PDA

View Full Version : Figure & Vehicle rumours

dukes
09-29-2001, 04:31 AM
I had heard that Hasbro were looking to produce an Imperial Shuttle with 2 exclusive figures. Personally I don't think this is true as the cost would be too high and Episode 2 is near.
Also I hope they don't as I bought a loose vintage one for around $150.
Does anyone else know of any speculated figures being released?

evenflow
09-29-2001, 07:26 AM
I heard about 12 inch scale Jabba the Huttand Bantha. It would be really cool, but I doubt it. I also heard about a Twin Pod cloud car exclusive with pilots for Target.

Eternal Padawan
09-29-2001, 09:54 AM
I heard a rumor that Hasbro screws over collectors by releasing "Exclusives" to various stores like Target and TRU who don't order enough product and then people can't find Skiffs, and Y-Wings, and TIE Interceptors...oh wait, that's not a rumor....

I guess I'll add Cloud Car to the list of vehicles I'll only see in pictures on-line...:mad:

Starfig873
09-29-2001, 10:25 AM
A 12" Jabba would so friggin cool! BUT not before a 3 inch scale one.

I've also heard about the "rumored" Imperial Shuttle. I suppose we will have to wait till next year before Hasbro is willin' to talk about anything except the rest of 2001.

Jargo
09-29-2001, 03:21 PM
At the conventions this year in the Q&A sessions the subject was brought up and Hasbro representatives muttered something like there's always stuff in talks at hasbro and the shuttle and Jabba's sail barge come up, but they were waiting for the returns info on the current crop of vehicles in order to gauge how they were recieved by fans and retailers.
It's understandable that after the fiasco of ep1 that most folk will think twice about stocking such a huge potential turkey as the shuttle. with the expected price point being so high it would have to be an exclusive and would therefore be made in limited stock quantities. This would mean it would be hard to obtain for most fans and therefore cause supply and demand problems.
But, with the returns on these current vehicles looking quite healthy, it could foster a better feeling among retailers about stocking star wars product as they see the sales improving due to the demand for POTJ and with the ep2 stuff which will be released more conservatively than the ep1 stuff. Hopefully the market will even out and allow Hasbro the freedom to risk a large vehicle release sometime in the near future.
As the molds are already around for the shuttle it is a fair bet that this will be the vehicle released in large scale but a sail barge would seem to be in their minds with the release imminent of the deluxe Leia with sail barge cannon. A precursor of things to come perhaps?

A good place to look for rumoured vehicles is the german site 4inches.de they seem to have a mole who gets them info that at the time may seem ludicrous, but quite often turns out to be quite true. They posted stuff about BoShek and Teebo and R5-D4 that was only confirmed just recently but was on their site quite some time ago. Food for thought... food for thought...

humsup
09-29-2001, 08:58 PM
I felt that its perfectly possible that the Imperial Shuttle will come out again. Hasbro will just use the vintage mold and do some touching up and fine tuning the laser cannon muzzle's shape a little and voila!! you have a POTJ Shuttle incorporating some new decals. That's what they do with the just release Tie Interceptor.

GNT
09-29-2001, 11:47 PM
The Twin Pod cloud car was only a romour! Most things are these days :)

Tycho
09-30-2001, 01:00 PM
DUKES:

First off, I bought my vintage Imperial Shuttle for $175, so I'm there with you in the dollars we've invested in that ship.

I never had this ship as a kid, and I was stoked to pick one up in nearly mint condition (everything works, just a rear cannon or engine / sensor array part is missing, and the ship is all white still). I did remember seeing it SIT in the store when I was a kid - man I loved that huge box! But "Mom said 'NO!'" and I always went home from Toys R Us without it.

I am currently NOT re-purchasing ships that I have perfectly good vintage samples from, as I do dioramas and the hobby is expensive enough for me, that I like to get new things I never had before. HOWEVER, I would totally buy another Imperial Shuttle were they to come out with one again. My vintage treasure is "landed" in a gigantic display case that houses my Death Star playsets and forms the "Imperial headquarters" of my collection if you will. A new shuttle, at AT LEAST $75 dollars less than my first one, would be awesome to hang from the ceiling with Han Solo (CommTech) and Chewie (Dejarik Champion - and arms behind his head) "just flying it casually" - those majestic wings open and spread out to show off the ship in flight.

RE-RELEASE THE SHUTTLE, HASBRO.

As to the Sailbarge: it is an even better idea, as it was never made before, and if scaled decently (of course not 1:1 with the figures or it'd cost 300 bucks), but decently enough to fit at least all the appropriate characters on board, it is an awesome way to display many of the best sculpted and original figures in our collection!

Lobito
10-01-2001, 03:54 PM
Im up for the Imperial Shuttle, i missed the vintage version so i would like to see a new one...

I have the vintage M.Falcon, and i did buy the POTF2 version, while the mold is exacyly the same, the lights and sounds, stickers and painting of the new Falcon, makes it a very tentative offer for u to consider, the only thing that the new Falcon missed is the remote...

Anyway, lets hope they make the Shuttle and the S. Barge.

jedicecil
10-05-2001, 12:41 AM
What about a new crashed-X-Wing exclusive, like the Snowspeeder except on Dagobah. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned as future possiblity on some website. I'd buy two if it's as well done as the Snowspeeder looks, esp. since to this day, I have never owned an X-Wing except the awesome Lego version. Anybody hear about this?

The Imperial Shuttle is a safe bet because Hasbro already has the mold. It's just a matter of time. The question is, will it include Imperial figures (i.e. pilot/emperor/guard) or Rebel figures (i.e. Han Endor/Chewie,etc...)? Which would you prefer?

Ditto on the Cloud Car, the mold already exists so an update is inevitable. But I can wait for an updated Cloud Car Pilot, ugh.

JediCole
10-05-2001, 10:35 AM
I actually bought the Shuttle when it came out in the 80s, had it for a couple of years and it wound up being the only part of my original, vintage collection that was lost in a fire. Ironically it was destroyed by firemen entering the apartment I was moving out of to fight the blaze, it was on the floor in the doorway between rooms, I was moving after all. About a year later I bought one at a garage sale for $20.00 and it remains to this day in my collection. I recently helped someone in Scotland complete his vintage Shuttle by selling him the guns I salvaged from my trashed one years ago.
So, due to high prices on the original (and the difficulty in finding a complete one in this day and age), I think that Hasbro should re-release this ship. Unlike the Queen's Royal Starship, the pricepoint would be outweighed by demand. I don't want one (apart from any exclusive figures included) but there is no doubt that it would sell very well.
Hopefully a Sail Barge is in the works, especially since I predict that due to size constraints it will not be too much longer than the Skiff, prompting ample threads of complaint on SSG!