PDA

View Full Version : RARE Alternate Darth Maul Sith speeder

Mace Windex
06-25-2002, 12:38 AM
Anyone know anything about the alternate Darth maul/sith speeder combo that briefly hit KB stores? The figure and speeder bike are totally different than the original and correct speeder bike set.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-25-2002, 12:46 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Darth Maul Speeder version you are talking about, was very similar to the Invasion Force Gungan Assault Cannon w/Jar Jar Binks and Armored Scout Tank with Battle Droid. I don't remembe reading too much about him, I think I remember someone on this forum said they found him at a Frank n Scalper in California (whatever that is). Don't know if he was ever released at retail, and if it was, it had to be in small quantities. Check the Just Found LA thread for more info and be prepared to go way back to find it.

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 12:49 AM
Darth Maul with Sith Attack Speeder.

Just another one of those mini-rig ideas that Hasbro got to try to match the vintage mini-rig idea. The concept didn't seem to take very well. Although the "mini-rigs" for E1 weren't that bad.

The Sith Attack Speeder isn't all that rare, several people were able to pick it up at KB and TRU at times for clearanced prices along with the Obi-Wan. They basically designed like a huge Sith Probe Droid that opened up.

Upon the release of the sets though, stores didn't buy them very much due to the sitting Mini-AAT and Jar-Jar with Cannon.

Mace Windex
06-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Mmmmhmm. The weird thing is that Sir Steve doesn't have this vehicle pictured on his site archive!

187-Maul
06-25-2002, 10:17 AM
well it isn't a very good pic but here's a pic of mine

187-Maul
06-25-2002, 10:20 AM
aw what the heck just went to rebelscum and got some more better pics of it
here's the link if you want to see it packaged http://www.rebelscum.com/EP1invsithattackspdr.asp

sith_killer_99
06-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Yep, this was part of the "Invasion Force" series that Hasbro did. I actually found this at the Main Exchange here on Fort Knox about 8 months ago.:crazed: I bought 2 (1 open and 1 MIMB)

They must have been sitting in the back, for a while.;) It was also the first, last and ONLY time I EVER saw it at retail.

RAVAZ
06-26-2002, 12:51 AM
Thats looks kind of cool. I do remember seeing it some time back.

SQueek
06-29-2002, 11:10 PM
thats of the ugliest things i have ever seen

Darth Narcis
07-02-2002, 03:36 AM
I got one like 7 months ago! I didnt know it was rare though.... i also have the other version, i like it better...

icatch9
07-02-2002, 08:21 AM
I got mine at my local KB right after Christmas 2000. Found several of him Obi Wan and sub and the other two. For those couple of days he wasn't hard to find, but after that I never saw him again. These never made it to retail the first time around. I mean at full price. I think the only time they where sold was during the big liqudation sale Hasbro did on all TPM stuff. I got them for $3.00 I think. Alon with Watto's Box, Tatooine Showdown, and Jabba w/ Two headed announcer. All those where hard to find at retail when they where new becasue none of the store ordered them. Then they pop up at TRU and KB for 75% off. Great deal!

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 03:18 AM
I thought I saw it for sale on the SWfanclub website, but i dont remember exactly