PDA

View Full Version : Saga figures for $1.90 at Toys "R" Us

jdmarlow
06-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Hello all!

Just came back from TRU Times Square and had a remarkable experience. Clearance figures for $1.90. Here is my story:

TRU had a huge Star Wars Saga Figures isle filled with Luke Bespin, Vader, Luminara, Dex, Yoda, etc. (everything you could want). They also had a big bin off to the side with Super Battle Droids and Anakin Outland Peasants with red stickers saying "CLEARANCE $1.90" and a UPC barcode on them. I had the idea to take off the sticker and use it on one of the other figures (Luke Bespin for example). So I tried it and left it in the bin. Some guy comes over and starts looking for more Luke Bespins. He eventually buys the Luke and one of the cash register ladies rung it up no muss, no fuss. She asked one of her superiors, however, if the Luke was on clearance. So I tried this again with a Luke and Padme (w/ background w/ mole) and took it downstairs to another cash register and a different woman who never suspected a thing rung it up for the cost of $4.11 (for 2 figures). So I did it again with a Yoda and took that home for $2.06. All in all, a remarkable experience of finding the loop holes in large corporate schemes. I did this once in 1997 when TRU put out $2 off stickers that expired but still rung up on registers. Maybe some of you remember at a few Wal-Marts back then, figures were on clearance for $2 and the $2 off sticker coupon still worked so people were getting figures for free.

Forhekset
06-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Wow! Congratulations on ripping off a store.

WesleySr
06-23-2002, 04:13 PM
No kidding, that makes us all look bad.

WesleySr
06-23-2002, 04:14 PM
And just so that you know, that is not considered finding the loop holes in large corporate schemes, it is considered a crime.

Darth Sidious
06-23-2002, 04:53 PM
Yes. Doing something like that is thievery, not being "Cool". You were very lucky you werent caught. :mad:

Beast
06-23-2002, 04:56 PM
Gotta agree with the rest of posters so far. This is definatly not cool. It's not cool at all. Stuff like this is what causes stores to not want to order Star Wars products. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hyena SteelJaw
06-23-2002, 05:11 PM
As is most obvious, I don't get on here and post a whole lot. I think this is #1, in fact. But I do look at the ocassional pictures and trends, being a semi-collector of figures. But in the short time I've been here, I've seen a disturbing trend.

It seems (and hopefully the ratio isn't as bad as I see it) that a lot, a LOT of people on here post about ripping off businesses, deals they got through dishonesty, or try to rip people off via trades. As was said before, you're making everyone look bad, those of you who do it. It makes me embarassed to think that I might be filed with the collecting community when I purchase a figure. And I know, from the replies here, that not everyone acts in the manor that the original posters do. That, at least, gives me some comfort.

Do us all a favor, at least don't post about your dishonest acts so that guests to these boards don't get the wrong ideas. You could be building a bad reputation for everyone on here, not just yourself. I've seen other communities fall to the same trap, thanks to just a handful of wrong doers.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-23-2002, 05:16 PM
That's not fair to all of us. If we pay the actual price, so should you.

saladin
06-23-2002, 05:58 PM
ya thats wrong u should no better, bad enough people think were geeks for collecting.

Darth Narcis
06-23-2002, 06:10 PM
thats pretty funny actually, when a store doesnt know how much items are suppose to be, and is stupid enough to use a seperate bar code that can be transfered.

Beast
06-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth Narcis
thats pretty funny actually, when a store doesnt know how much items are suppose to be, and is stupid enough to use a seperate bar code that can be transfered.
That's not funny at all. He cheated the store out of money they rightfully deserved. They affixed the bar code stickers to the figures they were clearencing out, to make sure they rang up at the correct discounted price. He knowingly cheated the store, and cheated the other collectors in his area, for doing it. Not to mention giving the entire collecting community a black eye for ripping a store off. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jobi
06-23-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Darth Narcis

Not really, How could an employee of a MAJOR STORE IN TIMES SQUARE know exactly how much every single item is supposed to cost? They are not machines (that's the whole point of bar codes) They probably don't know anything about Star Wars and the figs are in the same package. Thieves always slip up and do something(in this case brag about it.)

odi-wan windu
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
that is a disgrace.

