PDA

View Full Version : What's the rarest figure in your collection?

OriginalBryGuy
06-26-2002, 03:01 PM
What's the rarest figure in your collection, and how much did you pay to get it? If there's an interesting story tied to it, let's hear it!

heroclixplayer
06-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Well Theres two: Mara Jade $20(EU and signed by shannon baksa) and Anakin Skywalker$50(flashback). I looked all over Wizardworld for these two. Then I had to talk to the dealer for 2 hours and finally he cut the price

Arrogant Arse
06-26-2002, 03:22 PM
I traded a kid my short red Snaggletooth (NOT ZUTTON!!!) for his tall blue Snaggletooth in 1979. He didn't like the tall one since it was not in the movie, I think. I honestly don't remember why we traded. I didn't really care, I thought all the figures were cool. I had all of them and this was different. Well in 1997 or 1998 I got a Toy Fare (or an unreasonable facsimilie thereof) and wanted to see what the figures were worth. I about fell out of my chair when I saw Blue Snaggletooth was worth $200. in mint condition. Mine is not mint, but is at least worth something to me.

The Darth Vader
06-26-2002, 04:05 PM
The Naboo Royal Starship, Imperial AT-AT Walker (POTF 2), Boba Fett 300th Edition the error one, and the Jabba the Hutt Playset from 1983 which my father gave me from his collection of action figures of Star Wars and it is still NearMint in package! :D

Darth Shifty
06-26-2002, 04:14 PM
I have a brown snake ESB Yoda on a card that's very close to mint condition. And also a ROTJ Rancor in the box that's just as good. My parents bought them both for me way back when for Christmas and they actually just forgot about them. They didn't give them to me until a few years ago right before TPM was released.

plo koon 200
06-26-2002, 04:21 PM
I hve a Toy Fair Darth Vader that I got from the Fan Club for $17.50 after S&H. I also have a few Jorg Saculs that I got from C2. And, I have a Y-WIng That I got from Targets for $20 and a few more toys that just don't come to my mind right now.

Vortex
06-26-2002, 04:25 PM
I don't know how rare these are, but I have the boba fett w/ half circles on his hands that I found at a TRU for a few bucks.

2 toy fair vaders for 12 bucks a fig.

The green tat. skiff from target for 15 bucks.

4 R2-D2's with holographic leia for 25, 15, 8, and 2.50.

EV-9D9, Romba, and Lando General from the vintage line when I was a kid for x-mas.

Its hard to say what's rare and what isn't.

JediDan
06-26-2002, 04:52 PM
I have 3 FF Weequays all carded. 2 Toy Fair Vaders, a Jorg Sacul, 3 FF Sandtroopers carded. Some others, but I guess these might be the rarest.

jedi_uk73
06-26-2002, 05:59 PM
Original Vinyl Cape Jawa. Bought way back in good old '78.

Hellboy
06-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JediDan
I have 3 FF Weequays all carded. 2 Toy Fair Vaders, a Jorg Sacul, 3 FF Sandtroopers carded. Some others, but I guess these might be the rarest.

WOW, I wish I had just 1 FF Weequay so I could complete my FF collection. I guess the rarest in my collection would be-

-FF Sandtrooper- MOC
-Toy Fair Vader- MOC
-Imperial Stormtrooper Hoth Battle Gear (vintage) Mint on ESB card

JediJeff77
06-26-2002, 06:15 PM
I have an imperial dignitary, not really rare, but I just got him off ebay last month for $15.00 and his nose is intact. :)

Adam
06-26-2002, 06:24 PM
Well.. I DO have a vintage X-wing.. though its seen better days.. the top strike foils broke off so I flipped the the bottom strike foils and made a Z-95 HeadHunter (Sort of). So I guess thats rare.. heh.

I also managed to get bloody Luke, which I opened. DO'HETH!

