PDA

View Full Version : Make the Ultimate 15" Chewbacca Please!

Tycho
06-22-2002, 10:10 PM
But why not sew the fur into a skin-tight nylon suit, or spandex suit, which is then put on over the fully poseable hardshell body? With his head, they should root it like barbie hair and do the whole thing right.

In the end, "The Ultimate Chewbacca" would be a $50-70 piece for one figure, but I'd guess a lot of us here would say it'd be worth it. - Oh, and packed in with him would be the original removeable cartridge bandolier and bowcaster, plus the stormtrooper rifle and a "projectile firing" stormtrooper gun, his chain from Jabba's Palace, a couple of his Millennium Falcon tool kits, his goggles, some Dejerek pieces and a chess table and stool you put together, and handcuffs from Cloud City.

Check that: I'd pay $100.00 for this!

Rrraarrrarggh-wrryyyooook-araarggghrraarrrr!

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 05:50 PM
That is a great idea! Hasbro has yet to do a good job on the 12" scale Chewie. (Whoever thought it would be fine to make him the same height as Luke should be shot.) I would happily pay above the standard amount of 12"ers for a well-made version of him.

JediTricks
06-25-2002, 12:44 AM
I'd happily sacrifice fur for better articulation and accuracy, but we need a GREAT 12"-scale Chewbacca no matter what.

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 01:13 AM
That's a great idea!

I think he should come with a Ceremonial medal also since he was jipped out of one in the movie. :D

He should also come with his Oxygen mask from when they were inside the Space Worm and a Mynok to "wrestle" with, or just the mask.

JediCole
07-16-2002, 01:08 AM
I would have to agree with the sentiment of sacrificing fur for accuracy and a decent sculpt. And lets have a Chewie tha is not "battle ready" for once. Peter Mayhew himself has often remarked that the vintage 12" version was the only good one to date. Why? Because Chewbacca is not depicted screaming like some Episode II Mace Windu (in both toys and sculpture)!

Give us the calm, friendly Chewbacca we all know and love. And Amen! on the accessories!