PDA

View Full Version : lightsaber/ blaster colors

MFH
06-22-2002, 04:29 PM
This is kinda funny...

All bad guys so far have had red lightsabers. Green, next to blue, is the most common color of a good guy lightsaber. Red is bad, green is good.

So...

Why do all good guy ships fire red blasters, and bad guy ships fire green ones? The only Imperial vehicles I recall shooting red are AT-ATs and AT-STs. I don't remember any rebel ships or vehicles firing green.

There is obvious symbolism with the lightsaber colors. I think it is odd that the ship blaster colors are the exact opposite.

Jek Porky 2002
06-22-2002, 04:46 PM
I completely agree, I've never noticed before because I've always just asumed that it was symbolic. Good point!

LTBasker
06-22-2002, 05:13 PM
Red Saber - Darth Vader - AWESOME dude.
Green Saber - Luke - Whiney Farmboy Jedi.
Red blaster cannons - X-wing - AWESOME ship.
Green blaster cannons - TIE Fighter - Whiney.

TIE Pilot
06-22-2002, 11:05 PM
And don't forget starship exhausts.

X-wings, Y-wings & B-wings have red exhausts where as star destroyers have blue.

Then again, most (all?) rebel capital ships have blue exhausts as well.

I guess it means..

Small ships - red exhausts
Big ships - blue exhausts

No, wait.. The Executor had red exhausts and it was a ~huge~ ship. Hmm.. maybe the colors mean nothing after all :)

DeadEye
06-23-2002, 12:53 PM
Don't forget, the TIE fighter's twin ion engines are two red dots on the back of the ship.

TIE Pilot
06-23-2002, 02:41 PM
Don't forget, the TIE fighter's twin ion engines are two red dots on the back of the ship.

Ah, that's right! They're so small, that they're easily overlooked.

darthvyn
06-23-2002, 03:22 PM
except that the naboo fighters have green blasters. (okay, this is WAY eu, but in the game rougue squadron...) i think that the green ones are more powerful than the red ones. the green ones also fire faster (naboo and tie blasters fire at about the same rate...) that's why the rebels have wimpy red ones, they can't afford the better green ones... i bet if we ever see the jedi starfighter fire, it will be green. remember, that ship is part of what will become the empire.

as for the exhaust, the super star destroyer has red engine exhaust as well... so there goes that theory...

MFH
06-23-2002, 04:27 PM
The ship blaster colors probably don't mean anything. I just thought it was interesting that they are exact opposite of lightsaber colors, which ARE symbolic of good and evil. At least until we see a Jedi with a red one, or a Sith/ Dark Jedi with anything but. And EU and videogames don't count.

MFH
06-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Darthvyn-

This is the Classic Trilogy forum. No Naboo fighters.

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 08:17 PM
In TPM, IIRC, the Droid Fighters has red blaster cannons, and the Naboo Fighters had green.

But then again the Naboo Fighters in TPM seemed mostly to be just for show as the X-wing of the prequels but with the eye-catchingness of Vader's TIE while the Droid Fighters were pretty cool.

chewie
06-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Well, the Old Republic was taken over by the Empire. So they may have stuck with the "good" colored green lasers since it was originally a good government.

Though the clones in AOTC were firing blue blasters......

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by chewie
Well, the Old Republic was taken over by the Empire. So they may have stuck with the "good" colored green lasers since it was originally a good government.

Though the clones in AOTC were firing blue blasters......

But those were made on a water planet. ;)

darthvyn
06-24-2002, 10:37 AM
chewie-

this is the classic trilogy forum. no old republic or clones...

Darkross
06-24-2002, 11:04 AM
People...people...the answer is simple!

The reason for the differing colours in lightsabers and blasters is so you (the audience) can tell who's weapon is who's. The lightsaber battles would be harder to follow if there was only one colour used...same goes for blaster fire. As far as green or red being more powerful or good or bad is irrelevant. The ONLY reason different colours are used are to make it easier for the audience to follow.

Red Lightsaber - Generally associated with Sith
Green Lightsaber - Generally associated with a Jedi Master
Blue / Purple Lightsaber - Generally associated with Jedi Knights

The only reason that Luke was using a green lightsaber in ROTJ was because a blue lightsaber didn't film as well against the sandy background of Tatooine. In the original script, Luke had a blue lightsaber.

Nuff said...

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 11:17 AM
I'm sure it would've been REALLY fun to put Anakin with two blue or two green sabers in E2 during the Hangar Duel. :D

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Red Saber - Darth Vader - AWESOME dude.
Green Saber - Luke - Whiney Farmboy Jedi.
Red blaster cannons - X-wing - AWESOME ship.
Green blaster cannons - TIE Fighter - Whiney.
Yes but when he has the green lightsaber he is not so whiney and the blue that his father had with him was not so weak either.

darthvyn
06-24-2002, 06:02 PM
LTBasker-

this is the classic trilogy forum. no hangar duel.

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 08:50 PM
Well there was Obi-Wan's and Vader's duel, that was just outside a hangar. ;)

darthvyn
06-25-2002, 11:47 AM
bah! foiled again... i'll get you next time, gadget.

DarthBatman
07-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Yes, but in Episode 1 the Naboo fighters had green lasers, and they were good. How does this affect your theory?