InsaneJediGirl
06-23-2002, 07:16 PM
I'd have to agree with you guys.Hope you dont go back in the store and try it again,since switching prices is illegal.:crazed:

LTBasker
06-23-2002, 07:44 PM
You just cheated the collectors at that area also. They clearanced those specific figures for a reason - because they obviously weren't selling as well. So not only have you cheated the store out of a profit, but you've also done it by using the price of clearanced slow-selling stock to get figures that are selling more than those. So if that other stock doesn't get cleared out, that's gonna slow the order of other figures that will be eventual peg-warmers so that TRU may even order less and less and less when more figures stop selling because you were cheap on already cheap figures.

kwyjibo111
06-23-2002, 07:49 PM
The term for that is theft by deception, it is a crime.

jdmarlow
06-23-2002, 08:06 PM
In light of my recent actions I have returned the figures to Toys "R" Us. I realize now that what I did was wrong and you all have given me a new realization about collecting. I'm sorry to have posted a story about such a wrongful action and I hope you guys can forgive me.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Well it's good you made restitution. A true collector would never use illegal privleges to get what they need. Switching the barcode is something a scalper would do. I'm sure you don't want to be considered scalper material. I applaud you for doing the right thing.

Sidiously Darth
06-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Hey, most of us have taken advantage of a situation in our lives that benefited us but was not the proper thing to do. I think it takes a strong person to admit their mistake and correct it. Good job!

Darth Sidious
06-23-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by jdmarlow
In light of my recent actions I have returned the figures to Toys "R" Us. I realize now that what I did was wrong and you all have given me a new realization about collecting. I'm sorry to have posted a story about such a wrongful action and I hope you guys can forgive me.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say, its no problem. :) We all think of doing things like that, but you returned them and did the right thing. That shows character. Youve taken your first step into a larger world, as Obi-Wan would say...

hango fett
06-23-2002, 09:19 PM
i had an expireince with price switching...but not with star wars and not how you think. you see....it was a lego back in 95-96. i had a coupon for 3 dollars off and the tag on the box said 6.95 and there was no hard plasstic price thing on the shelves either. the whole lot was like that. we went up to the checkout and it rang up at 15.96. my dad was PO'd. he asked to see the manager because the person wouldn't give us the price it said. we finaly got out of there (a k-mart) and went home. it ended up being 6.95 like the tag said. the next week we went in there and all of them had the correct price.....was that a bad thing to do? i'll take it back...;)
peace
hango

hango fett
06-23-2002, 09:21 PM
by the way.......your forgivin by me....not that my opinoin matters :(
;)
peace
hango

jobi
06-23-2002, 09:24 PM
No Hango you did nothing wrong. They have to sell it for the lowest price tag on the box.

vulcantouch
06-23-2002, 09:27 PM
[EDITED]

mod note:Yeah that was a little bad. Try to keep it clean guys:rolleyes:

Beast
06-23-2002, 09:30 PM
VT, that's kinda a blue joke for a family forum. You may wanna edit that, before a mod decides to, or just closes the thread. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

vulcantouch
06-23-2002, 09:32 PM
:rolleyes:

BillyJAck
06-24-2002, 05:45 AM
All you people make me laugh with your talk of thats "illegal" pllllllllllleeeeeaaaaaaassssseee...Murder is illegal, Rape is illegal, Stealing a car is illegal..... I seriously doubt that any store in the world would summon the police to the scene cause you bent a card or changed prices the most they would do is make you leave or ban you. YOu guys sound like some scared rabbits. "Ewwww lets not rip off the billion dollar mega corporation out of $4 dollars it illegal"......Next you guys are going to be defending banks, insurance companies, and the IRS as good honest things that are out for our best interests....sheeeshh. Yet switching prices is morally wrong....you should have just coughed up the right price...and I agree with what LT said. by switching them you just left abunch of anakins and droids there that will never sell...and then the chain reaction or the theory of chaos should kick in and no new figures will get ordered cause crap is clogging the pegs. Just be honest and everything works good in my experience or from a certain point of view.