Jargo
06-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Three Eopies, The fambaa, two Y-wings and two tatooine skiffs, Sio bibble, TC-14, R2-B1, the royal starship, Maul, Anakin, holo Sidious, naboo royal guard, Obi-Wan with bonus pit droids - both types.
All very difficult to find here and vastly overpriced. The Trade Federation tank and the Falumpaset w/ ammo wagon as well which were fairly hard to find. probably nothing of value in reality but priceless to me because I went out and hunted and found them. Then i opened them all :) sacrilige maybe to some but i enjoy all of them on a daily basis and get the most from my possesions while I still can.

Adam
06-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Nah they deserve to be opened.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-26-2002, 07:58 PM
In my collection, it's SS Dagobah Luke.

Rogue II
06-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Well I'm not all that much into rare figures, but here's what I got:

Saga Luke with bloody hand $6
Admiral Motti $20 (including shipping)
R2 w/ Leia Hologram $10
B-Wing (not sure how much, my wife found it on clearance at a Target)
Skiff

QLD
06-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I don't figure into rarity too much. I have never paid more than 15 dollars for a figure, and I have every figure released (except that damn Zuckuss), including Jorg Sacul. But, they are all open so most people wouldn't consider any of them rare.

bigbarada
06-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by heroclixplayer
Well Theres two: Mara Jade $20(EU and signed by shannon baksa) and Anakin Skywalker$50(flashback). I looked all over Wizardworld for these two. Then I had to talk to the dealer for 2 hours and finally he cut the price

$50 for a Flashback Anakin? Is that how much you paid or how much it is worth? I have one of those that I picked up for $6 at Wal-Mart, still on the card. I had no idea he was actually rare.

I also have a brown backpack Ep1 Anakin MOC that I found at a Wal-Mart in Brady, TX; he's supposed to be rare, but I doubt anyone even cares about him anymore.

LTBasker
06-26-2002, 10:26 PM
I've got a "Japanese" Eopie. It's just a U.S. version with a TOMY sticker like the rest of the "Japanese" versions.

heroclixplayer
06-26-2002, 10:29 PM
You people all have toy fair Darth Vader, im starting to think it's not rare anymore

Thunderstorm1
06-26-2002, 11:54 PM
I would have to say Jorg Sacul thay I picked up at C2, and the original vinal caped jawa

BillyJAck
06-27-2002, 12:48 AM
I have a vintage POTF AT-AT driver that is pristine perfect. No yellow on the bubble at all and its unpunched and flawless. I paid $150 bucks in 1994 for it. It goes for like $600-$800 now..now if i can only get that damned Nikto!

billy

chubbychicken
06-27-2002, 01:04 AM
well my rareest would b the new yoda haha i dont have a big collection i got him for 13 bucks at a local comic store luckily haha....another funny story was i saw a clone trooper at another comic store for 20 while looking for anakin hd since they didnt have the anakin i bought the clone trooper for 20 then i went to my local one which jus got shipments and they had the clone troopers for 6 bucks!!! haha damn but i didnt care they had 2 anakins and a yoda which i snatched up ahha

heroclixplayer
06-27-2002, 01:06 AM
Well my rarest figures is Tycho and sirsteve custom figures!(complete with computer! and unemployed papers)

Beast
06-27-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by heroclixplayer
Well my rarest figures is Tycho and sirsteve custom figures!(complete with computer! and unemployed papers)
That's kinda rude, ya know. Tycho and Sir Steve both have regular jobs. I think the rarest figure would be the SSG Man-E-Faces. It has Jingofett, kitfistosithlord, and heroclixplayer reveal faces. :mad: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
06-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Rarity is in the eye of the beholder. In Canada we NEVER could find Darth removable, Zuckuss, Ishi Tib, Piett, Ree Yees or Death Star Trooper. It took me over 2 years to plug those gaps in my set, so that's rare to me. I got a Sacul from my friend who attended C2. I also am lucky enough to own 2 vintage rarities: Saberless (Tatooine) Luke, and Headless Luke X-Wing Pilot!!

