PDA

View Full Version : How would you reference AOTC?

scruffziller
06-22-2002, 04:59 PM
We can reference the OT as follows:

ANH=SETUP/Introduction
ESB=STRUGGLE/CONFLICT
ROTJ=RESOLVE

with the new trilogy
It is
TPM=SETUP/Intro
AOTC=?
EPS3=STRUGGLE/CONFLICT

I am at a loss.:confused: The way the NT is going is completely different than the OT. The OT functions almost as one story.

THE Slayer
06-22-2002, 08:06 PM
Maybe, Internal conflict?
I'm not sure, It's just as much a starting point as TPM, It just starts something else.

DeadEye
06-22-2002, 09:19 PM
I would say,

"The Plot Thickens"

MikeAndTheBots
06-22-2002, 11:32 PM
i would have it like this:
TPM: introduction
AOTC: re-introduction
e3: Conflict
ANH: a new conflict
ESB: conflict gets thicker
ROTJ: Conclusion

Jedi Clint
06-23-2002, 12:04 AM
Both trilogies appear to stick to the:
Act 1 Set up
Act 2 Conflict
Act 3 Resolution
Pattern in regards to the perspective of the main characters. However, the saga as a 6 part whole has the same pattern running through all six parts.

So basically:

TPM - Setup/Setup
AOTC - Conflict/Setup
E3 - Resolution/Conflict

ANH - Setup/Conflict
ESB - Conflict/Resolution
ROTJ - Resolution/Resolution

The Skywalker saga is told in 2 parts, and the struggle between good and evil in the galaxy spans the entire saga.

2-1B
06-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Yes, I agree that Episode III will have plenty of resolution. It may not be happy, but it's a resolution nonetheless. :)

pthfnder89
06-24-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Both trilogies appear to stick to the:
Act 1 Set up
Act 2 Conflict
Act 3 Resolution
Pattern in regards to the perspective of the main characters. However, the saga as a 6 part whole has the same pattern running through all six parts.

Yeah, I would have to agree. AOTC has a struggle itself, and Ep3 will have a resolution/ending one way or the other. Obviously we KNOW what the resolution generally will be and we know that the larger story will go on, but that doesn't mean it won't be an ending to the original story.

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 10:29 AM
ANH - THE set up
ESB - The mind-blower
ROTJ - The one who brought complete balance to the OT

TPM - The dumbfounder
AOTC - The eye-opener
E3 - CLASSIFIED. (:D)

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
i would have it like this:
TPM: introduction
AOTC: re-introduction
e3: Conflict
ANH: a new conflict
ESB: conflict gets thicker
ROTJ: Conclusion
Yea I would have to agree with that. AOTC is almost a "reintrduction" but I can almost see it following the OT format now where EPS 3 is a resolve and AOTC is a conflict as well. Even though EPS 3 will be very dark it is still a resolve of what is happening throughout this trilogy.

DeadEye
06-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Mind-blower?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2002, 02:17 PM
A New Hope = The Phantom Menace (article adjective noun, article adjective noun) :)

The Empire Strikes Back = Attack of the Clones (article noun verb adverb, noun preposition article noun) :eek:

Return of the Jedi = Episode III Untitled Now (noun preposition article noun, noun adjective verb adverb) :eek:

See? Only E1 fit the same pattern as the Classic Trilogy. (Never ask a question to someone who has magical powers... :happy: :p)

Lobito
07-04-2002, 06:21 PM
As Yoda said...this was not a victory for the Republic...AOTC reminded me of ESB a lot...i never expected to see Anakin and Ob1 get their butt kicked so badly!!

Still i liked the movie a lot. Just like all SW movies!!!!!!

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Same here. They're all 5-star films...it's only when you compare them to each other that any of them are bad.

Obi-Don
07-04-2002, 10:56 PM
Its hard to put this into an order due to the fact it is incomplete and was done out of order. I will wait until EPIII and then put them into a order mostly as one complete story that I will love until I'm gone.

jjreason
07-06-2002, 02:06 AM
TPM - "BEGINNINGS" (of Ani, 3po, ani and padme, ani and jedi order)
AOTC - "CRESCENDO" (or rise before a fall - of Ani's abilities, Ani's anger, the influence of the dark side of the force)
EP3 - "FALL" (Ani's fall from grace, the wellbeing of the force falls into disarray, the fall of the jedi order)
ANH - "LIFE" (signs of life, anyway - for the jedi order, for the force to brought back into balance)
ESB - "THREAT" (to the new sign of life - Luke being tempted by the dark side, the revelation that Vader is his father threatens his ability to continue on his quest to overthrow the empire)
ROTJ - "BALANCE" (brought about ultimately by the ultimate movie villain, and arguably the greatest movie hero, of all time Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader).

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
ANH - THE set up
ESB - The mind-blower
ROTJ - The one who brought complete balance to the OT

TPM - The dumbfounder
AOTC - The eye-opener
E3 - CLASSIFIED. (:D)

his way works best.