PDA

View Full Version : 10 Rarest Figures Since 1995

BillyJAck
06-23-2002, 02:03 AM
Okay I'm always interested in only the rarest of figures. I've decided to try and buy them all and I'm ditching the rest of the crap cause it won't be worth spit like the following in my opinion. Now list here the 10 Rarest figures that went into production from 1995 and on you can do it in order if you want too i'll just list them. Personally i can only think of 5 here that are seriously worth noting.. gimme some feedback..

Chancellor Valorum .0100 episode 1
Weequay FF POTF2
Princess Leia in Boussh Disguise SOTE collection 1 card .01
Sandtrooper Freeze Frame
Obi-Wan Kenobi st/lt .01 orange card

BillyJAcK

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 02:09 AM
Ponda Baba Freeze Frame.

BillyJAck
06-23-2002, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure that ever even got shipped out in cases and went into production...

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 02:13 AM
According to a very reliable source of mine, only 9 were actually made and of course never made it to the public except in private auctions.

BillyJAck
06-23-2002, 02:22 AM
Well whats the ten rarest production figures since 1995 that you can think of???hmmm?? I wish I could get someone like SirSteve with alot of knowledge on this to post...

BillyJAcK

chubbychicken
06-23-2002, 03:35 AM
well i'm not sure if it is where u live but the darth vader with removable helmet is quite rare

Yoda'sMaster
06-23-2002, 03:42 AM
ide say darth vader toy fair sense thats the only figure i know of beside sacul with limited amounts produced the leia boush .01, freeze frame weequay, artoo imperial trash compacter action slide, darth maul all black outfit, i saw once a luke jedi with blue lightsaber selling for alot of cash and well i dunno any1 else?

2-1B
06-23-2002, 04:01 AM
I never saw 3 3/4" Han with Taun Taun at retail. That's the only piece I never found from 1995 until my hardcore hunting ended in 1999. I had to get it from a friend, so it tops my list.

Next would be Ree-Yees and Death Star Trooper. In all of my hunting I only found 2 cases of this wave, meaning 6 of each. Of course, the Fan Club offered them so that might not be of much interest to you . . . but still, I am defining here as "rare" the stuff that I can not ever find in stores. :)

From Episode I, I never saw Sio Bibble, TC-14, Swimming Jar Jar, Amidala Ascension Guns, or R2-B1 at retail, and I'll throw in Commtech Motti and Holo R2 since they came out around the same time.

Hmmm, from POTJ I never found R2-Q5 at retail, so that brings me to a total of . . . 10.

Those are my top 10 right now, I know they don't compare to freeze frame and other variations (none of which interest me ;) ) but like I said it's just a personal list - nothing scientific. :)

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 04:05 AM
In no particular order:
1. Big Head CTC R2
2. Yellow Pins CTC Greedo
3. Sio Bibble
4. Amidala Ascension Gun
5. Swimming Jar-Jar
6. CTC Leia
7. Aunt Beru
8. "Episode 1" text Yoda
9. Battle Droid background variant
10. CTC Leia

jedi_uk73
06-23-2002, 08:25 AM
I'll have a go at this one.

1. Luke Skywalker (Short Saber - Long Tray)
2. Weequay - Freeze Frame
3. Boba Fett - Half Circles
4. Aunt Beru
5. Darth Vader - Rem Helmet
6. TC-14 - Episode I
7. R2-B1 - Episode I
8. Biker Scout - Clean Version - POTJ
9. Sebulba - C1 Card - POTJ
10. Leia Boushh - C1 Card - SOTE

QLD
06-23-2002, 08:38 AM
1. Zuckuss
2. Zuckuss
3. Zuckuss
4. Zuckuss
5. Zuckuss
6. Zuckuss
7. Zuckuss
8. Zuckuss
9. Zuckuss
10. Zuckuss

He is the only figure to hit the fan club or retail that I do not have. Though I do not consider variations or errors legit figures.

