PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Twelve Inch!

Tycho
06-22-2002, 08:12 AM
I don't know what I'll forget, but first maybe we should put them in general categories:

THE VERY BEST:

Bikerscout on Speederbike
14" Electronic Darth Vader
Ultimate Bounty Hunter Jango Fett
Han Hoth on TaunTaun
Dewback and Sandtrooper
Boba Fett Electronic

REALLY, REALLY REALLY GOOD:

Obi-Wan Kenobi Collector Series
Tusken Raider Collector Series
Admiral Ackbar Collector Series
Luke X-wing Collector Series
Luke Hoth and Wampa
Captain Tarpals and Kaadu
Electronic C-3PO (TRU 2-pack)
R2D2 with Tools
Leia Boussh Bounty Hunter Disguise
Bib Fortuna
Slave Leia w. R2D2 Bartender
IG-88
Bossk
Padme Amidala Defense of Naboo
Qui-Gon Jinn Defense of Naboo
Episode One Obi-Wan Kenobi
Episode One Mace Windu
Episode One Boss Nass
Episode Two Anakin Skywalker
C-3PO Removeable Limbs
Leia Ceremony
Amidala Purple Return to Naboo
Amidala Black Travel Gown
Amidala Red Senate Gown
Episode One Electronic C-3PO
Wedge Antilles
14" Vader (non-electronic)
ATAT Driver
Death Star Trooper
Han Stormtrooper (2-pack)
Luke Stormtrooper (2-pack)
Luke Endor Speederbike
Yoda from Dagobah Training
Luke from Dagobah Training
Darth Maul and Sith Speeder
Luke 100th Anniversary Figure

FIGURES THAT ARE OK; HAPPY TO COLLECT:

Han Solo Collector Series
C-3PO Collector Series
Boba Fett Collector Series
Princess Leia Collector Series
Stormtrooper Collector Series
Sandtrooper Collector Series
Grand Moff Tarkin Collector Series
Snowtrooper Collector Series
R5D4
R2D2
R2D2 Electronic (TRU 2-pack)
Death Star Droid
Luke Jedi (FAO 2-pack)
4-LOM
Luke Jedi Action Collection
Electronic Emperor Palpatine
Death Star Gunner
Anakin Skywalker Pilot
Pit Droid 2-pack
Darth Maul
CloneTrooper
Clone Commander
Clone Captain
Han Endor
Leia Hoth
Darth Maul split in half
Luke Stormtrooper
Han Stormtrooper
Obi-Wan Lightsaber Training (Falcon)
Anakin Skywalker 13" Spirit (Chronicle Books)
Yoda
R2A6
TC-14

THESE GUYS HAVE SOME PROBLEMS:

Luke Skywalker Collector Series
Lando Calrissian Collector Series
Luke Bespin Collector Series
TIE Fighter Pilot Collector Series
Greedo Collector Series
Cantina Band Members
Ponda Baba
Barquin'Dan
Emperor Palpatine
Royal Guard
Sebulba
Anakin Skywalker 6"
Watto
Battle Droid
OOM-9
Qui-Gon Tatooine
JarJar Binks
Qui-Gon Jinn
Episode 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi
Slave Leia Action Collection
Sabe "Ultimate Hair"
Theed Throne Queen
Padme Handmaiden
Electronic Darth Maul
Biggs Darklighter

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT:

Darth Vader Collector Series
Chewbacca Collector Series
Luke Ceremony Collector Series
Wicket
Chewie in Chains
Episode 2 Mace Windu
Chewbacca Action Collection
Han Bespin
Electronic Qui-Gon
Electronic JarJar Binks
Aurra Sing

DeadEye
06-22-2002, 08:29 AM
I agree. The TIE pilot sucks.

I like my Episode I Obi-Wan.

DarthBrandon
06-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Since I'm very picky about my 12" figures, I never buy too many of them. So the ones I thought were the very best are:

Electronic Darth Vader ( Removable Helmet )
Elcetronic Boba Fett
Ultimate Jango Fett
Han Solo Taun Taun
Sandtrooper ( Collector Series )
Snowtrooper ( Collector Series )
Darth Maul Episode 1
Palpatine ( Collector Series )
Death Star Trooper ( POTJ )
Luke Ceremonial ( Collector Series )
Anakin Skywalker ( The Story Of Darth Vader )

These figures are in no particular order and I only buy them if I really liked something about them. As you can see very few have caught my attention. They may differ from Tyco's opinion, but this is just my opinion on what I rate for my best or favorites and I've seen plenty of them. While there are many good 12" figures out there, I only bought all of these ones. I'm a 3 3/4" collector at heart.

Magus Frost
06-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Myself, I'd put that Defense of Naboo Qui Gon above either the Han Taun Taun, the Luke Wampa, or the Stormtrooper Dewback (which was too small, BTW).

The Qui Gon in question has a great Jedi outfit which is pretty accurate. I've got it on my 12" AotC Obi Wan, actually (I picked up an extra when they were on clearance for $20 at Big Lots).

Darth Cruel
06-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Tycho...I resent the use of my name to imlpy a...um...cruel punishment. Uh, never mind.

Gotta disagree with the #1s so far. UBH Jango beats all of the others hands down. Best in all catagories, articulation, costume, sculpt, accessories, and severed body parts if it is true that his head comes off, I haven't checked mine yet.

Then comes the Scout/Speeder
Han/TaunTaun
Maul/Speeder (can you tell I like the the 12" vehicles)
Bossk (even with the limited articulation)
Electronic Boba Fett
Electronic Vader

I am a little miffed about the EII 12" figures other than Jango...but that is another thread.

