PDA

View Full Version : What has been your hardest Saga figure to find?

Count Dooku
06-24-2002, 05:42 PM
For me it would have to be Yoda, Count Dooku, and Anakin Hanger Duel.

I found Yoda behind a bunch of pegwarmers. It was the only one in the store and I think it was overlooked because it was so hard to reach and get at.

Dooku was hard at first, but now some are surfacing. Same with Anakin HD. But overall Yoda was extremely hard to find, and you can't find him anywhere anymore. He was so awesome in AOTC that he just gets snapped up whenever he is on the shelf, because everybody has to have him.

Can't say the same about Battle Droids or 3PO, they aren't pegwarmers, they are pegfirepits, they will still be on the shelf when Episode III rolls around.

hango fett
06-24-2002, 05:45 PM
dexter there for a while...dooku, and yoda and ani hd. han solo is rare now.....
peace
hango

ChemOx
06-24-2002, 05:53 PM
I was lucky enough to get Yoda and Dooku, AND HD Anakin early on in the game. Actually, they were the first 3 saga figs that I got. Right now, Obi Wan JSF is the hardest for me.....I just cant find it what so ever.

princethomas
06-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Im the same here in Charleston and Columbia SC.
I see Yoda fairly regularly, but that Dooku and the Guybrush Threepwood Anakin are no where to be found. Whats the deal with that.

-T

Count Dooku
06-24-2002, 05:59 PM
It's funny because it all depends on the area. Some cities have more of one figure than the other and visa verca. Yoda is the one guy however that seems to be never on the shelf all over the place. They finally restocked at a store and there were like 5 or 6 Yodas. The next day I went to take a look for fun, and they were all snapped up, nothing left. He is definately the most popular character from AOTC which is making him hard to find.

Vortex
06-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Dooku's still mr. hardtofind here. Yoda's can be found once in a while, most stores are just starting to get the bespin wave, but if it isn't a battle droid, a nikto jedi, kit, ani, amidala, or obi-wan...its all hard to find.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Can acklay be included in this thread? it's not really a "figure" but it's still harder than all heck to find around here. I had trouble with JSP Obi-Wan, but tracked him down. I was able to get yoda and dooku on 4/23 and haven't seen hardly any of them since. I'm sure stores have cases of them around in the backrooms, but due to pegwarmers galore around cols, they prolly won't make the shelf for a while.

Darth Sidious
06-24-2002, 07:18 PM
The Nexu and Yoda. I have yet to see one of them... Grr... Oh, and I'm now a Sith Initiate. Yay.

odi-wan windu
06-24-2002, 07:22 PM
YODA

Turbowars
06-24-2002, 07:43 PM
ZERO

SuperBattleDroid88
06-24-2002, 07:46 PM
I can't find Chewie, Obi JSF, Chancellor Palpatine, and Djas Puar.. :(

Rogue II
06-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Djas Puhr. I already found Endor Han, and seen Nexu and Deluxe Anakin. I didn't even have this much trouble with Dooku and Yoda.

DJAS PUHR WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!

BlahBlahBlah
06-24-2002, 07:49 PM
It's funny, I look at this tread and see things that just came out not long ago... and it hits me, I still haven't found any but two of the figures that came out post- 4/23. Those two are bespin Vader and FB Jango.

I'd just like to say I hate you all very, very much.

:D

Turbowars
06-24-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
It's funny, I look at this tread and see things that just came out not long ago... and it hits me, I still haven't found any but two of the figures that came out post- 4/23. Those two are bespin Vader and FB Jango.

I'd just like to say I hate you all very, very much.

:D HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry all you want Mr BLAHBLAH You will never find them if you don't look. If it makes you feel any better I hate you to.;)

Turbowars
06-24-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey, here in LA CA we have a large group of collectors that help eachother out. That way we never have a hard time finding anything. Where ever you live, make a Club or Just found tread, but only talk about toys, or the thread will be closed;)

Thunderstorm1
06-24-2002, 08:39 PM
I have yet to see a Dooku or Djas Phur, and Palpatine Here in Louisville, KY

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-24-2002, 08:48 PM
i cant find yoda and dooku....

figrin bran
06-24-2002, 08:59 PM
i am having the hardest time finding orn free taa, massif, chewie, han, djas puhr, palpatine, pilot obi wan.

Turbowars
06-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Do any of you guys go to stores in the mornings? Try TRU or Target at opening. I bet you will find what you are looking for!

