PDA

View Full Version : Prequels, Stories a little too rich.

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 12:26 PM
It seems to me that alot of the storylines and charchter invlovements of the prequels we have been seen being made seem more involved than they should be. I mean for example, Smallville, awesome show love it alot, it just seems like there is too much going on for what should have happened, I mean Metropolis in Kansas and Lex Luthor ALWAYS being there, always having to fight some supervillian. It just doesn't seem practical and feels out of place. The Superman story began with a few moments of beginning in Smallville but the real story was after. It just seems to rich for it to be that way otherwise that is where it would have started and progressed further firstmost, but it didn't, until now.

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 12:49 PM
Audiences seem to be not looking for common sense and intelligence - just alot of action, CGI and girls.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm not really into Smallville, but from what I've watched I agree. I think the show's writers just have to give a lot of bang for the audience. They're not just going to show Clark in his teenage agnst trying to get up the nerve to ask out Lana Lang for the Friday night hayride. If they did that or other piddly plot lines then why even have the show.

That's a good point. Why even have this show?

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I'm not really into Smallville, but from what I've watched I agree. I think the show's writers just have to give a lot of bang for the audience. They're not just going to show Clark in his teenage agnst trying to get up the nerve to ask out Lana Lang for the Friday night hayride. If they did that or other piddly plot lines then why even have the show.

That's a good point. Why even have this show?
Almost in a way we could say this about the new SW trilogy but there has always been that story line structure so they are not writing anything new, just fulfuling the story but the some of the elements as having Boba Fett as a little kid and C-3PO being in EPS1 because Anikin built him seems that they threw it in there just for the sake of putting those charachters there. For all we know really Boba Fett or 3PO really may have had nothing to do with anything going on in the prequels. It seems their story began with ANH. GL just did that to give it actual substance that really may not have exsisted in his original vision of EPS 1,2,3.

QLD
06-24-2002, 03:18 PM
GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

CGI WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did someone say something? :D

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

CGI WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!