PDA

View Full Version : forget colemen tember I want this guy

mylow thehutt
06-24-2002, 06:42 PM
:) his name is pablo Jiil,who else wants him.

saladin
06-24-2002, 06:53 PM
i've been trying to figure out who he is and yes i want him bad

Jek Porky 2002
06-24-2002, 06:55 PM
That's a tough one, I wanted this guy before I even found out his name, but then Colemen Trebor is great, one or the other would be fine, we'll get them all eventually!

TIE Pilot
06-24-2002, 06:58 PM
I saw this guy last night on the Star Wars webiste.. and he is one ~freaky~ lookin' alien! This is the Jedi that I thought resembled Howard The Duck from a distance.

I definitely want to see a figure of him eventually.

Jek Porky 2002
06-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Is Howard The Duck that Lucas movie that was a flop, if so has anyone got any pictures?

Jargo
06-24-2002, 07:50 PM
I thought it was JILL not JIIL. no matter, I think both Pablo-J and Coleman T. are both excellent candidates for figures. Something new to spice things up. i grow tired of the usual suspects in every line up. I know Hasbro thinks we won't buy a wave if it doesn't contain a core character or three dozen but I buy the non core characters more than I do the core ones.

Which jedi are left to produce:

Yaddle the sainted
Oppo Rancisis
Yareal Poof
Even Piell
Depa Billaba
Coleman Trebor
Pablo Jill
Aayla Secura
Stass Allie
Bariss Offee
Madame Jocasta Nu
Jack (youngling from the bear clan)
Mari Amethyst (youngling from the bear clan)
3 alien padawans (younglings from the bear clan)

Then there's neutral poses of:

Luminara Unduli
Eeth Koth
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Nikto Jedi
Shaak Ti

that should be a start. There's also a:

Yoda in his hover pod seat thing.
Mace and Yoda in meditation poses with legs crossed.
A million Anakin and Obi-Wan resculpts.

Plenty plenty plenty to keep Hasbro busy with Jedi for a while, or at least until 2005.

Beast
06-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Don't forget that we are getting Aayla Secura next year, Emporer Jargo. I bet that we will also see a few others of your list getting produced next year, too. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-24-2002, 08:03 PM
Wasn't there a rumor way way way way way way way, i'm talkin' way back in the day about a possible jedi council scene for Episode I?? this is prolly just my wishful imagination, but i swore I heard from somebody back in 99 that this was a possible scene, but never made it. I'm prolly wrong, but imagine how sweet this would be (sigh)

Jargo
06-24-2002, 08:05 PM
I hadn't forgotten but she hasn't got a release date yet so i still class her as a possible maybe. God knows we've seen the sculpts and seen the hardcopy only to see the figure get shelved too many times before. I don't want to tempt fate by asserting anything regarding her.

personally, I think Pablo-Jill looks like they turned JarJar's head upside down and cut off the ears and made it a little uglier. Y'know how the ILM guys like to recycle stuff right? Hmmm, not that I'm insinuating anything about crap designs or anything...... :D
No seriously he does looks seriously ugly and would be really cool to get as long as he's not got some stupid gimmick. Coleman trebor I want because he's huge. Got bigger shoulder pads than Joan Collins in Dynasty!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

There was a rumour and a rumble from hasbro themselves about the possibility of a Jedi council cinema scene at the end of this year beginning of next but I think that's been scotched now. I reckon it'll be deluxe sets and basic carded figures from now on. They seem to sell the deluxe sets fairly well. probably something to do with the price of the sets. A deluxe set costs less than cinema scene to make and package and the retail pricepoint is way lower making it a more attractive proposition all round. basic figures have always done well but cinema scenes were a big turkey financially. I'd rather get two figures done well like the 25th anniversary packs than three sub par figures in a cinema scene.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-24-2002, 08:07 PM
Pardon another dumb question by yours truly, and this Coleman character is....i guess i missed this post previously, is somebody can post a pic or something, please do. thanks

Jargo
06-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Here's Coleman doing his best Highlander impression - "There can be only one..." :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the pic EJ, I can't decide which figure i would like more now!! I like coleman, cause his head is sweet, but a howard the duck like jedi?!?!??!! i'm torn!

Jargo
06-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Here's a close up of pablo that I posted in another thread.

Pablo-Jill (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=115849)

Quite the ugly dude and not very duck like at all when you get up close and personal. :(

Beast
06-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey, Emporer Jargo? You actually like Coleman Trebor now? I thought you hated the charecter so much, for taking Yareal Poof's Jedi Council Set. I swore I also recall you saying you didn't like the look of the charecter either? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
06-24-2002, 09:52 PM
After seeing that close up of Pablo: 1) I'm going to have nightmares and need therapy and 2) I need that figure now.

A'Sharad Hett
06-24-2002, 10:07 PM
I need them both! Any and every jedi, thats my motto. Pablo looks sweet, I still wish he was Howard the Duck, but ah well. Both characters need figures!!

mylow thehutt
06-24-2002, 10:19 PM
:) Yeah I like Gary Temor Colmen,It be cool to get a deulex 2 pack of of these two icons face to facel.EH..EH..EH

hango fett
06-25-2002, 10:24 AM
i want both! they both look cool. they should have a arena battle set with like 5 jedi's in it. 2 dead and 3 alive with lightsabers!
peace
hango

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2002, 12:13 PM
That Pablo Jedi character reminds me of those alien assassins from The Last Starfighter. You know the ones with their eyes sticking out from the sides of their heads.

