PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of rip offs...

OriginalBryGuy
06-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Did anyone catch this from Brian's Toys?

http://www.brianstoys.com/acatalog/Saga_Exclusives.html

White beard for 250??

Give me a break!

JEDIpartner
06-26-2002, 03:57 PM
I think the whole Jorg Sacul affair is a total rip off... so don't get me started.

Forhekset
06-26-2002, 03:58 PM
A fool and his money are...well, you know the rest.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-26-2002, 04:03 PM
What's this Sage Exclusive they're talking about?

Another wacko Brian's Toys pricing thing. I hope they get stuck with 1000 of those things like a bad case of herpes.

aceguide
06-26-2002, 04:09 PM
The Sacul thing is a rip-off. Started with the Toy Fair Vader IMO.

Seems like fans everywhere got short changed and the scalpers are making $$$$$$$. There has to be a better way.

Hey - how about Jedi Master Points!?!?!?! Scalpers are too busy grading their packages and uping ebay auctions to open a figure and cut off the points. Seems like it would give collectors a better chance (no offense to those of you who do not open - I'd gladly give you some points for yours).

JEDIpartner
06-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Maybe it's just an experiment by Hasblah to see how gullible we really are! Man... we're all screwed now. :(

OriginalBryGuy
06-26-2002, 04:17 PM
Hmm...that gets me thinking tho...

What Hasbro really needs to do is start offering exclusive figures for very large amounts of Jedi Master Points.

More figures would get sold yes, but at the same time many more would be opened.

If it was 'THAT' exclusive scalpers would even start opening figs...

Sidiously Darth
06-26-2002, 04:58 PM
I've been throwing my points away. You know if the offer something you'll need a receipt. And to top that, the receipt will need certain dates on it.:mad:

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Maybe it's just an experiment by Hasblah to see how gullible we really are! Man... we're all screwed now. :(

Don't forget FAO and their Shuttle test, now they know that people will buy stuff no matter the price. How much you wanna bet they'll be going to Hasbro for more exclusives?

Obi-Don
06-27-2002, 05:42 AM
I don't know where they get people to buy from them. Everytime I start looking at thier site and see the prices,I just close that site. Brian's toys are way too high,way too high.

icatch9
06-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Hasbro exects said at CII that they are looking into useing the JMP. They were working with frito lay who has those ploids that you use to bid on stuff on line. Like you can get a game boy for like 10,000 ploids. This is somthing I think could work. Plus, I don't think they'll make you have a reciet, the way the exects talked they knew how many collectors had been saveing their points, and they said not to throw them away.

Good news, but I won't hold my breat.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
06-27-2002, 09:11 AM
I surely dont think i'am goanna buy Jorg Sacul 124 dollers for a toy and 60 dollers at every other place?come on it is a 3/34 action figure with a mini x wing model and a blaster and a helment biggie he shouldnt be 124 bucks

I really do not like what hasbro doing to us collectors....

Mod Note:Merged the two posts
DA

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 09:51 AM
i'm not buying jorg sacul for $250 or $125! That toy fair vader, i could live without that in my collection; is basicly a repaint (unless someone can prove me wrong). The Jorg sacul fig on the other hand at least has a new head. The body looks like it's from the luke POTJ mold; i could be wrong there too. I'd get jorg sacul over the toy fair vader first just because it's a different figure. Any one paying over $80 for this fig either has money to burn or die hard collector. some may also say stupid but i'm not going to call anyone that. if you really want it you'll pay for it.

BTW - i have jorg sacul (only fig i did not open, yet)(just in case Hasbro does decide to EVER release it in a different packaging). i hope so for collectors sake!

Jonna
06-27-2002, 05:51 PM
If it was at retail for $5 bucks I would get it, but besides that, the figure really is not that great.

jedijason1138
06-27-2002, 06:57 PM
For the most part, it appears that it is a repaint. The only new parts are the arms, which are designed to hold the lightsabre with both hands. I could be wrong, though.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-27-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by OriginalBryGuy
If it was 'THAT' exclusive scalpers would even start opening figs...

I like the idea of the JMPs finally getting some use, but I can see plenty of people buying the Saga figures then taking out the lower insert panel with the JMP and resealing them before returning them to the store with an old pegwarmer figure inside. Although this time around there would be less people doing that then ripping off the POPs from the numerous pegwarmer POTF2 Malakilis for the mail-aways.