PDA

View Full Version : Should HASBRO make Figures from other films besides SW?

BillyJAck
06-25-2002, 11:56 PM
I thought i'd post this in here because it gets the most traffic and i'd like more than 5 different opinions. I was wondering if you fellas think that Hasbro should look into more licenses for other films. I think this would be awesome! I want to see figures from

Indiana Jones Trilogy
Willow
Blade Runner

would you like to see this? And what movies would you like to see done. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT INDIANA JONES FIGURES HAVEN'T BEEN MADE!

billyjack

heroclixplayer
06-26-2002, 12:00 AM
Are you uninformed? Indiana Jones 4 is out on july 4th 2005(not directed by steven speilberg).So see toys for that. Willow had toys way back. Blade runner(harrison ford's character) was made in 12' form, but the bladerunner you can find on ebay. Or you could go to Japan?

heroclixplayer
06-26-2002, 12:03 AM
"I thought i'd post this in here because it gets the most traffic", thats like the 5th time you typed that. And indiana Jones at Disney world/land has micromachine , and indiana jones 3 3/4, and 12". So that should keep you happy till 2005.

BillyJAck
06-26-2002, 12:03 AM
I'm very informed. IJ4 will absolutely be directed by Spielberg and will involve lucas and will star ford. Just as it has for the past 3 movies. The blade runner toy you refer too was not a licensed toy and could have been so much better. Willow never had what i'd call action figure. I want willow figures that are just like SW figures

BillyJAck
06-26-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by heroclixplayer
"I thought i'd post this in here because it gets the most traffic", thats like the 5th time you typed that. And indiana Jones at Disney world/land has micromachine , and indiana jones 3 3/4, and 12". So that should keep you happy till 2005.

What the heck is it your concern if i put this in here. So the heck what if thats the 5th time i've said that. Its only the truth this forum gets lots of traffic. Tell me what forum on SSG would be better. And I want a figure line. I think you need too actually look at what i said.

billy

heroclixplayer
06-26-2002, 12:10 AM
sorry, thats the last time i point anything out

Beast
06-26-2002, 12:13 AM
Well, technically this should go either in the Toy Collecting - Other section or Toy Collecting - Dear Hasbro section:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=25
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=16

As for Blade Runner toys, don't expect anything from that line. The Replicant and Android Hunter Japanese figures are about as close as any real toy merchandise that will come out of that movie. And Willow was a huge box office bomb, so new toys for a movie with only a small fan following isn't feasible.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
06-26-2002, 12:15 AM
Okay If a mod see this move this to toy collecting then...i'd stll love some new indy figures...

Darth Annexis
06-26-2002, 01:41 AM
UH way back in the early 80's...Kenner did indeed make Indiana Jones figures...they were in scale with the Star Wars figures of the day!

Jonna
06-26-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth Annexis
UH way back in the early 80's...Kenner did indeed make Indiana Jones figures...they were in scale with the Star Wars figures of the day!

I almost put my brother's eye out with Indy's whipping action!:cry:

RooJay
06-27-2002, 07:53 AM
Well I for one would love to see Hasbro make some new Indy figures! Of course providing that they are in the same scale and style as the Star Wars figures (the ones without action features!).

evenflow
06-27-2002, 07:15 PM
I think that an Indiana Jones line should be redone, but i have already made a list somewhere else on the forums. If anyone is interested ask and i will repost it.

Mit_Othy
06-27-2002, 07:16 PM
They made the Jurrasic Park III figures, I think Kenner made JP I and II figures.

RooJay
06-28-2002, 02:14 AM
True. Kenner was owned by Hasbro when they produced JP 1 and 2 figures though.

They're also producing the MIB2 figures and will next be doing figures for a new animated Sinbad movie from Dreamworks. If I'm not mistaken, Hasbro also did the Monsters Inc. figures as well (can anybody confirm that for me?).

Jayspawn
06-28-2002, 04:08 AM
Hasbro made the figures from Men In Black II and they look like CRAP!

Beast
06-28-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Hasbro made the figures from Men In Black II and they look like CRAP!
And they still look better then the original MIB toys. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-28-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

And they still look better then the original MIB toys. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Oh dear god, please don't remind me of those horrid little things. How they could take a blockbuster movie that has an AWESOME potential for toys and destroy it like that is beyond me.:rolleyes:

JediTricks
06-28-2002, 08:25 PM
Galoob did a pretty bad job on the MIB movie line, then there was this little company that had some good designs for the MIB cartoon line but that disappeared.

However, the Hasbro MIIB line is pretty rank IMO, though in a different way from Galoob's line. I wanted to buy the deluxe J w/ cycle and the Mercedes Benz ship, but the figure is terrible and the way the figure interacts with the vehicles is not so good either.

Mit_Othy
06-28-2002, 10:11 PM
Does anybody remember the ID4 figures, they looked just horrid (I can't recall who made them though)

Jason B
06-28-2002, 10:15 PM
Well, it isn't like Hasbro could do a worse job on the SW figs. :mad: Not nessasarily the figs, but the way they're packaged, shipped, and distributed.

Beast
06-28-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Mit_Othy
Does anybody remember the ID4 figures, they looked just horrid (I can't recall who made them though)
That would be the small toy company, that has pretty much been forgotten since then, Trendmasters. They also did a fairly good Godzilla toy line, back in the 90's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-29-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Mit_Othy
Does anybody remember the ID4 figures, they looked just horrid (I can't recall who made them though) Ugh, puke gag and vomit, those were made by Trendmasters - who are based out of St Louis, I believe. Trendmasters recycled Voltron about 5 years ago, and also did the "Lost In Space" movie toys, Godzilla movie toys, and the Battlefield Earth movie toys. They're somewhat well-known for fairly good prototypes that transfer poorly to final products thanks to cheap tooling, poor materials, sloppy paint, a general neglect for quality control, bad assembly, and weak packaging.

JJB, "a fairly good Godzilla toy line" is debatable IMO, but the stuff they did for the movie line was partially recycled/retooled from the ID4 line.

Beast
06-29-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
JJB, "a fairly good Godzilla toy line" is debatable IMO, but the stuff they did for the movie line was partially recycled from the ID4 line.
No no no, I'm not talking about the craptaculer american movie Godzilla line. I mean the ones based on the old Japanese movies. Now those were pretty decent. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 10:41 PM
Oh, gotcha, but I think - like they did with their early Voltron waves - Trendmasters only took earlier toy designs from Japan and recycled them for the US.