PDA

View Full Version : May I ask another question?

britcit3
09-30-2001, 03:55 PM
Hello all

I am not a completist, but I have started collecting ALL droid figures.

What price is a fair price to pay for an EU Dark Trooper and can you buy them on line without having to go through auction.

Your thanks

Britcit3

Lobito
10-01-2001, 04:46 PM
If the Dark Trooper is very scarce there then $10 would be an ok deal, now if they give it to you higher than that and u say u are a no completist collector, then let it pass and wait for a better deal.

GNT
10-04-2001, 11:41 AM
Depends on how much you want it and how much your willing to spend to get it :)

JediCole
10-04-2001, 01:39 PM
Check out various auction sites (Yahoo, eBay), Yahoo and other classified ads (like here on SSG), and even local flea markets and (if there are any) toy or comic shows. Above all, if you don't want to spend "top dollar", be patient. I'm about to trade a B-Wing for an Eopie w/Qui-Gon Beast Pack that I refused to spend $100 plus for, so I come out not too bad in the long run. It took a long time to find that deal, but I found it eventually.

Fixer
10-10-2001, 12:27 PM
I thought the Dark Trooper was just a guy in a suit, like the other troopers. Hey, I may have saved you $10!

Lord Malakite
10-10-2001, 09:00 PM
The Dark Trooper is a cyborg (part human, part droid), plus he also capable of limited force abilities

The_Collector
10-12-2001, 02:48 PM
Malakite: Where did you hear that? I've always assumed from DF1 that the DarkTrooper is just a super assasin droid. Where does he have force abilitys?

Lobito
10-12-2001, 03:40 PM
Yep, the Dark Forces PC game story line states that he is indeed a droid...which BTW satets 3 stages...the EU version we got is the latest version. But i never heard b4 he had force abilities, nor that he was a cyborg...:eek:

LTBasker
10-12-2001, 04:25 PM
I do believe he is just a droid and that the Space Trooper is half human, half cyborg. (I dunno, I don't read many comics)

Lord Malakite
10-12-2001, 06:43 PM
I,m pretty certain they mention it in the Star Wars Encylopedia.

Jargo
10-13-2001, 01:44 PM
That'll be Steve 'innaccuracies' Sansweet for you then. :)

Britcit3, try buying from toypalace Germany. They have a massive amount of stuff that when you compare the prices to American prices are relly competitive. If you really want a dark trooper I would have a look there. Also try Redpumpkin.com I may be wrong but I think I saw one in their stock list recently.
Failing that try pocornlive.co.uk who refreshingly only sell to us Brits. they may have one. I wouldn't pay more than 15 for one personally as I'm sure if you scout round you can find a dealer who doesn't really know what they have in their hands. :)

britcit3
10-14-2001, 01:16 PM
Thanks EJ

Just scored a Dark Trooper from the US for $20 - so not too bad.

Incidentlally, just been to a toy fair at the Birmingham NEC today (Sun) - huge amount of stuff there (also got a B'Omarr Monk) and Red Pumpkin had a stall there - nice chaps.

Cheers

BC3

Jargo
10-14-2001, 03:06 PM
Gah! I've been after a B'omarr monk for ages. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I'm just curious about pricings at the moment. I want to work out what I can expect to pay based on the average between several retailers and online stores. :)

As an example, even though they have none in stock, toypalace Germany had them listed at roughly 19. Which seemed more than equitable to me.

master jedi
10-14-2001, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

I got both of mine for free.

Jargo
10-14-2001, 08:44 PM
I sense a large sellar of salt being metaphorically poured into an open wound here... ;)

Actually toypalace got them back in stock and I ordered one so if it arrives I'll be happy. I also picked up a Zuckuss from there for about 15. half what I was expecting to pay based on prices I've been quoted here in the good old UK where they're scarcer than a horny nun. :)

britcit3
10-17-2001, 12:18 PM
Sorry for the tardiness of my response.

20 for the B'Omarr - I thought that that was OK.

Dark Troopers & Space Troopers were going for 25 (got mine cheaper in US).

The real find at the NEC however was 2 droid action figs from the movie THE BLACK HOLE - I got a gun slinger robot and Maxamillian (? spelling - the bad *** droid with the spinning cutter hands) - both for only 12. They are both the same size as Star Wars figs and will take pride of place in my forthcoming "My Kick *** Droid Action Figure Collectio" site.

Cheers

BC3

britcit3
10-17-2001, 12:20 PM
What the hell is with the *** business - this surely can't qualify as a swear word.

BC3

Jargo
10-17-2001, 07:40 PM
apparently so.

I don't feel too bad for paying 19 for that B'omarr monk now then. call it 2 shipping on top and it seems fair to me. Incidentaly i got my Eopie from thetoyshop.com today in mint condition. They really are the best when it comes to shipping stuff out. :) Shame I'm a loose collector really, I'm sure there's a boxed collector somewhere cursing cuz they can't find one and here's me just ripping it out of the box. Oh well, I've been playing with it all day and have it with me at the PC right now. I love the little buggar. Don't know why but I do. I have another one on order from another store I dare not mention so I'll get back to you on that - if I ever get the delivery that is. :)

Oh, and redpumpkin didn't have the darktrooper after all. I went back and rooted round but I was mistaken. I know I've seen them somewhere in biggish quantities. trouble is there's so many online stores theses days it's hard to keep track of who has what and at what price.