PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas - Luke Skywalker Lightsaber

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Just got my Master Replicas Luke Skywalker Lightsaber prop from Entertainment Earth today. It arrived double boxed with bubble wrap in the second box - kudos to EEarth for the quality protection. The saber case itself comes in a black cardboard slipcase with the classic Star Wars and Master Replicas logos nicely embossed in gold foil.

Accompanying the case is an envelope containing the usual marketing propaganda and a folder containing the certificate of authenticity, a metal info plate containing the series number (which, I assume is for the display case), and a one pager describing the original props.

The case itself is carboard, but well made with matching gold hardware, with a dark blue foam insert.

Having no experience with the Icons replicas, my unprofessional opinion is that this prop replica is well made. The saber body is mostly one large machined piece of aluminum, and quite heavy. The details match, for the most part, one of the two versions of the original prop I've seen pix of. The activation box does not have electronics, nor is the striped plate removable as in the original prop. The D ring also seems to fit more snugly than the original. The gold plating does not go up all the way to the emitter as it does on the "hero" version of the prop, and the gold has a dull flat finish which I'm not crazy about. The only other complaint is that the small black switch on the emitter box is set into place with two very small pegs and is easy to knock loose.

All in all, I'm pleased so far. I give the first Master Replicas saber an A-

Now, for the pix...

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:27 PM
How it comes out of the box...

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:30 PM
The case and packet...

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:33 PM
The saber was nestled all snug in its bed...

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:34 PM
The booklet. Sorry for the blurry pic...

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Alternate view 1...

Fixer
06-25-2002, 06:41 PM
Alternate views 2 & 3...

And that's enough spamming for now. I appreciate your indulging me.

JediTricks
06-26-2002, 05:12 AM
Very cool review and pics Fixer, thanks for all the great info. I was interested to read about the flat gold below the emitter head, unlike the brass on some of the non-licensed props out there. The thing about the black switch seems really strange though, it should definitely NOT be loose like that IMO.

Finally, I was wondering what you think of the durability of the various paints on this sucker?

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the review and the pics Fixer. :cool:

If only I could afford even one of these babies...

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 12:45 PM
can we see it with the blade turned on?

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 12:45 PM
I ordered my Yoda saber dont know when it is coming in though...

Runobot
06-26-2002, 12:58 PM
Well, it seems to me that it is not worth the price from your review. I was considering buying the yoda saber, now maybe I will just get the fx anakin...

Thunderstorm1
06-26-2002, 04:27 PM
I received mine yesterday, and I have to say that it is awesome. Cannot wait to display this on the mantle. I will have to say that the small black switch Fixer was talking about seems to be mounted very well on mine. Could have just been a loose one on his. Other than that I have no Complaints what soever. I cannot wait till the Dooku saber comes out. I hope I am as pleased with it as I am with the Luke Saber. Pretty cool display box this comes with too!

Stikman
06-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Man, I'm jealous. I'd love to have that Luke saber. I ordered the Anakin one last week. Who knows when it'll ship though.

Mountaineer Jedi
07-09-2002, 06:18 PM
I received this Lightsaber yesterday from Entertainment Earth and I must say it is very well done. I already have an Icons Darth Vader Lightsaber but IMO Masters Replicas did a much better job. I look forward to seeing what else they release in the future if the quality remains the same.
I would rate this a A+

Darth Evil
07-10-2002, 01:47 PM
I can't afford such prices, though I'd love one. I really want Dooku's saber.

Stikman
07-10-2002, 08:35 PM
If I like the Anakin F/X lightsaber whenever I do finally get it. I may order the Darth Vader saber too. I wish it didn't take so long to get them though.

Nebulaz
07-13-2002, 04:10 PM
How does it feel in hand? and does it have a belt clip?

Stikman
07-13-2002, 08:05 PM
If you're talking to me...I haven't received either of my sabers yet. I probably won't until sometime in August.

Fixer
07-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Nebulaz
How does it feel in hand? and does it have a belt clip?

It has a nice heft to it - pretty much a solid piece of aluminum. It does not come with a clip for your belt, but it does have the ring that would attach to the clip.