PDA

View Full Version : jango final battle/kamino escape custom/swapout consultation

vulcantouch
06-23-2002, 10:04 PM
howdy you figure nutheads ;)
i just scored the fb jango, & i've had the kamino jango for a while. i've not opened either yet, however, in case the price Continues to drop & i can return em & save a purty penny :greedy: meanwhile, i got a idea while lookin at em thru their bubbles:
fb hango's right forearm is most accurate and ke hango's left is most accurate. meanwhile, fb's left forearm is most "playable", what with its fireball launcher & all, and ke jango's right is most playable, with its grappler.
anyhoo my idear is, i think it'd be cool if i could consolidate the most playable and most accurate features on each figure. i'd swap out left forearms, thereby yielding an fb jango that didn't have popeye-lookin forearms ;) meanwhile, ke jango would get both the fireballer And the grappler (& also workin holsters and rocketpak), whose functions i may even devise a way to combine (i.e. a Shooting grappler, courtesy the spring in the left wrist :evil: i might have to sacrifice the fireball to do this but i prolly won't care cuz i think the fireball looks dumb anyway :p ).
since i haven't opened mines yet, i was hopin maybe one of you gutsy figure customizers/experimenters could tell me: are their left forearms interchangeable? will their "elbow joints" separate without bein damaged and, once that's done, are they compatible w/the other figure's socket?
eagerly awaiting y'alls expertise or opinions :)
mm nuthead (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=24) vt

DeadEye
06-23-2002, 10:41 PM
On KE Jango you'd have no problems at all, nor for FB Jango's right arm.
But FB Jango's left arm is straight, one solid mass. You'd have to break it to take a part off.

vulcantouch
06-24-2002, 10:31 AM
after posting above mssg i gotta closer look at fb hango's left arm & saw its single-piece structure :rolleyes:
ok, thus my quextion becomes: can their right forearms be easily swapped out?
for that matter, can their Entire left arms be easily swapped out?
thanx agin :D
vt

DeadEye
06-24-2002, 10:37 AM
Well if you pull hard enough anything will pop out. :rolleyes:

Boil the figure in hot water and it will be very easy to remove the
(fore)arms.

vulcantouch
06-24-2002, 10:48 AM
(oops, better be careful (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=116671#post116671) :rolleyes: anyone wanna know what my harmless original joke was email & i'll lyk :D )
boilin eh? that's a good idear, thanx :D i wonder if it'd work on the whole arm at the shoulder-joint? seems unlikely.

Forhekset
06-24-2002, 10:53 AM
I was going to say, why don't you just swap the entire arms? And shouldn't this be in the customizing forum? :)

vulcantouch
06-24-2002, 11:13 AM
there's a customizing forum? well whadyaknow, i learn somethin new evvyday :) but would something as unelaborate as this qualify as customizing? if i posted there wouldn't they Laugh at me for botherin such accomplished customizers with such a simple thing? (maybe they'd tease me by saying "hey vt, why doncha ask us about swapping Guns between figures and call That customizing?" :cry: ;) )
vt

Forhekset
06-24-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
there's a customizing forum? well whadyaknow, i learn somethin new evvyday :) but would something as unelaborate as this qualify as customizing? if i posted there wouldn't they Laugh at me for botherin such accomplished customizers with such a simple thing? (maybe they'd tease me by saying "hey vt, why doncha ask us about swapping Guns between figures and call That customizing?" :cry: ;) )
vt

Heh, well I posted in the customizing forum asking for advice on doing a couple of headswaps (as I had never done anything of the sort before) so that I could make a custom Luke and Han in stormtrooper disguise. No one ridiculed me at least, although I didn't get a heck of a lot of responses. ;)

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 11:19 AM
Yeah VT, it's call the boil & pop method. You boil the figures (or soften them up another way - like with a hairdryer, they have to get soft) in those areas and you pop the arms out and then pop them into the torsos.