Lonely Padme
06-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Have never seen orn free taa, massif, djas or palp.

Saw ob1 pilot and hand (got them) once only, but no chewie

Dooku Fett
06-24-2002, 10:36 PM
I haven't seen a Yoda, Dooku, or Hanger Anakin since I've picked mine up.

Count Dooku
06-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Chewie, Djas Puhr, Palpy. Never seen these three either.

DarthBrandon
06-25-2002, 01:46 AM
None so far, as soon as they come out I pick them up. Plenty here where I'm at.

chubbychicken
06-25-2002, 01:47 AM
i'd hafta say anakin hanger duel.....esspecially if u live in canada haha but ya i found anakin n outta the biggest fluke a yoda was there too so i picked up both of them n i havent seen a yoda since or an anakin since...and i have yet to see dooku either

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 01:53 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn and I haven't found any of these yet:
#36 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Pilot)
#37 Han Solo (Endor Raid)
#38 Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape)
#39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
#40 Djus Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)

DarthJdog
06-25-2002, 02:17 AM
I have all 40 figures... all the new deluxes, and possibly almost every variant except for the Jango fett with the
"Blue" Visor... (yes, i do have the bloody wrist luke)... I check my local wal-mart every morning at 6:00AM to get everything I want! Where i live is great!

Jedi_Rainman
06-25-2002, 09:37 AM
The only figure I have yet to find is Dooku. Of course everyone said that they'd be flooding the shelves, funny, I have yet to see any.

Jonna
06-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Still have not found:
#36 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Pilot)
#37 Han Solo (Endor Raid)
#38 Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape)
#39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
#40 Djus Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)

Forhekset
06-25-2002, 09:57 AM
There's some stuff available in my area that's hard to find (Yoda, Dooku) and there's some stuff that just isn't even out in my area yet (Palpatine, Djas Puhr). But due to a combination of hitting different stores at different times and ordering a few figs online, I'm happy to say I have everything that I want out of what's been released so far (except for the Acklay, but he isn't a figure and he'll be warming pegs with the Reek soon enough, so I'm not worried).

For those of you who can't find certain figures, either those figures haven't been released in your area yet, or you're just not getting there at the right time. Here's a tip: not all stores stock overnight. The SuperTarget near my house that I frequent all the time doesn't stock overnight, and I think they do it to deter scalpers that get there first thing in the morning. The reason I have this theory is because I've been at this SuperTarget on 3 different occasions RIGHT as they opened the doors - the same 2 or 3 loser scalpers are always there. They head for the SW aisle first, then the Hot Wheels. There's never anything new out for them (I can tell by looking there's no new SW stuff, and I can tell by listening to them gripe that there's no new Hot Wheels).

This is right around 8am. If I leave and come back to this store between 9-10am, there's at least 3 fresh waves of SW figures out on the pegs. So I know for a fact that they do not stock overnight. So, if you're getting to stores right as they open and you still miss out, try getting there an hour or so later and see what you find. I've also found that this same SuperTarget plus another one like to restock SW right after 5pm (when the night stockers come in for their shift, I believe) so if you can hit a store immediately after work, try that.

robman71
06-25-2002, 09:59 AM
In north FL it has been Supreme Chancelor Palpatine. I have only heard of one other person in my are that has actually found this in a store, most store clerks I have spoken with say that yes they have seen it, but there aren't any on the shelf right now, check back on Thursday.

Darth Shifty
06-25-2002, 10:48 AM
The only figure that has been released that I cannot find is Djas Puhr - I have not heard a thing about him popping up near me.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2002, 11:08 AM
For me I have yet to find the new OB1 and Chewie, but I'm not classifiying them as being HTF since they were just released and everyone and their brother is out trying to get them.

I suppose other than that it would be Dooku and Yoda. While I have them both (I got Yoda on 4/23) I've only spotted them a handful of times. Based on that criteria it would be both of them.

Personally, the Luke took me the longest after its release. I thought I'd never get one, but finally they've flooded the pegs here about a month after being out.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 05:46 PM
i still cant find bespin luke yet....does anyone kno if they have been released in canada yet?

boss nass
06-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Hardest to find:
Palpy
Das Phur
Chewy

Thats it there are plenty of Yoda's,Dooku's,Ani Hanger Duel's,Massif wave and Bespin Wave here

Yar Cydoh
06-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Yoda and Dooku are hard to find around here. And havn't seen on Djas or Palpatine.