Tycho
06-22-2002, 04:13 PM
Hey Darth Cruel, :)

I actually wasn't trying to rank the 12" at this point, just figure out what categories they belonged in. I would actually rank the 14" Darth Vader at the top of that list amongst the best of the best. It's just my preference. But the thing is, I'd have bought 5 of them if I couldn't control myself!*

*I talk about what I did with the 3 I did get in other threads.

But the first 2 categories include all the reasons I started collecting 12", though the first was quite clearly a ToyFare cover picture of Han Hoth on TaunTaun when we learned it was making its debut!

When that happened, I actually didn't own any 12" and I went out and hunted down the ones I'd missed because initially they sat in stores way more than most later times. I think that TaunTaun convinced a lot of people that this was going to be a viable line!

But anyway, the figures started getting put in my categories as I was thinking about each wave of 12" through the history of the whole thing, and then just adding them in. As I probably didn't remember all the figures, I didn't remember their release order all that clearly, so at one point I started just looking around my rooms and listing what figures I saw there, putting them in a category as I thought of them.

So within the categories, they are not ranked.

tagmac
06-22-2002, 07:50 PM
My top ten 12" figures would have to be:

Han Solo/Tauntaun
Biker Scout/Speeder Bike
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Collector Series)
Boba Fett (Collector Series)
Bossk
Jango Fett
Darth Maul/Sith Speeder
Tusken Raider
Yoda
Jawa

Chewbacca had the potential to be my #1. First off came the delays, pushing his release back more than a year, after he'd been promised in the first two assortments, then made only 1 per case. Biggest problem - I had expected a hard plastic body (like the vintage large figs), with "real" fur glued onto the body (sort of like a bodysuit). By making the package wider and bending the knees, they could have easily made this figure to scale. Instead, we ended up getting a freaking STUFFED ANIMAL, no taller than the Vader figure, with a wire frame (made it impossible to stand up)! Only the head came out right, and certainly could have been utilized onto the "hard bodied" design I suggested earlier. Chewie in chains was just a lame way to use up the overstock, and the Action Collection Chewie was not only too skinny, but looked lame and couldn't even hold onto the bowcaster. What shoddy treatment Hasbro gave to a character who deserved much better.

The same problem also ruined the too-small Wampa figure. If they could get the Tauntaun right, why not the Wampa?!

Tycho
06-22-2002, 08:59 PM
Tagmac: I so much agree with you about Chewbacca. The Wampa somehow turned out OK, done the way it was.

As he stands, Chewie looks OK in my displays after I spent hours bending wires in him so he could stand up on his own (without even a stand for support). He does alright now. Still my favorite Chewie was the vintage 15".

The cartridges came off the bandolier and one at a time, could be snapped into place on his bowcaster. He had free range of motion with the articulation given him, and he actually LOOKED LIKE Chewbacca.

I do like the furry ones better than the Peeling Tree Bark one.

But why not sew the fur into a skin-tight nylon suit, or spandex suit, which is then put on over the fully poseable hardshell body? With his head, they should root it like barbie hair and do the whole thing right.

In the end, "The Ultimate Chewbacca" would be a $50-70 piece for one figure, but I'd guess a lot of us here would say it'd be worth it. - Oh, and packed in with him would be the original removeable cartridge bandolier and bowcaster, plus the stormtrooper rifle and a "projectile firing" stormtrooper gun, his chain from Jabba's Palace, a couple of his Millennium Falcon tool kits, his goggles, some Dejerek pieces and a chess table and stool you put together, and handcuffs from Cloud City.

Check that: I'd pay $100.00 for this!

Rrraarrrarggh-wrryyyooook-araarggghrraarrrr!

jedibear
06-22-2002, 11:14 PM
The top ten for me are:

Han Solo/Tauntaun
Bossk
Qui-Gon Jinn (DoN)
SnowTrooper
Darth Vader (electronic)
Boba Fett (electronic)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
Biker Scout & Speeder Bike
Jango Fett (AOTC)
Captain Tarpals & Kaadu

There are others I like too...it's tough to allow only 10!

A couple honorable mentions I'll sneak in there are:

Darth Maul (the first one)
R2D2 (from the TRU set)
Clonetrooper
Yoda

and although I don't have him yet, Ki Adi Mundi looks to be an excellent figure.....

The biggest misfires for me are: NO decent Han Solo head sculpt yet! And I agree with Tagmac...it's unfortunate that Chewbacca has yet to see a decent rendition as a large scale figure yet.

2-1B
06-23-2002, 01:50 AM
Bossk is my absolute favorite piece in my modest 12" collection! I like him even more than the Biker Scout with Speeder and Han w/ Taun Taun.

Lately I've been partial to Obi-Wan and Anakin in general. Not for having the best figures - rather with my AOTC Obi and Ani I feel I can do a somewhat complete "visual timeline" of my 2 favorite characters. That reminds me, I've meaning to "Dear Hasbro" about a 6" Padawan Ani. If interested, head over there and throw in a word of support. But I do realize that his priority will be low on most collector's lists. :D

Tycho
06-23-2002, 02:31 AM
Not at all Caesar. I bought a lot of the E1 12" Obi-Wan intending to set up scenes. (plus I liked the figure for TPM)

I think I'd always intended that there'd be a 12" Ceremony Amidala, a Padawan (Jake Lloyd) Anakin, and I'd put R2D2 with them to round-out the heroic 4-some.

Still wish I'd never turned down that R2 with Tools when I had the chance to buy him. I'd have used another R2 in that ceremony scene, and with my Tatooine figures from TPM.