BillyJAcK

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
All you people make me laugh with your talk of thats "illegal" pllllllllllleeeeeaaaaaaassssseee...Murder is illegal, Rape is illegal, Stealing a car is illegal..... I seriously doubt that any store in the world would summon the police to the scene cause you bent a card or changed prices the most they would do is make you leave or ban you.

Let's see, you know vandalism is illegal right?
Ok, consider this: You don't own the property of the mechandise while the store does until you pay the amount + tax (if there is tax) on it, then it's yours and you can do whatever with it. However, if you do NOT purchase it, then it still the store's propery that you are damaging purposely, which is called vandalism.

It's not a new in the law, it's been around for a while, and damaging store merchandise just happens to fall under it.

WesleySr
06-24-2002, 06:25 AM
A crime is a crime, no matter how big or small it is. It would be the same as going into a convience store and stealing a pack of $.25 bubble gum and your reasoning being "It's only a quarter."

gibbspaulus
06-24-2002, 07:12 AM
Is this the same forum that recently okay'd physically attacking scalpers, or swiping from their baskets? Just checking as when I pointed out where that was wrong I was shouted down.

BillyJAck
06-24-2002, 07:42 AM
Don't take what i said out of context. But seriously I laugh at all of you with you illegal crap. It might be but its ridiculous and nobody would ever get convicted on such a silly charge. I saw something like this happen years ago when a kid had took a price tag gun from k mart and was marking his figure down then hiding the price tag gun. He got caught and they made him pay the real price then they banished him from the store. Its wrong to do what this guy did by switching tags so he could get Luke and Yoda. I don't endorse that or support him it was wrong. He should have just paid the right price. But stop with the "illegal" talk its so stupid i want to bust out laughing. ITs very wrong and might fall under the law but according to the law its illegal to cuss in public also...jtlyk :)

Jedi Drew
06-24-2002, 07:53 AM
I wonder if he actually returned the figures or is just saying that he did to make us all feel WARM and FUZZY:confused: :confused: What you did with the price switching was wrong and IF you did return the figures good job.;) ;)

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
Don't take what i said out of context. But seriously I laugh at all of you with you illegal crap. It might be but its ridiculous and nobody would ever get convicted on such a silly charge. I saw something like this happen years ago when a kid had took a price tag gun from k mart and was marking his figure down then hiding the price tag gun. He got caught and they made him pay the real price then they banished him from the store. Its wrong to do what this guy did by switching tags so he could get Luke and Yoda. I don't endorse that or support him it was wrong. He should have just paid the right price. But stop with the "illegal" talk its so stupid i want to bust out laughing. ITs very wrong and might fall under the law but according to the law its illegal to cuss in public also...jtlyk :)

The thing about it is that scalpers COULD get busted on illegal charges - which would make them pay.
Also, when scalpers do "illegal" things inside the store with SW figures, it does give collectors bad names because employees don't stop and think about the differences.

Another thing is that if it gets pointed out that it's illegal, it has a chance of catching on and then intimidating people not to do it.

How would you feel if you saw a scalper in the aisle crunching up a bunch of new figures (including hurting the figures inside) because they can't afford them and then only getting a tap on the wrist by the employees for doing so? I'd rather see that jerk get fined.

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Yeah... that is totally shoplifting. I worked in Music Retail for YEARS. Price switching is SO not cool. Oh, And BillyJack, someone HAS been convicted of that. We prosecuted three different people on two separate occasions. They had switched pices on what SHOULD have been $200 worth of merchandise. They were all $14.99+ discs and the shoplifters put discount rack stickers on them. It's not so ridiculous for them as they had to pay a fine, court costs and were sentenced to 60 days in the can WITHOUT any chance of getting the jailtime waived.

BillyJAck
06-24-2002, 09:02 AM
I'm talking strickly toys here. Action figures...no electronics or cds or dvds or video games. just toys. And LT if i ever see anyone bending cards or anything i'm always get the manager unless i want to blackmail them out of whats in their cart as i did last week. and i think next time i'll tell on them anyway just too see how illegal it is...

billyjack

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 09:20 AM
It depends on the store owner and also the municipality. All of the stores from ZanyBrainy (a toy store) to PetSmart have prosectued people. It really depends on the total $$$$ . I think all of the stores in that city prosecuted if the amount was over $100.00 otherwise, they did just get banned from the store and any of the other store in the chain in that metro area.

