PDA

View Full Version : Force Effects Who Likes Em?

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 09:31 AM
Who here actually like the force and blast effects on the new figures?
I don't, well on most of them, I don't mind the little blasts that come with Boba Fett, Captain Typho and Djas Puhr, the ones on the Battle droid are a little bit too big for my liking and the lightning running down his leg and arm are awfull. I love the new lightsaber blades, they just give it that bit more of a burning effect, the blasts that go on the end however I dont like, Shaak Ti's is O.K but would have been better without it, but the ones on Luminara and Qui-Gon are a bit much, they branch off in too many directions. The Super Battle Droid's chest blast looks awful, it just doesn't look like it's supposed to be a blast. Out of the jedi, Yoda's lightening is too floppy and looks silly anyway, with Nikto, it's either one or the other with his lightsaber and that thing that looks like it's designed to hypnotise, no contest I chose lightsaber. Plo Koon looks like he's about to stab someone with a broken bottle and Seasee Tiin looks like he's holding a large flower that's started to melt, The electric effect on the Geonosians staff isn't too bad but would look better without. But the two I absolutly detest are Dexter Jettsters cleaver, no need to have electric on that, it looks like he was about to cut a Goober fish's head of, missed and hit a wire running across the table, and Jar Jar Bink's staff, for a start there is absoloutly no need for this figure to come with any accesories, let alone a weapon, but why does it have to have electric running down it, he was not even in the film much, and was not once seen doing anything remotly battle related, silly!

What are your thoughts?

Blast effects, love 'em or loath 'em?

DarthBrandon
06-22-2002, 09:42 AM
Is that what those little things were for ? I thought they were just pieces of junk that got mixed up in the figures bubble. Just Kidding LOL. I agree with what you said.

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I like:
Plo's Force Effect - It's more simplistic, and doesn't take up the whole figure, which is a plus, and I've also found a couple alternate uses for it.
The "lightning" effects - cause I might find some Jedi use for them
Preview Jango's/Boba's/Endor Soldier's/Djas Puhr's blast effects - because they're smaller and use the same mold and look alot more realisticly sized for hand weapons
Battle Droid's blast effect - if you put it on the ground around Jedi or Clones, it looks like a real battle ground.

I really dislike:
Saesee's force effect - just doesn't quite look right...
Nitko Jedi's force effect - the peg for the effect, and the lightsaber blade are too long to securely go into his hilt, plus I couldn't even find a hole on the force effect, so I left it in the package)
Typho's blast effect - I might've liked it since it was green if it wasn't longer than his blaster
Preview Zam's blast effect - too big for her skinny rifle

QLD
06-22-2002, 01:52 PM
I don't like them at all. I also don't like flimsy weapons.

TIE Pilot
06-22-2002, 02:12 PM
The little blast effects that go on the end of some of the blasters are okay. Although most of the flimsy weapons can't handle them and bend when you have them on for any length of time.

I also like the little "blast deflection" effect that clips on to the lightsabers.

But I don't care for the "force effects" at all. However, Saesee Tinn's looks like a plume of fire. I've modified it a bit so that my Jango Fett (Kamino Esc) can use it. It looks pretty good! But I can't figure out a use for any of the others.

WesleySr
06-22-2002, 02:33 PM
I agree with you Quite-Long Dong, the weapons are entirely too flimsy. I picked up an Endor Rebel Soldier last night and opened him up and set him out with the blast effect on the rifle. When I looked at him earlier the rifle was sagging. The worst one was Zam Wessell preview. I do like most of the effects, but they need to go back to the hard plastic weapon.

fourtwo
06-22-2002, 03:27 PM
they're cool. not like you absolutley have to use the things.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-22-2002, 04:03 PM
They look cool if you put a lot of blast effects and force lightnings on one figure.

fourtwo
06-22-2002, 04:53 PM
the effect from the royal guard looks great on dooku's hand :)

Yoda'sMaster
06-22-2002, 07:10 PM
the force lightening ones are all i care about the wrest can go

Mike Troxell
06-22-2002, 07:21 PM
I like everything except the "Force effects" on Saesee, Plo, and Nikto. Even the lasers and lightning (no matter whether they are used by that particular character in the movie) seem to belong in the Star Wars universe. Leave the ejection of these never-screen-used "Force Effects" away from the toys.

Not that I mind if they put them in, I just don't use them.

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 07:34 PM
I think Shaak Ti's blaster bolt ricochet isn't bad, Luminara's isn't very exciting though.

Anyone else notice that there are only 2 different ricochet effects, both first introduced on female Jedi figs, then reused for male Jedi figs? Ki-Adi will have Shaak Ti's, and Qui-Gon has Luminara's. :D

hango fett
06-22-2002, 07:45 PM
i don't mind the force stuff....it's just that they need to make the lightsaber blades ALOT more sturdy.

chubbychicken
06-22-2002, 10:26 PM
i dont mind the blast effects on the sneak preview jango fett n i dont mind the blast deflections on the lightsabers but the rest dont look too great.....esspecially that dexter jettster one....since wen do butcher knives have electricity shooting outta them???

Obi-Don
06-23-2002, 05:35 AM
I can do with out most myself to. I really don't care for the force effects at all. I do like the lightsaber ones though and the ones for the blasters. Some are to big,but I just don't use those.

saladin
06-23-2002, 05:45 PM
i only like the blast deflections the rest are crap.

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 09:50 AM
They're ALL crap. The blaster bolts make the figures look like they are firing simultaneously. Since all of the figures weren't packed with them or have the ability to use the (Luke)... they seem pretty stupid and inconsistent. The deflections- great idea, but look lame and bend the saber pegs. The Force Effects look like some "Zan and Jana" Superfriends "Form of WATER!" thing or some wacky umbrella.

El Chuxter
06-24-2002, 01:57 PM
I discovered that Jar Jar's bolt (which is useless on his staff) fits rather nicely around a lightsaber. :rolleyes:

thespar
06-28-2002, 01:08 PM
I do not care i keep all my figures on their cards. So keep the trash them make no never mine to me.