PDA

View Full Version : will you get AOTC on dvd AND video?

hango fett
06-24-2002, 04:42 PM
we will defintly (me and my dad) get them on both. one reason is because my room doesn't have a dvd player. but i can't wait to watch the documentary on how they made AOTC!what do you guys think?
peace
hango

Beast
06-24-2002, 04:45 PM
I will only be getting the VHS version, if it's the theatrical version, widescreen, and is released in a special collector's set like TPM was. I liked the film frames and packaging for that version. As for what I will watch, I will only watch the DVD version, since the picture will be clearer, there will be Audio Commentary, and not to mention a whole disk of extras. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
06-24-2002, 05:01 PM
As long as the DVD has everything (or more) of the VHS tape, they better not put features on the VHS that is not on the DVD. But knowing them they probably will.:frus:

Jek Porky 2002
06-24-2002, 05:51 PM
I will definatly get both, the two versions of the VHS for displaying with my TPM and numerous Trilogy videos, and the DVD, because I swore I would never buy another VHS (appart from Star Wars) when I bought my DVD player and saw the quality.

LTBasker
06-24-2002, 08:54 PM
I'll get both, cause when my sister's home she likes to play the PS2 so with the VHS I could still watch it. :D

Gotta have the DVD though, any SW fan who doesn't get E2 on DVD when they have a choice between VHS and DVD, is nutsy. ;)

DarthBrandon
06-24-2002, 09:29 PM
I'll be buying for sure, both DVD and VHS.

Exhaust Port
06-24-2002, 10:54 PM
DVD only. It keeps more money free for another purchase.

2-1B
06-24-2002, 11:24 PM
I will buy both. :)
I only have 1 DVD player, so I'll take advantage of the versatility of having both.

Plus, I'm weird about having to fill in the holes of the VHS series now that they streamlined the packaging with the 2000 OT rerelease and the TPM video.

DeadEye
06-25-2002, 08:39 AM
I'll probably get both, since I have the other 4 on VHS and TPM also on DVD.

hango fett
06-25-2002, 09:36 AM
this is the exact kind of responses i anticipated!thanx for answering my question all!
peacey
hango

187-Maul
06-25-2002, 10:12 AM
first I'll get it on dvd and later maybe on VHS too if I have enough cash cause the prices are not that good here as in the US so that's why

Jonna
06-25-2002, 10:24 AM
Well, I'll just get what ever has more on it. Probably the DVD.

Obi-Don
06-25-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh yes, I will have both. This way I can watch it in my bed room and in the living room.

Darth Shifty
06-25-2002, 01:59 PM
I'll definately get the DVD first, then I'll check out the features on the VHS. If the VHS has anything the DVD doesn't include, I'll probably pick it up too.

billfremore
06-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Definately the DVD, my days of buying VHS have ended.
Although if they package it like the TPM one then I'll have to agree with JarJar and buy it too.

Damn those Lucasfilm marketing demons! :D:crazed:

Beast
06-25-2002, 02:13 PM
I still wanna trade my film frames away for one featuring Jar Jar Binks. The one I got was Anakin looking sadly back at his mom, before he leaves. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
06-25-2002, 02:40 PM
I will get the DVD, and possibly VHS if it has anything exclusive to it like the Episode I box set did. If it is just like the basic video and nothing special, I will only get the DVD.
Hey Jar Jar, I will check my film frames to see who is on it. If it is Binks, you can have it.

billfremore
06-25-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I still wanna trade my film frames away for one featuring Jar Jar Binks. The one I got was Anakin looking sadly back at his mom, before he leaves. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I got one of Anakin entering his home during the sandstorm...

...thrilling stuff. :rolleyes:

Say Jar Jar, perhaps we could set up some sort of network to trade these things.
I'm sure somebody would be interested in mine :rolleyes:

OneArmedJango
06-25-2002, 02:56 PM
I am going to get it on VHS the day it comes out. I have all the movies on VHS so I want to carry out the tradition. once all 6 movies come out on tape I am thinking of editing all of them together so it would be like a 12 1/2 hore deal. My editing stuff only works with VHS so thats what I'll get
-one

Jek Porky 2002
06-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Does anybody know what the design might look like yet? I hope it's like the TPM and OT videos and the DVD's like the TPM version. Will it be white or black, I think black looks better for the kind of film it is, but it could be white to carry on the pattern of black, white, black, white, black, white.

Your thought's ladies and gentlemen?

plo koon 200
06-26-2002, 12:56 AM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I hav one of Jar Jar sticking out his tongue.

Beast
06-26-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
I hav one of Jar Jar sticking out his tongue.
Ooooo, really? You mean the scene where he raspberries Qui-Gon? Meesa like dat one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Wow I'm surprised. I thought everyone would pretty much just get one version. Pretty much the only reason I bought the Ep1 VHS was because there wasn't supposed to be a DVD of it until all 6 movies were realeased. (VERY thankful George changed his mind on that.:))

I just don't want to spend the extra $ on a VHS version when the DVD has all I want and more.:)

JEDIpartner
06-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Both... nuff said.

evenflow
06-27-2002, 06:19 PM
I will get both. I dont have a DVD player but will buy it anyway for all the special features.

JON9000
06-30-2002, 04:21 PM
DVD only. VHS is lame in comparison, especially with the 5.1 sound available on DVD. All those silly pack ins are a marketing ploy. I refused to buy TPM until the DVD came out and I'm glad Lucas decided to do it. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving. I cannot wait for the others to come out as well! I'm praying for lost anchorhead scenes and other odds and ends to be on those discs.

Lobito
07-04-2002, 06:09 PM
I know i will...most definitely!!!

plo koon 200
07-04-2002, 11:28 PM

Ooooo, really? You mean the scene where he raspberries Qui-Gon? Meesa like dat one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

No I mean actually it is the one where he sticks his tongue out behind his back. Sorryfor the confusion.

Beast
07-04-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
No I mean actually it is the one where he sticks his tongue out behind his back. Sorryfor the confusion.
Ok good, cause thats what I asked. He was giving Qui-Gon the raspberry. Which is slang for sticking your tongue out at someone, etc. I would likely be intrested in it, if I could possibly see a scan? Feel free to send me a PM. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-05-2002, 08:32 AM
sorry jarjar...i got a film frame of when watto is taking qui-gon out back to show him his stuff........i want one of the duel!
hango