PDA

View Full Version : How do people get Star Wars figures so quick? Is it where I live?

DarthJdog
06-26-2002, 08:47 AM
dude, i have hans and obi-wan pilot pegwarming in my wal-mart along with the acklay and new deluxes.... kinda awkward how much of an impact where you live. I pass by my local targets and Wal-marts and seem to have no problem getting mostly if not all 40 figures... Djas and Palp show up at target once in a while and WAL-MART... hehehe.. i just saw 26 obi's the other day. 13 chews, and 13 hans.. Today i saw 6 more obi's and 1 han. I left them there because I know they will be there still. So how is the hunting at where you live? I read on the forums and people in different areas get Saga figures but at different times and different abundance. Heck, where i live there must be acklays everywhere, and pegwarming new deluxes... why is it so hard for some of you to get your figures and why does hasbro only send so much to each city?

Well, good luck and happy hunting to those who havent found what they wanted... its getting boring overe here in San Diego because nothing else has came out yet that is particularly new since the obi-wave.

MTFBWY, Jason

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Cause the warehouses don't like Oklahoma stores obviously. :frus:

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 08:51 AM
peg warmers over here are the Luminara Underli, Jango Fett KE, Kit Fitso, Shaak Ti, and at mejers all the have is Luke Bespins

DarthJdog
06-26-2002, 09:02 AM
peg warmers all over san diego are 1-35 and sometimes 39,40... the new wave obi,ha,and chew arrive at the store, and within 2 days they will be gone... but if you get to that store within that 24 hours they stock, u will get a piece of that wave! =)

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 09:08 AM
The figures hit California first, then distributed from there.

DarthJdog
06-26-2002, 09:27 AM
No way, they hit eastcoast first. I cant even find a Dexter Jettster w/BG!

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Dude, it was like that at Super Wal-Mart for me this morning. Probably around 20 each of Chewie, Han, JSP Obi-Wan, Bespin Luke & Vader, Acklay, etc. I actually had to get a cart to carry all my stuff to the register (and that hasn't happened in a while).

hango fett
06-26-2002, 09:32 AM
they don't like oklahoma? they must hate ohio! it's about a month behind! they are just now getting bespin wave and orn free taa wave in mass quantities!

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by DarthJdog
No way, they hit eastcoast first. I cant even find a Dexter Jettster w/BG!

I'm pretty sure the figures are shipped from Asia to a port in California. I'm not sure if it is in San Diego, LA, or further up the coast. From there, Hasbro distributes the figures to the retailers. Maybe JarJarBinks or Tycho will be able to clairify the exact process.

I think you may have just been unlucky and not seen that particular variation. I don't follow variations and errors, so I won't pretend to know about them.

DarthJdog
06-26-2002, 09:57 AM
I know Tycho, he lives in san diego, but i havent met him. I know of a person who knows him and who knows if he knows how hasbro ships stuff.. hehe. Him and I have had luck at the WAL-MARTS here in San Diego. If you want to see some of our finds look at our just found USA (San Diego findings!!!) forum...

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 10:44 AM
dude down here their just getting bespin wave to and i havent even seen orn free taa wave yet also i cant find a single YODA!last time i saw him and the only time he was in the hands of a little 5 year old I was goanna steal from him....

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-26-2002, 10:45 AM
The only way i got orn free taa's wave and the rest of them is when i went on vacation and they still didnt have YODA!

SNAYSON
06-26-2002, 02:32 PM
i don't find too much stuff here in the NY/NJ area that easy when new stuff come out. seems to be a month behind or doesn't show up at all! or maybe i'm not checking the stores everyday like some people do.

yukface27
06-26-2002, 02:53 PM
For the most part, up in Washington, I've been getting majority of all the figures I want. I missed the last POTJ wave, but that's ok. I also have yet to see the new Chrewie and Han (Vader and Luke I have seen) and new deluxes, but I haven't been out there hunting much either. The thing that is soon to happen I heard, is the closing of the Hasbro warehouse up here. I'm assuming that's going to mean a big lack of Star Wars figs up here. That's such a bummer. I'm going to be sad if the next time I go to Target, all I can get is a Peasent Disguise Anakin and a Zam Wessell *tear*.

Jargo
06-26-2002, 03:03 PM
I got Obi starfighter pilot and Han Endor today. No Chewbacca though oddly. Pegwarmers in my TRU are clonetrooper, mace geo rescue, jango final battle and most of the first waves. We still haven't seen any new deluxe stuff or the Acklay yet but I think all that is due out here in July.... jeez what a wait! Weird thing is that my TRU gets so little of everything but seems to get everything. I don't think there's anything I've not been able to get this time round. I gave up waiting for Dooku and got him online just as he showed up at TRU finally. Coulda saved myself the shipping there... oh well.
I'm worried that TRU over here will stop stocking the stuff again next year once the hubbub dies down. Movie Tie in stuff is stocked for a period only, like up until xmas and then they filter it out for the next flavour of the month. Hope hasbro are working to keep the stock flowing into TRU. I really don't want to start buyng everything online again like I had to during the POTJ drought here in the UK. Can you imagine a whole year with no STAR WARS stock in TRU? That's what we got. You guys got it lucky.

OriginalBryGuy
06-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Actually I have a theory about this.

In Indy anyway, Walmarts, Targets, and Toys R' Us locations closer to downtown don't have squat but you get out past the county line and newer figures seem to show up more frequently.

My theory (based purely on observation here anyway) is that the further from your town, or major city you go, the more likely you are to find newer figs...

JediDan
06-26-2002, 04:59 PM
Minneapolis area tends to be about 6 weeks later then when California starts getting the new batches. And yes OriginalBry Guy I have noticed the same thing to here around Minneapolis. 90% of my finds are in small towns about 50 miles out of the city. I can not find a thing throughout the twin cities. Peculiar. :)

chubbychicken
06-27-2002, 01:15 AM
well its harsh here for me becuz canda is the last place to get EVERYTHING haha i still havent even gotten a dooku yet

thespar
07-01-2002, 04:32 PM
The only one that has anything over these of us out by Fort Bragg NC is canada. About two - three weeks ago i final go all the Bespin Wave but still can not find the Qui-Gon Jinn and Chewie and do not get me started on the newiest ones.

Jedi Juice
07-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Well, I randomly find my figures at the strangest times. I guess it's part luck and well, something else that I'm not sure of..... oh, it's the force!

DarthJdog
07-01-2002, 09:30 PM
yeah, i came across a lot of
Obi wave and unleashed along with 12 inch jangos EVERYWHERE all over wal-mart! The new deluxes are peg warming... i just dont get it! all the old figures are all gone!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-01-2002, 10:19 PM
I'm still looking for the Acklay, Obi Wan (Pilot), Djas Puhr, Supreme Senator Palpatine, and Chewbacca here in TX... :(

Jedi Juice
07-02-2002, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I still need Puhr Palp, over here in New Orleans, but I'm still looking.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-02-2002, 12:29 AM
I usually find the new figures mid week and only during the afternoon times. Last week on Wednesday I had the day off and went on a toy run spanning a couple of different townships. I hit every store before rush hour and I picked up a Han Endor raid, Senator Palpy, and saw a Jedi Obi-Wan and a Djas Puhr. In fact I saw multiples of everyone except Palpy. Also had no trouble finding the deluxe Nexus and Anakin slicing and dicing a Genosian. I am sure if I went at my normal time after work those figures would have all disappeared.

DarthJdog
07-02-2002, 12:30 AM
To be honest, I have seen 5 times more Chewbacca wave compared to the Palpatine Wave. I don't know but all i know is that Palp and Puhr are going to be pegwarmers when Collection 2 Wave 7 comes out (featuring Ki Adi Mundi and Peemto pagelis or somethin) Because they store 2x puhr and 2x palp in that wave

aharry
07-02-2002, 01:54 AM
If the figures come into California first then I now know why Tampa always gets stuff 2 months after initial sightings. Orn waves and Bespin waves seem to have just hit here about a week ago I think.

KEBco
07-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

I'm pretty sure the figures are shipped from Asia to a port in California. I'm not sure if it is in San Diego, LA, or further up the coast. From there, Hasbro distributes the figures to the retailers.

Hasbro has a distribution warehouse in Ontario, CA.
From there the cases are shipped to the retailers. The exception is the large retail stores like Walmart, TRU, etc. Their product is shipped directly to their warehouse from the Hasbro manufactoring plant. This is why some of the large retailers get merchandise weeks before you see it anywhere else.

KEBco

Rogue II
07-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by KEBco

Hasbro has a distribution warehouse in Ontario, CA.
From there the cases are shipped to the retailers. The exception is the large retail stores like Walmart, TRU, etc. Their product is shipped directly to their warehouse from the Hasbro manufactoring plant. This is why some of the large retailers get merchandise weeks before you see it anywhere else.

KEBco

Thank you for the clarificatioin

DarthJdog
07-02-2002, 03:21 PM
thank you