I'm sure they'll do more R2's like in the 3 3/4" line. In spite of the fact that I don't need R2 for a Jabba's Palace 12" diorama, a lightsaber launching one would rock at this scale!

Anyway, I'll go and sign the post for the padawan Anakin in the Dear Hasbro section. Thanks for bringing that up!

Thunderstorm1
06-23-2002, 12:39 PM
My Favs are

1. Scout Trooper/Speeder Bike
2. Luke/Speederbike
3. Ultimate Jango Fett
4. Dewback & Sandtrooper
5. Han and Taun Taun
6. Luke and Wampa

Jedi Kit Fisto
06-23-2002, 02:15 PM
gotta go with these top ten, best first......

Electronic Vader (Sith 2 Pack)
Darth Maul (Sith 2 Pack)
Bouush
Bossk
C3P0
Tusken Raider
Boba Fett
Qui Gonn
IG-88
Electronic Emperor

Mace Windex
06-23-2002, 03:21 PM
[/QUOTE]
The Qui Gon in question has a great Jedi outfit which is pretty accurate. I've got it on my 12" AotC Obi Wan, actually (I picked up an extra when they were on clearance for $20 at Big Lots). [/B][/QUOTE]

You found SW figs at BIG LOTS?? Never saw any here! I would love to find a Defense of Naboo Qui Gon loose. Anyone know where I can find one at a reasonable price??

empire1
06-23-2002, 04:35 PM
My top ten favorites are:

Luke w/ Wampa
Han w/ Tauntaun
Tusken Raider
Bossk
Snowtrooper
Sandtrooper w/ Dewback
Electronic Darth Vader
IG-88
Admaril Ackbar
Electronic Boba Fett

Exhaust Port
06-23-2002, 10:51 PM
My top 10:

1. Speeder Bike with Bikerscout
2. Han with Tauntaun
3. Electronic Darth Vader
4. Sandtrooper with Dewback (even though the Trooper is weak)
5. Imperial Gunner
6. Leia in Bouush gear
7. R5-D4
8. Luke in X-Wing pilot gear
9. Royal Guard
10. Tie Fighter Pilot (a personal favorite even if the sculpt could use some work)

Tycho
06-24-2002, 12:29 AM
The TIE Pilot is listed amongst the figures I think had some problems, but these are not the worst of the lot by far:

Luke Skywalker Collector Series - his hair was too blonde, but other than that, this Luke Tatooine was alright.

Lando Calrissian Collector Series - he doesn't resemble Lando without some difficulty. It was in the head sculpt.

Luke Bespin Collector Series - again, his hair was way too blonde and if he is more poseable that I originally thought, I'll have to bring him back out of the box and see if the elbow articulation is there by pushing up his sleeves. I never noticed this before on some 12", but they could be more articulate than "I" thought. Hasbro seems to like packaging so their arms are twisted so the elbow doesn't bend naturally. If it does bend at all on these older ones. Before you respond one way or another, I recommend we all roll up the sleeves (or remove the jacket) and check to be sure.

TIE Fighter Pilot Collector Series - the only thing here was that his legs looked too skinny. He has this huge amount of gear on his upper body and a large helmet, and skinny legs? He looks like they put "Erkle" in football gear!

Greedo Collector Series - the gun molded into his hand kind of bites. Then he's wearing pastels on top of it.

Cantina Band Members - they don't stand that well (without stands, though mine does through 30 minutes of effort with him) and then the whole band is just the same figure repackaged with a different instrument and they changed up the packaging to make different characters, but is that what makes it collectible? Cardboard? I didn't want a whole band, so I just bought Nalan since he comes with the coolest instrument. I guess I screwed somebody out there who was going for a complete set......(oops) Sorry

Ponda Baba - he's actually quite nice, but a concealed weapon holster or something more would have helped him. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they made him, but other figures are more exciting. The removeable arm feature on Ponda is cool, but how many people here who display him loose USE that feature? I don't know. I guess it had to be included. Better it is for no apparent use (in real numbers) than not done at all. Nice that the jacket's split was well thought out in advance too. It can be done exactly like as in the movie.

Barquin'Dan - cantina band member rehash. That's all it is. With the Max Rebo Band finally being made, I will probably finally appreciate Barquin more than I ever did before.

Emperor Palpatine - he's just kind of boring and not too authentically sculpted IMO, plus lacking electronics like the 2-pack one, just puts this one down further on my list.

Royal Guard - for an exclusive figure originally priced high, I thought they'd give him the red Stormtrooper (Kir Kanos / Crimson Empire) armor under his robes, and cross-draw blasters. True that's EU, but no other licensed source has shown what's under those robes. As it stands, a plastic figure with no detail is what's under them: boring! I had higher hopes and still wish to hear that the Maramit is on its way.

Sebulba - just plastic with one chubba permanently stuck in his hand. Cool sculpt, but not much in the way of accessories or a change of clothes.

Anakin Skywalker 6" - boring next to the pilot 6" of Anakin. It would have stood up to that figure had they not decided to finally accessorize him right.

Watto - the poseable wings are a plus, but no clothes save for molded ones and no accessories? It's not worth $20, but it's still nice.

Battle Droid - Lacks all the articulation that would've been cool.

OOM-9 - see battledroid.

Qui-Gon Tatooine - the poncho could have been included with the original 12" Qui-Gon. Doing another one wasn't that exciting. Especially considering how much Qui-Gon products were overdone for TPM.

JarJar Binks - Nothing wrong with him. The ears might've been poseable. But he lacked accessories and could have had some tongue action on a 12". Other than that, JarJar's just boring.

Qui-Gon Jinn - the hair never came out right, and the costume and height on the Defense of Naboo Qui-Gon, blows the original Hasbro one away!

Episode 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi - No Jedi robe, wrong color undertunic, wrong texture too. Could've had 2 lightsabers (the 2nd one he uses versus Dooku). Could've had his Jedi Starfighter headset, his ship-tracking device, grappling hook, and Arena prisoner chains. A missed opportunity for AOTC. Plus it's not THAT accurate of sculpt. E1 Obi-Wan actually looks more like Ewan McGreggor.

Slave Leia Action Collection - the extra joints and larger jewels to play down the spaghetti strap idea on her bikini didn't do anything for Leia. This one might be more poseable, but her FAO version was sexier and more accurate.

Sabe "Ultimate Hair" -No gun? No action poseable body? No grip to hold a gun? Sorry, but the Trade Federation forces are not going to back down when they see her wielding her hair brush!

Theed Throne Queen - the barbie body wasn't necessary.

Padme Handmaiden -the barbie body also wasn't necessary.

Electronic Darth Maul - Too much plastic, not enough real-feel clothes and accessories.

Biggs Darklighter - the head sculpt just doesn't look like Biggs to me!

Anyway, these guys were better than the figures that showed up on my next list:

Darth Vader Collector Series - way too small. Have you seen his head? I refused to buy this one and you know how much I like Vader.

Chewbacca Collector Series -fur on wires. Is this a figure?

Luke Ceremony Collector Series -OK, he just looks like FrankenSon's Monster! This head sculpt was terrible. It is by far the worst head EVER done for a 12"!

Wicket - just a plastic big "nothing." Remember BigFoot figures? That's what he reminds me of. Real fur would have still gone such a long ways and made a $12 figure worth like $50 if he'd have been packaged with another Ewok (perhaps Teebo)

Chewie in Chains - see Chewbacca above.

Episode 2 Mace Windu - It doesn't look like Samuel Jackson even with my eyes closed. So why are his?

Chewbacca Action Collection - from a dust mop we go to peeling tree bark. At least they got one thing right: Chewbacca does bark.

Han Bespin - what an ugly mess for a headsculpt?
Han Carbonite - the same ugly mess!

Electronic Qui-Gon - his arm almost falling off act is too impressive to ignore. So is his half-rooted / half plastic hair. His battle lines and the "I'm Qui-Gon Jinn" (to Shmi in the movie) also do not go together or interact with other characters the way you' d think they'd be free to.

Electronic JarJar Binks - He's permanently holding that boomba thrower plus they sell key chains that make those sound effects.

Aurra Sing - great if you want to pose her with Harley Barbie. If not, what a disappointment on the body they chose to do her with!

I'll get to why I like what I do shortly. This was just a post to clear the negatives out of the air.

N-2PF
06-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Luke Skywalker Collector Series - his hair was too blonde, but other than that, this Luke Tatooine was alright.
Luke Ceremony Collector Series -OK, he just looks like FrankenSon's Monster! This head sculpt was terrible. It is by far the worst head EVER done for a 12"!

In my opinion it's just the other way round: Luke Ceremonial's headsculpt is much better than the first Luke was. In your thread there is too much to talk about at one place.
I start a new one:

Which Luke Tantooine headsculpt is better? http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10919 [/B][/QUOTE]

N-2PF
06-24-2002, 08:57 AM
Sebulba - just plastic with one chubba permanently stuck in his hand.

No, he can live without the chuba:

Megs 2
06-24-2002, 10:30 AM
I just collect the villians (Empire/Sith) & a few other "scummy" figures:

Biker Scout
Ultimate J Fett
Electronic B Fett
Sith Lord 2pk
IG-88
Stormtrooper

Thanks

Tycho
06-24-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by N-2PF

No, he can live without the chuba:

Cool N-2PF. Due to lack of room, I've stopped opening some 12" that I mainly buy because I want them in my display arrangements for certain characters - like Sebulba and the Tatooine 12" group. Although I must admit I always wanted to open him - a 12" that stands on his hands! That's cool!

But I opened all my Episode 2 twelve inch and am displaying them now, including 2 loose Anakins, one posed fighting side by side with Kenobi. And I have 4 clones attacking (not the Jedi, just posed like the Autobots on the Transformers: The Movie poster or something like that. This includes the Commander, Capatain, and 2 infantry men. I plan to have Ki-Adi Mundi join them (and another 12" Jedi Master when they come out with her or him - for this display I think a new Jedi character from E2 would be great company for Ki. (They're doing Plo Koon this year) so I want a 12" Aayla Secura or Kit Fisto to go in this scene. I think the colors would all compliment each other, while Plo Koon will wash-out, matching Ki-Adi Mundi's colors too much. - Don't get me wrong, I want Plo Koon bad! Just not for this scene.

humsup
06-25-2002, 08:18 AM
My top 10 very best :

1. Emperor Royal Guard
2. Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise (POTJ)
3. Clonetrooper
4. Bossk
5. IG-88
6. Death Star Gunner
7. Electronic 14" Darth Vader
8. Han Solo + TaunTaun
9. AT-AT Driver
10. Electronic Boba Fett

One other worth mentioning - Jawas

evenflow
06-25-2002, 04:55 PM
I dont like the Dewback. Other than that, no real big complaints.

