PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if George will write?

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 06:17 PM
If he doesn't do anymore movies, could he perhaps do some of his own EU stuff in novel form?:D

Eternal Padawan
06-26-2002, 06:52 AM
He usually farms that kind of stuff out. Alan Dean Foster ghostwrote the original Star Wars book based on George's story synopsis. And he got Chris (X-Men) Claremont to collaborate with a trilogy of books that continued the story of Elora Dannen (the infant from Willow, all grown up). So he may come up with ideas for books, but he won't do the writing himself. I think he'll be more interested in making his weird little "visual" movies than writing Star Wars stuff.

But I think he'll keep getting all these little ideas for Star Wars, that will keep building and building til ten years from now, he decides he wants to do another trilogy... ;)

lunchymeatball
06-26-2002, 07:02 AM
I didnt know Willow had been followed up with books.
Do you know what they are called EP?

Eternal Padawan
06-26-2002, 08:41 AM
ShadowMoon, ShadowStar, and ShadowDawn, if I remember correctly.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-26-2002, 11:11 AM
And the prequels to those books are The Phantom Shadow, Attack of the Shadows, and Novel III: Untitled. :p I was unaware those novels were based on the Willow chick; does Buffy make a cameo? ;) (Bel-Cam, you're dangerously toying with the patience of the SSG members...)

I heard (was it in the most recent Insider?) Lucas wants to do a historical TV series or something.

El Chuxter
06-26-2002, 11:23 AM
I like Lucas, and I like Willow, and I like Chris Claremont's comics. But I couldn't wade through the murk that was Shadow Dawn, or whatever book was first in that series. First thing that happens--everyone dies except Elora, Willow (who, through a completely moronic plot twist, is henceforth known as "Thorn Drumheller"), and the Brownies. Less than halfway through, I lost interest and decided to watch the grass grow instead.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone from Willow lived happily ever. Especially Madmartigan, since he's Batman. :D