SNAYSON
06-24-2002, 09:55 AM
i don't beleive the figures were returned, but it's nice to know the TRU times square has selected saga figures on clearance.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 10:51 AM
The question now is will other TRUs put their SAGA or POTJ figures on clearance soon?

JEDIpartner
06-24-2002, 11:48 AM
I certainly hope so. It seems like the TRUs around here have full pegs still!!! It seems like the Big K-Marts have been the only ones successful in reducing "overstock".

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I certainly hope so. It seems like the TRUs around here have full pegs still!!! It seems like the Big K-Marts have been the only ones successful in reducing "overstock".

But they've gone to the other extreme. My KMart isn't ordering any more according to one manager. All they have are a bunch of deluxe Leias and about 6 saga figures. Oh well. It's not like I would find good stuff there anyways.

jdmarlow
06-24-2002, 03:25 PM
Hello. I would like to send a reply to those doubting the fact that I returned the figures. I want you to know that I did in fact really return them. I'm not a scalper or a bad person. I just wanted to save a buck and I see where that has gotten me. I was fortunate not to get in trouble, but I still feel very bad about it. So I want to asure you who are in doubt that the figures were ACTUALLY returned. It takes a heartless individual to do what I did. But it takes a BAD person to then go ahead and lie about it.

Lman316
06-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by jdmarlow
Hello. I would like to send a reply to those doubting the fact that I returned the figures. I want you to know that I did in fact really return them. I'm not a scalper or a bad person. I just wanted to save a buck and I see where that has gotten me. I was fortunate not to get in trouble, but I still feel very bad about it. So I want to asure you who are in doubt that the figures were ACTUALLY returned. It takes a heartless individual to do what I did. But it takes a BAD person to then go ahead and lie about it.

Not to start a fight here...but if you did actually return them (which I, myself, doubted), but are those other bar codes still attached to those figures? It's really going to do a lot of good if they put them back out with the bar codes still attached and someone else (unsuspectingly) buys them again at that price...

And on the subject that this isn't illegal, like h*ll it's not! That would be like you taking a Saga figure, running up to and past the registers and throwing a dollar, or a partial payment at the cashier and leaving the store. Just because you paid a little bit of the price, doesn't mean that you're not stealing.
Okay, I'm finished....no more ranting will I do on this thread. I have others I can meddle in.

End...

BobaFett
06-24-2002, 05:24 PM
Well, I kind of believe him, but he's not as bad as this guy:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9565&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

hango fett
06-24-2002, 05:26 PM
is it just me, or do i sense unrest in here....chill out people...(not being rude or anything..) :rolleyes:
peace
hango

Lman316
06-24-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by BobaFett
Well, I kind of believe him, but he's not as bad as this guy:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9565&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Actually, had he kept those figures, he would have been just as bad. It's like I said about taking a figure, running out of the store, but throwing back a dollar. The figures he picked up were not marked for the lower price, yet he felt he could pay that amount for them anyway.
That would be like saying, "Oh, they have these wrestling figures (just an example) here for $7.99, but the Star Wars figures are only $4.99. Well, I'm only going to pay $4.99 for the wrestling figures..." That's still stealing. He/she would not be paying the price intended for those toys.

[i]Originally posted by hango fett
is it just me, or do i sense unrest in here....chill out people...(not being rude or anything..)

It's not something to simply "chill out" about. I'm sorry, but like what the guy did in Boba Fett's link, this hurts everyone in the collecting community. Stealing raises prices, hinders or haults shipments of toys all together - it's just not right. And if someone can be made to feel bad enough about it that they "right the wrong" so to speak, well that's good, and should be encouraged, IMO.
And why is it that people can't be mad anymore? I know this is a little off topic, but it seems that here, and everywhere else nowadays, people are not allowed to be angry.
For those of you who watch it, this was discussed on Politically Incorrect with Bill Mahr (don't really like him, but I watch for the debates). But it's true......we're never allowed to express anger. And I think on an open forum (with the exception of pointless name calling and cursing or anything else like that) we should be allowed to express our feelings on such matters. I see no harm in expressing my anger that someone had risen the cost of figures for me....if that's the actual case. I know he said he returned them, and I'm not speaking about him directly anymore, but just in general...that's all.