Greejo
06-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Of the 70 odd I have in my collection (which are open and on display... :D ) I'd have to say my top ten(in no particular order) would be...
ScoutTrooper with Speederbike
Hoth Han with TaunTaun
Bossk
R5-D4
Admiral Ackbar
IG-88
Electronic Vader
Electronic Boba Fett
SnowTrooper
Darth Maul (first release)

I'm yet to hold any of the AOTC 12" in my hands as of yet so once I pick up a Jango, Dooku or the next Bounty Hunter wave I can see my list changing. :p

jedi master sal
06-27-2002, 09:56 AM
Some of my favorite in no particular order:
Han/Tauntaun
Biker Scout/speeder Bike
Darth Maul/sith speeder
100th Luke
Capt Tarpals/Kaadu
Darth Vader non electronic (Anakin reveal)
Leia Slave (the one with the R2) not the single pkg one
Boss Nass (yeah I like him, so what are you gonna do about it? j/k;)

These are a FEW of my favorite things...oops sorry wrong movie entirely.:p

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 11:43 AM
my top ten list....

well it's kind short cause I only collect the 12" Marmits (cause the sculpts and articulation is very good)
boba fett
stormtrooper
sandtrooper (both orange and white palderon)
tie fighter pilot

waiting for the AT AT driver

those are my ranking in that order

gsr-jedi
07-16-2002, 09:49 PM
I've been collecting the 3 3/4 figures for like 5 years now, recently I thought about collecting the 12" figures also. And after checking them out, decided that I'm going to start collecting the 12" figures too. So far I have the Masterpiece Edition Anakin & Aurra Sings (bought both a while ago on clearance, just cause I thought the concept of them was cool), and the Saga Mace Windu that is a TRU exclusive.

I want to get the Masterpiece C-3PO, Ultimate Jango, the KB Clones (red & yellow), Dooku, the first wave of the sagas, and wait to see how Zam & Super Battle Droid look.

I was wondering which of the 12" figures are overall the best, the best looking, etc.

derek
07-16-2002, 09:56 PM
this is just my opinion, but i think the best 12 inch figures are:

1. biker scout and speederbike
2. jango fett
3. darth maul and sith speeder
4. electronic removable helmet darth vader
5. electronic boba fett
6. han solo with taun taun
7. captain tarples and kaadu
8. bossk
9. 100th luke skywalker
10. bib fortuna/luke skywalker 2 pack

Thunderstorm1
07-16-2002, 10:16 PM
I'm Partial to the Biker Scount and Luke Endor With Speederbike,
I also love the Han Solo and Taun Taun, Jango Fett, Darth Maul and Speederbike, and all the Bounty Hunters!!

tagmac
07-16-2002, 10:21 PM
I would have to say the 10 best are:

1) Han Solo w/Tauntaun
2) Biker Scout w/Speeder Bike
3) Tusken Raider
4) Boba Fett
5) Snowtrooper
6) Darth Maul w/Sith Speeder
7) Ben Kenobi
8) Qui-Gon Jinn/Padme Naboo Battle
9) Jawa
10) Han Solo in Carbonite

Jonna
07-16-2002, 10:22 PM
Plo Koon, Plo Koon, Plo Koon, Zuckuss, Plo Koon, Plo Koon, Plo Koon, Zuckuss, Zuckuss, Zuckuss, Plo Koon!

Super Serg
07-16-2002, 10:24 PM
You guys have got some great lists & those are pretty much my
favs BUT I noticed that noone mentioned the WAMPA!!!
Just love that furry guy.
:D

*SS*

gsr-jedi
07-17-2002, 10:58 AM
cool, thanks for the help

Darth Cruel
07-17-2002, 11:09 AM
My own favs are as follows:

Jango Fett - Ultimate Bounty Hunter
Scout Trooper / Speeder Bike
Darth Maul / Sith Speeder
Clone Troopers (all of them)
Luke Skywalker 100th figure Special Edition
Electronic Boba Fett
The R2-D2 with the tools
The Pit Droids are cool

These represent the figures that come closest to the feature I would like to see in a figure. There are actually none that epitomize the figure I dream of.

Jayspawn
07-17-2002, 11:13 AM
These guys have good tase in 12" figures. The best and my favorites include...

1. Ultimate Jango Fett
2. Imperial Officer
3. 100th Luke Skywalker
4. Darth Maul
5. Electronic Boba Fett
6. Electronic Darth Vader w/ removable helmet
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I version)
8. Mace Windu (Episode I version)
9. Bossk
10. Sebulba

Darth Cruel
07-17-2002, 02:47 PM
Oh, Man! How could I have forgotten Bossk and Sebulba. They need to be added to my list!

tagmac
07-17-2002, 09:15 PM
The problem with the Wampa is that, instead of being sculpted as big as the Tauntaun, it was just another stuffed animal (like Chewie), barely bigger than the Hoth Luke figure. As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro blew it with this one, too.

derek
07-17-2002, 09:48 PM
yea tagmac, i agree. i hate that bendy/furry chewbacca, and i thought the wampa was the same. (i've never held one)

we really need an accurate version of the wampa and chewy!:)
i'd actually rather see an new wampa with luke as opposed to a new taun taun.:)

JediMikeBuckley
07-18-2002, 03:16 AM
Well, I did have the furry "muppet" looking Chewie, and sold him on eBay and got the newer all-plastic resculpted Chewie. It is over 13" inches tall, and is what I think is an "accurate" sculpt of Chewie. I've collected 12" Star Wars off an on all the way back to 1978, when I had the first Luke, and R2-D2 and C-3PO. I have most of the regular newer 12" figures so far. My favorites are:
1. Ultimate Jango Fett! (now if Hasbro would do a new Boba Fett with a removable helmet...now that we basically know what he looks like!)
2. Electronic Boba Fett (until a new one is done, if it's done)
3. Han Solo on Tautaun (had it, sold it, regret losing it!)
4. Luke/Jedi and Bib Fortuna two-pack (had it, sold it, it hurts!)
5. 100th Edition Luke Skywalker (still want to get this one...)
6. Electronic Darth Vader (have it, love it, will not sell it!)
7. Speederbike with Scout Trooper (had it, sold it...the pain...)
8. Darth Maul with Sith Speeder (still want this one! Passed it up many times)
9. Lando Calrissian (he's smooth baby...like his Colt 45 malt liquor!)
10. Han Solo Endor (gotta love that camo trenchcoat...got him too)

mark2d2
07-18-2002, 04:40 PM
I'm sure I'll be told off for some of my choices, but here are the ones that I enjoy the most in my own collection.

