PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Han Endor

BillyJAck
06-25-2002, 11:48 PM
I've picked up several of these and i just gave it and had to open one. Boy i wish i hadn't...his right arm is atrocious..plus his vest was black in the movie WHY couldn't THEY GET IT RIGHT! Overall i'm very dissappointed...I hope chewie is much better...Hasbro should stop the gimmicks!

billy

Lman316
06-25-2002, 11:54 PM
I actually like it. Although I wasn't too crazy about the gimmick myself, I'm fine with it now. The way I have my Han set in my Endor display, he looks really cool, so I have no problems.
And the Chewie is awesome. Best version so far.

End...

BillyJAck
06-25-2002, 11:58 PM
errrr want a anothe loose han??? got an extra chewie..???

billy

Vortex
06-25-2002, 11:58 PM
The Chewie is pretty cool. I like the fact his arms move a little more.

Han...the jury is still out with this one. my figure looks like he's super greasy, and the gimick puch, quick draw turn is a little odd...

The obi pilot I have reservations with. I wish that dumb head gear was its own piece and I've already lost his bi-nocs...damb things were too small.

Beast
06-26-2002, 12:06 AM
I love the Han figure. The gimmick isn't overly noticible or detracting to sculpt or articulation. So, you loose an arm sort of. But you get an articulation point at the elbow. I am betting that the vest color isn't an error. It's likely another case of the movie camera and lighting causing colors to come out different on film. Have to thank Dar' Argol again for snagging me one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RAVAZ
06-26-2002, 12:20 AM
Yeah I have a thought on that Han figure. I NEED ONE! HAHA!

QLD
06-26-2002, 01:13 AM
I think it looks a lot like Jeff Bridges.

BillyJAck
06-26-2002, 01:14 AM
Funny I thought it looked like Jeff Daneils. lol

chubbychicken
06-26-2002, 02:12 AM
haha i thinkit looks like harrison ford actually

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 08:02 AM
I'm not crazy about the gimmick, but at least he doesn't have a peg sticking out of his backside like Luke.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 08:34 AM
rogue 2 has a point....the han toy isnt great but it isnt bad either

Croaker
06-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Yeah I just picked up my Han "disco dancin" Solo and Obi ' I'm disguised as a Wookie" Kenobi.

Not a bad likeness but the action feature is a little lame.

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Seeing as how we will probably never see another Endor Han I will go ahead and pick this one up. He's not the greatest but he is leaps and bounds better than the POTF2 Endor Han.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 10:23 AM
I'm still convinced that the best Han ever is the CT version. However, I'll say this one comes in second. It's a big improvement over the Dude, Where's My Car Han.

pthfnder89
06-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I'm still convinced that the best Han ever is the CT version. However, I'll say this one comes in second. It's a big improvement over the Dude, Where's My Car Han.

That's pretty much how I feel MC. The CT Han is still one of the best figures ever on my list, and so far I like the looks of Endor Han.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-26-2002, 11:01 AM
I like the new Han. Granted, i don't open my figures, so i can't complain about the "quick draw!" thing, but he looks pretty good. It's weird how his eyes look though, he looks pretty googily actually, it's like he's thinkin "oh, sweet sweet Leia (sigh)" Of course, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 01:25 PM
As far as likeness to Harrison Ford, DSE Han wins hands down. CTC Han is good for an overall figure, as is Bespin Capture Han; but the likenesses are a little blah.

I was really looking forward to this figure because there are no really well made ROTJ Hans from the modern line. So I had high hopes for this one, too bad it was ruined by the action feature. However, considering the alternatives from the POTF2 line (Endor Han, Carbonite Han) I will take this one, because I don't see us getting anymore decent ROTJ Han Solos before this line goes "piff" next year.

QLD
06-26-2002, 01:41 PM
I still think it was silly not to throw in an Endor coat.

Jaina Solo
06-26-2002, 01:48 PM
I can live without the Endor coat- I have POTF2 Endor Han around here somewhere, and he's quite scary.

Not too sure about the Saga Endor Han though...opened mine last night and the jury's still out. I don't care much, but is action feature sorta doesn't work (push the button, they say. right, it doesn't push in.) and his right arm is really floppy, though not as much as GR Mace's arm is.

Oh yeah, and I'm not sure I can get him to stand up on his own. He looses points on the coolness scale if I have to build him something to lean on.

I like the suction cup detonators, though. Lots of fun.

RooJay
06-27-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
I've picked up several of these and i just gave it and had to open one. Boy i wish i hadn't...his right arm is atrocious..plus his vest was black in the movie WHY couldn't THEY GET IT RIGHT! Overall i'm very dissappointed...I hope chewie is much better...Hasbro should stop the gimmicks!

billy

Why did you buy "several" of them anyway? Especially considering that you didn't ike the one you opened. :confused:

By the way, bigB how can you say Death Star Escape Han is has the best likeness? I think he looks awful, and not at all like Harrison! I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one; the new Han is a MUCH better likeness in my opinion. :happy:

Rogue II
06-27-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I still think it was silly not to throw in an Endor coat.

There is an Endor coat in the Endor Accessory pack.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:10 AM
not bad figure, but i'm not to thrilled about the quick draw action.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
As far as likeness to Harrison Ford, DSE Han wins hands down. CTC Han is good for an overall figure, as is Bespin Capture Han; but the likenesses are a little blah.