Billy Jack:

I have noticed that the way you collect your SW items changes almost daily. Now, please don't think I am trying to get in your business. It's your collection, and you should do it how you seem fit. But it seems one week you are buying a lot of one thing, then selling it all so you can get the next. My suggestion, and again, it's a suggestion, is that once you have the figures, especially loose ones, to not sell them. Odds are you won't get what you paid in return, especially for loose figures. Maybe you should take some time to consider what you really want as well, instead of being caught up in the moment. Again, not being nosy, just making a friendly observation. :D

hango fett
06-23-2002, 09:17 AM
[COLOR/RED]here are the most valubale ones i can think of right now....
1: FF sandtrooper=$147
2: jedi knight luke from the thearter editon.=$115
3: jawa w/ gonk droid (1 hole in foot.)=$55
4: boba fett FF=$95
5: darth vader FF=$42
i'm pretty sure on these because i have a very reliable book that has everything SW in it.[COLOR/RED]
[edit] i forgot about weequay. he is $345

jdmarlow
06-23-2002, 09:44 AM
I have many rare figures on my list...but I'm only going to list the ones I actually have:

POTF2
01. OC Luke Skywalker (ss/lt) .00
02. Leia Boushh .01 Col 1 (SOTE)
03. Darth Vader SOTE POSE (GC)
04. Weequay FF (US Card)
05. Sandtrooper FF (US Card)
06. R2-D2 w/ Leia Holo (First Version - round pegs)
07. Boba Fett FF (US Card)

POTJ
08. Gungan Warrior .0300
09. Darth Maul Sith Apprentice .0100
10. R2-Q5 .0300

SAGA
11. Dexter Jettster w/ Pipe Text (w/ Bkgrd)
12. Luminara Unduli (no stickers over "removable cloak")

That's all I can come up with right now. There are plently more rare ones, but these are the rarest.

-JD

Thunderstorm1
06-23-2002, 01:30 PM
I don't know about ten but these are the one's i'm still looking for (at a decent Price)

1. Freeze Frame Weequay
2. Freeze Frame Sandtrooper
3. Freeze Frame Boba Fett (any variation)
4. Theater Edition Luke Jedi
5. Toy Fair Darth Vader

Thats my list. Of course I would be happy with any I'm not into collecting all variations.

DeadEye
06-23-2002, 01:49 PM
I can't believe this!

I have a freeze frame weequay and sandtrooper! They're loose...but I still have the FF slides.

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 02:11 PM
If you are looking for true rarity, then my suggestion is to ignore the figures made from 1995 on up. Focus on vintage if all you are interested in is cashing in later on.

Here are the rarest of the rare vintage figures:
DTS (Double Telescoping Saber) Vader on 12-back card
DTS Ben on 12-back card
DTS Luke on 12-back card
Blue Snaggletooth
Vinyl caped Jawa on 12-back card
Anakin on POTF 92-back card
Gamorrean Guard on POTF 92-back card
Nikto on POTF 92-back card
AT-AT Driver on POTF 92-back card
Yakface on POTF 92-back card
Vlix on Glasslite Droids card
Princess Leia (original version) on ROTJ card
Boba Fett on 21-back card

If you have the money and want REAL rarity, go for those. Although some of them will set you back several thousand apeice. The DTS Vader and Vlix could cost you over $10,000 apeice.:eek:

But if you want the mediocre rarity that the new lines offer then stick with:
FF Weequay
FF Sandtrooper
SS/LT Orange Card Luke
Retooled SOTE Vader on POTF2 Green Card
FF Boba Fett
CTC Artoo with holo Leia round pegs

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-23-2002, 06:06 PM
FF Boba Fett- I saw this once at a Target. I wish I had bought it.:frus:

BillyJAck
06-23-2002, 06:30 PM
I have noticed that the way you collect your SW items changes almost daily. Now, please don't think I am trying to get in your business. It's your collection, and you should do it how you seem fit. But it seems one week you are buying a lot of one thing, then selling it all so you can get the next. My suggestion, and again, it's a suggestion, is that once you have the figures, especially loose ones, to not sell them. Odds are you won't get what you paid in return, especially for loose figures. Maybe you should take some time to consider what you really want as well, instead of being caught up in the moment. Again, not being nosy, just making a friendly observation. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Well to answer your post...I do change what I collect I mean that what your suppose to do when you complete such and such. Two weeks ago I was trying to complete a collection of Loose ANH figures (only ones i like the scuplts so i bought 30 figures in the packaged and opened them) Also during this time I completed my boxed vintage micro collection. Now since money isn't that big a problem(now that i just started my new job this monday) I thought I should just go ahead and buy up what I thought were truly rare. I'm trying to buy most of the figures now. Also i'm trying to buy as many potf2 proofs i can get my hands on. And Tri Logo Carded Vintage figures. Plus sample carded figures of tusken raider, coruscant guard, and mas amedda on episode 1 cards. So No i don't change up. I want so much stuff that i coulnd't even write a list. And the only reason I put this up is too see peoples opinions. I've always had a interest in the rare and unuasal...only reason i keep thinking about selling you myu loose zuckass is because he has sat in a bag for 3 years....You could have quite easily PM your message to me. thanks for the input

BillyJAcK

sith_killer_99
06-23-2002, 10:28 PM
The top 10 (not including variations) are ALL from Coll. 3 Freeze Frame series:

THE BIG THREE:

Weequay
Sandtrooper
Boba Fett

Then:

Garindan (Long Snoot)
AT-ST Driver
TIE Fighter Pilot
Ree-Yees
Darth Vader with Removable Helmet
Ishi Tib
Zuckuss

Honerable mention goes to:

Death Star Trooper
and
Captain Piett

Any of these cathch a pretty penny on the secondary market.

If you ask about EP1:

Darth Sidious Holograph
Naboo Royal Guard
Pit Droids 2-pk
Queen Amidal (Battle)
R2-B1
Sio Bibble
TC-14

The above lists were in no particular order (Except the big 3).:crazed:

QLD
06-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Billy, like I said, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, I know how anxious I get for stuff sometimes too. Sorry if I bothered you at all :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-23-2002, 11:58 PM
The only figure i never found was the R2 with Holographic leia. Everything else i've seen posted i was lucky enough to get somehow. I had given up on R2 with a friend of mine gave me an extra one he had. I do konw Weequay and R2-Q5 took me some serious time to track down.

OriginalBryGuy
06-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Hey, let's not forget POTF2 Green Carded Vader (Shadows Retooled Version)! I guess that's more of a variation tho..

BillyJAck
06-24-2002, 02:49 PM
i want to include variations in this list...

billyjack

icatch9
06-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Veiwing this post all I see is packageing variations. Do we collect cardboard and plastic or action figures. I am a mint in package collector, but I don't collect package variation or any other kind of variations.

Since this forum has no rules it doesn't matter, but all the figures most of you listed as rare are only rare becasue of a certain package. Sure, a FF Wequay is worth $400.00 in package, but you opne him up, and the figure is worthless.

So, if you asking about rare figures you'd have to go with

Sio Bibble
Swimming Jar Jar
TC 14
2 1 B
Queen Amidala (Battle)
Ree Yees
Captian Piatte
Death Star Trooper
Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet
Mottie
Hooded Leia

These are the figures that are worth a lot in package or loose.

Don't think so? Try selling a loose Weequay and a Loose Queen Battle and see which one gets more action.

Darth_Vader
06-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Hey, I have a loose Zuckuss, and a mint .00 Zuckuss in card. Hahaha!

Vortex
06-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Here my 10. I'm not into variations/errors/.00, .01, or .02's.

10. BoShek
9. Bloody Luke Bespin (I've seen all the others except this one)
8. Sabe
7. Luke Stormtrooper on Red Card (well that whole collection was hard to find)
6. R2 with holographic Leia
5. Ree-Yees ( I found 1 at a Wal-Mart when they 1st came out) this is iffy since the fan club stocked them.
4. Leia Com-Tech
3. Vader - Degobah (Still haven't seen this one on a peg even when they were 4 to a case)
2. Space trooper
1. Dark Trooper

I have managed to find and buy them all, but I've never seen these figs in the stores around here. Sio, TC-14's I've seen and bought at local FAO, TRU, and WM's. But that's my 10.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 03:47 PM
These were the ones I could never find in the stores, so I consider them to be ultra rare (at least in my neck of the woods):

CT Leia
CT Motti
CT DV
Theatre Luke
Ree-Yees
DS Trooper
FF Sandtrooper
FF Weequay
Jorg Sacul
Cap'n Piett
Rem. Helm. Vader

I'd also throw in as rare variants the no dot 0000 EP1 Tarpauls and binocs in the bubble OOM-9.

QLD
06-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Darth_Vader, are you mocking me, or are you saying you are going to give me one?