R5-D4 (They really did a great job on this guy.)

R2-D2 as Jabba's Prisioner (He looks great serving drinks to my Cantina Crowd.)

C3-P0 (book edition) (It's fun to make him go to pieces.)

Death Star Droid (Great paint job and overall a great sculpt.)

Jawa (He WAY cool out of the box. Pull the hood down a little and he's one outstanding l'il man.)

Barquin D'aan (I couldn't get any of the Walmart Exclusives, and this guy looks pretty cool. Especially love the hands.)

Greedo (He's just one of my favorite characters. . .)

Ponda Boba (Nifty removable arm, authentic styling on the outfit.)

Leia as Boushh (She is really awesome in her flawless Helmet.)

Admiral Akbar (he's really well done. Check him out!)

Ook
07-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Couldn't get a musician at Walmart? Dude, those guys sell MIB for less than retail on ebay. I got Figrin for about $17 + shipping.

Ha! They're selling for 11 bucks right now. You could afford the whole band.

mark2d2
07-20-2002, 03:22 AM
Vadersfist ---

Interesting. I haven't looked for a Cantina Band guy in a long while. But back in the day they were going for like $40 to $60 a piece. I'll have to look into them on ebay . . . As the are definitely cool dudes.

sith_killer_99
07-20-2002, 02:21 PM
Best 12 inch figures on the market:

Marmit!

Best 12 inch HASBRO figures on the market:

Any non-human figures, my personal favorites are:

IG-88
4-LOM
Bossk
R2-D2
R5-D4
Yoda
Jawa

I hope this helps.

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 02:41 AM
I don't know what I'll forget, but first maybe we should put them in general categories:

Greedo Collector Series
Cantina Band Members
Ponda Baba
Barquin'Dan
Emperor Palpatine
Royal Guard
Sebulba
Anakin Skywalker 6"
Watto
Battle Droid
OOM-9
Qui-Gon Tatooine
JarJar Binks
Qui-Gon Jinn
Episode 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sabe "Ultimate Hair"
Theed Throne Queen
Padme Handmaiden
Electronic Darth Maul
Biggs Darklighter

Wicket
Chewie in Chains
Episode 2 Mace Windu
Han Bespin
Electronic Qui-Gon
Electronic JarJar Binks
Aurra Sing
How do you define "these guys have problems", I have a number of those figs and they are great!!!

Tycho
07-22-2002, 08:18 AM
K- I like most of these figures, but not as much as all the other ones ;)

I think it would be a really negative post to nit-pick all these figures any more.

It should suffice to say, I think they could have been done better.

Oh, well. I love the 12" line and don't want people to get the wrong impression.

But here are my reasons:

Luke Skywalker Collector Series -hair's too yellow.
Lando Calrissian Collector Series - doesn't look like Billy.
Luke Bespin Collector Series - hair's too yellow. Articulation lacks.
TIE Fighter Pilot Collector Series - too skinny. The pants don't look right.
Greedo Collector Series - molded gun in his hand? Pastel cloth vest?
Cantina Band Members - No over-jacket, recycled figure. (nice though)
Ponda Baba - possibly categorized wrong. I like Ponda!
Barquin'Dan - recycled figure. Was no Max Rebo band to go with.
Emperor Palpatine - ugly, boring dude. The Electronic was the best!
Royal Guard - wanted red stormtrooper armor underneath.
Sebulba - just plastic. Like the National Geographic poseable lizards.
Anakin Skywalker 6" - boring. Under accessorized. Pilot one was better.
Watto - Just plastic. Could have had more accessories. Good sculpt.
Battle Droid - under articulated. Should've folded up, too.
OOM-9 - ditto
Qui-Gon Tatooine - Should've just included the poncho the 1st time.
JarJar Binks - Nothing special, but accessories would've been nice.
Qui-Gon Jinn - too short. Rooted hair wasn't done well enough.
Episode 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi - beard is too big, doesn't look like him. Cloak?
Slave Leia Action Collection - too visible leg joints. Android, or woman?
Sabe "Ultimate Hair" - Barbie, and where's her blaster gun?
Theed Throne Queen - Barbie's friend.
Padme Handmaiden - Barbie's friend's friend.
Electronic Darth Maul - plastic and very static looking. Doesn't flow.
Biggs Darklighter - doesn't look like him.

Darth Vader Collector Series - too short. Micro-head!
Chewbacca Collector Series - Fur on chicken wire.
Luke Ceremony Collector Series - Ugly paint job. Doesnt' look like him.
Wicket - just plastic. Under accessorized. Rock shooter?
Chewie in Chains - Fur on chicken wire with a plastic chain. OK.
Episode 2 Mace Windu - doesn't look like Samuel. Eyes are uneven.
Chewbacca Action Collection - Looks like tree bark. Not articulate. Not furry!
Han Bespin - really ugly head sculpt. Not Harrison!
Electronic Qui-Gon - half rooted hair, half plastic, really looks bad. Arm?
Electronic JarJar Binks - molded boomer weapon? Molded vest?
Aurra Sing - Barbie's evil twin sister.

