PDA

View Full Version : Most Pungent Figure?

Darth Sidious
06-25-2002, 07:37 PM
Out of all the Saga figures, etc., which one of yours has had the most powerful stench? For me, it was Luminara. Whew! That figure almost knocked me out when I opened it. I guess it was all those robes. That thing still smells!

Rogue II
06-25-2002, 08:20 PM
The Royal Guard made my nose hairs curl.

Sidiously Darth
06-25-2002, 08:24 PM
It smells like Gritty Kitty...ahhhhhh!:stupid:

No sir! I don't like it!

Actually, I haven't been smelling any of my figures. I'm still trying to get the glue out of my nose.:crazed:

Dar' Argol
06-25-2002, 10:14 PM
For more on the pleasures (and warnings) of sniffing figures, please got here:

Mouse sniffer thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5280)

Darth Narcis
06-25-2002, 10:36 PM
mace windu, for sure.....

MikeAndTheBots
06-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Hm, still waiting for Tycho to get here...

Beast
06-25-2002, 11:06 PM
Turn your S.C. Palpatine or Jar Jar Binks G.S. figures upside down and take a big wiff of the plastic that makes up their bodies. Wow, that will definatly give you a head rush. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yoda'sMaster
06-25-2002, 11:36 PM
yoda hes smells like beguls

Dar' Argol
06-26-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Turn your S.C. Palpatine or Jar Jar Binks G.S. figures upside down and take a big wiff of the plastic that makes up their bodies. Wow, that will definatly give you a head rush. :D

And your sniffing up Jar Jar and Palpy robes because???????? I mean I thought tycho was bad for the mouse droid, but sniffing up robes?? What even give you the idea to do such a thing???? :crazed: :D

Beast
06-26-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
And your sniffing up Jar Jar and Palpy robes because???????? I mean I thought tycho was bad for the mouse droid, but sniffing up robes?? What even give you the idea to do such a thing???? :crazed: :D
I dunno, I noticed Palpatine's pequilar scent when I opened the figure the other day. I sniffed his head, his arms and his body trying to find the source. None of it smelled as strong as when I pulled him off the card. So, I figured it had to do with the glass coat and paint on the body actually masking the scent. I ended up turning him upside down and taking a big ole wiff. It was so strong that I checked the others. Shaak Ti's wasn't strong, and neither really was Luminaria. But man, Jar Jar Binks almost knocked me off my chair. Both of them are really aromatic. :D :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RAVAZ
06-26-2002, 12:18 AM
You guys are weird.

chubbychicken
06-26-2002, 02:16 AM
haha

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 07:58 AM
Someone should buy a POTF2 Tarkin and open it to see if you can detect the "foul stench" Leia recognized when she was brought on board.

Tycho
06-26-2002, 01:16 PM
All figures have that "newness stench about them."

But compared to the Acklay's GUTS -that stench is the most ultimate force in the universe!

At least for me right now.

Plus they're so squishy, they're almost edible. Maybe Hasbro can sell the mold to a candy store licensee. Then we can have Guts'a'Gluttany candies! Jabba would love these!

QLD
06-26-2002, 01:25 PM
I am afraid to go near my palpatine because he has the measles.

Jaina Solo
06-26-2002, 02:01 PM
*lol*

Um...I'm still airing out my Royal Guards. But that's not the worst of it- I've got E1 figures that still reek.

Tycho
06-26-2002, 02:23 PM
*Tycho gets excited* REALLY? -Which ones?

I've noticed the battledroids' flimsy plastic they're constructed with stink in several different ways ;)

Realstands or Ultaramas tend to cure this problem if you put BOTH feet on the pegs. Actually, the droids are less of a problem than OOM-9. He used to be the hardest to keep from getting "bendy-leg."

Nute and Rune are nice figures, but they still smell a little I think.

Jaina Solo
06-26-2002, 03:09 PM
Anakin Naboo, mostly. I even tried seperating him and his cloak for a couple months, but it didn't seem to help.

'Course, now all the loose guys are in a case contributing to their own mass stink. But I pull some of them out and they don't stink at all.

TIE Pilot
06-26-2002, 03:44 PM
So far, I haven't come across a Saga figure that really smelled bad. But then, I haven't found many of the figures mentioned in this thread like Luminara & such.

The absolute worst smelling figure I've come across goes way back to wave 1 of the Ep I figures. Darth Maul - Jedi Duel was by far the stankiest figure I've come across.

Sidiously Darth
06-26-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Someone should buy a POTF2 Tarkin and open it to see if you can detect the "foul stench" Leia recognized when she was brought on board.

Now thats funny!!!:crazed:

I picked up the Slice N' Dice Anakin last night. When I opened the package, the "Can't Hold It Together" smelled like roadkill womprat. Of course I stuck it up to my nose to make sure.:stupid:

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth

Now thats funny!!!:crazed:

I picked up the Slice N' Dice Anakin last night. When I opened the package, the "Can't Hold It Together" smelled like roadkill womprat. Of course I stuck it up to my nose to make sure.:stupid:

Ok, we're in business. I won an auction for an Tarkin for about $3.:D

The waiting is the hardest part.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-26-2002, 07:54 PM
Any of them that have skirts.