PDA

View Full Version : Accessory sets: made-up accessories?

Princess_Leila
06-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Guys,

I'm sure all of you took a good look at the upcoming target accessoy sets. The question that comes to mind after seeing them is weither or not the accessories appear at all in the movies. I mean, take a look at the little tank from the Hoth accessory. Can this be found anywhere on Echo base? What about the strange red thing that comes with the red battle droid in the arena set? have these things been made-up by Hasbro?

If they ARE made-up, then I don't seehopw excitibng thse sets can be, apart from the Endor set.

Has anybody seen the carded single red battle droid in the US yet?

JEDIpartner
06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
No red droids have shown up yet. I'm pretty sure this is because the first issue is still clogging the pegs.

As far as the "accessories" you mentioned. Most of them are for added play... not for movie accuracy.

Beast
06-25-2002, 02:46 PM
The lil tank droid, I heard does appear in the background of some shots in ESB. But I have not confirmed that myself. As for the missle firing backpack included in the arena set, there are droids that have missle backpacks like that, in the Star Wars: Galactic Battleground video game. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 03:06 PM
in the movie or not, i will still buy these sets. they look cool and you get a troop building figure. i'm not wild about the price though.
can someone confirm if the lil tank droid is in the background shots of ESB?

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 04:10 PM
I dunno if the little Tank Droid was in the movie or not, cause it seems like something that would've just wasted money to make and put in the background, but either way I think the Tank Droid will add something to a Hoth dio when next to vintage MLC-3's. :cool:

aceguide
06-25-2002, 04:55 PM
All the little add ons make these sets fun. The more junk to play with the better!

When are these due out??

Jargo
06-25-2002, 04:59 PM
The battle droid set is worth buying for the superior sculpt as the security battle droid mold was used for it. This means it'll actually stand on its own. The accessories themselves are not that brilliant. The BD backpack is something that was originally designed for TPM. The battle droids were going to fly into battle using jetsin their backpacks. This was probably elaborated on for AOTC and discarded. but whether they have them in a game or this is just a concept design, the accessory is sweet looking. Jangos helmet and blasters i don't need having two sets already. The binders are cool and the clonetrooper rifle is useless to me having no clonetroopers. The jedi robe looks a little 'fluffy' to me. hope it fits at least one jedi figure.

The Hoth accessory is cute, how could you not like that? If you turn round and look at most star wars figures they aren't movie accurate in one way or another. I actually like the tracks on the droid most out of all the accessories. Asto the validity of the droid, I haven't seen it persoanally but I rarely watch ESB. There's no tatooine section in it so I tend to skip that chapter altogether. :)

Beast
06-25-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
All the little add ons make these sets fun. The more junk to play with the better! When are these due out??
Supposedly July/August from Target. The price will be $9.99. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-25-2002, 05:39 PM
the coolest set is either the arena conflict set and the hoth survival set, where's the set for The Phantom Menace?

Beast
06-25-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
the coolest set is either the arena conflict set and the hoth survival set, where's the set for The Phantom Menace?
I think they left TPM off the list, because they did 8 Accessory sets in 1999 for TPM. I still need to track down the last 4 of those, now that I think of it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-25-2002, 05:48 PM

Jargo
06-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I think they left TPM off the list, because they did 8 Accessory sets in 1999 for TPM. I still need to track down the last 4 of those, now that I think of it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

:happy: :evil: :D

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-25-2002, 07:07 PM
thanks for saying that JarJarBinks i was wondering what the heck happened to the tpm acessesory set....

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-25-2002, 07:18 PM
The endor victory set looks cool cause it comes with that little rack with the three helments like at the end when their celeberating over the victotry....

Adam
06-25-2002, 09:55 PM
8 TPM accessory sets? So there was only like 4 released?

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Adam
8 TPM accessory sets? So there was only like 4 released?

There were actually 9 in all.

The first wave was released in the U.S. but sat too much and so the other 5 were canceled. The 2nd wave which had 4 of the last 5 in it was partially released but only to places like on-line stores and such, stores never got them. The 9th set was originally supposed to be in wave 3 but was canceled and was only released for Jedi Points in a Jedi kids thing in Australia.

Beast
06-25-2002, 10:06 PM
Nope, there are 4 commen ones, and 4 more that came out at the end of the line. They only showed up in some areas, and in very limited quantities. Here are the other 4. You can look at good pictures of them, by clicking the names. :)

Hyperdrive Repair Kit Accessory Set (http://rebelscum.com/ep1/EP1acchyperdriverepaircd.jpg)
Podracer Fuel Station Accessory Set (http://rebelscum.com/ep1/EP1accpodracerfuelcd.jpg)
Rappel Attack Line Accessory Set (http://rebelscum.com/ep1/EP1accrappel.JPG)
Tatooine Disguise Accessory Set (http://rebelscum.com/ep1/EP1acctatdisguise.jpg)

The 5th one that Basker is talking about, really isn't a figure accessory set in my opinion though. Since it contains a holographic Queen's Royal Ship, Holoprojector, and padawan Braid. It's more of a roleplay set, IMHO. :)

Jedi Braid Accessory Set (http://rebelscum.com/ep1/EP1accjedibraidcd.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
06-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Oh right! I remember the Rappel one, which is of course the one I really wanted. Its too bad.. I really liked those things.

aceguide
06-26-2002, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have the second set of sets?? I really wanted both the Hyperdrive and Podrace but never came across them. Would like to hear if they would be worth a hunt...

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 11:37 AM
I don't mind all the 'EU' stuff in these accessories, but I wish they would include all possible non-released stuff actually seen in the movies before adding in the extras. Like in the ESB set, it would be nice to get a magnetic grappling gun for Luke since the only one came with the AT-AT.

pthfnder89
06-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I don't mind all the 'EU' stuff in these accessories, but I wish they would include all possible non-released stuff actually seen in the movies before adding in the extras. Like in the ESB set, it would be nice to get a magnetic grappling gun for Luke since the only one came with the AT-AT.

That would be pretty nice, particularly with Hasbros sudden interest in magnets.

Someone was complaining at one point that the Hoth Accessory set includes breath masks, when in the movie, the masks weren't seen until the Asteroid scene. (ie; not on Hoth) To me that's ridiculous; I was very excited to see that they included those, because previously the only way to get them was to open a Mynock Hunt Cinema Scene, and that's rather costly just to get a couple of accessories out of it.

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Someone was complaining at one point that the Hoth Accessory set includes breath masks, when in the movie, the masks weren't seen until the Asteroid scene. (ie; not on Hoth) To me that's ridiculous; I was very excited to see that they included those, because previously the only way to get them was to open a Mynock Hunt Cinema Scene, and that's rather costly just to get a couple of accessories out of it.

They were still in the Hoth system for the Asteroid scene.:)

I hope Hasbro continues to make the accessory packs. There were a bunch of good ideas in that accessory pack thread a while back.

aceguide
06-26-2002, 04:02 PM
I agree Rogue II - The accessory packs are great.

The vintage line had excellent accessory packs. That's where my O2 masks came from... They really add playability IMO.

Jargo
06-26-2002, 04:18 PM
I put in a pre-order for all four of the accesory and figure sets. I really only wanted the Endor and arena sets but I had to take all four. I think it's costing me around 45 for them. God knows what that is in dollars. Hang on I'll check.....

... Okay, it works out at roughly $67.88 for the four sets. A little high you say? Well that's the only way we get them because they're a US exclusive. I would have prefered to get just the endor set and a few of the arena set for the red battle droid. maybe I'll find a good deal somewhere down the line or hasbro will release the red battle droid on a card. I know one comes with C-3PO in the deluxe set but how many C-3PO's can you deal with just to get a red battle droid squad?

Funny thing to me is how many figures I've bought just to get the accessories. I open the blister rip out the bits and toss the figure aside as junk. Stupid really. I've been putting off buying the commtech Luke but I really want the skyhopper model he comes with. I'm so tempted by trinkets. :)

Back to the accessory sets, What are we supposed to do with the gun rack the death star trooper comes with? it has no base and will just fall over. There's no playset for it to attach to either. pretty useless really. Unless... maybe hasbro has a death star playset planned after all.... hmmmm, an interesting notion. :cool:

anarky
06-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Back to the accessory sets, What are we supposed to do with the gun rack the death star trooper comes with?

same thing we did with commtech stormie's gun rack--toss it in a box with monkey face leia and forget about it altogether

Jargo
06-26-2002, 06:19 PM
I remember the kittens....... :cry:

Ah yes, the big box of useless junk under the bed - electro force effects and non movie weapons and jedi force files and monkey faced Leia and buff luke Tatooine and roid rage Han Solo... I know the box well. I just added deluxe Darth maul to mine. The droid is in my arena set up because it looks a little like a dwarf spider droid in lieu of the real thing pending a Hasbro release sometime. Maul however is less than useless in his 'dynamic' pose of spasticness. What is he supposed to be doing - the salsa? I totally agree that the weapons rack should reside in the big box of junk under the bed. But only until hasbro or someone makes a really good death star playset that really works for the figures. And isn't just some cobbled together random chunks of plastic with a big gun thrown in for good measure. Which is the usual for a Hasbro playset. The only thing that came near being good was the Endor bunker one but even then it was too small and just had to come with some stupid chunk of plastic tree trunk and some stupid never works catapult.

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Jargo, that's actually not that bad of a price. $10 per set would be 40 (of course), then it costs around 4-5+ to mail something of that size (depending on what you ship it with), so $4-5 per set for shipping would be an extra 20, full 60 right there, then considering you're in the UK and theres a little extra shipping (probably) and there ya go. Just think of all the gas we'll be spending driving to the TARGETs just to get one set of the four.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I remember the kittens....... :cry:

Ah yes, the big box of useless junk under the bed - electro force effects and non movie weapons and jedi force files and monkey faced Leia and buff luke Tatooine and roid rage Han Solo... I know the box well.

I use the craptacular Millenium Falcon carrying case I had to deal with when I bought my mondo-expensive Snowspeeder pilot Wedge Antilles figure in place of "the box"!:happy: It works quite well for hiding all of the accesories I try to forget about as well as buffed Luke, Steroid Han, and monkey-faced Leia!

...sadly, I don't remember any kittens...