PDA

View Full Version : Question for Royal Guard army builders.

2-1B
06-23-2002, 02:11 AM
Do you like the "lean" that this figure is preposed in? I don't. :D

Overall, I do like the figure but if I was looking to do a diorama of some sort, I don't think I could do it. I did buy multiples of the POTF2 version many years ago, and as bad as those statues were, at least they stood straight in the background.

Personally, if I wanted to pose two Saga guards at the sides of the Emperor, I would have to prop up their right legs with a shim because it wouldn't look right to me, having one guard leaning toward the Emperor and one leaning away from him.

This isn't even a complaint, I'm just interested in the reaction of the army builders since the figure seems to get pretty good reviews in general.

Thanks for your time. :)

Yoda'sMaster
06-23-2002, 02:36 AM
do u have a picture of the diorama? or r u still making it?

2-1B
06-23-2002, 02:49 AM
Oh - I'm not making a diorama, just offering my thoughts hypothetically.
I'm not a diorama maker or army builder, so I'm just looking to gauge the reaction of collectors who do participate in such avenues. :)

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 02:55 AM
It's not bad. I haven't really noticed a lean in mine, unless you mean leaning frontwards or backwards, cause I haven't looked at mine from the sides a whole lot.

2-1B
06-23-2002, 03:05 AM
No, look at him from the front - he leans from his left to his right. :)

saladin
06-23-2002, 05:30 PM
i've never noticed that in mine, plus even if it leans it's a better scuplt then the old one.

Jargo
06-23-2002, 06:17 PM
I have six in my Emperor's arrival diorama and I have to say I hadn't noticed them leaning at all. I'll have to go look. But if i haven't noticed then it probably isn't that noticeable to me. They look wonderful BTW, three down each side of a whole host of troopers as the Emperor and vader walk down the center towards Tarkin and Motti. In the background are two AT-ST's and an AT-AT. I left space for the shuttle if it ever gets released and I even manage to bag one.

But if your question is should you get more then I say yes, they look cool against a sea of black and white and grey uniforms. :)

Jayspawn
06-23-2002, 11:39 PM
I've built an army of saga Royal Guards. They look very cool with Chancellor Palpatine or The Emperor. I really like the saga guards.

Aeros Kahn
06-24-2002, 02:17 AM
i never noticed the lean till you pointed it out
its slight but its definitely there

DarthBrandon
06-24-2002, 02:27 AM
I never noticed at all and I've got two different versions on each side of the Emperor. I like them both lean or not.

Yoda'sMaster
06-24-2002, 03:47 AM
there deffinitly a lean but hardley noticable

sith_killer_99
06-24-2002, 05:25 AM
I also bought 6 of these to open (+ 1 MOMC;) )!

I haven't noticed the lean, but I haven't set them all up yet.

BTW, this is one of my favorite figures in the new line! I was SOOO happy to get a new Royal Guard!:D The old POTF2 version is nothing more than a paper weight.:rolleyes: Plus the new one dosen't have any STUPID gimmicks.:crazed:

OCB
06-24-2002, 04:46 PM
I thought there were 8 Royal Guards not 6...I haven't watched that scene for a while, are you guys sure there are only 6???

Lman316
06-24-2002, 05:03 PM
I noticed a lean too, and I was one of the first to complain about it....don't all pat me on the back at once, everyone...:p
But I was informed that if you twist the waist slightly, the lean all but disappears, which is seemingly true. It now looks as though the Royal Guard has had his V8...oh, geez....that's old. I'll be surprised if anyone remembers that one.
But, uh, yeah, just twist the waist of the guard (it probably needs some tweaking), but the lean will go away.

End...

Forhekset
06-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I noticed a lean too, and I was one of the first to complain about it....don't all pat me on the back at once, everyone...:p
But I was informed that if you twist the waist slightly, the lean all but disappears, which is seemingly true. It now looks as though the Royal Guard has had his V8...oh, geez....that's old. I'll be surprised if anyone remembers that one.
But, uh, yeah, just twist the waist of the guard (it probably needs some tweaking), but the lean will go away.

End...

I remember those V8 commercials. :p

I stared at all of my Saga Royal Guards this afternoon at work for several minutes and I never saw the lean you guys are talking about. But maybe I had mine posed so that the lean wasn't there to begin with, I dunno. That or it isn't obvious enough for me to really notice. I love the new Royal Guard figure. :)

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 10:46 AM
got 12 royal guards: 6 poft2 and 6 saga.
if i see royal guards sitting on the pegs from the previous day, i'm picking them up. i give other people a chance to get them (with exception to figures i don't have yet)(i buy multiple figures that are troop builders)(will only buy multiple main character figures if i'm going to make a new pose)

3 of my saga royal guards don't lean but the other 3, i heated the legs up to straighten them out with no problem

Darth Evil
06-25-2002, 12:43 PM
I haven't noticed any lean, even looking at it now. I've only got one Royal Guard, I bought him last week and I'm waiting for more to come into stock, so I can have a few around Palpatine.