Check out http://www.ffurg.com for more info on this, it's the best place I think you can go for this.

vulcantouch
06-26-2002, 12:31 AM
-hey, that's what what She called it last night- OHHHHHHH!! :happy: :evil: :Pirate: :D
thanx for suggestions DUDES (i hate that expression :p ), it's nice to get idears :) guess i'll wait til i open em & have a good look at both until i decide whether i'm gonna swap their left arms or their right forearms. meanwhile, if anyone else gives this a try lmk how it goes :D
vt

Bent Wookie
07-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Well, I left a message in the customs forum about body swapping on figures (possibly even less work or imagination than boil & pop) so I'll let you know how it goes. Everyone has to start somewhere, and usually customizers are eager to share their advice. It is after all a complement you're paying them. :)

Now watch someone will tell me to go soak my own head and boil and pop! ;)

Forhekset
07-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Hey VT, how about some pics of your new Jango?

vulcantouch
07-25-2002, 10:27 AM
(still tryina figure out how to abbreviate your name for my lazy-typin-azzz :zzz: )
pix? i'd be happy to; alas, i'm a pretty low-tech kinda guy in that i have neither scanner nor digicam, nor even the techxpertise to add an attachment to one of my posts here (hell, the computer i usually use doesn't even have a sound card; not that i'm complaining- i get the job done- i just can't be bothered to go beyond the basics, i got a life to lead cha-cha ;) )
however, r2dee2, warstar & i've had semi-plans for a coupla months now to get together Sometime this summer, and in the past dee2's always thoughtfully brought along her digicam to document said fun get2gethers (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm), so i promise when that does go down i'll be sure to bring along my ss jango for the richard avedon treatment (do you also want pics of my lameass pf jango? ;) )
vt
p.s. ain't anyone gonna answer above quextion about protocol swapping? maybe mods should Still transfer this thred to customizing :rolleyes:

LTBasker
07-25-2002, 04:37 PM
so i promise when that does go down i'll be sure to bring along my ss jango for the richard avedon treatment (do you also want pics of my lameass pf jango? ;) )
vt
p.s. ain't anyone gonna answer above quextion about protocol swapping? maybe mods should Still transfer this thred to customizing :rolleyes:

Yeah, both Jangos, just to see what they look like. :D Should be interesting...

Dar' Argol
09-21-2002, 09:55 PM
hey mod, since you're quick enough to delete my harmless jokeyjokes 3 minutes after they're posted, how bout gettin round to above matter already :rolleyes:

Ok, I know I'm 2-3 months later on this one, and I really do not know how I missed this one:confused:. Sorry VT, its moved now:D

vulcantouch
10-02-2002, 11:34 PM
. . .it seems the move or some other glitch has resulted in the deletion of the post (#10.5 or 11.5 by the current count- not sure offhand) in which i detailed my results and from which the quote in your above post was drawn. plz remedy if you can, i'd hate to hafta retype it from my long-since-archived printup :eek:
vt

ACPin
10-02-2002, 11:47 PM
. . .it seems the move or some other glitch has resulted in the deletion of the post (#10.5 or 11.5 by the current count- not sure offhand) in which i detailed my results and from which the quote in your above post was drawn. plz remedy if you can, i'd hate to hafta retype it from my long-since-archived printup :eek:
vt
Since this thread has been moved to the correct forum, those posts were not appropriate to the thread anymore.

Please keep the discussion about the subject you posted.

JediTricks
10-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Because this is mostly a chatty, loose thread about the figures, I'm going to move it back to the Saga forum because the Customizing forum is for more technical discussions.

vulcantouch
01-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Finally got pics of custom jango (along w/cutsom commtech stormy using sandtrooper pcs) you can view (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/vtime2003customfigs_8words.JPG) :cool: process detailed here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=188289#post188289) in case interested :)
also: the rocket r2 i customized by adding r2r9's red lightpipe (pictured here (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/r2figswindow_7.JPG) alongside cool silver r2 r2dee2 gave me, thanx to her also for tech assist :D ). remarx welcome as always-
vt