End...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-25-2002, 12:36 AM
On a related topic . . .

In late August of last year, our local Wal-Mart took all the POTJ pegwarmers (Porkins, Bespin Leia, Chewie Mechanic) and clearanced them at $3 a fig. Problem was, one the new shipment of figures came in (I believe it was the Ketwol wave, which came late to that particular store) the prices rang up $3 even though they were new figures. The Luke X-wing wave, I presume but never actually saw and thus verified, and the FX-7 and Zutton wave showed up for that same $3 price (reg price $6.44) despite the fact they were new waves.

It was early this year (March?), that I found several EpII preview figures (retail price $6.44 at first, then $5.88) returned to the store. How did I know they were returned? Because I saw Zuttons and other figures in the EpII packaging. Whomever returned those to the store, probably paid $3 for those Zuttons and other figures. They most likely bought the EpII preview fig for $6.44, opened it and took out the figure, replaced it with a Zutton, sealed it back up, returned it to the poor ladies at the customer service who wouldn't know the difference between a Bounty Hunter and a Jedi, and pocketed $6.44 despite the fact he only coughed up $3 for Zutton thus, he actually made money ($3.44) and pocketed a Star Wars figure to boot. The Zuttons sat on the shelving for months but luckily someone picked it up.

Anyway while reading the police report in April or May, a young man was arrested for switching price tags on Star Wars figures at Wal-Mart. It said somehow, he switched it so he could pay only $28 worth of merchandise instead of the $40something that it was actually was worth. He was arrested and banished from the store. Don't know the circumstances of his switch, but he got caught and I am guessing that it was this same crook who switched the Zuttons and other figures.

QLD
06-25-2002, 01:26 AM
Why am I not surprised.

Beast
06-25-2002, 01:29 AM
I think you can force choke him now, QLD. But I have firsties. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
06-25-2002, 01:32 AM
Well, since you are a Dark Master, and I am a lowly Sith Lord......go ahead....but just save me a little.

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by kitfistosithlord
Dar Argol, do us a favor and shut this unlawful thing down! It talking about breaking the law! THANKS

Actually it's talking about things that you shouldn't do not just because they're flat-out wrong and stupid, but because they are illegal. If this was an "unlawful" thread it would be us plotting to break the law.

QLD
06-25-2002, 01:44 AM
Tell us something we didn't already know about you.

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 02:08 AM
I agree. And it is true, stealing hurts everyone. It gives the honest collectors a bad name, and it forces the stores to raise their prices which hurts everyone.

2-1B
06-25-2002, 02:15 AM
kitfistosithlord, are you Geonosian aka Kit Fristo?
Just curious . . . :)

Yes, swapping stickers and such is bad news. It's the same as taking money out of the cash register when the clerk isn't looking . . . if the toys are worth getting, they're worth paying for. :)

chubbychicken
06-25-2002, 02:24 AM
wow thats pretty crazy stuff haha with me i would pay any amount they have for the figures that i wanted

aikman
06-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Wow.

Lotsa justice league members here I see.

Enough with the holier than thou attitudes and lectures.
Put the soap boxes away.

hango fett
06-25-2002, 09:22 AM
i think we should just focus on the positive and let go your hatred! yes! to obi-wan you listen! (?)
peace
hango

Lman316
06-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by aikman
Wow.

Lotsa justice league members here I see.

Enough with the holier than thou attitudes and lectures.
Put the soap boxes away.

Nope, gonna keep my soap box right here.
These are all just examples of a moral slide/dive that this country/world has been taking for a while now. And, you know, I live here too, and I'm tired of crap like this. If I ever...and I mean ever see someone attempt to steal something, I'll tackle them there and make sure they get punished.

End..:crazed:.

Jedi_Rainman
06-25-2002, 09:35 AM
People who steal, esspecially the lego thiefs really can tick us all off. All that means is higher prices and less stock for us collectors!

