PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett Unleashed

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 10:45 AM
I just picked up the Jango Fett Unleashed figure this morning, and man do I love that thing. It's a statue, for sure; it's only play value is that it's sort of fun to "assemble" but I really like it. Looks awesome. I had to root around for a good paint job though. I passed on the Darth Maul Unleashed because I couldn't get over that goofy grin and ridiculous pose, but I can't wait for the Unleashed Anakin and Vader.

Anyone else have thoughts on the Unleashed figs?

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 10:50 AM
I like both of the Unleashed figures so far and hopefully the line will get better and better. They have the coveted space on my desk right now, I love 'em.

Oh yeah, what fun it was to "assemble". It took me 15 minutes to get all those stupid twist-ties of Jango's and Boba's limbs - everytime I thought I had them all, another one would pop up. :rolleyes:

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Actually the twist ties on mine were really thin and came off within seconds. Not at all like what I'm used to seeing from Hasbro.

The Darth Vader
06-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Where did you guys find the Unleashed figures I couldn't seem to find any of them in my loca WM, Target, or TRU.

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 11:27 AM
Super Wal-Mart here in Texas. The shelves/pegs were bone-dry yesterday morning; this morning it looked like they got in 50 cases of SW stuff. I've never seen an aisle packed with so much new stuff as this morning.

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Same here in Denver. The Wal-Marts around here didn't get anything new for a long time. Then a couple weeks ago, they've been getting shipment after shipment of the new waves.

Thunderstorm1
06-26-2002, 04:36 PM
I have them both and have to say they are pretty awesome.

I myself cannot wait for the Anakin and the Vader

Found mine at Super Wal-Mart

Hellboy
06-26-2002, 11:16 PM
I found both of these at my local TRU and talked to the manager who said that each store got just one case. I'm not sure how many come in a case but I'd assume its probably 3 of both Jango and Maul. I've yet to see them anywhere else since.

I was very impressed with the detail and for those of you who usually leave everything in the package, you can't fully appreciate these until you've opened them. Personally I'm most excited about Vader.

RAVAZ
06-26-2002, 11:43 PM
What exactly are these Unleased figures? You guys make them sound like models. Are they?

Hellboy
06-27-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by RAVAZ
What exactly are these Unleased figures? You guys make them sound like models. Are they?

They are basically highly detailed statues as opposed to action figures and stand around 10 inches tall.
Check the picture archivers for visuals but as far as a description goes this is how Hasbro describes this line...

These powerful and meticulously designed, artist-interpreted sculptures capture some of the most compelling Star Wars characters in their rawest and most electrifying moments. Their innermost emotions and essences are frozen in time with stunning artistry and detail. Collect them all for a stunning display of one of the greatest sagas of all time.

heroclixplayer
06-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Unleashed figure are so statue like, Might as well buy a lego set if you like to assemble stuff! Jango is cool, Darth Maul is like 3 3/4 size, you get no plastic with him. And meijers and TRU are getting in new shipments, TRU has them for 14.99 and meijers has them for 16.99. Meijers I see, has run out of regular Saga, They bought like 1 case!

Jayspawn
06-27-2002, 01:16 AM
I really like both of them. Darth Maul is probably my favorite so far. Darth Shifty is right about the safety ties. They took forever to get off! The detail is very impressive and seem 'McFarlane-like.' Fun to assemble.

Personally, I'll pass on Anakin. I don't like the pose and the likeness stinks.

heroclixplayer
06-27-2002, 02:01 AM
It's even got the Mcfarlane like detail

It's even got the Standard Mcfaralane articulation! LOL ROFL

Mandalorian Candidat
06-28-2002, 11:47 AM
I just can't stand these POCs. This is Hasbro's lame attempt to be more McFarlane like. They look like total statues with zero play value. Jango looks OK, but what's up with Boba? What's he crying about? "Daddy, I just dropped my ice cream cone." He doesn't look anything like the actor either.

The DM is even worse. He looks like he's grunting out some razor-edged Krusty-Os. All the lightsabers look like they're made of cheap material because they're bent in the bubble.

The only redeeming value is that they come with a TCG card, but I won't get one just for those.

IMO these will end up just like the holo DMs and QuiGons of the EP1 line: a bunch of high priced pegwarmers taking away space from new 3 3/4" figures.

chubbychicken
06-29-2002, 02:32 AM
i cant seem to find them anywhere here i dont think they are relaesed here yet i hope soon though = )

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-29-2002, 04:10 AM
My local KB got a ton of the Unleashed figures.

RAVAZ
06-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Whats a good asking price for these Unleashed figures? I saw them today at a comics and toy store. They had the Darth Maul and Jango. They were about $15.99 each. Is that a fait deal? I thought they looked cool.

Forhekset
06-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Whats a good asking price for these Unleashed figures? I saw them today at a comics and toy store. They had the Darth Maul and Jango. They were about $15.99 each. Is that a fait deal? I thought they looked cool.

They're $14.97 at Wal-Mart, so $15.99 isn't too bad.

RAVAZ
06-29-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm going to TX for a week. I'm gonna see how the figures are over there. If I don't come home with some, I'll get it then. Thanks!

I hope to find the Anakin. It looks really nice. Isn't there also suppose to be a Darth Vader?

Forhekset
06-29-2002, 03:27 PM
I'm going to TX for a week. I'm gonna see how the figures are over there. If I don't come home with some, I'll get it then. Thanks!

I hope to find the Anakin. It looks really nice. Isn't there also suppose to be a Darth Vader?

TX is where I live, and the figures here are pretty good. :D I hit the jackpot the other morning at a Super Wal-Mart....I was already caught up on all the Saga figs, but I bought the Unleashed Jango & some extras of Han, Chewie, JSP Obi-Wan, and the Acklay. Palpy and Djas Puhr still haven't shown up around here, though.

As far as I know the Anakin and Vader aren't out yet, but they are coming. I think right now all that's out is Jango and Maul.

Tycho
07-01-2002, 05:09 AM
They hit big at the Wal*Mart in Santee out here near San Diego.

What's big? They had 4 pegs of regular action figures, on the standard Hasbro wall of StarWars at Wal*Marts (the whole isle in other words). Then they had maybe 12-15 pegs of Deluxe Figures including the Mace with the red droid, mostly Nexus and Anakin v. Geonosians. But the rest were Unleased Figures. So they had maybe 50 - 70 of them.

I was not impressed!

The "boxes" (which hang) were dark and hard to see in them. When you did look close, they weren't assembled in the packaging, which would have made them look cooler - especially Maul. And then when you did look, the paint jobs were shoddy. On Maul that was easiest to tell.

As far as Jango looks - well, they messed up Boba. I completely agree with Mandalorian Candidate's review of this stuff.

And if Wal*Mart has 70 of them, and yours gets that many in the next week or so, they will be $2.98 by August or September, I bet. Or by Labor Day sales. Wait until "Markdown Target" gets a hold of these! And don't worry. If they sell for 15 bucks (I didn't check) and actually sell out, KayBee will still have them for 21 dollars I'm sure (I don't really know their price, just being sarcastic about it) and KayBee will eventually clear them.

Now I met the sculptor and he's a dedicated fan and a cool guy. At least he was the one working on Padme at the Celebration. I don't know if he did Boba Fett, and I appologize to the artist for sounding so harsh. It's art and it will be scrutinized by critics. But I guess I'm just grumpy because I didn't find Ki-Adi Mundi, or Teemto, or whatever might be new and its first day shipping.

By the way, the artist I met did create Padme Pilot who looks awesome and I was hoping I'd find pretty early. No go though.

So I left the Unleashed to gather dust and went home empty handed. :cry:

No new toys today....

(oh, eventually I may change my mind about the Unleashed, but I'll only pay a clearance price. Right now it's just not my cup of tea).

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 06:12 AM
IMO they all look fairly boring. If they're trying to capture their "innermost emotions" then I'd rather see a Luke from the Dawn scene, or a Han that's just about to be lowered into the carbo unit after the "I love you - I know" dialouge.

Jango's not bad, but I don't see the point of making Boba like that, looks more like Jango's kidnapping him.

Vader looks kinda cool, but I'd rather see a statue of Anakin from E2 on Tatooine with half his body being Anakin w/ his cloak on and the other half being Vader. Not really something you'd look at from the side but would make a good desk piece with him looking away into the sunset sort of like Luke did but with a background that has Shmi's grave in it.

mrmiller
07-01-2002, 10:12 AM
They both look cool, but for little statues I think $15.00 or so is a little pricey. They should be ten bucks lor less, not even any articulation. NE1 remember how much the "epic force" figures were at retail? I'm guessing these will not sell to crazy at their high price. Collectors will want them, but kids would most likely go with 3 figures over 1 statue. Expect any store who gets a big load of these to have them on clearance in the near future.

=MATT=

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 03:40 PM
They're not really that small, mrmiller. Jango is around 8" wide and a little over 6" tall. $15 really isn't that expensive for these IMO.

anarky
07-01-2002, 03:55 PM
i got both of these last night--probably wasted my money and knew it--but i wanted them now even if it means seeing them on clearance and kicking my own butt

initial pics made these look like crap--darth maul is really a nice piece--i can't call him a figure, since neither have any articulation at all

jango/boba is almost as nice--interesting that boba and not jango has a removable head--i like the rain effects on the base

they look very comic-bookish--an interesting approach

any word on future figures--or will this go the way of epic force and jedi powers assortments?

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by anarky
any word on future figures--or will this go the way of epic force and jedi powers assortments?

So far Unleashed Anakin, Vader, and Padme are planned, as far as I know. I'm not sure about more after that, though I'd like to see an Unleashed Boba Fett (original trilogy of course), Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, Clonetrooper, Stormtrooper, Slave Leia, Kamino Duel Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon, among others.

Tycho
07-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Uleashed Han and Chewie without a doubt!

And how about Bespin Escape Leia with R2 making that steam cloud?

Lando should be made Bespin Escape Style too.

Yoda Unleashed - catching and throwing off Dooku's lightning!

Obi-Wan could also be made Unleashed catching Dooku's lightning on his lightsaber!

Dooku and Palpatine Unleashed (different figures) with Lightning could also rock.

Royal Guard Unleashed too - but Kir Kanos style all the way!

Mace Unleashed too!

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tycho

Obi-Wan could also be made Unleashed catching Dooku's lightning on his lightsaber!

Dooku and Palpatine Unleashed (different figures) with Lightning could also rock.

Mace Unleashed too!

I like all your ideas, Tycho. I'd also add a Dagobah Fatigues Luke w/ Yoda on his back, possibly, as well as an ANH version of Leia...either with Leia holding gun up and to her side (you know the pose I mean), or Leia bending down to give R2 the DS plans.

Maybe an Unleashed Jabba?

But I thought you weren't impressed with the Unleashed line - or are you just unimpressed so far, but you might buy other figures when and if they make them?

mrmiller
07-02-2002, 09:02 AM
I was not too happy with spending $15 for the new Darth Maul Unleashed figure. They had just put them out Saturday, and didn't have any price tags on them. So I picked one up and was shocked at the register when it was $15 I was hoping for more like $10). I thought, it looks really cool, and bought it anyhow. When I got home and opened it, I noticed it had Zero articulation and was basically a statuette. Still I was OK with it as it addorns my bookshelf looking ever so cool. Then last night I noticed that his double bladed lightsaber is suffering from Gummy-ites. It's starting to bow in the middle and droop on both sides. What the hell is up with that? Now I am dissapointed in this peice of Hasbro quality merchandise. Has anyone else had this problem? Way to go Hasbro! Nice quality in your collectors peices. :frus:

=MATT=

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

Mace Unleashed too!

Great ideas, I'd go with those and my ideas. (of course :D )

You know them though, they've gotta get out the main characters first no matter what so they'll make money off of initial sales then the line will die and they won't have to care about it later on and just concentrate on their main sellers.

Forhekset
07-02-2002, 09:22 AM
mrmiller, I didn't pick up the Darth Maul, but my Jango has a similar problem with the antenna on his helmet. It's bent slightly inwards, and no matter how much I try to bend it back out, it just goes right back. I'm afraid to bend it TOO much, or it might break off...otherwise no problems here. That sucks about the Maul though. And speaking of quality, out of the 3 Jangos Wal-Mart had, the first two I picked up had very noticeable paint defects (on one of them, Boba's face had a big white blotch on his cheek). I shouldn't have to root around for a good paint job when paying $15 for a toy...for a $5 Saga figure, I can live with sloppy paint. But not for a $15 Unleashed fig.

Anyway I could have told you that they have zero articulation and are basically shelfpieces before you went out and bought one. :)