PDA

View Full Version : And the Next Electronic Talking Figure IS...

Jonna
06-25-2002, 03:41 PM
Now that we have a talking R2, what other talking figures do you think Hasbro should make?

Just think back to the movies to things that were said or sounds that were made. This is my list:

"Wailing" Ponda Baba with removable arm.

'Let the Wookie win." C3P0 (I just want to make it into a industrial techno song)
Let, let, let, let the Wookie win!!!

"No! That's not true! That's impossible" Bespin Luke

"But I was going to go to the Toshie station to pick up some power converters" Tatooine Luke (I just want to smack the whimpering snot out of Mark in that scene)

"Half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder" Hoth Leia (for the same reason as C3P0)

"D'ho, how did I get this fat! (in Jabbanese)" the Jabba/Homer cross over figure.

"OUCH! My head" Deathstar Stormtrooper

"Die you ****** die!" The Mon Calamari Officer that yells in the background just as a Star Destroyer crashes into the Death Star. Did anyone else catch that?

Well, it did start out as serious, but it just seems to work better as a joke so..........

Yoda'sMaster
06-25-2002, 03:43 PM
the droid in the place where obi-wan goes to c dex "would u like a up of jurri juice?
"

billfremore
06-25-2002, 03:44 PM
well, there is always the "I Will Always Love You" Mace complete with music this time...

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Jonna
06-25-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
well, there is always the "I Will Always Love You" Mace complete with music this time...

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well, if you are going to go that far into the darkside, why don't you just have him singing the song and make him come with a karaoke machine accessory.:crazed:

The Super Happy Time Karaoke Mace!!!

billfremore
06-25-2002, 04:00 PM
You know...

...A lightsaber hilt does look remarkably like a microphone. :crazed:

Say jonna, what is that thing you're using for an avatar?
It looks like a fudgicle with eyes.

Jonna
06-25-2002, 04:11 PM
I can't post the original picture because it might be offensive to some people, but I'll PM it to you.

Lord Tenebrous
06-25-2002, 04:11 PM
I doubt there'll be another. CommTech Artoo sounded better than Saga's offering, and there were some really great recordings - Greedo stands out as one of my favorites.

But without CommTech, and with preference on a lower price, you're only going to see a few offerings - like the to-be-revealed Electronic 12" Obi-Wan and Jango.

Jargo
06-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Deluxe Mace Windu with darth vader Bespin duel and Luke Skywalker x-wing pilot repackaged cinema scene styleee, all with palms outstretched forward and all wearing gold lamé dresses and gloves:

"Stop! In the name of love, before you break my heart..... think it o-o-ver.... think it o-o-ver...." :D

AdmiralPiett
06-26-2002, 01:48 AM
I liked the OT sound effects and alien languages just as much as most of the dialogue so I'm going with:

"*choke* *choke*" - Admiral Ozzel
"Ooteedee...peet" - Jawa
"amnanapaapaa...amnanapaat" - Imperial probe droid

MikeAndTheBots
06-26-2002, 01:52 AM
"Oh **** there go my legs" Darth Maul

Jonna
06-26-2002, 01:55 AM
OH MY GOD!!! How could I have forgotten:

"Utinni" Jawa with "Gonking" Gonk ("Gonking" is not Gonk talking mind you, but the noise of him giving the Jawa a headbutt.)

Must not sleep, must wake up at 2 in morning and go on forum, brain melting, tongue swelling, must stay on forum......
GONK!

chubbychicken
06-26-2002, 02:51 AM
pretty funny haha.......i would like to see a darth vader saying hes luke's father

Beast
06-26-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
But without CommTech, and with preference on a lower price, you're only going to see a few offerings - like the to-be-revealed Electronic 12" Obi-Wan and Jango.
Well, seems that pictures of the Electronic 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett have surfaced. I am going to start a thread in the 12" section about them. So keep an eye out. Quick update, never mind. There is pictures and info of the Electronic Super Figures in the Collector's Database, under 12" figures. But this picture is new, so I'll just post it here. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
06-26-2002, 05:03 AM
Please tell me there will be a Anakin!

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 05:08 AM
Is it just me, or did the Episode 1 Electonic 12" figs look a whole lot better than that Obi-Wan? I know Jar-Jar did, dunno about the E1 Obi and Qui figs.

Geonosian
06-26-2002, 05:15 AM
Jarjar....

Beast
06-26-2002, 05:27 AM
I have heard nothing about an Anakin. Hasbro seems to see Obi-Wan as a much more marketable charecter. Likely to the fact that E1 Anakin's weren't a big seller, and the charecter does later become Darth Vader. Of course, they seem to be forgetting that the E1 Anakin's were all 9 years old. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

gibbspaulus
06-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Electronic Qui-gon looked like he'd stepped on a nail, or that a battle droid had spilt his pint.

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 09:11 AM
Electronic Darth Vader who makes a breathing sound when you push the buttons on his chestplate.

And I'd like to see an electronic GONK! droid without the walking gimmick. They could go ahead and throw a light or 2 on him.

Geonosian
06-27-2002, 04:39 AM
So there wont be...

Jonna
06-27-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
"Oh **** there go my legs" Darth Maul

And the collector's variation would be:

"I've fallen and I can't get up" Darth Maul:crazed: