PDA

View Full Version : The Jek Porky Fan's Choice Poll

Jek Porky 2002
06-24-2002, 06:21 PM
It's back, the JPFCP, just a bit of fun, I've carefully selected the contestants for this months poll, good luck voting:

Coruscant Air Taxi Pilot
Pablo Jill (Jedi Master)
Ponda Baba (Resculpt)
General Carlist Reikaan
Yarna D'Al Gargan (Jabba's Dancer)

Voting ends Monday 1st July 2002, good luck voting and the winning figure won't be made!

Lord Tenebrous
06-24-2002, 06:53 PM
Fan's Choice is enough to viciously divide fans, why re-create that hostility "for fun"?

Jargo
06-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Ponda is a bit of a duff choice for me considering the new cantina section release does just about everything you need Ponda to do.

The Mott Not Rab lookalike air taxi pilot is a good one but I'd rather he came with the taxi itself as a vehicle release.

Rieeken is one I'd buy but not at the expense of more interesting alien characters who don't wear quilted items of clothing and commit fashion faux pas.

And obviously for those who have been reading my endless rambles for so long, my vote goes to Yarna D'al Gargan as a nod of tribute to the late Claire Davenport who was much underpraised for her talents and much under used by the industry. It aint over 'til the fat lady wobbles unsteadily dances. God bless claire Davenport! :happy:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2002, 07:27 PM
Pablo Jill, he's one crazy *****!
In the unlikely event that Hasbro does make one, he should have lots of articulation, so he can hold his lightsaber and just walk around the Jedi temple without looking too goofy. :crazed:

jobi
06-24-2002, 07:45 PM
PABLO JILL!!!!

I want every jedi in AOTC forget putting out the others give me the jedi.:D

Rogue II
06-24-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if I want the General more or Yarna.....Meditate on this I will.

TIE Pilot
06-25-2002, 12:16 AM
Coruscant Air Taxi Pilot
Pablo Jill (Jedi Master)
Ponda Baba (Resculpt)
General Carlist Reikaan
Yarna D'Al Gargan (Jabba's Dancer)

I figure Pablo Jill will be made eventually. As will Reikaan since he was already mentioned in a Hasbro Poll and got a lot of votes even though he didn't win. Ponda Baba? Eh.. the POTF2 version was just fine for me. The air taxi driver, kinda neat but not on my top 10 want list.

I'll have to give my vote to Yarna. She's long overdue to be immortalized in 3 3/4 inches of plastic.

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 12:21 AM
For me:
#1 Rieekan
#2 Yarna (She would be an ok diorama filler to put with Sy Snootles I guess)
#3 Pablo Jill (Looks like the assassin alien from 'The Last Starfighter')
#4 Coruscant Air Taxi Pilot
#5 Ponda Baba (last because we're getting a modified version in the upcoming Cantina bar set)

BillyJAck
06-25-2002, 12:35 AM
sadly the imperial dignitary and hermi odle and sgt. doallyn are missing. i pretty much only want figures from rotj some more from esb would be great also.. captain needa and admiral ozzel i could go on and on but as far as your list gimme a yarna

2-1B
06-25-2002, 02:47 AM
Yarna please. :)

Ever since I saw that pic of the vintage prototype in Chronicles, I can't excuse Kenner/Hasbro for never making her.

That, and with Jargo's "endless rambles for so long", how could I EVER forget about her? :D

Beast
06-25-2002, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I gotta go with Yarna too. Because that way, everyone will win. Jargo will finally have his Claire Davenport figure, so we don't have to hear him as Caesar put it, "endlessly ramble" about her anymore. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
06-25-2002, 02:58 AM
Pablo or Rieekan, ah hell make them all and I'm a sucker to buy them.

Jek Porky 2002
06-25-2002, 05:33 AM
I forgot to cast my vote, I'll go with Pablo Jill.

BTW Ponda Baba was designed to be a duff, just to see if anyone would vote for him, I put Reikaan in there because I know how much people want him, Pablo Jill's in there because I want him, the taxi pilot because I couldn't think of anyone else and because he's new and Yarna D'al because the woman that played her died recently.

This is how they stand so far:
Air Taxi Pilot 0 Votes
Pablo Jill 3 Votes
Ponda Baba 0 Votes
General Riekaan 1 Vote
Yarna D'Al Gargan 4 votes

OCB
06-25-2002, 10:19 AM
Yarna all the way, can never have enough Jabba's Goons

hango fett
06-25-2002, 10:22 AM
PABLO! he/she is very cool looking!vote for him, you must!
peace
hango

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Well I did vote for Reikaan in the last Hasbro poll (lousy sketchtrooper). Despite him losing that poll, I hope he is in the works. I'm voting for Yarna.

Quesiton: If Yarna sang, would it be over?

bigbarada
06-25-2002, 10:56 AM
I'd vote for Yarna, you can never have too many Jabba's palace aliens.

Who's Pablo? Is he a Jedi? If so then I'll pass, I am sick of seeing goofy looking Jedi figures clog the shelves.

Rieekan would be my second choice, since we need more second tier Rebels.

The Air Taxi Pilot and Ponda would be figures that I wouldn't be interested in buying even if they were sitting on the pegs right now.

brentfett
06-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Pablo Jill!!!
Finally a Jedi as ugly as Plo Koon!!!!

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 12:34 PM
I would have to say my first choice would be Yarna D'Al Gargan (Jabba's Dancer).
And my second choice would be General Carlist Reikaan.