PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who owns both POTF2 and POTJ AT-ST

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 12:07 PM
I'm planning on buying a new AT-ST and was just wondering if the POTJ version is as loose and unstable as I've been hearing. For anyone who has both rereleases, how sturdy is the POTJ version when compared to the POTF2 version? I'm just wondering if Hasbro used the same inferior materials and plastics on this as they used for the TIE Interceptor. Any help would be appreciated.:)

bigbarada
06-24-2002, 03:59 PM
Okay, nevermind, I talked to Emperor Jargo about this in another forum and he said that the POTJ version is weak and floppy and can't support it's own weight. I remember the POTF2 version seemed pretty sturdy, at least for the four years I owned it before giving it to a friend when I was sent off to Korea. So I will attempt to get ahold of one of those even if it costs me more money.

So, for you 22 people who read this thread and didn't respond, don't worry about it.:p:D

Rogue II
06-24-2002, 04:14 PM
I would have responded, but I don't have the POTF2 version.

I had all my SW stuff stored while I was in Korea. I wasn't about to give it to anyone. MINE MINE MINE!

Beast
06-24-2002, 04:23 PM
I have both, and both of mine are fine, BigB. I don't think you have to worry. Hopefully you can pick one out at the store, BigB. It's better then mail order purchases, 9 times out of 10. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
06-24-2002, 11:22 PM
Big-B! Hey long time no chat:D

I have 2 POTJ AT-ST's and I think they are pretty sturdy! I have not had any problem with them falling over, legs bending, or anything like that. The only problem I have is that the "Visors" on the front, where the driver can look out, are stickers. If I remember correctly, the vintage version actually had these "cut out. Am I right on this??? JarJar, where are you???? :D

Dark Knight
06-25-2002, 01:21 AM
Sorry Big Barada. I do not have a POTJ version, so I did not respond. On the vintage At-St the windows are not cut out.

:D :) :evil:

QLD
06-25-2002, 01:28 AM
Hmm...my AT-ST is one of the few vehicles I have not opened. It looks so pretty in the box. But once I get my house, I will. I was never able to obtain a POTF one.

bigbarada
06-25-2002, 10:14 AM
I knew that would prompt a few responses.:D

Well, reading all this, I may just have to search around for the POTJ version, especially since I can't find the POTF2 version for any less that $70 at online stores. I should never have gotten rid of mine; but who knew that of all things would end up being rare?:frus:

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 10:30 AM
I was at a TRU this weekend here in MD. There were 8 of the POTJ versions on the shelf. I wonder if their website still has them.

If you get desperate, I could go pick up the AT-ST for you. So it would be $30 plus shipping.

Darkross
06-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Big-B! Hey long time no chat:D

I have 2 POTJ AT-ST's and I think they are pretty sturdy! I have not had any problem with them falling over, legs bending, or anything like that. The only problem I have is that the "Visors" on the front, where the driver can look out, are stickers. If I remember correctly, the vintage version actually had these "cut out. Am I right on this??? JarJar, where are you???? :D

Nope! I have the vintage one and they are stickers too! Sorry to burst your bubble!

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 11:48 AM
the POTJ at-st is weak. the POTF2 is better