PDA

View Full Version : endor rebel soldier , variant ?

steve3p0
06-21-2002, 09:56 PM
i've read about the endor rebel soldier being the first of army builders. i've read that there is one with a goatee and one without ? is this true ? i have only found the one with goatee.

Beast
06-21-2002, 09:58 PM
The clean shaven version isn't shipping yet, but it should start shipping soon. Hasbro is doing a 50/50 production run on these. As soon as they hit the 50% mark in the goatee version, they will switch the production over to the clean shaven version. He should start showing up in the next Collection 2 assortment, most likely. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 12:57 AM
I can just see the auctions on ebay when this guy first starts showing up.:rolleyes:

Anyway, isn't Hasbro also releasing an Endor Trooper army builder 4-pack soon? Will they be more of these guys or just 4 of the POTF2 version?

Beast
06-22-2002, 01:00 AM
It's the POTF2 version, from everything I have heard, BigB. Which isn't that bad, the POTF2 figure was pretty great. Plus that version of the soldier is wearing the whole camo oufit. I hope they atleast do some different heads for the army building set. I would like to see a black version of the ERS. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I still have the POTF2 version, so unless they do something apart from releasing an Endor Clonetrooper 4-pack then I will have to pass.:)

2-1B
06-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Will they be offering better rifles with the Fan Club 4 ?
Because the ones I had were terrible, way too rubbery and misshapened. :)

I'm all for Army Builders, because I know people love them, but isn't the "two versions of head" thing kinda weird? I mean, if you buy 50 of the clean shaven version, sure he is generic. But throw in another 50 goateed versions and suddenly they aren't so generic - there's an either/or thing going on.

Personally, I think it would be cooler to get better articulated Troops that look the same . . . but I'm not an Army Builder. ;)

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 01:15 AM
I don't think there were any more than 15-20 of the Endor Rebel on the striketeam. Thus if you reeeeeaaaallly want to recreate every single one, then I think some customization would be necessary. Although having 20 figures all in the exact same pose will tend to look more like a Broadway chorus line than an elite military strikeforce.;)

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 01:16 AM
The Phaaaannttoom of the Endor is heere... inside my Ewok...

Beast
06-22-2002, 01:17 AM
Probably the old POTF2 rifles, Caesar. Since Hasbro packed the old oversized POTF2 Imperial Blaster with the Stormtrooper Fan Club 4-Pack. Oh, and thanks again for that bearded ERS, Caesar. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 01:26 AM
You can always tweak the figures to make them different. Like you could paint the Endor Soldier's goatee and/or skin color, or you could chip off parts of the goatee with an X-acto blade.

Doubt they'd go through the trouble of putting different heads on the FC 4-pack versions, but oh well. The rifle wasn't too bad either, although I'm guessing it'll probably be gummier than the POTF2 version.

I don't see why people are complaining about the bigger Stormy blasters coming with the upcoming accessory pack and the FC 4-pack, they fit and look a whole lot better in the hands of the CTC Troopers than the small blasters.

bigbarada
06-22-2002, 02:13 AM
I already plan to pick up a few of each Saga version, I figure with a little creativity with the accessories (helmet off/helmet on; jacket off/jacket on) and some minor alterations (repainting the goatee into a blond beard for one) then I will be able to make about five or six "unique" troopers just from these two. I'm also considering doing head swaps from other figures; but like I mentioned before, the pose limits how many I can make without them looking silly together.