Normally I won't 'flame' but I have to say to BigB, "Huh, what are you smokin'?" ;)

I couldn't disagree with anyone more. He looks nothing like HF, more like Ashton K. from 70's Show. That goofy look on his face just couldn't be further from what Han really looks like.

OK, enough of this frivolous discussion. Let's get back to creating world peace and curing cancer. :D

figrin bran
06-27-2002, 11:07 AM
goofy look indeed. and on mine, the way the eyes were painted makes him look cross eyed.

bigbarada
06-27-2002, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen the Endor Raid Han so I have no idea how good his likeness turned out.

As for the DSE Han, here is a picture of what I am talking about. The only thing really off is his eyebrows other than that the facial structure is very solid and an overall excellent likeness of Harrison Ford the way he looked in 1975. Not the way he looked in 1980 or 1983 or now, but the way he looked in 1975.

Beast
06-27-2002, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the pic comparison, BigB. It is a very good likeness, other then the eyebrows, like you said. You should do one like that for Luke: X-Wing as well, since almost noone considers it an accurate likeness. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
06-27-2002, 03:25 PM
DSE Han looks like Billy Zane to me. The Endor raid Han is so far the best likenes to Harrison followed by the Bespin Han. I don't care what HF looked like in 1974 if the figure looks like him at any stage of his life I'd be happy rather than get some expressionistic rendition of who knows who in Harrisons place.

I don't like the gimmick at all. I think it harms a potentialy bloody excellent figure. Without the arm feature the figure would have been so cool. But the shoulder is too high and the rivet at the back is distracting. The droid caller button sticks out too far to be unnoticeable. Shame they ruined another one.......

Obi starfighter pilot is pants. I gave his robe to POTJ Obi-Wan so i could finally get a half decent Obi with hood down but with robe for my cantina. Looks good freaking out Tuskens as well :D

No chewbaccas here yet but hopefully soon.......

Actually the 25th anniversary Han is a pretty good likeness to Harrison how he looked in 1974. The sculpt is taken from either the costume test shots before they filmed the movie when his hair was shorter. or the publicity shots from after they shot the movie when he'd cut his hair.
I don't know which is right but it's definately photo acurate. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Sorry BigB. I can only see a good resemblance with the mouth. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

As for the lack of an Endor cloak, I'm glad they left it off. Han doesn't have it in the scene when he used the detonators, only when they first land on the moon. It would have just detracted from the figure by making it immobile. A cloth one on the other hand...

RooJay
06-27-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Actually the 25th anniversary Han is a pretty good likeness to Harrison how he looked in 1974. The sculpt is taken from either the costume test shots before they filmed the movie when his hair was shorter. or the publicity shots from after they shot the movie when he'd cut his hair.
I don't know which is right but it's definately photo acurate. :)

Thank you, I was just about to mention that! I do see what bigB means now; DSE Han is a pretty good likeness as well. It's just not the one I prefer. The 25th anniversary version is darn near photo accurate AND is an excellent likeness for Harrison at nearly any point in his career. I'd like to add that it seems the sculptors lifted this exact same face sculpt and used it on the new Endor Han figure as well (the face looks exactly the same with the hair having been slightly resculpted to match Harrison's style in ROTJ).

To BillyJAck, I'm still interested in knowing why you bought "several" of them when you apparently don't even like the figure?

corporal AMF
06-27-2002, 04:54 PM
I don't understand................25 years or so
and Hasbro couldn't make a decent Han or Luke sculpt!!!!!!!!!! :(
I Still can'tr get it how could that be possible......every other company can make a good sculpt but hasbre can't?

Beast
06-27-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by corporal AMF
I don't understand................25 years or so
and Hasbro couldn't make a decent Han or Luke sculpt!!!!!!!!!! :(
I Still can'tr get it how could that be possible......every other company can make a good sculpt but hasbre can't?
There have been alot of decent Han and Luke sculpts, what do you mean by decent? Just look at the photo comparisons. As for you info, not many other companies have so many consumers with such high expectations. Not to mention that most action figure lines, arn't based on actual human charecters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
06-27-2002, 06:39 PM
For you info ROOJAY i picked up several to sell to people on this board for my cost cause not everyone can find Han since he's currently one to a case. Just trynna help some folks out so they don't have to pay scalper prices.. FYI hope that help you out. pLUS I REALLY HATED THIS FIGURE till.....I got his right arm to finally stay up for good with use of elasctic. He now looks GREAT. I take it back I really think this is a good looking figure ONCE you get his right arm to stay up.

BillyJAcK

bigbarada
06-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Strangely enough, even though I like the DSE Han's face the best (I don't own the Endor Raid version yet so I can't comment on it), his wacky pose ruins him. As far as overall coolness I still think Bespin Capture Han is the best one yet. That probably won't change anytime soon since the Endor Raid one looses major points because of his action feature.

25th Han is a very good likeness also, I actually forgot to mention that one. Of course he is another one pose wonder; but that was the whole point. Commtech Han just looks too frail for me and his face is too angular to present a good likeness and when he's not sitting down flicking spackle off the wall, he looks kind of silly. And every Han figure before the CTC version simply used the exact same head, which looked too much like a caracature; so those are out of the running.

Bespin Capture has that cool expression, which may not be the best likeness but has plenty of attitude. Ball-socket shoulders, working holster, no bending knees but that's okay. I've never been completely satisfied with Hasbro's knee joints until I saw the new Bespin Luke.