PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe cartoon (MERGED)

icatch9
06-25-2002, 01:00 PM
I got word that the GI Joe cartoon is going to be back on TV on The Cartoon Network. It's going to be on at 12 am every night for 6 weeks. It is a test run to see if there is a market for it. I think there is but if we want this one to stay and get other like Transformers, Thundercats, He Man, and MASK then we are going to have to watch this one and tell our friends to watch it. Since its summer vaction for most kids hopefully they'll be up and ready to watch a great cartoon.

Check out The Cartoon Networks website for more

info.http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=viewAll&showID=323164&show=GI+Joe&timeZone=CST

Exhaust Port
06-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Ugh, I'm a big boy but midnight is a little late for me to be watching TV. Put it on in the afternoon and I would definately be watching that.

icatch9
06-25-2002, 02:05 PM
VCR! That will be how I'll be watching these.

Exhaust Port
06-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Good thinking, I totally forgot about that piece of technology. I unplugged it about 2 years ago after I got a DVD player and have only been watching that. Slow to learn, quick to forget.

icatch9
06-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Yea, I'm Johnny on the spot when it comes to problem solving :)

DarthBrandon
06-25-2002, 03:27 PM
I'll definitely be watching this program as it was on of my favorites as a big kid.

billfremore
06-25-2002, 04:09 PM
And now we know...

...and knowing is half the battle.

Exhaust Port
06-25-2002, 04:30 PM
GI Joe the Movie has a whole bunch of the "knowing is half the battle" educational spots. They always make me laugh while watching them.

QLD
06-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Buy a Tivo. Tivo = God

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Buy a Tivo. Tivo = God
No buy a RePlayTV. ReplayTV=UberGOD

It is written, Scruffziller 1:1, There shall be no monthly fees for being able to rewind live television and having to have "prime time" on your time.

QLD
06-26-2002, 12:04 AM
I don't pay the monthly fee. I paid for the lifetime membership. $150. Best thing I have ever done.

Dark Knight
06-26-2002, 03:35 AM
I love the show, but my only problem is where will Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z be pushed to?

:) :( :confused:

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Yay! One of the best cartoons ever is coming back on TV?? I could live with them putting it on a bit earlier in the evening (it's actually 11pm for me, I'm one hour behind) but it's cool nonetheless. They could drop a lot of that crap they show on Cartoon Network to make room for G.I. Joe...Dragon Ball and DBZ for one thing. Those censored English dubs suck anyway.

QLD
06-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Yeah....I can certainly do without DBZ, but I know tons of people love it.

It would be really neat of they ran the show from beginning to end instead of just playing them randomly.

anarky
06-26-2002, 01:32 PM
we're cold slither and we're coming your way
la la la la la, don't remember the words

but now i can watch again and relearn them

SithDroid
06-26-2002, 06:19 PM
I'm glad that they will be showing G.I.Joe. Hopefully if it is a success it will take up one of the 20 spots that Scooby Doo now holds. I swear that everytime I turn on Cartoon Network, Scooby Doo is on. I mean I like Scooby Doo and all, but do they really need to show it THAT much.

icatch9
06-27-2002, 09:59 AM
I hear ya about Scooby. I used to like it when I was a kid, but now it's on all day long. It ticks me off.

I think that Joe is going to be shown in order. I know they are starting off with the TV movie that started the series back in 82-83.

So, from what I understand its going to be in order for six straight weeks.

Lock VCRs on Cobra Target!

YO JOE!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Darn, ifonly I had cable this year instead of last year.

QLD
06-27-2002, 01:59 PM
Cool. I will have to set up a season pass on my Tivo for it. Do we know when it starts?

icatch9
06-27-2002, 02:03 PM
July 1st @ 12 am central time. Check local listings or the cartoon network website link at the begging of this thread.

QLD
06-27-2002, 02:46 PM
sweet! Thanks! I'll have to remember to set it before I go on vacation!

icatch9
07-01-2002, 09:20 AM
Set VCR's folks because tonights the night and every night for the next 6 weeks we can toon in for GI Joe.

It's on Cartoon Network from 12:00 am- 12:30 am (Central), but check your local listings or cartoonnetwork.com.

YO JOE!!

scruffziller
07-01-2002, 12:09 PM
It is just the original series correct?

Exhaust Port
07-01-2002, 12:21 PM
"We must stop the BET" :)

icatch9
07-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Yes it's the original. Run in order, from what I understand. IT's going to be on for the next 6 weeks every night at 12 am. It's a test run to see if people will watch it. So, tell a freind, tell a neighbor, tell anyone and everyone to watch GI JOE!

YO JOE!

scruffziller
07-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I don't pay the monthly fee. I paid for the lifetime membership. $150. Best thing I have ever done.
How much was it total for you, I payed like $400 back in early 2001.

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reminder icatch9 - I had nearly forgotten it started tonight. :sur:

Lman316
07-02-2002, 09:36 AM
I watched it last night (or this morning, however you would like to interpret it :p), and I made some interesting discoveries.
First, I remember how much Cobra Commander likes to whine :D, and second, a lot of the sound effects were stolen from Star Wars. Really. They were were so blatant, I had to laugh. It was great.
The first I noticed was when Serpentor was flying on his hovercraft once Cobra starts attacking the B.E.T. I think it's right after he swings around Duke that you can hear what his craft really sounds like. For the first second it sounds like a TIE fighter, and right after you can hear Darth Vader breathing. You have to listen really close though.
And the second one that I heard was when Duke launches the B.E.T for the second time (again, once Cobra's there - I didn't hear it the first time because I wasn't paying attention to the noises). I swear that it sounds like two lightsabers touching each other, but more specifically the scene in ANH where Obi-Wan and Vader are dueling. If someone had the chance to tape it, check it out - I want to see if anyone agrees with me :)
But, anyway, besides all that, I'm actually glad this is back on the air. I have been buying the new figures and I keep hearing they're going to release a new cartoon, but putting this one on can make me remember everything I've forgotten over the years.

End :happy:.

icatch9
07-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Well, becasue my cable company doesn't carry the Cartoon Network, I had to have my dad tape it for me. So, I won't be able to watch it for a while. I take it that it was the episode about the BET and that means it's GI Joe the Movie. With Falcon and the rest of the rookies, right? That's disapointing becasue that's not where the story started. I expected it to start at beggining withe the mini series that started in 82' . Oh well, Joe is better than no Joe.

I always thought that GI Joe stole some sound effects. I remember thinking that when I was a kid too. I noticed it in a few other things back then, that I cannot seem to recal right now. Funny how they could get away with that sort of thing back then, and now they'd be sued for everything.

Exhaust Port
07-02-2002, 10:04 AM
My BET comment was made prior to Cartoon Network's showing last night. So if you thought I had seen it I hadn't, I just think that quotes funny.

I actually was up at 1:00 EST and decided to stick around and watch the show (12:00 CST) but no luck. I hadn't checked the local listings and I must have missed it. Darn it. Oh well, better luck next time.

El Chuxter
07-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Great. . . they show one of the classic shows of the 80s, and they start with the movie, which has been on DVD for over a year. :(

C'mon, Cartoon Network, get to the good stuff.

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Darn! I crashed around 11:30pm or so and missed it. But it sounds like they're starting with the movie anyway, which I have on DVD, so...no big loss.

Eternal Padawan
08-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know if Rhino is going to be putting out a G. I Joe DVD set like they did for Transformers? Or if they are putting out any more Transformers sets? I won't sleep soundly until I have all the TF episodes on DVD.

ROLLO!

Grif
08-25-2002, 01:57 PM
Please head to this GI Joe Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/1155mf/petition.html) and sign it now! Once there are a lot of signatures I will send it to Cartoon Network.

Grif
08-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Please go to this GI Joe Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/1155mf/petition.html) and sign it now! Once there are a lot of signatures I will send the URL to Cartoon Network.

Dark Knight
08-27-2002, 12:47 AM
What happened? Did they say? I signed the petition. I hope it will beback on soon.

Master Goeweins
08-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Man... I only caught on to this two weeks ago and now it's gone! I thought I was in heaven. These cartoons were some of the best shows ever made. The conflict between Spirit and Storm Shadow were classic.

QLD
08-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Wow, they got rid of it already? That's not cool