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 10:27 AM
what a good deal on super battle droids. i picked up a bunch! even for that price they seem to be moving slow! Oh well, more for me to get today. I'm giving people a chance to pick up a few, but i will continue to get more each day until they run out!

i have to agree about people who steal. a kid who steals doesn't know any better but as a adult, they should know better. stealing leads to higher prices and less stock.

Forhekset
06-25-2002, 10:43 AM
I wish some store would put the Royal Guards on mega-clearance so I could pick up another 20 or so. :D

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 10:47 AM
you have 20 royal gurads?

Forhekset
06-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
you have 20 royal gurads?

Hrm, no. I have 4 right now (bought 8, traded 4 away). I meant that I would like another 20 in addition to what I have.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm glad to see so many people in opposition to stealing on this board. It's good to surround yourself with people of good moral character.

Yes many of us complain about how high prices are, but taking things is no justification around high prices. We all know the ages-old debate about supply vs. demand so let's just agree that if something isn't worth the $, leave it for clearance or for someone who's willing to pay.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 11:21 AM
i hate people who steal. i used to work in a toy store when i was in college and loved nabbing shop lifters! it irritaes me that they have to steal something they want but do not want to pay for it! sure getting stuff for free is good but stealing is not getting something for free, it leads to higher prices for future products and less supply of cool stuff we collectors want to get! If you want it, pay for it!

odi-wan windu
06-25-2002, 11:24 AM
here here!

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset

Hrm, no. I have 4 right now (bought 8, traded 4 away). I meant that I would like another 20 in addition to what I have.

i would like to see other figures go to $1.90 clearance.

let's see, the royal guard, genosian warrior & clone trooper are a few in my mind.

i would like the endor soldiers and massif but they just came out so $4.99 is justafiable right now.

187-Maul
06-25-2002, 11:32 AM
I would even but some SBD for 1.90$
I still have to pay 8 euros minimum for them if I want one

heroclixplayer
06-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Yes, stealing is wrong! Hey Kids, Don't steal! And i would like to be around positive energy for once. And that 1.90 thing?? forget that, i want them to be .99 cents! lol rofl

Yoda'sMaster
06-25-2002, 02:34 PM
what is rofl?
but anyways stealings bad plus its illeagle so yeah dont steal!

heroclixplayer
06-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Rolling on floor laughing is what it means!

odi-wan windu
06-25-2002, 02:45 PM
lmao.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by heroclixplayer
Yes, stealing is wrong! Hey Kids, Don't steal! And i would like to be around positive energy for once. And that 1.90 thing?? forget that, i want them to be .99 cents! lol rofl

I WOULD BE EVEN HAPPIER IF IT WAS .99 CENTS!

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 08:53 PM
well, went back to times square TRU. the bin is getting thin now. Picked up more super battle droids for 1.90. willcheck t'morrow if there are more. If anyone is in the times square area, pick some up before they are gone, cause i will be back there t'morrow buying more super battle droids! great army builder for that price!

when are the POTJ peg warmers going to go down in price?

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 09:01 PM
Never I guess, a Wal-Mart here still has (literally) a peg full of Jek Porkins for $5.88 each.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Never I guess, a Wal-Mart here still has (literally) a peg full of Jek Porkins for $5.88 each.

that sucks! i hope they go down soon.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 06:54 AM
I call Shenanigans!!! That's just plain thievery! For shame!:mad:

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 08:28 AM
times square TRU has added senator Jar Jar binks into there $1.90 clearance bin! WHat will be next? (i hope the clone troopers or the MASSIVE wall full of POTJ pegwarmers they have!)

chubbychicken
06-28-2002, 03:03 AM
wow people r still posting on this one? wow must be a sin to sw collectors to do that haha

SNAYSON
06-28-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by chubbychicken
wow people r still posting on this one? wow must be a sin to sw collectors to do that haha

?????????:confused: ?????????

Mandalorian Candidat
06-28-2002, 10:53 AM
I asked a manager at my local TRU yesterday about any potential clearances on POTJ or SAGA figures. She said there was no clearance in the forseeable future. :(

Let's just hope she has really bad vision...