PDA

View Full Version : Autopilot on the Naboo fighter.

scruffziller
06-22-2002, 02:26 AM
When Anikin is flying the Naboo fighter and says it is on autopilot, isn't that really R2 flying the craft?

Beast
06-22-2002, 02:31 AM
I don't think so. R2-D2 and other astromechs seem to act more as co-pilots, and navigators on the ships. The ships are probably automatically locked into auto-pilot for take-offs, so that they stay in formation. Plus if the pilot and the astromech are out of commission, the secondary autopilot systems can be activated to return them to base. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 02:34 AM
The pilot still has some control though, which we saw when Anakin was taking off, they can still fire the blaster cannons for protection.

JediTricks
06-22-2002, 02:59 AM
R2 didn't seem to have any control over the Naboo Fighter, his Aurebesh text to Anakin is telling him to turn the ship around and head back, but Anakin takes control away from the autopilot and flies into battle instead.

scruffziller
06-22-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I don't think so. R2-D2 and other astromechs seem to act more as co-pilots, and navigators on the ships. The ships are probably automatically locked into auto-pilot for take-offs, so that they stay in formation. Plus if the pilot and the astromech are out of commission, the secondary autopilot systems can be activated to return them to base. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I was meaning that Anikin didn't know it was R2 because R2 didn't do it right away when he requested.

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 04:05 PM
I wonder if it was R2's first time in a Naboo Fighter, since he seemed to be just a mechanic on the Royal Starship - considering if he was the navigator, his head would've been glued to the hull. ;)

scruffziller
06-22-2002, 05:49 PM
It just seemed to me like that it was weird that the ship was taking it to the control ship why would it go there,the other Naboo fighters, even though R2 said go back I thought he was advertantly doing that to get Anikin to do something.........ah......mmmmm.....I don't know I am so confused as to what I was thinking!!!!

Exhaust Port
06-29-2002, 05:54 PM
Perhaps a Naboo control center sent all active fighters into the battle using the autopilot to arrange attack formations, etc. Once Anakin activated his fighter it loaded the current autopilot flight plan which was to take off and fly towards the Control Ship. At some point the pilots would assume control and engage in battle.