Paul-Kenobi
06-24-2002, 07:17 PM
POTF

Luke Skywlaker Jedi Knight

R2 D2 i don't know about you but i could never frind him

that R4 or R5

Episode I

TC 14

Darth Sidious Holograph

POTJ

Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Adventure

IG-88

Darth Maul Sith Apperntice

Queen Amidala Naboo Throne Room

Saga

Lumanra Undi Jedi Master

Count Dooku Dark Lord

Yoda Jedi Master

Hellboy
06-25-2002, 02:31 AM
My Top 10 Variation Picks 95-Present

10-Captain Piett: FF -"Baton" in place of "Blaster Rifle"
9-R2-D2: Flashback -Saber Packed on right side of blister
8-Ponda Baba: GC -Collection 3/Grey Beard
7-Darth Vader: GC -Retooled 2-pack version
6-Princess Leia in Boussh Disguise: SOTE -Collection 1
5-R2-D2 w/Holo Leia: CTC: foot peg on side of foot
4-Darth Maul: EP1 -Jedi Duel or Tatooine w/ Black Vest
3-Luke Skywalker: RC -Transition Tray
2-Boba Fett: FF/RC/GC/DLX - No shoulder Skull or Chest Emblem
1-Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: RC -Transistion Tray

My Top 10 Non-Variation Picks 95-Present

10-Zuckuss: FF
9-Sio Bibble: EP1
8-AT-ST Driver: FF
7-Luke Jedi: Theater Edition
6-Jorg Sacul: Saga
5-Darth Vader: Toy Fair
4-Tie-Fighter Pilot: FF
3-Boba Fett: FF
2-Sandtrooper: FF
1-Weequay: FF

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-28-2002, 02:18 AM
These are my personal HTF Top 10 figures. I have been tracking down most of these babies for ages. Some of these you may laugh at because they might have warmed the peg at one time or another. BTW these aren't in any particular order.

1) R2 Holo Leia
2) CTC Stormtrooper
3) Chewbacca Dejarik Champion
4) Count Dooku
5) TC-14
6) R2-B1
7) Sio Bobble
8) Admiral Motti
9) Swimming Jar Jar
10) Watto

StoneyFett
06-28-2002, 04:26 AM
Has anyone mentioned the black belt Dooku? I got one and have only seen/heard of two others, which were on ebay.

BillyJAck
06-28-2002, 12:09 PM
I would love to find one of those but i sure would keep it wouldn't go on ebay....wanna sell it?hmmmm?

sith_killer_99
06-28-2002, 12:30 PM
icatch9, you have GOT to be kidding us...2 1 B !!!! The Medic Droid??? Do you mean R2-B1??? From Episode 1???

Mandalorian Candidat, do you mean CT (commtech) Darth Vader? He was HTF for a couple of months, then it was peg warmer city! My brother-in-law (who buys direct from Hasbro) is STILL trying to unload CT Vaders.

To each their own. Just remember, the FF Weequay slide (just the slide alone...loose...) is worth more than almost any loose Star Wars figure. To include Queen Battle.

By "worth" I mean what people will pay in general...not personal worth.

;)

My point is that it is ALL subjective. There are some pretty obscure ERRORS out there, most are worth very little. Usually it's the popular figures that bring in more money.

I suppose there could be 4 lists:

Top 10 HTF figures (just the figures)

Top 10 HTF variations (intentional mfg changes)

Top 10 HTF errors (mess ups)

Top 10 HTF SW figures (ALL figures, errors and variations)

The first 2 are usually pretty quantifiable. But when you start to add ERRORS into the mix it becomes complicated.:confused:

plo koon 200
07-08-2002, 01:12 AM
From off my head. Non-variation
Toy Fair Vader. Hey look how much a loose one goes for.
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747106125

Clean Scout Trooper
Removable Helmet Vader
Jorg Sacl
Holo Sidious
BoShek
R4-M9
Yoda (Saga)
Chewbacca Cloud City Capture
Star Tours figures
Hmm. I'm sure I will come up wit more later if I think about it.

cybersith
07-08-2002, 01:22 PM
luke saga bespin with no lighsaber handle

BillyJAck
07-09-2002, 12:16 AM
that would fall under factory errors i guess.... sio bibble is still hard for me to find. BUT NOTHING is as hard as finding a vintage Kenner Indiana Jones LOOSE GEM MINT and COMPLETE...not that its star wars but its been extremely hard for me to find one....also finding any kenner butch and sundance stuff is impossible

jdmarlow
07-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by StoneyFett
Has anyone mentioned the black belt Dooku? I got one and have only seen/heard of two others, which were on ebay.

I don't see the black belt dooku as being an official variation. They are only variations if hasbro intentionally changes them. Are you sure this isn't just a an error that showed up more than once. Like you said, only twice. Sounds to me like some ebay sellers trying to cash in on another version of the "black vest" Darth Maul from EP1. I never believed in that one. It was a crock all the way in my opinion. I'm sure there are those who disagree, however.