PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Star Tours Figures - Avaliable Now??

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:17 AM
The following news and images are from Rebelscum. I would have posted this in the POTJ line, but since they arn't really POTJ figures I will put them here. I would have linked directly to the story, but BigB and a few others have commented that Rebelscum usually take forever to load on their computers. Overall they look pretty good. I hope that the Disney Stores will be carrying these.:

UPDATE: Carded Disney Droids
Mike: Carded Disney Star Tours figures have popped up on eBay. The images, though a bit obscure, offer a nice glimpse of the overall look and the interesting fact that they're packaged under the Power of the Jedi logo. Take a look at RX-24 aka Captain REX and G2-4T. Both are exclusive to Walt Disney resorts and could possibly be out now, although earlier reports indicate late July or early August. Thanks to Brian for the news!

Update: UPDATE: Carded Disney Droids
Mike: Oz sends us more photos of the new Star Tours Droids found at Walt Disney Resort in Florida. He reports that Disney received about 2 cases worth today for $10 each (a standard Disney pricepoint for basic figures). Better dust off that passport and head on over to the Magic Kingdom. Happy Hunting!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:19 AM
Captain Rex - Bubble-View Close-up:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:21 AM
Captain Rex - Picture Close-up:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:22 AM
Captain REX - Carded Back:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:23 AM
G2-4T - Carded Front:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:25 AM
G2-4T - Bubble Close-Up:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:26 AM
G2-4T - Picture Close-up

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:27 AM
G2-4T - Carded Back:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:47 AM
Update: Did some Ebay browsing, and found this really nice clear big picture of the 2 droids next to each other. Wow, these guys look cool. Hopefully I can get a hold of a set of these. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obi-Don
06-23-2002, 05:22 AM
This pics are great,thanks JarJar for posting them.

WesleySr
06-23-2002, 07:31 AM
Question is, how long are they gonna carry these figures. My mom and grandmother are going to Disney World next year in February on vacation. Are they still gonna be there then so that I can have her pick them up for me???

figrin bran
06-23-2002, 02:23 PM
i wish they could've been released about a month ago when i went to disneyland! hopefully they will be like the Disney Exclusive Indiana Jones line which was still very plentiful last month.

hango fett
06-23-2002, 02:48 PM
now, if only we were going to disney world THIS year instead of last....

fourtwo
06-23-2002, 03:26 PM
hopefully disney will make them available to people who can't make it to disneyland but loved the ride when they were there years ago :D

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:09 PM
Update from Rebelscum:

Order Star Tours Figures NOW
Mike: Good news everyone! The Disney exclusive Star Tours action figures are now available to order via telephone at Walt Disney World for $10 each. The number is 407-363-6200 (you can also email them at wdw.mail.order@disney.com, but this is mostly for inquiries) . They have both RX-24 (Captain REX) and G2-4T available.

If anyone ordering a set, would like to pick up a second set for me. I would gladly pay you for them. Thanks alot. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yoda'sMaster
06-23-2002, 04:17 PM
so are these figure availible at disneyland?

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kitfistosithlord
WHOAH WHOAH, its my turn to see you made a mistake! (finally!). As you said to me 4 times, i have to say this go into the POTJ forum. this is not a saga figure. Or it could go into the exclusive forum!
Actually, you are wrong. As I said in my first post, if you would have read it, that they are on modified POTJ cards, but they are not POTJ figures. Just like the Toy Fair Darth Vader isn't on a Saga Card, but is classed under the Saga line. 1. The POTJ line is dead, it no longer exists. The cards may be similar, but they are not POTJ figures. 2. Everyone has been waiting for these figures, and the info needed to reach the widest possible audience. 3. There is no exclusive forum, so this was placed into the Saga forum. Again, if you would read my post, I stated the following: "I would have posted this in the POTJ line, but since they arn't really POTJ figures I will put them here."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

WesleySr
06-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Well, good news, I just called and placed my order. They have a limit of 5 each and I bought 5 each : ) . The lady said they are on backorder because they are not 100% sure they have them in the warehouse. They are checking tomorrow to see if they are there. If they are I will receive them in about 10-20 business days, if not I will receive them whenever they come in. I figured I could use the other 4 sets to trade for what I need. Maybe a Jorg Sacul !!!

figrin bran
06-23-2002, 05:43 PM
the ride is also at Disneyland so in all likelihood they will be available there as well.

jobi
06-23-2002, 06:02 PM
They also had 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi. So I ordered 1

robman71
06-23-2002, 06:15 PM
I just got back from Disney World today and they did not have these figures out at the Star Tours attraction (They may have been sold out who knows), But they did have the 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi for $28.00.

jobi
06-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Did the Ki-Adi-Mundi look good???

jobi
06-23-2002, 07:07 PM
How is the box different? Got any pics?

Beast
06-23-2002, 07:23 PM
I don't think the box is any different at all. Just the ones you get from the Fan Club will have a large white mailer box surrounding the regular box. It was shown on the forums before, when someone ordered one early from Japan. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jobi
06-23-2002, 07:30 PM
ahh ok. Yeah I've seen that. I don't normally get 12" figs but Ki-Adi-Mundi is my favorite Jedi for some reason.

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Hmm, even though I've never been on the Star Tours ride ( :( ) I think I'll get these figures, they're great looking. :cool:

Jayspawn
06-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the tip JarJar. I'm not going to Disney any time soon so I hope I'll be able to call and order them. They do look cool.

XboxTrooper
06-24-2002, 12:46 AM
I am goin to Disney next week. Do you think I should wait and see if they have them down there or order off the phone? I was thinking about ordering 1 set for safety sake. Then when I get there get the other set to open. Also if anyone else wants me to pick them up some, I will glad to do it. Just let me know.

DarthBrandon
06-24-2002, 03:36 AM
Thankx for the pics JJB's, I might have to make a trip seeing how I may be there pretty soon.

Yoda'sMaster
06-24-2002, 04:37 AM
has any1 else tryed to order these over the phone but hav'nt been able to get through to a customer service my dad was on the phone for a half an hour but had to hang up

Ohio Jedi
06-24-2002, 08:10 AM
Just called the number and they said that the figures were park exclusives. Did anyone else have this trouble or did I just get a crappy operator???????

Nataku
06-24-2002, 10:40 AM
I tried the number TWICE already this morning and I too was told that these are for the PARK STORES only and that they are not allowed to sell over the phone for direct sales!

Sucks!

Nataku

Darth Shifty
06-24-2002, 10:44 AM
No luck for me, I think the pre-orders are sold out. Can anyone confirm this?

Forhekset
06-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty
No luck for me, I think the pre-orders are sold out. Can anyone confirm this?

Rebelscum claims they're sold out and on backorder. Maybe the whole "in-park exclusive" line is just what the phone operators have been told to tell people for now until they get more in.

QLD
06-24-2002, 11:50 AM
I have a friend in California who's wife works for Disney. I am hoping she can pick me up a couple.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 11:59 AM
All right! Good news for moi! I'm going to D-Land the week after the 4th. One of my wife's friends works there and is scoring us free tix for the fam. I guess I'll pick up a set while I'm there. That is, unless the scalpers grab them all. :)

Ohio Jedi
06-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Mandolorian:

Any chance in you picking any extra up while you're down there?

ggmorton
06-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Rebelscum just updated the info on these Star Tours
figures. They aren't taking any phone orders. They
are only in park exclusives and will be available in
August.

All orders that were already taken will be canceled
and the customers will be contacted to inform
them of this.

Ohio Jedi
06-24-2002, 12:40 PM
When you say available in August does that mean available to phone orders or just in the park?

ggmorton
06-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Just in the park.

Ohio Jedi
06-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Not to complain too much about this but I think this is terrible. I could almost deal with Exclusives based on companies like Walmart and Target but this years geographical exclusives suck! I was lucky that I knew someone was going to EII so I got Jorg but now we are expected to go to Disneyland in the hopes that they may have figures in stock???

Is anyone going down there or live around there so that they can pick some extras up??

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 03:34 PM
I don't like them. They don't look very STAR WARS. I'm passing without any regrets.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 03:39 PM
Oh crap! August?! I guess I'll be saving $20 then. Rebelscum is also reporting an electronic Starspeeder 3000 to accompany the figures.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 12:45 PM
i can't wait to get my hands on those two figures. they would make decent scene fillers.

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 01:48 PM
I am one of the ones who already pre-ordered them, and I tell you what, they are gonna get a piece of my mind when they call me to cancel my order. I think that is bulls**t. I am sorry, but it is. I've got an order # and everything. It is their mistake that they took the orders over the phone, not ours. They should not cancel them because of their screwup.

Jonna
06-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I don't like them. They don't look very STAR WARS. I'm passing without any regrets.

I have to agree with you. Everyone is raving about these figures, but they look horrible and have nothing to do with SW in my opinion.:o

Background fillers.....more like canon fodder!

Bantha Poodoo!!!

JEDIpartner
06-25-2002, 02:49 PM
I was wondering how long it would take before SOMEONE continued my lead. These look like the crap that third line toy makers were making to capitalise on STAR WARS back in the 70s. Horrible!!!!

Jonna
06-25-2002, 02:56 PM
It is upsetting that Hasbro thinks we'll gobble up any piece of garbage that has the SW logo on the package.

DarthBrandon
06-25-2002, 03:22 PM
To me these are great, not because they are on S.W. cards, just cause they are some droids you can use for filler scenes. Background droids are great considering that we don't have many different types of droids, and these will do just fine for my purchase of the droids Diorama, when they release a new Jawa Sandcrawler. Just my opinion I guess.

heroclixplayer
06-25-2002, 03:37 PM
These figures are bad? I think Rex is kind of cool! He's perfect for piloting the millenium falcon in the years before Han Solo owned it! The other one is kind of stupid, i agree!

Yoda'sMaster
06-25-2002, 03:40 PM
does disney have any lemit on how many u can buy? they should make it2 per person other wise scalpers will just go in pay for admision then get all the figs they can buy and get there money back for the disney ticket in and make extra $$$$. MAKE THEM TWO PER PERSON!

wedgeA
06-25-2002, 03:57 PM
I like these figures simply because I loved the ride. However, I am not heading for the parks anytime soon and already prices skyrocketing on Ebay. Hopefully they'll make their way onto the fansite, or some type of wide release in the future.

plo koon 200
06-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey JediPartner have you ever gone onto the ride? I love it. i was 4 when I first went on it and loved it more than the movies because I felt i was in Sta Wars when I rode it for the first time. Thsoe fgures are great and it is about time they made the toys of the ride that made Star Wars a reality for me in tiny way.

anarky
06-26-2002, 01:28 PM
y'know, i thought ice cream machine man was the figure i least wanted in my collection

they'll make this crap but we still ain't got madine? i think we should revolt! power to the people--the bourgeousie that is hasbro must fall before our proletariat

either that or i'll con a friend of mine into picking 'em up for me

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 04:12 PM
These things must be available right now. People who aren't even near Anaheim or Orlando are selling these two on ebay and claiming they're in hand. Check out how much the first auction has skyrocketed.

Here's the link (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ebaytag1code=0&query=rx-24)

Ohio Jedi
07-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Any new news on these figures? I've heard rumors that they are honoring the pre-orders that they took the first weekend but haven't heard anything else.

stillakid
07-09-2002, 10:16 AM
I placed an order immediately upon getting the phone number that was posted at SSG. They took my order with no problem. I got a call about a week ago telling me that they "took the order in error" but they would still honor my order. The charge was taken off the credit card and they would call back in August ( I think it was) to make sure I still wanted the figures. That's the last I've heard.

RooJay
07-09-2002, 06:04 PM
I love these figures! I love the characters and the ride itself, and have been dying to see these made! I honestly don't see how anyone would not want them.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-09-2002, 10:54 PM
I went to D-Land yesterday and got the scoop from the supposed guy in charge of Rebel Base...

I asked if the figures were available now: NO (his actual response was "It's too short."

I asked, "What does that mean?"

His response: "They'll be available in August." Just like was reported in this thread.

According to this guy the only two places to get them are at Rebel Base in D-Land and that other store in D-World or where ever it is in Orlando. Then he reversed himself and mentioned the mail order number that everyone's called is another possible source but it would be unlikely to get them that way. His thinking is that these figures will fly off the shelves and since they'll be so hot an item that there won't be any opportunity for them to fill orders.

My wife's friend who scored us the free tix works sometimes in the Star Trader. I asked her about them and she said the one person in the park who would know for sure would be that guy because he manages that particular shop 100% of the time.

Right now from what I was told I believe the best chance to score some is to pony up, pay the $45 for admission, then drop another $20 for the set. Hopefully she can get me a set and I can just pay her back later.

rynobot
07-10-2002, 12:03 AM
paying 24.95 plus shipping isn't a bad deal. You say how the price skyroketed yet it is still at the minimal bid.

