PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Deeds

master jedi
06-25-2002, 04:41 PM
This is a pretty good movie. It's lot better that Sandlers last few movies. I give it 7.5 stars out of 10.

What are some of your thoughts on the film?

Darth Shifty
06-25-2002, 04:50 PM
It's not even out yet, is it? Did you see an advance screening or a bootleg?

master jedi
06-25-2002, 10:04 PM
I have a bootleg.

derek
06-26-2002, 01:20 AM
does winona rider actually have any screen time? more than 15 minutes?

from the looks of things, it looks like adam is going back to his "billy madison/happy gilmore" mode.

2-1B
06-26-2002, 01:52 AM
From what I've read, Winona took the role because she got to star with Sandler, not just fill the female role.
So that might bode well for you, derek. :)

master jedi
06-28-2002, 03:52 PM
Well, the movie comes out today. Hope you like it if you see it.

Eternal Padawan
06-29-2002, 04:50 AM
I heard Winona "steals" every scene she's in...OW! Stop throwing boots at me ! :mad:

Obi-Don
06-29-2002, 05:52 AM
It looks good,but will wait till it comes out on video to rent. If I like it I'll buy it.

QLD
06-29-2002, 01:39 PM
I know derek will hate me for this.....

But there is something about Ms. Ryder I don't like. ANd that was way before the shoplifting thing. SOmething about her facial expressions I think. *shrugs*

SithDroid
06-30-2002, 05:54 PM
Saw the movie yesterday. An ok movie. The humor in this was more like that of his earlier films.

derek
07-01-2002, 08:32 AM
i saw it, it was O.K. winona rider did a pretty good job, but it was still an adam sandler film.:)

i actually thought the gags and trademark sandler potty humor was WAY toned down compaired to his earlier films.:)

overall, an o.k. movie, but not by any means his best. i wonder how long this adam sandler gravy train is gonna run.;)

Jedi Juice
07-01-2002, 10:44 PM
I was actually impressed with the movie. I thought the flick was going to be a toilet humor comedy, but the movie actually had a decent ending. Some of the scenes did not make any sense with the storyline though.

2-1B
07-05-2002, 01:45 AM
:cry: I never thought I would have to say this, but for the first time ever I walked out of a Sandler movie disappointed. :cry:

And oh how I so wanted to love it! I don't dislike it by any means, but as a whole I thought it was . . . kinda flat.

John Turturro was pretty funny, Sandler was a goon - his "nice guy" character did crack me up enough, and Covert was outstanding!

Buscemi's cameo was a waste, I'm afraid to say. :( Peter Dante didn't do anything for me either (he's in a few other Sandler flicks) and Rob Schneider was SORELY underused.

Winona ? ? ? Hey derek, I may have to take a Ryder avatar myself because she was incredibly fine in this movie. :happy:
She can "steal" my heart anytime! (oops, EP already used that type of joke :D ) Seriously though, she's pretty cool.

I doubt Sandler will EVER top The Wedding Singer, my personal favorite of his, but I rank Deeds several movies after it.

master jedi
07-05-2002, 02:22 PM
I think Mr. Deeds a lot better than Waterboy or Little Nicky. Those 2 movies almost made me hate Sandler

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I heard Winona "steals" every scene she's in...OW! Stop throwing boots at me ! :mad:

Dam you EP, you stole my line, oh well Winona must be rubbing off on you. LOL

2-1B
07-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm one of the few people who loved Little Nicky. :D
I like the Waterboy a lot, but it's probably my least favorite . . . But on the whole, I prefer it when he plays "normal" guys.

Can I assume you're the same way, master jedi? He doesn't get any goofier than he does in Nicky or Waterboy . . . I don't want to presume as to why you don't like them, so is that a fair assumption? :)

derek
07-05-2002, 04:36 PM
caesar,

welcome to the "winona fan club":) if you want to see her at her best, i suggest "reality bites", "house of the spirits", or "the crucible".

i'm also glad that i'm not the only one who liked "little nicky":)

master jedi
07-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I'm one of the few people who loved Little Nicky. :D
I like the Waterboy a lot, but it's probably my least favorite . . . But on the whole, I prefer it when he plays "normal" guys.

Can I assume you're the same way, master jedi? He doesn't get any goofier than he does in Nicky or Waterboy . . . I don't want to presume as to why you don't like them, so is that a fair assumption? :)

I'm that way on the waterboy but I just don't like little nicky at all.
I didn't like the story and I didn't like the characters that much.

JediTricks
07-06-2002, 02:22 AM
I liked Little Nicky and The Waterboy, but Sandler was the weakest part of both of those primarily because he wasted so much time and effort doing a so-called "funny" voice in each. Mr Deeds just isn't calling to me though, the trailers look really flat and disjointed.