttle. Could it be that Hasbro feels our pain, and is going light on the figures the months that exclusives normally come out? Or maybe it's just a coincedence. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-21-2002, 11:34 PM
A Collection 1 Destroyer Droid worries me a little. Wonder if he'll have some gigantic middle that is really a firing missile and they had to enlarge it due to safety reasons. :p

It would nice not having to worry about figures during December and just concentrate on other stuff. Plus it gives parents 52 figures to choose from, which will have time to get on the pegs by then.

chubbychicken
06-22-2002, 01:42 AM
wow thats pretty far away....esspecially if u live in canada like me...damn is it insane looking for these figures up here i have been running around town for over a month just looking for that simple hanger duel anakin skywalker figure but nope it was supose ot b released on 4/23 was it not? but luckily the other day i ran into a comic store n bam! 2 anakins n one yoda...so i snatched them all up haha i guess i got lucky...so who knows wen all those figures listed above will be released in canada!

BillyJAck
06-22-2002, 02:29 AM
Why O Why do I have to wait so Long for my Ephant Mon figure. October is sssssooooooooo far away. sigh..well maybe 12 inch dooku will come out soon.... I can't wait to get the new x wing and landspeeder they look very cool . Only figs i'll buy on that list is pilot jango(if he looks good) and tusken raider for sure. Lott Dodd is a BIG maybe....depends if he's in scale finally...Maul looks to be full of gimmicks...but i'm a sucker for maul

Billyjack

asiandoood
06-25-2002, 11:40 PM
any news on the 12 inchers?

Vortex
06-25-2002, 11:48 PM
So I take it some of you don't collect the unleashed figs, vehicles, delux? I think there are some rolling down the pipe here pretty quick.

I'm glad that there's only a few figs rolling out this year, but the other stuff hits the wallet pretty hard to make up for lack of figs.

Adam
06-26-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Maybe Hasbro is being kind to us in the 4th Quarter, because FAO is screwing everyone that is going to get a Imperial Shuttle. Could it be that Hasbro feels our pain, and is going light on the figures the months that exclusives normally come out? Or maybe it's just a coincedence. ;) :)

Well since it would be getting to the holiday season they better get some news one in Q4..