PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Figures

Pellaeon
06-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Anyone know WHEN these will be available?

brentfett
06-26-2002, 02:47 PM
I thought I heard August, but ONLY in the park. Look in the SAGA section for a thread about this.

Hellboy
06-26-2002, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know why they decided to release these figures as part of the POTJ line instead of the current SAGA line?

Jayspawn
06-27-2002, 12:18 AM
I'm not sure. Perhaps the design and layout for the POTJ packaging was already completed some time ago.

c_richards
06-27-2002, 10:46 AM
If what I read/heard was true...the figures are set to hit DW first, then coming out to DL about a month afterwards.

I happen to be heading out that way in August..

Pelleaon- I'll pick up some for ya! :)

According to the post on the main guide:

"The Star Tours Exclusive Rex and G2-4T figures.
Star Tours figures are only available in Star Tours Disneyland and Star Tours Disney World/MGM Studios Theme Parks. The REX figure is the pilot of the Star Speeder 3000 which takes its audience on tours to Endor although the tour ends up going wrong. The figures visor flips up and down. G2-4T is the worker droid you get to speak to while your waiting in line for Star Tours. The figures will retail for around $10.00 each" 6-23-02

and from an earlier post:
"Hasbro and Disney team up to bring Star Tours figures to their upcoming Downtown Disney store.

Just over 2 months ago, we reported on 2 prototype Star Tours action figures showing up on ebay, but there was no confirmation of whether these would ever see production. The figures - Captain Rex and a G-5 droid, which both feature prominently in the Star Tours attraction (the latter is seen as 2 different droids that chat at the line, while the former is your Starspeeder 3000's captain) - are not directly confirmed in a new Walt Disney World press release, but it does mention that Hasbro and Disney have worked together to create action figures based on Disney theme parks' Star Wars-themed Star Tours attraction. The Star Tours figures will be exclusives to the upcoming "Once Upon A Toy" megastore in Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney marketplace. Check out this entire press release at LaughingPlace.com for more info.

Thanks to "Dave" for writing in about this.

UPDATE - wdisneyw.co.uk, an unofficial site about Walt Disney World, has put up the press release about August opening of the "Once Upon A Toy" store, only this site has a Disney photo from the press release that shows a pair of Captain Rex figures being played with and another in POTJ packaging (see close-up above). The Captain Rex figures are not featured prominently in the photo, but you can make out the droid's shape in the packaging - which appears to have no "Power of the Jedi" logo under the main Star Wars logo nor a "Jedi Force File" icon but does appear to be the older POTJ-style of bubble rather than the new Saga-style bubble. The packaging may be an early mock-up, but the figure itself appears to be closer to the final versions than the test-shots." 6-5-02

MTFBWY!!!!

figrin bran
06-27-2002, 11:14 AM
hmmm...seems like there's some conflicting reports. the article posted above says that the figures will be sold in a Downtown Disney store while other reports have stated that they would be sold in the Star Tours Star Traders gift shop. The major difference would be that park admission is required for the latter but not for the former.

c_richards
06-27-2002, 11:30 AM
I would assume both places will carry the figures. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Well, these things must have already been released. People are already selling these things claiming in-hand on ebay.

JediTricks
06-27-2002, 11:24 PM
Disney's press release said it'd be exclusive to the "Once Upon a Toy" store opening this August in Downtown Disney, WDW Florida. (oh, and you'll have to pardon my putting "G-5" droid, I was copying Steve's earlier news that had that without thinking, I knew it was a G2 droid)

figrin bran
06-28-2002, 01:09 AM
So will there be a "Once Upon a Toy" opening in the Anaheim Downtown Disney?

c_richards
06-28-2002, 10:12 AM
I don't think it's an exclusive to just the store....I heard it would be the theme parks as well!

Only one way for me to find out... I am going to DL in August...I can check the Star Trader for them! :)

JediTricks
06-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Sadly, no Once Upon a Toy in Aneheim, only in Florida; and I'll be checking the Star Trader as often as possible too, but the press release says JUST the store, not the parks (which must suck for anybody visiting Star Tours in DL Tokyo).

QLD
06-29-2002, 12:16 PM
JT, if you find anything out about the figures at D'Land let me know. An old friend of mine from high school (when I lived in Fullerton) has a wife who works for them. They have offered to pick them up for me! But they don't know where they are to be sold!

Turbowars
06-29-2002, 05:32 PM
I think thta Hasbro threw these figures on these cards because it was the cheapest way to get them out. They didn't have to design a new card and they figure why fix it if it isn't broke. Beside I don't think they would sell as well if they were put on some Disney tours card back.

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 02:09 AM
Everytime i go to disney land i always think about owning those characters, ahhh the days.

Pellaeon
07-12-2002, 04:27 PM
I called Disney's phone order catalog and they confirmed that if the item is offered in the park, it is available via phone order. She then checked to see if the store in the park (Disneyland) had the items, which they didn't, but said they would in August.

In short, it looks like these should be readily available.

figrin bran
07-20-2002, 01:41 AM
now that i've seen the 3rd droid, the R3, i'm rather disappointed...

Capitan_Moroni
07-20-2002, 04:26 PM
Does the new R3-D3 have a retractable leg? from the pics it dosent look like it IMO.

Beast
07-20-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
Does the new R3-D3 have a retractable leg? from the pics it dosent look like it IMO.
No the leg doesn't retract. They used the R3-T7 head, and put it on a R2-D2: Naboo Escape. That was the one that had the wheels on the bottom. Like I said before, they should have just used the whole R3-T7 figure. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
07-20-2002, 10:47 PM
What the heck happened to my thread that I started on R3-D3? It has vanished from the forums. Can someone please explain why it is no longer on the forums?

Capitan_Moroni
07-21-2002, 10:05 PM
maybe the merged it with this thread?

Capitan_Moroni
07-21-2002, 10:13 PM
What the heck is that new thing? Its a friggin box!!

c_richards
07-22-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
What the heck is that new thing? Its a friggin box!!

Ah yes.. you must be referring to DL-X2. Who he/she/it is? I have no idea, I'll look for it when I am in Qeue for the ride. As for R3-D3? I've seen him and am a slight bit disappointed. Where is this one in Qeue? :)

I would have rather seen the other droid like G2 that counts you as you walk by, or maybe the busted looking R5 droid. Aside from that, how about a Jorg Sacul DL version? It could be on a POTJ card like the other ST figures, and I am sure it would sell rather well! :)

Until the next time....
MTFBWY!

JediTricks
07-22-2002, 03:07 PM
DL-X2 is the security droid that threatens to shut down the G2 droids for lack of productivity. At Disneyland (I can't speak for the other parks as I haven't been to 'em), it's in the 2nd room in the queue (not counting that new mini-room they built in the outdoors line) when you first walk in, look straight down about 10 feet and you'll see it.

Pschtyckque
07-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Yup. That's the one. It's about 10 feet to the left of the R4-M9 droid.

Jedi_Bates
07-23-2002, 06:23 PM
I'll be heading to disney world in mid august, i'll let you know what i was able to snag when i get back

c_richards
08-14-2002, 03:11 PM
To anyone interested.

I just got back from DL. They did have RX-24 and G2-4T, but no R3-D3. I also found out from a security guard at the park the Florida has a new ST film for the ride.

What the film is of? If it's even different, I can't tell you....allI can say is DL will get theirs later this year!

Back to the figures.....
They are 10 each, and DL had them on a rack facing the exit of STAR TOURS so you see it as you exit the ride and enter the Star Trader!

Hope the info helps....
MTFBWY!

JediTricks
08-15-2002, 04:45 AM
You know how many employees at Disneyland have told me "there's a new film in the works" over the past 15 years since the ride opened? I bet literally over 50, they're ALWAYS saying that. I'd love for it to be true (though to be honest, I never want the original to go away, I love the original! maybe a half-new half-original thing) but I won't believe it till I see it.

Pschtyckque
08-16-2002, 01:06 PM
As one of those employees, (heck, I probably told you that myself!) let me just say that we had gotten word from WDI that there was a new film in the works. So we were just passing along what we thought to be news. ;)

c_richards
08-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Greetings fellow STAR WARS/STAR TOURS figure seekers!

I bring information on 6 CONFIRMED STAR TOURS figures.

The list is as follows:
1.) RX-24 "Rex" (everyone knows on this one)
2.) G2-4T (ditto)
3.) R3-D3 (ditto....again!)
4.) DL-X2 (the friggen box as someone so eliquently stated)
5.) WEG-1618 (Never saw this droid in the Queue area)
thanks to my collector buddy..... he told me about a page with images of this droid.... the URL of the site is:
American Dream Comics (http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=341&catid=8)
6.) R4-M9 (Droid at a bank of computer systems same area, to the left of the G2 Droid working on the busted R2 Droid)

I called Disney Delivears today via the 800 # SSG posted, and not only recieve the above info, but was also informed the figures are completely sold out. They will receive more in September, but they are not sure exactly when in September that shipment will be!

I've already sent this info to SirSteve, and notified my collector buddies of the news.

So now that there's 6 figures....could the other 3 be a myth, or could we really see a set of 9 figures as one report had mentioned? Time will tell!

Until then....
MTFBWY

stormie
08-29-2002, 02:40 PM
Just a little amendment to the previous post; I too called the 1-800 number today, and they confirmed that these figures were sold out AND you cannot pre-order them. The representative said that I'd just have to call back again in a few weeks.

Kind of a bummer, if you ask me. Sounds like a revisit of the TF Vader/ Fan Club fiasco. :(

c_richards
08-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Stormie....
Thanks for getting my back on that one!
Totally forgot that point! :)