The Darth Vader
06-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Chancellor Palpatine and Djas Pur

billfremore
06-29-2002, 08:26 PM
No Palpys or Djar purs up here in Canada yet.
Dookus are turning into major pegwarmers up here though.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Djas Phur
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Star Fighter Pilot
Massif
Yoda

Dark Knight
06-29-2002, 08:55 PM
#36 through #40 are the only figures I haven't gotten. Only saw yoda and dooku once.

LusiferSam
06-30-2002, 12:47 AM
Dooku all the way. Thought for sure I'd have he by the end of June (well I have a day left). I haven't seen a Yoda since the 23rd. And most of the newest ones haven't made it out here as of yet.

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 02:02 AM
I'd have to say its Yoda or Count Dooku. They look cool, and are great toys!

Darth Narcis
06-30-2002, 03:10 AM
Palpatine, yoda, chewie

Darth Evil
06-30-2002, 07:33 AM
I've only seen Palpatine once, so I got him. I'd say that Pilot Obi-Wan is the hardest to find here.

jobi
06-30-2002, 08:30 AM
Djas, Palpy, Obi SFP, and Chewie

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 08:45 AM
I've found everyone but Obi-Wan Pilot and Chewie.

sith_killer_99
06-30-2002, 09:04 AM
I have yet to see:

Palpatine
Djas Puhr
Obi-Wan Pilot
Chewie

Though I am sure these will show up soon.

As for Yoda and Dooku? I have seen these on about 7-8 different ocassions AFTER the 23rd. I managed to get all 27 the first night.

I have not seen bloody Luke, flesh peg Luke, or background Dexter at the stores.

cptpinkerton
06-30-2002, 09:28 AM
The only figure I haven't seen on the shelves is Dexter Jettster background, w/pipe text showing. A board member hooked me up with one though. I think its easily the rarest of the SAGA line.

conli olper
06-30-2002, 02:19 PM
i havent seen one effin chewie. its irritating.

figrin bran
06-30-2002, 03:48 PM
i found a chewie today so now i have to say djas puhr and palpatine are the hardest for me to find...

Jedi Juice
06-30-2002, 06:46 PM
I have yet to find Palp or Puhr, but I am still looking. Anyone want to help?

GeneralKenobi
06-30-2002, 08:36 PM
Cloud City Capture Chewbacca is still eluding me...

thespar
07-02-2002, 03:16 PM
around here they are yoda, douke, Qui -Gon, Chewie and all the other new ones. but i have my yoda and douke.:D

DarthJdog
07-02-2002, 03:19 PM
nothing is hard to find... i have all 40 figures but what was hard to find was the bloody luke. Right now all im missing is a dexter jettster with Background and i would trade a Cloud city chewbacca for it if anyone is interested

cptpinkerton
07-02-2002, 03:24 PM
In a month the chewbacca/obi-wan/han solo wave is going to be so easy to find, just like bespin luke's warm the pegs at walmart now.
Dexter with background won't ever ship again. Thanks to special boardmember for the hookup with the Dexter pipe text.
LMS

tagmac
07-02-2002, 08:02 PM
I actually found a Dexter w/ background in Toy's R Us last month, but you know what...I left it there. I don't ever plan on selling my figs, and really didn't care about the differenve. I just hope it was picked up by a little kid, or a true collecter (although I'm certain it was grabbed by a scalper and re-sold to some sucker for 10x the price).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-04-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Do any of you guys go to stores in the mornings? Try TRU or Target at opening. I bet you will find what you are looking for!

Get up in the morning? I am a college student and I haven't gotten up before 7:30 since school ended in May. I am a sleep-till-noon kinda guy now that I have summer break. Guess that is one reason I have a tough time finding the new figures. Plus, I am a night owl and not a morning person. Sometimes you have to yell at me, slap me around, throw water on me, or physically get me out of bed.

I needs me sleep!

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 02:25 AM
boba fett for me right now.

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 02:26 AM
oh, i also was having trouble finding an undamaged dexter.

jdmarlow
07-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Everything has really hit here except #32-35 & #38-#40. This will eventually show up in time, however. The hardest figure to find so far has been the R2-D2 w/ Background and R3-T7 legs. The first in a string of four variations on that figure. It has eluded me since the beginning. Has anybody mentioned the Dexter Jettster Pipe variation? That would be the death of me if I hadn't found it by mistake on April 23rd Midnight Madness.

-JD