DarthJdog
07-10-2002, 01:18 AM
when does DISNEYLAND actually get them... i want to go there with my GF around august and at the same time get those Star Tour figures,.. Disneyland is like 2 hours away from me :)

yodajedimaster01
07-10-2002, 07:29 AM
I live like an hour away and I'm going to Disney World anyways on August 1st. I just want to know will they be out and what park i should go to to get them.

Jedi Drew
07-10-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm going to be outside of Tampa from Aug. 10th to the 24th and may try to make it up to DisneyWorld?? But when are the figures gonna be relased???? Also if anyone from the Tampa area can tell me where to find some figures while I'm down there it would help.:D :D Thanks and HH.

Mandalorian30
07-10-2002, 10:23 AM
As I liove no where near a Disney (I'm in Illinois) would anyone consider picking these up for me when they go? I will pay cost plus shipping plus a little extra for the trouble! Help a fellow collector out!! :D

yodajedimaster01
07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Im near Tampa Jedi Drew. What figures are you looking for?

Jedi Drew
07-10-2002, 10:37 PM
I was just wondering where are some good places to hunt for figures...TRU, Wal-Mart in Tampa??? Maybe locations/ addreses??? I can't spend all the time on the beach or at the bar-right??? :D :D

yodajedimaster01
07-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Jedi Drew in Brandon the Walmart has like everything because me and my friend are the only one that buy anything. They have the bespin wave, orn free taa wave, han solo, chewbacca, obi pilot, palpatine, but no more Djas.

Jedi Drew
07-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the help. So the best places in the Tampa area are Wal-Mart???

yodajedimaster01
07-12-2002, 08:21 AM
Yup most the walmarts are good.

RooJay
07-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Yeah...but how 'bout those Disney Themepark exclusive Star Tours figures?! Pretty cool, huh? Too bad they're not out yet from what I hear!

Sorry...just trying to get us back on topic.;)

Jedi Drew
07-13-2002, 09:25 AM
I'll find out next month if they are out when I goto Disney World. :D :D

Forhekset
07-13-2002, 12:59 PM
Screw Disney, the Fanclub's gonna have these figures. Nothing to see here, move along.

Jedi Juice
07-14-2002, 01:35 AM
I don't think the Star Tours figures will be available through the Fanclub, just Disney. Anyway, that's the way it should be since it's special figures from the themepark ride.

*Update*
Sorry Everyone!

Beast
07-14-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Juice
I don't think the Star Tours figures will be available through the Fanclub, just Disney. Anyway, that's the way it should be since it's special figures from the themepark ride.
StarWars.Hasbro.Com has confirmed that they will be avaliable in a 3-pack from the Fan Club. So, unless plans change they will be available there as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
07-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

StarWars.Hasbro.Com has confirmed that they will be avaliable in a 3-pack from the Fan Club. So, unless plans change they will be available there as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks Jar Jar. Like I said, they'll be available through the FanClub. I don't go around posting rumors and hearsay. :D

Lobito
07-23-2002, 08:34 PM
What droids will be included in the 3 pack????

Beast
07-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
What droids will be included in the 3 pack????
It should be the first assortment of droids, REX-24 "Rex", G2-4T, and R3-D3. DL-X2 is the first figure for the second assortment of three figures. The other 2 for that assortment are currently unknown still.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
07-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Do you know anything about the vehicle??? Will this (if its released) will be availiable in the Fan Club also??

Beast
07-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
Do you know anything about the vehicle??? Will this (if its released) will be availiable in the Fan Club also??
There were some rumors a while back that Rebelscum posted, that it was going to be the Star Tours Ship with lights and sounds. But nothing more has been heard about it, so no clue if it was a false rumor or whether it's true. If the droid sets are going to be available from the Fan Club, the ship (if produced) should be also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
07-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Ok thanks Jar Jar!!:D

Lobito
09-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Hi there guys, just wanted to let u know that "apparently" the DL-X2 droid was already availiable but they discovered an error in the production, so they retired the fig. from the stores. Can anyone confirm this?? And if its true do u know if they will produce the fig. again??

Beast
09-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a load of bullcrap to me Lobito. Where you getting that info from, Ebay? That droid did show up early there, but will be out in full force with the other 2 figures from the second assortment, as far as I know. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
09-05-2002, 04:54 PM
My brother just returned from Orlando and he got me the 3 first Star Tours Droids (Sweeeeet) and he says that the vendor told him that there was another figure but it was retired from the stores because of the error.:eek: