PDA

View Full Version : Who is R3-T7?

Darth Shifty
06-25-2002, 11:35 AM
Where is the preview character R3-T7 from. I can't seem to place this droid in any of the movies.

Forhekset
06-25-2002, 11:37 AM
R3-T7 is a droid that was originally supposed to appear somewhere in AOTC, but was cut out in the end.

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 11:41 AM
I heard he was on the landing platform in the begining. If you look in some of the older threads in this forum, there was a thread about this.

I don't care if he was edited out or not, I love that droid. He is so cool.

lunchymeatball
06-25-2002, 11:44 AM
I agree as a figure he is definately one of the finest astromechs:)

Lord Tenebrous
06-25-2002, 12:32 PM
He's strolling along as Anakin and Obi are bringing Zam out of the nightclub. About as obscure as the Nikto Jedi and Orn after the final edit.

But he's a nice army builder - for classic trilogy hangars, Queen's ship attack, or just about anything.

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
He's strolling along as Anakin and Obi are bringing Zam out of the nightclub.

That was my 2nd guess.:)

But he's a nice army builder - for classic trilogy hangars, Queen's ship attack, or just about anything.

Yes he is. There is an R3 droid wheeling around in the Hoth hanger about the same color as R3-T7.

His lightining works well on R2-D2 if you want to recreate the Jawa Capture scene.:)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

His lightining works well on R2-D2 if you want to recreate the Jawa Capture scene.:)

Ooh that's an interesting thought.

Having all these extra astromechs makes me wish there were more bays for them in the queen's starship. Now I have to go out and try to pick up more of those harnesses for my R2-D2 and R3-T7.

steve3p0
11-13-2002, 05:53 PM
i finally spotted this character while watching my dvd ....

here's a little more information .... after obi-wan cuts off zam's arm, he and anakin take her outside the club .... as soon as the scene cuts to the outside of the club , look at the people walking at the upper portion of the screen ... there is a woman wearing bright red and r3-t7 is rolling right beside her.

you can see r3-t7 and this woman in red character up close in some of the extra footage on disc 2.

kadamontaga
11-13-2002, 06:07 PM
I'm sure you see him in the background around the time that Anakin talks to Watto.

Lord Tenebrous
11-13-2002, 06:16 PM
Resolved: R3-T7 is in the lower levels of Coruscant. We've known for some time.

LTBasker
11-13-2002, 07:08 PM
If you've got the DVD then R3-T7 is shown in some blue screen stage shots for Coruscant shootings. I think the shots are shown in the web documentary that concentrates on extras.

JediCole
11-14-2002, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the picture link, LT! I want Hasbro to do a figure of that guy in the group shot with the glasses! That's the most unique Star Wars character ever!

JediCole
11-14-2002, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the picture link, LT! I want Hasbro to do a figure of that guy in the group shot with the glasses! That's the most unique Star Wars character ever!

JEDIpartner
11-14-2002, 11:12 AM
I was gonna say... i thought we discussed this before... but in the POTJ section since they were on POTJ cards.

SplFrcsCWO
11-15-2002, 12:47 AM
He's in web documentary #5. There are some good views and there's a red droid too.

gibbyhayes
11-16-2002, 12:40 PM
OK, but WHY the lightning?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by steve3p0
i finally spotted this character while watching my dvd ....

here's a little more information .... after obi-wan cuts off zam's arm, he and anakin take her outside the club .... as soon as the scene cuts to the outside of the club , look at the people walking at the upper portion of the screen ... there is a woman wearing bright red and r3-t7 is rolling right beside her.

Originally posted by steve3p0
you can see r3-t7 and this woman in red character up close in some of the extra footage on disc 2.

Originally posted by kadamontaga
I'm sure you see him in the background around the time that Anakin talks to Watto.

Originally posted by LTBasker
If you've got the DVD then R3-T7 is shown in some blue screen stage shots for Coruscant shootings. I think the shots are shown in the web documentary that concentrates on extras.

Originally posted by SplFrcsCWO
He's in web documentary #5. There are some good views and there's a red droid too.

R3-T7 also can be seen in the background of the Zapruder film, just before Kennedy is shot. Somewhere on the grassy knoll.

Anyone see a connection here?

steve3p0
11-16-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

R3-T7 also can be seen in the background of the Zapruder film, just before Kennedy is shot. Somewhere on the grassy knoll.

Anyone see a connection here?

that means those allegations that he was in fact the real assassin are false :p

the lightning that is included with him , i guess that's just to give him a cool accessory.
:)

jedihunter25
11-17-2002, 12:44 AM
I think Poggle would have been a better sneakpeak figure since the others (Jango, Clone Trooper, and Zam) are more mainstream characters- while this still cool little driod was hard to find with his two seconds of fame. I've seen the movie about 10-15 times now and thanks to this forum I finally know where this droid is from.