And there might be more wrong with a few of these, but I'd rather somebody ask me what I like about the other figures!

The 12" collection is really something! Often the figures at the top of my list are my favorite things I own.

So let's talk about how cool Jango is, or the separable mask on Electronic 14" Vader that reveals Anakin's head! That is what collecting cool stuff is all about!

DeadCanDance
08-15-2002, 12:16 PM
Here's my list:

* 12" Electronic Darth Vader (1998) - Great figure ! He has the lower cloth half-cape, removable helmet, perfect scale - near perfection! The only beef I have with this guy is that most of the lines he says are as a Dying Anakin, instead of as a vicious Darth Vader. Not a big deal, though, since the figure itself is so well-done.

* 12" Electronic Boba Fett - sheer perfection! This guy says all of his lines from ESB, the head is the right size, and the clothing/accessories are just like they were in the film. Incredible.

* 12" Biker Scout (w/or without Speeder Bike) (2000) - this guy ROCKS! Very cool figure from one of the best Imperial outfits. I very much disliked the Ewoks, but the Biker Scouts and the Speeder bike chase scene in ROTJ were fantastic...

* 12" ANH Han Solo (1997) - very cool figure, and the face looks a lot like Harrison Ford. Well-done.

* 12" Boussh (1998) - Though the face doesn't look a lot like Carrie Fisher, the outfit is great, and with the helmet on looks even better. Great Job, Hasbro.

* 12" IG-88 (2001) - I've been waiting for Hasbro to re-make this droid since 1996, since I never got the first one. Great figure, and I like how you can extend the legs - the battle damage is fantastic, too.

* 12" Bossk - great likeness and outfit. I like how he growled at Piett in the film when Piett said, "We don't need their scum" - classic!

* 12" Tusken Raider - another great likeness with the appropriate "dirty" cloth robes, breathing apparatus, and Gaderfii stick - now that the Sandpeople were in EP II in a prominent, though small, role, that makes this figure even more significant...

* 12" Bib Fortuna (1997) - Jabba's aliens were great, and this was one of the best. Very cool figure, down to the robes, likeness, and clawed hands...

* 12" Luke Jedi - probably the best 12" Luke out there; the likeness/hair color were more accurate than any of the other Lukes, and I like the serious expression. The one that came in the two-pack with Bib Fortuna came with the removable Jedi robes, and is better than the one that came boxed individually (with the bone)...

* 12" Episode 1 Mace Windu (2000) - great figure, and great likeness, which proves that Hasbro can do human faces well if they try. I also like the addition of the outer brown Jedi robes. Very cool! Much better than the EP II 12" robeless, Mace Windu with the "constipated" expression.

* 12" Emperor (electronic) - this came in a two-pack with an Imperial Royal Guard - Hasbro did a great job on the face for this guy, and the robes/hands/cane are also a nice touch. All in all, a very movie-accurate figure

* 12" Imperial Royal Guard - this figure is fantastic: cloth robes/force pike - YES! I liked the outfit a lot in ROTJ, and the fact that these guys are also in EP II is even cooler. My only regret is that I didn't get another one, so I could have two.

* 12" Death Star Droid (black) - great figure - when this came out last year I was very pleased, since it's only in one brief scene - I like the chrome black/silver plating - the figure looks very classy

* 6" R5-D4 - another great figure; I liked the obscure robots more than the main ones (C3PO and R2D2) for some reason, and this one looks great, much better than the small R5-D4.

Alright, there are my choices. What do others think?

Exhaust Port
08-15-2002, 10:14 PM
I think this was done just a few weeks ago with the only difference being a top 10 list vs. top 15. Well until this is deleted or merged...

Electronic Vader
Clonetrooper (red and yellow)
Biker Scout
Tie Fighter Pilot
Jango Fett
Deathstar Gunner
Leia in Boush (sp?) disguise
R5-D4
AT-AT pilot
Luke in Pilot gear

...well I could only think of right now. I'm sure it's different than my last list but this is what caught my eye looking at my shelf.

derek
08-17-2002, 10:18 PM

derek
08-17-2002, 10:19 PM
merge

derek
08-17-2002, 10:21 PM
merge and delete my 3 posts tycho.:)

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 11:32 PM
I finally got a second 12" Jango to open a few weeks ago and man is he great. I'm somewhat disappointed with the armor and how it lays on the figure but I found that those little clear rubber bands do a great job of holding it on as well as being invisible. I just need one more to hold on one more leg plate and he'll look smokin'.

There was a thread a couple weeks (or was it months) about the hands and now that I have him in Out of Box I see what the discussion was about. I love these hands with the bendable fingers. It makes any static pose look more real with his hands not so stiff as the molded ones. I hope we see more of these on future 12" figures.

Even with some minor flaws (ie: the above mentioned armor as well as the difficult to secure holster straps) the 12" Jango is a great figure. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

tagmac
08-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Well, I posted my top 10 early in the thread. Here's my bottom 10:

1.) Anakin Pilot - the only one I refused to buy..seemed so unneccesary with the first Anakin already out.
2.) Chewbacca - should have been fur over a hard shell.
3.) Wampa - ditto
4.) Ep. II Obi Wan - no cloak, and doesn't look right.
5.) R2-A6 - nice figure, but too insignificant and unneccesary
6.) Hoth Han - coat should have been corrected to be blue
7.) Tie Pilot - Big head, too small body
8.) Tusken Raider w/stormtrooper rifle - another unneccessary variant
9.) Aurra Sing - could have been a great figure, but too Barbie-ish
10.) Plastic Chewie - a tree with legs, couldn't even hold bowcaster correctly (which also was still not done correctly).

