PDA

View Full Version : Life Size Toys!!

bandontherun
06-23-2002, 11:36 AM
Hasbro (and fans),
Wouldn't it be awesome to have life-size SW toys? A 6" Chewie, 5"8' stormtrooper, all of the classics? The price would be very high, I know, but it would be awesome to see them as they were meant to be seen.

Dark Knight
06-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I would love a 5"6 Queen Amidala or a Slave Leia.:crazed: :D :eek:

Oh yea it a great idea.:D

Rogue II
06-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Well, a few years back they made a life sized Carbonite Han, Yoda, R2, and Stormtrooper (I think). They were quite expensive.

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 04:20 PM
A true lifesize Chewie would be over 7 feet tall.

I guess if you don't mind paying $500-$1000 each then lifesized mannequins would be alright; but where would you put them?

I'll stick to the 3 3/4" figures since I'm having enough trouble just storing those.

saladin
06-23-2002, 06:24 PM
ya they would be sweet, and i know sharper image made stormtroopers and Han but i don't know about the rest, but if there's a Yoda i need to know where i can get one.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-23-2002, 08:59 PM
Jedi figures would come with strong magnetic lightsaber hilts! Just slip a magnet in your wrist- LOOK MA, I HAVE FORCE POWERS!

Darth Shifty
06-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by saladin
ya they would be sweet, and i know sharper image made stormtroopers and Han but i don't know about the rest, but if there's a Yoda i need to know where i can get one.

They're only $550, mere pocket change...

http://www.collectorsgalleryonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CG&Product_Code=YLSE

N-2PF
06-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Just get yourself a Stormtrooper armor (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1544414258) or a Queen Amidala costume (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1742193705) and dress some mannequins or - if you like the action features - put some friends in.

Exhaust Port
06-24-2002, 11:03 PM
I'd love to get some Stormtrooper armor but I'll have to wait until I can afford those prices. Sadly I'm also a bit too tall for a Stormtrooper so I'd look a bit goofy wearing. I guess I'll have to look for Darth Vader's getup to find something that would fit.

darthvyn
06-25-2002, 11:55 AM
rubie's costume makes the 26" yoda, and they have a life-sized vader, 7'6", (how tall ARE you, exhaust port?) lights up and everything. they are also going to make a vader costume, scaled down to an average human size, but still totally accurate. you could throw that one on a (m)anakin (lol) and have a cool piece to look at, or wear. the full size one is retailing for like, $5000, and the costume will be about $1500 i think. they are also making a boba fett replica costume to wear. cool stuff.

Obi-Don
06-25-2002, 12:19 PM
I'm with Dark Knight on his idea. If only I could get my wife to go for it.

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 12:33 PM
If you have a whole lot of cash to burn:
http://www.collectorsgalleryonline.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CG&Category_Code=DPR

They have C-3PO ($11,200), R2 ($6000), Boba Fett($3800), and the Stormtrooper($3500)

Jonna
06-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Does anyone on this forum actually have one of these. It just seems like far to much money to spend on something besides a car or towards a house.

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 12:57 PM
I don't, way too big and waaaaaay too much money. They must be for those really rich collectors, like Kevin Smith or Bill Gates.

I don't even collect the 12" figures. I stick to the 3-3/4" and I limit those to $7 per new basic figure and $15 for something older or rare or exclusive (like Admiral Motti).

darthvyn
06-25-2002, 02:28 PM
i am seriously considering buying the yoda... it's just too cool, comparatively reasonable, and would be the pinnacle of my collection. not really a sw only collection, just my collection of stuff in general. until i get all the cars i want... mmmmm, boss 429 mustang....

DarthBrandon
06-25-2002, 02:39 PM
RogueII,

These are great ideas, but the average person with some brains
and Hobbie skills could make these lifesize figures/mannequins for probably 1/4 of the price or less. This is in response to the Don Post lifesize replicas. I know for sure that if half the members on the forums got together, they would come up with great ideas for materials, likeness, and all the key elements to make these accurate and affordable to the average collector. Just a thought.

Eternal Padawan
06-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Not only would a life size Chewbacca or Stormtrooper be hard to store, bigb, but carded collectors would have a heck of a time! :p

When I am wealthy beyond belief and have a place for such things, I will buy life sized things. But since I'm a struggling college student in a rinky dink basement apartment, I'll pass.

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Darthvyn, Vader isn't 7'6" you must be mistaking him for Chewie. 6'5" would be more accurate. If you watch ANH you can see that he isn't THAT much taller than the Imperial Officers with him on the Blockade Runner.

"Merely" $550 dollars? Pocket Change? What, are you a millionaire? That's a ridiculous amount of money to pay for something that really isn't that accurate. I would pay $500 for the actual prop of something like a TIE Pilot helmet; but no more than $100 for those crappy costumes (like that terrible Jango Fett one....ugh!).

Anyways, seeing as how $5 action figures are cramping my college student budget, then I don't see myself wasting money on these anytime soon.

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by brandon
RogueII,

These are great ideas, but the average person with some brains
and Hobbie skills could make these lifesize figures/mannequins for probably 1/4 of the price or less. This is in response to the Don Post lifesize replicas. I know for sure that if half the members on the forums got together, they would come up with great ideas for materials, likeness, and all the key elements to make these accurate and affordable to the average collector. Just a thought.

I'm sure you are correct. I've seen some really good custom 4" figures, so there is no doubt in my mind that someone could come up with a full sized replica. That would seem more fun than just buying something like the Don Post replicas.

Personally, I would never want anything that big or expensive, and I'm not going to knock anyone who does. Aparently, there must be a market for life sized replicas, otherwise, they wouldn't have been made.

I really just posted those Replica pieces to show that life sized memoribilia has been made.

Now, I must continue my hunt for the new Saga Chewbacca......

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
"Merely" $550 dollars? Pocket Change? What, are you a millionaire?

That was dripping with sarcasm, bigb. The day I think $550 is pocket change is the day I buy you your lifesize Chewie. (and if they don't have one released yet, I'll commission Illusive Concepts to make you one:D )

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty

That was dripping with sarcasm, bigb. The day I think $550 is pocket change is the day I buy you your lifesize Chewie. (and if they don't have one released yet, I'll commission Illusive Concepts to make you one:D )

Got it. Although, I have known extremely wealthy people while I was in the Army (one guy's dad bought him a $30,000 SUV for a birthday present and a 50 acre plot of land for Christmas!:eek: His house was going to be built on it in time for his next birthday. This guy considered having only $10,000 in his bank account being broke.:rolleyes: ), so I wasn't too sure if you were serious or not. I know plenty of rich people who just love rubbing their money in people's faces.

If you win the lottery, though, don't think I won't hold you to that lifesized Chewie.:p:D

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 01:29 PM
If you win the lottery, though, don't think I won't hold you to that lifesized Chewie.:p:D

Heck, bigb. If I win the lottery, I'll buy you a lifesize version of all the original 12 back characters! :happy: Shoot, I'll even make 'em mint-on-custom-card for ya!:D

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty

Heck, bigb. If I win the lottery, I'll buy you a lifesize version of all the original 12 back characters! :happy: Shoot, I'll even make 'em mint-on-custom-card for ya!:D

I think that multi-state lottery out here is up around $30-60 million. Should we get a SSG collectors pool going?

Capitan_Moroni
07-05-2002, 12:54 AM
I want a 7 foot tall ANH Leah with light-up eyeballs!!!:D

darthvyn
07-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Darthvyn, Vader isn't 7'6" you must be mistaking him for Chewie. 6'5" would be more accurate. If you watch ANH you can see that he isn't THAT much taller than the Imperial Officers with him on the Blockade Runner.

welp, the rubie's catalog says 7'6" from head to bottom of base, and the base looks a couple of inches tall... and as you know all your base are belong to us...

Jedi Knightrider
07-08-2002, 10:22 AM
i wan that yoda...

Master Goeweins
07-10-2002, 09:51 AM
I've got the life size Watto, but I won it. So, technically it was free, but man does it just make the collection. So, I would seriously consider collecting reasonably priced life sizes. Reasonable would be around $200 to $400. Not the $6,000 R2, even if it does look sweet!

rynobot
07-10-2002, 10:08 PM
I've seen a life size Watto on Ebay. I think they had him selling over $500. He included a stand so he could fly.

Master Goeweins
07-10-2002, 11:12 PM
Yeah, the stand has two heights. One is about two feet tall, for when you have to set him on a desk or something. The other brings him to about six feet tall. He can't stand without the support, but when he's flying he is pretty impressive. Except, his underwear falls off by itself... not sure what he does at night....

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
Except, his underwear falls off by itself... not sure what he does at night....

I know the feeling - I mean, uh, that sounds really cool. I still think the Yoda is the coolest thing! I mean, he has his lightsaber hilt in his hand and everything!

bandontherun
07-15-2002, 01:00 AM
As expensive as it would be, they should go for it. Just try Han and Luke first, to see if they sell. If so, make some more. Because they'd be pretty accurate I'm sure. But we don't need Pote Snitkin. Just some basic characters.

Fixer
07-17-2002, 01:15 PM
There's a pretty cool site on how to build your own R2 at http://www.robotbuilders.net/r2/main.htm

Someday...