Jargo
06-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Jar Jar, I hate Coleman for taking the big Qtip's place on the council but i hate Shaak Ti more for assasinating Yaddle.....

Coleman has grown on me since I saw how he dies. I want the arena playset and Coleman so i can have Jango shoot him dead. Plus Coleman is huge and I love the big figures which are more plastic for your money :)
Pablo is just so weird looking they have to make him into a figure. These two are the two remaing weird alien jedi from AOTC we haven't got yet. I know there's still weird alien Jedi from TPM we haven't got yet but hopefully next year.....

In the meantime, let me just say that stupid looking as both these aliens are I'd take both of them over another painful Ewan Mcgregor or hayden Christensen or Samuel Jackson sculpt anyday.:D

evenflow
06-25-2002, 05:42 PM
I really do hope that they make all of the Jedi council members and also all the possible Jedi one could think of. They always are the coolest figures.

Jek Porky 2002
06-25-2002, 06:15 PM
It's not just Jargo who's oppinion has changed on Colman, I remember when the Clone War trailer was released everybody said how boring he looked and how they hated him for taking Yareal Poof's place.

Jargo
06-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Actually I don't think my opinion has changed so much, more like subtley softened. Imbued with further knowledge I percieve things a tad differently than before the movie opened, but retain my disdain for the over all conceptual idea behind the character and the outward actualisation of that design in a three dimensional way through a two dimensional medium.

On reflection and with hindsight, perhaps I and many others were too harsh in our pre-judgements of this character, never having seen him either speak or perform as a Jedi in any arena both literal and metaphorical. We would agree no doubt that in light of recent developments - vis a vis the movie release, we have begun to alter our perceptions of Coleman Trebor to take into account the new information placed before us in this dramatic presentation called Attack of the clones.

From this point on I wish it to be noted that I still think he's a goofy pointless offering that served no purpose in the over all outlay of the plot and visuals but I do concede that his performance leads me to believe him to be a fine contender in the 'make into an action figure' stakes.

His sheer size and stature will add considerable clout to a large array of Jedi fighting figures in play and display, he offers good value for money in that his size will mean a larger figure for the same price as a smaller one like Obi-Wan or Anakin.

I also contend that Pablo-Jill will add something of the same visually striking clout to a Jedi array in that his most striking 'face' will stand out from the crowd and present an awesomely threatening and imposing front. Should Hasbro so deem to make these two characters I will welcome them into my collection as I have many Jedi figures. It would not be a star wars collection without Jedi, for the Jedi form the core of the nub of the center of the saga.

This is not to say I have any particular desire to laud the Jedi characters over and above any other characters I might obtain for my collection. All are equal but some are more equal than others. :)

Aeros Kahn
06-25-2002, 10:05 PM
i would luv to get both but
i want yareal poof more

does anyone know how he died??

and is that true about shak-ti kill yaddle?
if so why did she do that?

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Aeros Kahn
i would luv to get both but
i want yareal poof more

does anyone know how he died??

and is that true about shak-ti kill yaddle?
if so why did she do that?

He's not dead, it's just EU. :happy:

Shaak Ti didn't kill Yaddle that's just a joke because Shaak Ti took Yaddle's spot on the council.

Some people just don't like characters with six-letter names that start with Y. Four letters that start with Y is fun, but six? I guess they just find that as too many.

hango fett
06-25-2002, 10:18 PM
they need to make that girl jedi (the blue girl that walks by when obi is going to yoda in the youngling room...) that would be a good figure if it's done tastefully...
peacey
hango

Aeros Kahn
06-25-2002, 10:30 PM
thank you very much ltbasker

does anyone know a good site that
lists info on the council during the movies and eu
starwars.com wasnt too helpful

Beast
06-25-2002, 10:40 PM
LTBasker just can't admit that they are dead. Emporer Jargo posted in a thread that he started on the death of Yaddle, that one of the official movie books that came out in Britian before EII opened, stated that both Yareal Poof and Yaddle had both died since the events of Episode I. LTBasker's just in denial about it. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7802

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-26-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
they need to make that girl jedi (the blue girl that walks by when obi is going to yoda in the youngling room...) that would be a good figure if it's done tastefully...
peacey
hango

Hango - her name is Aayla Secura and Hasbro has already started work on a figure for her. You can see some VERY early photos of her in the Picture Archive under the Saga section. :)

RooJay
06-27-2002, 07:32 AM
Wow...you mean I was right, and he really wasn't a duck like most seemed to insist?:happy: ;)

Jargo
06-27-2002, 07:59 AM
RooJay, um, why have you got the same quote in your sig line as Jarjar? This doesn't mean what i think it means and there's another bloody clone wandering the boards does it? :eek:

It's all too much, I think I need to go and lie down ina darkened room and dream of dead jedi with clown faces........ :dead: :crazed:

RooJay
06-27-2002, 08:10 AM
LOL
Nope! No clone here! I am definitely one of a kind!

I just thought his sig line was really cool and summed up my views on the subject perfectly, so I asked him if I could use it.;)

Geonosian
06-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Coleman and that duck guy really, really need to be made!!

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 12:17 PM
a new jedi figure. sounds good to me (if they make him)