PDA

View Full Version : qui-gon spirit



odi-wan windu
06-22-2002, 01:38 PM
do you think that qui-gon jinn should return as a jedi spirit?

MikeAndTheBots
06-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by odi-wan windu
do you think that qui-gon jinn should return as a jedi spirit?
No, the spirits that Luke sees all had a direct impact on him. He never even heard of Qui-Gon.

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 02:05 PM
Lucas would have to digitally move marks head to the side for the scene and put a confused look on him.

Darth Shifty
06-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Supposedly Liam Neeson does have a small part in Episode III. I don't see how he can have a part, other than being a jedi spirit. Lucas has even mentioned that the whole jedi spirit incarnation issue will be addressed in the last film.

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 02:32 PM
He plays the main ashes in the Jedi Council's ashtray. ;)

odi-wan windu
06-22-2002, 07:08 PM
maybe he'll run in front of the camera for a second and scream jibberish. :crazed:

starwars92570
06-22-2002, 07:18 PM
he should appear but maybe says to Obi Wan after Luke and Leia are born don't tell the boy about me, tell him that Yoda was his master and so Qui Gon losses his force abilities like Obi Wan did in the comics.

saladin
06-23-2002, 06:44 PM
no he is dead and i think he should stay dead, and come as a spirit

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 05:42 PM
Neeson has disclosed himself that he is cast for EPS3.

sith_killer_99
06-25-2002, 08:51 PM
He could always come back as a holo recording.;)

That is to say, since most Jedi made records of themselves in the form of a Jedi Holocron (sp?). He could just be seen in the form of a holo recording for EPIII.

Just a thought.

ChemOx
06-29-2002, 12:09 AM
I think there has to be precedent to the Jedi Spirit......not all of a sudden in ANH.....BAM!! Jedi's can transcend space and time and become with the force and interact with real people. Of course, Qui-Gon never "disappeared", but he was given a Jedi Funeral....so who knows. I think it would be kind of cool.

Darth Spectre
07-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Qui-Gon is supposedf to be in Ep III as a spirit. I think the bigger question is who he appears before...Anakin or Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan would make sense because he was with Qui-Gon when he died, continuing the "bonding" idea we have seen between Luke & Obi-Wan, and Luke & Yoda. But since Qui-Gon calls out to Anakin in Ep II... it is really up in the air who Qui_Gon will speak to. Maybe both...maybe Yoda as well since he heard Qui-Gon's calling to Anakin as well.

Nebulaz
07-03-2002, 05:03 AM
I would actually like to see Qui-Gon's return in EP3, seeing how it think he's awesome in all the prequel to 1 books , i liked to see him one last time, giving advice on the big screen. :D

DarthBatman
07-06-2002, 12:10 AM
I think it'd be cool to see Liam again.

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 12:43 AM
I wanna see K-19 with him and harrison ford - its like a star wars reunion.

DarthSetnom
07-08-2002, 02:02 AM
I think he will return as a ghost... to give some advice to Obi-Wan and maybe encourage him to find and try to destroy Anakin. The guy is no good and he now realizes training him was a huge mistake, so Darth Vader (formerly known as Anakin Skywalker) must be destroyed.

Sort of what happened when Ben came to visit Luke in ROTJ.

Nebulaz
07-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Yea but does Qui-gon tell him to destroy Anakin? or does he make Obi-Wan try to persuade him back to the light side??? The Questions!

Rogue II
07-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by ChemOx
I think there has to be precedent to the Jedi Spirit......not all of a sudden in ANH.....BAM!! Jedi's can transcend space and time and become with the force and interact with real people. Of course, Qui-Gon never "disappeared", but he was given a Jedi Funeral....so who knows. I think it would be kind of cool.

Anakin/Vader didn't dissappear after he died, but, Luke did give him a Jedi Funeral and Anakin did appear as a spirit.

I thought Liam said that he would be part of Episode 3. We heard Qui-Gon's voice in ATOC, so the next step would be to see his spirit.

If Lucas follows his pattern from the first trilogy, Luke heard Obi-Wan's voice in ANH, and saw the spirit in ESB and ROTJ. I guess the big question is, will he appear to Obi-Wan or Anakin?

If he appears to Obi-Wan, it would be to provide some sort of useful information to what is going on with the Dark Side.

If he appears to Anakin, it would be to presuade him from going to the Dark Side.

Who knows, he could appear to Yoda. Its George Lucas' world.



Either way....I ain't afraid of no ghosts.:crazed:

Jedi Clint
07-08-2002, 06:36 PM
I would guess that he appears (briefly) to Yoda. At least to verify that one can indeed keep their identity in the force after death. If it were to go any further, I think he will warn Yoda to hide the children.....once again very brief.

evenflow
07-08-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
Supposedly Liam Neeson does have a small part in Episode III. I don't see how he can have a part, other than being a jedi spirit. Lucas has even mentioned that the whole jedi spirit incarnation issue will be addressed in the last film.

I hope that he returns in spirit form. It owuld just make sense. We are all dieing to know how and why some Jedi disappear and reappear and others don't. It would be nice to finally understand.

Imperial Monarche
07-09-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Darth Spectre
Qui-Gon is supposedf to be in Ep III as a spirit. I think the bigger question is who he appears before...Anakin or Obi-Wan? Obi-Wan would make sense because he was with Qui-Gon when he died, continuing the "bonding" idea we have seen between Luke & Obi-Wan, and Luke & Yoda. But since Qui-Gon calls out to Anakin in Ep II... it is really up in the air who Qui_Gon will speak to. Maybe both...maybe Yoda as well since he heard Qui-Gon's calling to Anakin as well.

what about appearing in front of Count Dooku? afterall, Dooku was Qui-Gon's master and he could appear before him to try and talk some sense in him before the Jedi Purge.

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 01:07 AM
Rogue... We never saw Anakin in the funeral pire, we only saw the suit. It was once said in the Official Site that Anakin did disappear only it was not shown in the movie, I think.

And I still think he'll play pretty much the same part as Ben's spirit in ROTJ. "Go and save everyone by destroying him, don't be a wuss"

Nebulaz
07-09-2002, 03:02 AM
I think it would fit Qui-Gon well showing that he is a Jedi of the living force, if he told them to hide the kids.

Rogue II
07-09-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Imperial Monarche


what about appearing in front of Count Dooku? afterall, Dooku was Qui-Gon's master and he could appear before him to try and talk some sense in him before the Jedi Purge.

He could appear to Count Dooku in some way if you believe his double agent story. But, I'm not convinced about the Jedi Purge. It really depends on how the whole thing happens. Since there can only be 2 Sith, there is a lot of speculation that Palpy will use that "take his place by my side" line on Anakin to get rid of Dooku. From ANH, we know ole Ben's story on how Vader kills Anakin and hunts down the Jedi.

sunblind
07-09-2002, 02:26 PM
You know I wasnt a fan that much of Qui-gon from ep1 ':sur:' but now that ep2 has been and gone and with everything that has been said. i miss qui-gon. ':(' I hope he's in ep3. I think most people will feel the same. ':crazed:'

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 02:31 PM
He will be in Ep3. I'm certain of it.

evenflow
07-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II


He could appear to Count Dooku in some way if you believe his double agent story. But, I'm not convinced about the Jedi Purge. It really depends on how the whole thing happens. Since there can only be 2 Sith, there is a lot of speculation that Palpy will use that "take his place by my side" line on Anakin to get rid of Dooku. From ANH, we know ole Ben's story on how Vader kills Anakin and hunts down the Jedi.

It would be very interesting if he appeared to Dooku. We keep hearing how Qui-Gon was a rebel in the order. Maybe more info would be given to us.

As for Obi-Wan's point of view fromt he original trilogy, it's all "from a certain point of view." Just because he said something some way, it doesnt mean that is actually what happened.

Toad
07-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Hopefully he'll appear quickly as a spirit. Or else, as someone above pointed out, the whole "spirit" thing in ANH is pretty inconsistent. We need a way to connect the two, and obviously the groundwork has been laid since Qui-Gonn is heard in Ep. II.

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 12:17 AM
inconsistent it is. How do we distinguish who can come back into this world as a spirit and who cant? Does the way one leave their life not matter? Because both Vader and Qui-Gon were burned, and Yoda and Obi-wan disappeared. But Vader, yoda and obi came back so does that qui-gon open to coming back too?

Toad
07-11-2002, 08:13 AM
I of course only have presumptions, and no one has any facts about any of this stuff, but I presume that any dead Jedi can "appear" as a spirit -- in both sight and sound -- to his padawan or whoever he had a close bond with. Something like that. Of course, that has a giant hole: "why, then, don't we get to see Mace Windu in the OT?" Well, number one because he didn't exist. ;) Number two, probably because Mace Windu didn't have an impact on Skywalker, etc.

It obviously cannot be: if you see a Jedi die, he can appear to you. We know this because Anakin and Yoda hear Qui-Gonn in Ep.II.

I can't wait to find out the reasoning. I do know, however, that if we are left to "imagine" the whole scenario -- that's pretty weak. It's a huge part of Star Wars fantasy, to me, and I hope that at least is explained.

Darth Sidious
07-13-2002, 08:44 PM
Maybe he doesnt appear as Qui Gon at all! Seriously, maybe he plays a background alien or human or something. Like Ahmed Best with Achk Med-Beq. I think it is a possibility...Although he'll probably be a Jedi spirit.