PDA

View Full Version : MIIB -aka- What did you think of MIB2? (merged)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Has anyone heard any word (good or bad) on this movie? I saw the first one on video and thought it was just OK, but the trailer on this one looks really good.

I scored some free tix for a premier screening in SLC on Monday. Does anyone know if it's worth the 2 hr. round trip to see it?

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 10:26 AM
Why not? It's Tommy Lee Jones being funny and you get to see it for free, an opportunity that doesn't come along very often. ;)

Plus even if ya don't like it, you can say you spent the money on the gas for the free screening, not the money on a ticket. ;)

BlahBlahBlah
06-26-2002, 01:30 PM
I read the book. It's pretty good, but I loved the first one, so I don't know what that means to you. Should be good for laughs and eye candy, in any case.

DeadEye
06-26-2002, 01:33 PM
It doesn't matter if it's good or not--go see it for the Terminator 3 trailer!!! :D

BlahBlahBlah
06-26-2002, 01:36 PM
T3 trailer?!?!

Man, I am so out of the loop. I didn't expect to see a T3 trailer for a while. Any word on when the actual movie's coming out?

anarky
06-26-2002, 01:48 PM
men in black 2 and terminator 3 = one sequel too many for both franchises

can hollywood leave well enough alone?

are they trying to put too much talking dog in this picture?

and where oh where is the lovely linda fiorintino or however you spell her name?

187-Maul
06-26-2002, 02:10 PM
I would rather pay money for the ticket to see it in your town then spending more money then the ticket on the gas for driving there
but I would go see it if I were you, I'll probabaly do since I've got aout 5 free movie tix that I have to spent till August

DeadEye
06-26-2002, 02:28 PM
T3 is supposed to come out summer 2003. I believe...

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by anarky
and where oh where is the lovely linda fiorintino or however you spell her name?

I was wondering the exact same thing. I hate when a movie sets up a sequel only to have the actual sequel ignore it completely. I was really looking forward to seeing Linda Fiorentino along with Wil Smith in this one. If they really wanted to bring back Tommy Lee Jones that badly, why not have all three of them?

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

I was wondering the exact same thing. I hate when a movie sets up a sequel only to have the actual sequel ignore it completely. I was really looking forward to seeing Linda Fiorentino along with Wil Smith in this one. If they really wanted to bring back Tommy Lee Jones that badly, why not have all three of them?

I guess they picked Frank the Pug over her. :(

Doesn't make sense though, since she basically became J's partner at the end of 1. Maybe they'll explain what happened to her.

BlahBlahBlah
06-26-2002, 10:05 PM
She's not present, at least in the book, and she's not even mentioned. I don't know what happened.

InsaneJediGirl
06-26-2002, 10:28 PM

:( :( I was looking foward to seeing her as J's partner.I'm guessing Boyle is the bad-woman in this movie?Where are the roach aliens:D

SQueek
06-26-2002, 11:36 PM
i also have 2 free tickets cas i work in a grocery store and we had alot of cases of pop with a contest to win tickets, and we just open then up and put the cans out so i went though all the boxes and found a winner

Jedi Juice
06-26-2002, 11:47 PM
I think MIIB should be funny, although it would be nice to see a sequel go along with the ending of the previous movie, like others have stated. Although I am glad that TLJ will be back in this one.

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl

:( :( I was looking foward to seeing her as J's partner.I'm guessing Boyle is the bad-woman in this movie?Where are the roach aliens:D

It looks like things are flashier in this one, I think the Roach Aliens would be hiding from that... :D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-01-2002, 03:46 PM

You know, I could swear that I've seen Linda Fiorentino's name attached to this one. I can't remember if it was in EW, Hollywood.com, or another site, but I do remember seeing it with Will Smith, TLJ, LFB, and Tony Shaloub's names.

Jonna
07-01-2002, 03:54 PM
men in black 2 and terminator 3 = one sequel too many for both franchises

are they trying to put too much talking dog in this picture?

BEAT THE DEAD HORSE!!!!!!
:crazed:

anarky
07-01-2002, 03:54 PM
that's a relief--she's the only reason i'd see this even on video

(wayne/garth growling noise)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-02-2002, 12:35 AM
I just got back from the screening so I'll give you my two cents. Before you start reading I do have some spoilers in my review and some more spoilers afterwards.
I didn't want to use the thumbs up or thumbs down icon because I'm still debating about if I liked this movie or not. My first impression is blah, take it or leave it.

I didn't like Lara Flynn Boyle. She just didn't make that good of a villain. I can't remember who was the original pick for the role, but she would have been better than LFB. The roach from MIB was a better bad guy. She really didn't do a whole lot except at the very beginning and end, which may be a good thing because she annoyed the heck out of me. I just kept thinking about her character in The Practice but wearing a super wonder bra with snakes for fingers.

Will Smith ruined the movie for me. He was trying too hard by acting as a bad A/funny guy/smart alec all at the same time. Maybe someone should have told him this wasn't the sequel to Ali. He had a couple of funny lines, but most were from the previews and commercials.

Tommy Lee Jones was OK, but they only brought him in about halfway in. However, he wasn't nearly as good as in MIB. He just didn't have that cool, calm, I-know-what-I'm-doing attitude. It was more like, "I'm an old man leave me alone." But then he all of the sudden is OK, I'm K again.

I noticed that whenever K was with J, J was so whipped like a little puppy around around a big dog. First J would act all big and bad, but then he was a total opposite, like a little kid who was just tongue-lashed. Yes they weren't exactly equals in MIB, but it was OK then. We could see Will Smith turning into an agent, but at this point he should already be able to hold is own. It wasn't a good gimmick to show how much K was in charge. It just made J look more like raw rookie.

What really bugged me was that dumb dog Frank and those stupid worms. They both had what, like 5 minutes of combined time in MIB? Here there are only a handful of shots with them not in the movie. They were both sooooo annoying. There were the stupid dog jokes about smelling/chasing their own A's and of course one reeeeeeally obligatory scene with the dog in that Kick-A Mercedes playing Who Let The Dogs Out. The two trailer queens behind me thought that was the funniest thing ever put on celluloid. They were cackling for about 20 minutes after that.

Also, Patrick Warburton was in it for about 10 minutes as Tee, J's partner. He played the role as if he were David Puddy from Seinfeld and was a total wuss. He was gone after the first post-credit scene. A big waste. He would have been better literally playing Puddy as a MIB in a threesome with J and K.

I have no idea why Johnny Knoxville is in this movie. He only acts as a Waylon Smithers to LFB and does it poorly. I can only guess that Barry Sonenfield owns shares in Jackass and feels its ratings need bolstering. He's sooo annoying, especially that second head thing. A totally useless character.

BTW, Linda Fiorentino or whatever her name is, is not in the movie. In fact, she's only mentioned in passing as agent L. I guess she wanted to go back to working as a coroner or whatever she was so J neuralized her.

One last note before the spoilers. They didn't show the T3 trailer. Probably because it was a sneak preview. They only showed XXX. I was totally turned off to seeing it before, but the trailer did look good and the movie looks like it may actually have a plot to it.

SPOILERS

The opening sequence is just Kick-A. It starts with a cheesy TV show clip, a la the one Leonard Nimoy used to do, with Peter Graves as the host. It's kind of funny in a crummy 50's sci-fi movie way, but does a good job in introducing the premise of the movie. Then it goes on with LFB's spaceship blowing up all these planets before landing on Earth. The graphics are really slick.

The subway scene is good, but you pretty much see the whole thing in the trailers and commercials.

Michael Jackson shows up as an alien who wants to work for MIB. It was a dumb cameo, although it did take some cojones for him to do it.

The scene on the commercials with the boombox aliens in the post office is pretty good. Notice that the kind of bald alien with long hair is Steve Ducsay who did FX on the Mummy movies.

There's a good scene with a locker in Grand Central Station with a whole culture of rat-men who worship K and a card from a video store. It reminded me of the Treehouse of Horror with Lisa's tooth-world.

The ending is soooo freaking lame. The MIB have to return the "light of something or other" to its planet before it explodes. After you figure out what the light really is, it makes no sense as to why it would destroy the whole planet. It's not nearly as good as a doomsday ending like in MIB. Plus they kill off LFB like 3-4 times before she actually dies. Then, once you think the movie's over they go back to HQ and have this lame conversation between J, K, and Z (I refuse to call him Z-e-d). Then they try to recreate a similar ending to MIB with the universe-in-a-marble thing, but it's really pitiful.

If you're really into MIB, then maybe you'll like it. I only saw MIB once, but my impression is that it was way better than this one. I would save the preemo bucks and see it at the matinee instead. At least I got to get in for free.

There is one really good line that J has and I just have to share it, so turn away unless you don't care.

There's a scene where LFB invades HQ, so J and K get flushed through this gigantic toilet bowl right before K can get reneuralyzed. So they visit Tony Shaloub's character from the first movie (the guy who's head they blow up and it grows back). He has a homemade reneuralyzer so they use it on K. LFB sends four alien bounty hunters to get K (he knows the secret of the light thingy) right after he's been returned to normal. As K goes to wail on them, J tells them what species each of them is, so K will know where to hit them (in a very sensitive area I'm guessing).

They get to the last guy, but K can't hurt him. Everytime he kicks him in the crotch it sounds like he's kicking metal. Then J goes, "K he's a Ballchinian," so K pulls this veil covering up the alien's neck. There's a full set hanging from his chin (hence Ball-chin-ian) so then K slugs him right there. This was probably the most original ball-whacking I've ever seen in a movie. It was really funnier than I can describe. :crazed:

LTBasker
07-02-2002, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the review, I think I'll wait to see MIB2... :D

Jedi Juice
07-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Well I saw it today and thought the movie was mediocre. I didn't really get "into" the movie like I did for MIB, but I thought it was a decent sequel. Lara Flynn Boyle played a well-rounded alien, but that's about it. Tommy Lee Jones gave a few laughs additionally.

Eternal Padawan
07-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Icky, icky, icky.

That's what it was.

I chuckled a few times, but mostly at things that weren't really that funny, but the absurdity struck a cord in me. Like everybody having to act with their heads cocked over to fit under the ceiling of the worm guys' pad.

And David Cross. Asking about mini pizzas...little bagels with cheese...When does the second set of Mr Show DVD's come out???

Anyway. This is a sequel that didn't need to be made. I blame Barry Sonnenfeld, who is clearly scrounging for a hit and decided to dip back into the well. He needs to become a valet parking attendant like God intended for him...

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 07:37 PM
This is said to be the biggest dud of the summer.

DeadEye
07-03-2002, 07:38 PM
Bump

There's already a thread here about MIIB. If only I were a mod, I'd merge the threads...:happy:

LTBasker
07-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
This is said to be the biggest dud of the summer.

So it ain't nothing but a "big willie". ;)

I think if there are crowds I'll wait awhile to see it, but will go when they die down. No use getting trampled in lines for a movie you might not like.

JediTricks
07-04-2002, 02:13 AM
I sorta liked the film, but not anywhere near as much as the first one. I thought it was hurt by too many characters and situations, a short runtime, too much Frank the Pug and the Wormguys, not enough Zed, and J being too much of Will Smith and not enough of a character in the situations in which he was faced. Once in a while, J would have funny-yet-businesslike moments and then he'd work for me, but mostly it was the same old stuff. However, the 2 biggest things that hurt the film IMO were a trailer that dumped too many good lines too early, and a serious lack of timing and pacing. However, I'll get it when it comes on DVD, but I hope it has a lot of cutscenes to explain where most of the charm went.

The trailers were Triple-X, Spy Kids 2 (which has a pretty surprising cast, I saw Steve Buschemi and Mike Judge in there), I Spy (which looked absolutely repulsive to me), and some other junk. Also, there was a computer-animated short called "Coming of the Chubbchubbs" or something similar that was pretty darn funny AND didn't turn out to be an extended ad for anything (I waited through the whole thing for "DRINK COKE!!!" or something to appear, but thankfully it didn't).

Man Can, I thought Lara Flynn Boyle acted pretty well, just that her character didn't have enough to do and it watered her down too much. It was Famke Jansen originally cast in the role, and I think she would have been MUCH worse than LFB in the role of Serleena. LFB actually seems genuinely evil as the character, I didn't buy FJ in Goldeneye as a villain and I doubt she'd pull it off here any more convincingly. Neither actor nor character can hold a candle to MIB 1's "Edgar" Vincent D'Onofrio though. For me, Serleena was an indication of a larger problem with the film, too many things trying to be stuffed into too short a movie, aka BRS or "Batman Returns Syndrome".

Frank and the worm guys were indeed overused, though I got the feeling that was thanks to the cartoon more than anything, which this film borrowed several plots from (dunno if they originally came form the comics though). I thought the "Who Let the Dogs Out" bit was actually kinda funny, but it was surrounded by SO MUCH MORE FRANK! If it had just been J bringing the Pug into MIB hq for questioning or something when it happened, it would have come off easier IMO.

Warburton was indeed wasted, he shoulda stuck around at MIB, just w/out the memory of being J's partner. J getting rid of so many MIB-trained agents seemed really wasteful and unrealistic (then again, that described J throughout this whole film).

Johnny Knoxville falls into that BRS thing IMO, it was just a totally unneeded character. Even the released villains at least had a little reason to be on screen.

Oh, and the Leonard Nimoy show was "In Search Of", and it was NEVER that cheesy. :D

I thought the locker C-18 bit was absolutely hilarious, it reminded me why I liked the first one and Sonnenfeld's first "Addams Family" flick (because of little inspired moments). I couldn't agree more with you more on the film's final shot playing off the locker, that was pretty weak.

The main ending though felt right out of the cartoon... which in this case wasn't a good thing because the cartoon had to wrap up the previous 20 minutes while this film had to wrap up 80!

BTW, why did David Cross come back in a different role?!?

Master Goeweins
07-04-2002, 10:55 AM
T3 trailer sucked!!!! All that hype to just see a bunch of liquid into a big T and 3..... wow, crap. And the movie? Popcorn fodder. Rent it and get some popcorn and some Vanilla Coke.

master jedi
07-04-2002, 03:10 PM
I don't know if this was worse than Minority Report or not. Good thing it was only around an hour long 'cause I don't think I could have sat through another hour.

scruffziller
07-06-2002, 04:50 PM
It was pretty good I liked the first one better, it was a little too short and the trailer had too many of the jokes that the movie had itself so they were over played and didn't really enjoy it that much when getting to them. They could have done alot better with it though. i give it a "B-". Acting wasn't as rich as before.

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Well obviously it wasn't all that great, it couldn't beat out Episode 1 for top-selling Wednsday opening. :happy: Now if it had been good as the original it might've...

I think I'll wait a while to see it, if it's only and hour long then I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it.

BlahBlahBlah
07-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

BTW, why did David Cross come back in a different role?!?

Who did Cross play in the first movie?

I thought it was okay. The first was a lot better. And the ending was... confusing. And it surprised me because the end to the book was so much different. But I still liked it.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-06-2002, 07:58 PM
Man Can, I thought Lara Flynn Boyle acted pretty well, just that her character didn't have enough to do and it watered her down too much. It was Famke Jansen originally cast in the role, and I think she would have been MUCH worse than LFB in the role of Serleena. LFB actually seems genuinely evil as the character, I didn't buy FJ in Goldeneye as a villain and I doubt she'd pull it off here any more convincingly. Neither actor nor character can hold a candle to MIB 1's "Edgar" Vincent D'Onofrio though. For me, Serleena was an indication of a larger problem with the film, too many things trying to be stuffed into too short a movie, aka BRS or "Batman Returns Syndrome".

OK, now that I think about it maybe you're right about LFB vs. FJ. But I just can't get past LFB from her Practice role. She's witchy (witch-ay woman) in that one and a little more so in this one). I still wish they casted her role better because to me she was still that conniving ADA but with snakes for fingers (and spiders in her hair ;) )

For me the movie was a waste except for the post office scene, the subway scene, the GCS locker part, and of course the Ballchinian part. But the subway and PO scenes were pretty much spelled out in the trailers and commercials.

This is definitely another case of a movie that looks really good in the trailers but totally stinks. To wit: Hollywood's version of the Bait 'N Switch.

conli olper
07-07-2002, 01:20 AM
i thought the first MIB was ok. i have to say though, MIB2 was appalingly bad. i wasted $10.50 on this piece of crap. will smith is like, so late 90s. black suits comin', BWAHAHA.

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
Who did Cross play in the first movie?

I thought it was okay. The first was a lot better. And the ending was... confusing. And it surprised me because the end to the book was so much different. But I still liked it. Cross was the Morgue desk clerk who was killed by Edgar in MIB.

I heard the ending had to be totally rewriten because the original directly involved the WTC in a major way.

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
OK, now that I think about it maybe you're right about LFB vs. FJ. But I just can't get past LFB from her Practice role. She's witchy (witch-ay woman) in that one and a little more so in this one). I still wish they casted her role better because to me she was still that conniving ADA but with snakes for fingers (and spiders in her hair ;) )For me, she'll always be Donna from Twin Peaks, so the role works a little easier since I could see Donna having snakes for fingers and being this level of evil. :D I still can't believe how badly they recast the part in "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" though.

I thought the trailer looked pretty bad m'self, but I'm very critical of most trailers. One of the others played with MIB2 was for Austin Powers: Goldmember and the only thing I can say for certain about this film is its trailer better not be doing it justice or it's gonna suck mightily.

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Cross was the Morgue desk clerk who was killed by Edgar in MIB.

I heard the ending had to be totally rewriten because the original directly involved the WTC in a major way.

According to IMDb's trivia, the WTC Towers were both gonna open up and have a bunch of little ships fly out of them but was changed to the Chrysler (sp?) Tower.

Tycho
07-08-2002, 05:06 AM
I also thought the first one was better. Edgar the human-skin wearing cockroach with Rigor Mortis stole the show. THAT was funny!

Everyone forgot about when Serleena ate the would-be rapist and then didn't fit her Victoria Secrets show she "squeezed the Charmin." Gross idea, but still pretty funny.

I wonder if they'll have THAT in the cut scenes! ;)

Did anyone catch the significance of the two dudes in dark suits riding the 2 seat bicycle with lights all over their bodies?

They kept showing them.

And was that really Michael Jackson?

Finally, this didn't impress me that much. It was like Bedazzled. It missed its potential. However, for a sequel, I think it did better than Ghostbusters 2, but I haven't seen that in ages and can't really remember that one.

Like most things, the original can be the best. Edgar RULES!

conli olper
07-09-2002, 10:29 AM
does anyone else feel like will smith has past his used by date by about, oh, 5 years. he reeks of late 90s and why the **** does he always say 'yall', its irritating. in MIB3 they should make him travel back in time to 1997 when he was 'jiggy'.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-09-2002, 08:53 PM
For me, she'll always be Donna from Twin Peaks, so the role works a little easier since I could see Donna having snakes for fingers and being this level of evil. :D I still can't believe how badly they recast the part in "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" though.

Ahh yes. Donna from Twin Peaks. What a sweet girl our LFB used to be back then. I haven't watched that show in ages.

Moira Kelly in FWWM was a miscast. Good for Cutting Edge, bad for FWWM. Especially that topless scene. What was that all about?

Does anyone remember LFB as Wayne's psycho hosebeast girlfriend from Wayne's World and how she flew across the hood of that Camaro? :D

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 12:06 AM
This movie in a word was pointless and another word dumb, for once I have to agree with DeadEye, it was a DUD. They should have left this one alone.

JediTricks
07-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Moira Kelly in FWWM was a miscast. Good for Cutting Edge, bad for FWWM. Especially that topless scene. What was that all about?

Does anyone remember LFB as Wayne's psycho hosebeast girlfriend from Wayne's World and how she flew across the hood of that Camaro? :D Moira Kelly was so wrong for that part! And that topless scene made the entire audience cringe in embarassment for her, it was not the career-builder she was expecting.

I barely remember LFB in Wayne's World, but I do just enough to say "yes". :D The woman works SO much in the industry that she's in danger of turning into Zelig. Funny bit in WW though, celebrating their anniversary even though the broke up months before. :D

You know where I first remember LFB from though? This Savage Steve Holland film I got to see a test-screening of called "How I Got Into College". Funny film in a minor sort of way, the theatrical release had a few changes from the version I saw, and she's the love interest.

DarthBatman
07-10-2002, 01:40 AM
I just saw the movie, and I really didn't like it... What happened to the plot?

SithDroid
07-11-2002, 10:37 AM
OK, I saw MIIB a couple of days ago and I was really dissappointed. I didn't really want to see it in the first place, but I went with my family. I highly recommend anyone wanting to see this film wait until it comes out to rent. SPOILERS AHEAD.

The only great part in the film was the dog and Michael Jackson. Nothing was too funny, the plot was HORRIBLE. The light is the girl, how stupid is that. Whoever wrote this script should have been fired. I never really like the first MIB, but this one was way worse. Oh well, there will porbably be a MIIIB, seeing that this one made a ton of money. I always hate it when a studio calls a film a success just because it makes a ton of money. TPM is a perfect example of a movie that mae a ton of money, but wasn't a success with most fans. Oh well, it's too bad that hollywood is making cr*p lately.

MFH
07-14-2002, 01:47 PM

no, they can't.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-20-2002, 09:08 PM
Well I finally saw it. I loved it! That ball chin guy was nasty, though. I loved those Chubchubs!

187-Maul
07-20-2002, 09:12 PM
I saw it a couple of days ago and it was realy disappointing
the first was much better
some scenes were funny but the hole plot was boring and there was no dramatic or anything at the end

2-1B
07-21-2002, 09:18 PM
David Cross was okay in this second role, but I've always preferred Bob Odenkirk (ever see him as Porno Gil on Curb Your Enthusiasm? :D )

Where were the twins - "Nunalayyuh and Bob" ? (you know, from MIB). Not nearly enough TL Jones, also I agree that Zed should have been involved more.

I liked LFB, for what little involvement she had, I bet I would have liked MIB more with her as the villain rather than Edgar.

Yes, Knoxville was a waste, only outdone in wastefulness by Wharburton.

T3 trailer? What a waste of time, however I was longing for it while sitting thru Chubchubs. What the hell is that all about? MIIB is terribly short to begin with, so they throw that 10 minute "short" (felt like an hour) out there to numb the crowds?
Ouch. :mad:

Beast
08-12-2002, 12:59 PM
TheDigitalBits.com got sent scans of the MIIB DVD cases. Just like the Spider-Man DVD, they are doing 2 different DVD cases. One will be Widescreen and the other Fullscreen. There has been no DVD release announced yet, but if they have the artwork finalized I would think we'll see it by the end of the year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Here is a picture of the Fullscreen case. I will of course be picking up the Widescreen release. Though I kinda like the Fullscreen case better. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Honestly, I don't care if the case was made of pure gold. This movie was so bad I sure won't be getting it.

Beast
08-12-2002, 03:04 PM
TheDigitalbits.com got a release date for the DVD release, but no specs yet. November just got more expensive, though maybe I'll just rent this one, since it doesn't sound like it was as good as the first. :)

Next up comes word that Columbia TriStar has officially announced the DVD release of Men in Black II for 11/26 (see the artwork below). The 2-disc set will be available in separate versions - widescreen and full frame. We expect details on disc specs to follow shortly. Boy... November sure is gonna be an expensive month for DVD fans!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-12-2002, 03:41 PM
The cases look cool but I thought the film was very poor :(. I liked the original but the 2nd was trying too hard to be funny that it wasn't. there was only one part that made me laugh and that was when the car driver shot out and was sitting on Jay's lap. the look on Will Smith was perfect, but appart from that scene the rest of the film was total B:eek:ll:eek:cks! I'll still buy it on DVD though cause I got the first one, but its not fair though the case for the Full Screen looks better than the Widescreen :mad:!

PENDO!

jeddah
08-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
there was only one part that made me laugh and that was when the car driver shot out and was sitting on Jay's lap.
PENDO!

The only bit that I really laughed at was when Will was doing that mad dolphin thing with his body when he tried to get off the mess of ventilation tubes. (Oh and also the wormguys being scared and the ratboys locker scenes)

jeddah

Tycho
12-20-2006, 02:27 AM
This film is much better after a 4 year delay in viewing. I haven't just seen the trailer too many times, so the jokes seemed almost new and refreshing. I remember, and previously posted, that I was less impressed with it upon my initial viewing.

I wouldn't mind another movie in this franchise, but they have to limit what they show in the trailers this time so there will be some laughs in the theater. We saw all the jokes months before we bought the tickets.

Slicker
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I thought this movie sucked if anything else for the carpy CG.

El Chuxter
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Still haven't seen it, still don't want to. The first is a classic. Goofy and brainless, but fun. The second, well, I've not forgiven them for not including Ms Fiorentino yet, and I probably never will.

Ji'dai
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I thought Fiorentino was so difficult to work with during the first one they didn't bother inviting her back for part two.

I absolutely loved the first one but the sequel was disappointing. I agree with Tycho about movie trailers though - I made the mistake of watching the MIIB trailer and a short HBO preview before seeing the movie, which gave away all the best bits. I usually avoid trailers for all movies now.

El Chuxter
12-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Who cares?

A) It's a major continuity problem. They bring in an agent, only to have her suddenly vanish despite implied romantic connections to Jay?

B) She's certainly easier on the eyes than Tommy Lee Jones. :beard: (Sounds immature, but was there even a lead female character, or was the role totally replaced by the annoying pug?)

General_Grievous
12-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Who cares?

A) It's a major continuity problem. They bring in an agent, only to have her suddenly vanish despite implied romantic connections to Jay?

B) She's certainly easier on the eyes than Tommy Lee Jones. :beard: (Sounds immature, but was there even a lead female character, or was the role totally replaced by the annoying pug?)

Yeah, but Fiorentino is fugly compared to Rosario Dawson in MIB II.

Tycho
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Rosario Dawson looks her best in Clerks 2 actually. She was seriously cute in that film jumping up and down on the roof with Dante.

El Chuxter
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
She was cuter covering for Kevin Smith's MIA arse at Comic-Con in July. :)

Tycho
12-20-2006, 03:36 PM
OK. We've just reached a consensus here that we're ready to submit as a fact: Rosario Dawson is cute!

We've made progress today. :love:

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Rosario Dawson can be attractive but I didn't think she was in this film, I thought she looked extremely "meh" - which went with the film, very "meh". Surprisingly, Lara Flynn Boyle, who at that time hadn't looked good in years, looked quite hot in the movie.

2-1B
12-20-2006, 09:49 PM
OK. We've just reached a consensus here that we're ready to submit as a fact: Rosario Dawson is cute!

for a skank.

Rocketboy
12-20-2006, 10:01 PM
MIB 2 sucked. Retread of the first with crappier effects and every joke fell flat.

And Rosario Dawson looked best in "Alexander."

2-1B
12-21-2006, 02:35 AM

for a skank.

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 02:49 PM
And Rosario Dawson looked best in "Alexander."The longer hair helped immensely. Halle Berry does the same thing keeping her hair short and her looks suffer for it (yet is a less-believable actress :p).

Looking back at my previous comments, I can't believe I didn't pan this movie way harder, my opinion of it soured within a month easy and I never bothered with the DVD. There was only 1 prophetic comment in my posting from that time and it was this:

One of the others played with MIB2 was for Austin Powers: Goldmember and the only thing I can say for certain about this film is its trailer better not be doing it justice or it's gonna suck mightily.... and indeed it did.

General_Grievous
12-22-2006, 05:16 PM

Those were the two minutes of that movie where I actually stayed awake. If you've seen it, you KNOW which two minutes I'm talking about. :lipsrsealed:

Rocketboy
12-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Those were the two minutes of that movie where I actually stayed awake. If you've seen it, you KNOW which two minutes I'm talking about. :lipsrsealed:And that was exactly what I was talking about. I can't remember anything else about the movie.

El Chuxter
12-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Note to self: see whatever movie it is they're talking about. :beard:

JimJamBonds
12-23-2006, 11:18 PM
MIIB sucked hard, I liked MIB though.

Tycho
12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
In the original MIB, Edgar the Cockroach was the best and most memorable character in the entire franchise. That guy is funny!

"A pest problem."

"Yeah. Are you here to get rid of them?"

"In the worst way!"