PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo (Endor Raid): a capsule review.

JEDIpartner
06-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Well... I have to say that each Han figure that has come out since the Commtech version has gotten worse and worse... with the exception of the Silver Anniversary set. Taking a cue from that aforementioned set, Hasblah used a similar facial sculpt, but sadly the face is now bent. He's deformed. Sad.

The overall figure is pretty useless. His action feature doesn't really have any dynamic to it and it hardly looks like "quick draw" or "throwing a punch". The pose is absolutely terrible. While a similar pose worked with the "statues" in the Anniversary box, it makes this figure a terrible eyesore in my collection.

The gun looks great, but is the smallest version I've seen so far. It is also very flimsy. The grenades are basically little suction cups, which is kinda cool. It will be nice to get a couple more of these with the upcoming Target accessory sets.

D

Rogue II
06-28-2002, 07:02 AM
I've started calling this figure Endor Han "Quick Draw" McSolo.

On the downside:
-overposed
-action gimmick makes him even less poseable
-his right shoulder is hidious because of the action gimmick

On the upside:
-His action gimmick is better hidden than say, Vader or Luke
-The Target accessory pack comes with a trenchcoat that will hide the ugly right shoulder. (I know, he doesn't wear the coat for the entire scene) I just hope the coat fits him.
-I do like it better than the POTJ2 version

2-1B
06-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Excellent review, before leaving him on the pegs I was disgusted by how silly his mug looks. :mad:

:)

Bent Wookie
07-09-2002, 01:12 AM
You know this I just don't get. I think the likeness on the new Han is (from certain angles) really great! I also think the pose is light years ahead of the Death Star Han, and the action feature really works well. So I give it a 3 out of 4 stars mainly because he could have more articulation and I rarely give perfect scores.

So I do think the Han is very nice...from a certain point of view... :D

Ba-dum-Bum-Chsch!

Thank you! I'm here all week... :D

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 09:04 AM
I'll have him included in my top-notch review section on Sunday.

IMHO the new Bespin Han was released after COMMtech Han and I think the Bespin Han is the absolute best. :D

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I'll have him included in my top-notch review section on Sunday.

IMHO the new Bespin Han was released after COMMtech Han and I think the Bespin Han is the absolute best. :D

I also think Bespin Capture Han is really great. Personally though, the Commtech Han will always be my favorite.

Who on earth did they get to design the OT Commtech figures? And why aren't they still making them that great? (Han, Floppy hat Luke, Holo R2, Motti etc...):mad:

Anyways, my Endor Han will hopefully arive in the mail today so I can compare it to your reviews for myself.:)

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 12:00 PM
I know! The OT COMMtech Greedo, Han, Stormtrooper, etc. were the best representations of their characters!

gibbspaulus
07-10-2002, 07:09 AM
Got my Han today and I am almost apalled! It's like a butch version of Arena Padme!! I agree with Jedipartnr that the action feature is less of a feature, and more of a whimper!

D'oh Hasbro!

morecow299
07-14-2002, 12:27 AM
yeah i hate the han. his face is messed, his quick draw sucks, and all in all he is just a bad figure