PDA

View Full Version : EU Saga Mini Rigs?

brentfett
06-25-2002, 04:19 PM
I got the idea for this thread after reading about someone talking about how some of the accessory sets feature things not in the movies. Ever since the movies started (I suppose beginning with that Stormtrooper carrier from ANH, continuing through ESB and ROTJ with the mini rigs) small EU vehicles have been made. Even Episode 1 had a few. So, any ideas what could be (or should be) up Hasbro's sleeve for any EU AOTC mini vehicles?

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 04:27 PM
Doubt they'll make any mini-rigs for AOTC since the Episode 1 mini-rigs bombed out.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Vintage mini-rigs redone though, those were pretty cool, especially the Personal Shuttle. :cool:

Lord Tenebrous
06-25-2002, 04:39 PM
I would like to see an AT-PT - a nice new small Imperial walker that I could actually find room to display. :)

We have the borderline-EU clone speeder bikes from AOTC, but I'm not interested in those.

brentfett
06-25-2002, 05:31 PM
I don't know, I don't think ANYTHING bombing would ever stop Hasbro from producing it again in the future! Maybe they could do something with the Geonosians or Tuskens. Some small wagon or transport maybe.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-25-2002, 06:56 PM
On the TCG there's something called a Geonosian Defense Platform or something like that. I don't remember seeing it in the movie but it looks like a huge ball with a nozzle at the end with a station for a Geonosian to fire it.

It would be akin to that horrible Jar Jar Cannon thingy.

Adam
06-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Doubt they'll make any mini-rigs for AOTC since the Episode 1 mini-rigs bombed out.

Two words: Epic Force

Now I kinda like some of the Unleased stuff, but the Epic force bomb out should have taught them this lesson.

So I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to do this.

But wouldn't the AT-PT be cool?

Forhekset
06-25-2002, 08:15 PM
An AT-PT would rock. I dunno though, even with Hasbro "scaling back" the merchandise this time around to avoid another Episode I disaster, there's still plenty of stuff clogging pegs and shelves right now. Who knows if they'd be willing to take the risk on more mini rigs.

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 09:25 PM
They always have to do an Epic Force-like line. ;) The mini-rigs though are different because of the differences between vehicles and figures - you can tell they must not enjoy making vehicles that much.

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 09:43 PM
iwouldn't mine seeing some EU minirigs,but i don't think it will be a big seller. I for one will buy EU minirigs or rerelease of the vintage mini rigs

heroclixplayer
06-25-2002, 11:57 PM
I like the vintage Imperial Shuttle, One man fits in! I like the button that folds the wings up. Pretty fun toy, but Don't ever expect to see remakes of old action figures or vehicles/playsets. Expect to see repaints of toys 5 years ago to now.

Adam
06-26-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by heroclixplayer
Don't ever expect to see remakes of old action figures or vehicles/playsets. Expect to see repaints of toys 5 years ago to now.

... the whole POTF2, and parts of the potj and saga figures ARE remakes of action figures..

I'm probably misunderstanding what you meant, but gimme a break, its late/early.

DarthBrandon
06-26-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by heroclixplayer
I like the vintage Imperial Shuttle, One man fits in! I like the button that folds the wings up. Pretty fun toy

What are you talking about ? One man fits in ? I have one and I can put a couple in the side and two in the front. What shuttle do you have ? Half of it ? Are you talking mini rigs or what ? Vintage Shuttle is vintage and that's it. They only made one vintage shuttle unless I'm terribly wrong. Which I doubt.

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by brandon

What are you talking about ? One man fits in ? I have one and I can put a couple in the side and two in the front. What shuttle do you have ? Half of it ? Are you talking mini rigs or what ? Vintage Shuttle is vintage and that's it. They only made one vintage shuttle unless I'm terribly wrong. Which I doubt.

The Vintage ISP-6 (I think that's the name) Personal Shuttle mini-rig. It's a one seater shuttle that was made to look like a mini-Lambda shuttle.

DarthBrandon
06-26-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

The Vintage ISP-6 (I think that's the name) Personal Shuttle mini-rig. It's a one seater shuttle that was made to look like a mini-Lambda shuttle.

Well I guess I'll bury my head in the sand LTBasker, I totally forgot about that one. Just checked my stuff and there it was. I have a pic saved here. Guess I was wrong, sorry heroclixplayer.
Jumped the gun I guess.

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Whoa, those little mini-shuttles look pretty cool. I bet I had one when I was a kid and either lost or destroyed it. :(

If Hasbro made more mini-rigs as cool as that, I'd buy 'em.

Lord Tenebrous
06-26-2002, 11:43 PM
The shuttle is reminiscent of the Armored Scout Tank from Episode 1's Invasion Force, only the latter came with a disappointing figure.

But the pack-in is essential for the Saga line, so at least one figure fits in the vehicle. And no resculpts, that was one big negative about I.F.

If I had to plan an AOTC Saga line, I'd go this route:

1) Clonetrooper Aquatic Navigator - for piloting practice in the rough seas of Kamino. Can be modified to fly.

2) Geonosian Catacomb Hovercraft - used by high-ranking (but wingless) Geonosians to fly above floors crowded with inactive drones

3) Armored Jedi Speeder - used for navigating planets, performing missions, or the occassional joyride

4) AT-ES (All Terrain Escape Pod) - heavy hull for space and atmosphere exposure, with transport legs and weapon stabilizers

heroclixplayer
06-27-2002, 12:28 AM
yes, i meant earlier , repaints not remake! :P