Jayspawn
08-26-2002, 12:43 AM
My favorites would have to be...

1. Ultimate Jango Fett
2. Bikerscout w/ Speederbike
3. Electronic Boba Fett
4. Yoda
5. Mace Windu (EPI)
6. Obi-Wan Kenobi (EPI)
7. Darth Maul
8. Death Star Trooper
9. 100Th Luke Skywalker
10. Sebulba (I think it looks cool!)

asiandoood
08-26-2002, 02:40 AM
out of the ones i have i would have to say:

Ultimate Jango
Darth Vader [sith lord 2 pack]
Darth Maul [sith lord 2 pack]
Electronic Boba Fett

waiting to see if Dooku makes the cut ;)

Tycho
09-01-2002, 12:39 PM
It's time to update my list with over a dozen Episode 2 twelve inch!

THE VERY BEST:

Bikerscout on Speederbike
14" Electronic Darth Vader
Ultimate Bounty Hunter Jango Fett
Han Hoth on TaunTaun
Dewback and Sandtrooper
Boba Fett Electronic

REALLY, REALLY REALLY GOOD:

Count Dooku
Ki-Adi Mundi
Obi-Wan Kenobi Collector Series
Tusken Raider Collector Series
Admiral Ackbar Collector Series
Luke X-wing Collector Series
Luke Hoth and Wampa
Captain Tarpals and Kaadu
Electronic C-3PO (TRU 2-pack)
R2D2 with Tools
Leia Boussh Bounty Hunter Disguise
Bib Fortuna
Slave Leia w. R2D2 Bartender
IG-88
Bossk
Padme Amidala Defense of Naboo
Qui-Gon Jinn Defense of Naboo
Episode One Obi-Wan Kenobi
Episode One Mace Windu
Episode One Boss Nass
Episode Two Anakin Skywalker
C-3PO Removeable Limbs
Leia Ceremony
Amidala Purple Return to Naboo
Amidala Black Travel Gown
Amidala Red Senate Gown
Episode One Electronic C-3PO
Wedge Antilles
14" Vader (non-electronic)
ATAT Driver
Death Star Trooper
Han Stormtrooper (2-pack)
Luke Stormtrooper (2-pack)
Luke Endor Speederbike
Yoda from Dagobah Training
Luke from Dagobah Training
Darth Maul and Sith Speeder
Luke 100th Anniversary Figure

FIGURES THAT ARE OK; HAPPY TO COLLECT:

Zam Wessel
Han Solo Collector Series
C-3PO Collector Series
Boba Fett Collector Series
Princess Leia Collector Series
Stormtrooper Collector Series
Sandtrooper Collector Series
Grand Moff Tarkin Collector Series
Snowtrooper Collector Series
R5D4
R2D2
R2D2 Electronic (TRU 2-pack)
Death Star Droid
Luke Jedi (FAO 2-pack)
4-LOM
Luke Jedi Action Collection
Electronic Emperor Palpatine
Death Star Gunner
Anakin Skywalker Pilot
Pit Droid 2-pack
Darth Maul
CloneTrooper
Clone Commander
Clone Captain
Han Endor
Leia Hoth
Darth Maul split in half
Luke Stormtrooper
Han Stormtrooper
Obi-Wan Lightsaber Training (Falcon)
Anakin Skywalker 13" Spirit (Chronicle Books)
Yoda
R2A6
TC-14

Super Battle Droid
Greedo Collector Series
Cantina Band Members
Ponda Baba
Barquin'Dan
Emperor Palpatine
Royal Guard
Sebulba
Anakin Skywalker 6"
Watto
Battle Droid
OOM-9
Qui-Gon Tatooine
JarJar Binks
Qui-Gon Jinn
Episode 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sabe "Ultimate Hair"
Theed Throne Queen
Padme Handmaiden
Electronic Darth Maul
Biggs Darklighter

Wicket
Chewie in Chains
Episode 2 Mace Windu
Han Bespin
Electronic Qui-Gon
Electronic JarJar Binks
Aurra Sing [/B][/QUOTE]

HoyaLawya
09-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Hi this is my first post. I starting collecting about a year ago and have about 45 12" figures at home (all but one were never removed from the box).

Here is my favorite list

1. Chancellor Valorum and Guard.
2. Luke vs. Wampa.
3. Darth Maul with Sith Speeder.
4. Sandtrooper with orange shoulder pad.
5. All 3 Queen Amidala portriat edition.
6. Leia and R2 as Jabba prisonners.
7. Ki-Adi-Mundi.
8. Tarkin and Gunner 2 pack.
9. Ep1 Mace Windu.
10. Boss Nass.

My regret list

1. Wicket.
2. Watto.
3. Electronic Emperor and Guard.
4. Anakin Materpiece Edition.
5. Leia Portriat Edition.
6. Ep II Mace Windu.

Thanks

mini-rock
09-05-2002, 06:35 PM
My top 5

1) Ultimate Jango Fett

2) Count Dooku

3) Ki Adi Mundi

4) Mace Windu - EPII (I bet I'm the only one.)

5) Electronic Darth Vader

Jango Jett
09-06-2002, 05:59 PM
1. ULTIMATE JANGO FETT
2. COUNT DOOKU
3. YODA from the WALMART exclusive with Luke 1/6th scale
4. SUPER BATTLE DROID [looks nice just standing straight]
5. ZAM WESSEL

:Pirate: