PDA

View Full Version : Figures are $4.79 at Target?!?!?

SuperBattleDroid88
06-22-2002, 09:25 PM
I went to my Target the other day (nothing new but a couple of Jango FB and Mace Windu GR) and I saw a sign that said the figures are at a NEW lower price... $4.79!!! I thought the price was supposed to go up not down! I was pretty surprised by that! Maybe everyone else will get this price change! Have any of you seen this at your local Target?

Yoda'sMaster
06-22-2002, 09:28 PM
na the guy even said it was a mistake in the add that they wouldnt go up, so.... more figures for us

Mandalorian Candidat
06-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Target, and other retailers for that matter, should be lowering the prices on all their figures if they want them to sell at all.

RAVAZ
06-22-2002, 09:58 PM
Man I got gyped! I bought a fig today at Target of $4.99! I want my freakin 20 cents back!

Beast
06-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by RAVAZ
Man I got gyped! I bought a fig today at Target of $4.99! I want my freakin 20 cents back!
From what I read at another site, Collection 1 figures are $4.79 and Collection 2 figures are $4.99. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jaina Solo
06-22-2002, 11:48 PM
Guess we shouldn't complain, but that's awfully sneaky of them. Two different prices for Collection 1 and Collection 2. Veeery sneaky.

The Deluxe figures are marked down to $7.99, but I'm not sure if this includes the newer stuff like Nexu and Anakin, or just the Force-Flipping (aka "lands in the 'help, I've fallen and I can't get up' pose") Obi-Wans and Dookus and such.

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 12:22 AM
Go 3 miles and get figures for 4.77 at Wal-Mart...or go 17 miles, and get only C1 figures for 4.79...

They need to work on it. :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-23-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Go 3 miles and get figures for 4.77 at Wal-Mart...or go 17 miles, and get only C1 figures for 4.79...

They need to work on it. :D

Luckily for me my local Walmart is just a few stores away from both Target and TRU.

RAVAZ
06-23-2002, 01:24 AM
I picked up a delux Anakin for $7.99

Obi-Don
06-23-2002, 05:10 AM
I agree with you LT. I would have to travel at lease 30 miles to get to a target as where Wal-Mart is around 7. They will have to work on it a lot.

WesleySr
06-23-2002, 06:24 AM
Well, I guess I can't complain anymore. There use to not even be a Target in the state of WV. Now there is one in Charleston, which is only about 5 miles from my house. And is only about 1 mile away from Wal-Mart and Toys R Us. Haven't been in there lately though, but the AOTC figures are $4.77 at Wal-Mart and $4.99 at Toys R Us.

RAVAZ
06-23-2002, 11:58 AM
I'm lucky. TRU and Targets are together in one town wich is less than 5 miles away. Then in another town, theres another TRU close to a KB. And with all these locations, still nothing new.

jdmarlow
06-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Just came back from TRU Times Square and had a remarkable experience. Clearance figures for $1.90. Here is my story:

TRU had a huge Star Wars Saga Figures isle filled with Luke Bespin, Vader, Luminara, Dex, Yoda, etc. (everything you could want). They also had a big bin off to the side with Super Battle Droids and Anakin Outland Peasants with red stickers saying "CLEARANCE $1.90" and a UPC barcode on them. I had the idea to take off the sticker and use it on one of the other figures (Luke Bespin for example). So I tried it and left it in the bin. Some guy comes over and starts looking for more Luke Bespins. He eventually buys the Luke and one of the cash register ladies rung it up no muss, no fuss. She asked one of her superiors, however, if the Luke was on clearance. So I tried this again with a Luke and Padme (w/ background w/ mole) and took it downstairs to another cash register and a different woman who never suspected a thing rung it up for the cost of $4.11 (for 2 figures). So I did it again with a Yoda and took that home for $2.06. All in all, a remarkable experience of finding the loop holes in large corporate schemes. I did this once in 1997 when TRU put out $2 off stickers that expired but still rung up on registers. Maybe some of you remember at a few Wal-Marts back then, figures were on clearance for $2 and the $2 off sticker coupon still worked so people were getting figures for free.

CrossWizard
06-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Nice catch, if only some of us were so lucky.