187-Maul
06-27-2002, 07:36 AM
let's see:

Darktrooper for about 18$ when they were just released, a comic-shop in the netherlands got them and I liked him so much I didn't even consider not buying him
Sio Bibble ~5$
Naboo Royal Guard x4 ~5$ each
Amidala Battle ~9$
Jar-Jar Swamp ~5$
Pit Droids 2-pack ~5$

all are loose except jar-jar swamp

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
let's see:

Darktrooper for about 18$ when they were just released, a comic-shop in the netherlands got them and I liked him so much I didn't even consider not buying him
Sio Bibble ~5$
Naboo Royal Guard x4 ~5$ each
Amidala Battle ~9$
Jar-Jar Swamp ~5$
Pit Droids 2-pack ~5$

all are loose except jar-jar swamp

The EP1 assortment you have is what i'm missing. (missing all except swiminng jar jar). i also don't have hologram darth sidious. Those are good prices you paid!
The rarest figure in my collection might have to be jorg sacul.

sith_killer_99
06-27-2002, 11:21 AM
Well, let's see:

Sandtrooper FF ($8.57)
Weequay FF (CANADIAN) ($8.57)
Boba Fett FF ($8.57)
AT-ST Driver FF ($8.57)
Garindan FF ($8.57)

LOL, I bought a COMPLETE set of FF figures for $480.00!!! The only catch was that Weequay is on a Canadian card. All cards were C-9 or better. So that worked out to be $8.571428... However, I sent out like $80.00 worth of trade fodder, so it cost me $400.00!

I also have MOST of the HTF EP1 stuff (had it all at one point). Found at TRU $1.97 sale:

TC-14 (1 MOMC and 1 opener)
R2-B1 (1 MOMC and 1 opener)
Jar-Jar Swimming (1 MOMC and 1 opener)

Plus the "Soft Goods" wave. Not so HTF anymore.

I also found (and traded) and EXTRA CommTech Leia for $3.95 at a Post Exchange in Hawaii.

Jonna
06-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Probably the POTF Tatooine Luke with Japanese THX insert booklet. I actually did get it while in Japan. The only other one variation wise is a Tatooine Sandtrooper on Orange card.

I have at least one of most of the other figures since '95 and yes I do have Zuckuss. Yay!

icatch9
06-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Well I have all of the figures from 1996-2002. So what ever is rare is rare (sure I don't have those $200.00 FF, but they aren't figures they are slides). Got all the vehicls too, so there ya go.

I am only missing 3 from the vintage line (Yak Face, Han Carbonite, and Imperial Dignitary). So I have Blue Snaggletooth, EV 9D9, R2 w/ third leg, Stormtrooper Luke.

I trader a friendly SSG user a Sacul for my near mint Blue Snaggle Tooth. Had to buy the EV 9D9 at a flea market for $50.00 (not to bad). Had 87 out of the 92 figures avalable from when I was a kid. All in good shape too, plus had 90% of thier weapons. My dad wouldn't let us play with them becasue he knew we'd loose them. But, unfourntunetly I knew where he kept them, and snook them out. Then lost them just like he said. Oh well, my crimes as a young child are costing me on the secondary market now.

hango fett
06-27-2002, 12:07 PM
ours would be sandtrooper FF. $147. no real story behind it. we saw it. we bought it. we have it in mint condititon.
peace
hango

OriginalBryGuy
06-27-2002, 12:42 PM
I guess I started this thread and didn't even mention what I had!

Got the Jorg at the convention, paid 10. I live in Indy so it wasn't THAT hard to get, but it's obviously pretty rare.

The same weekend I did pick up that Green Carded Vader retooled from shadows. Some hapless vendor sold me it for 5 bucks.

It also took me awhile to get an ESB Yoda with Brown snake. I'm a big yoda fan.

In todays market figures aren't necessarily 'rare' because you can always find them online somewhere, but for inflated prices.

I'd love to get a vintage boba fett on any type of card someday, but it's way too expensive.

bobafett07728
06-27-2002, 12:56 PM
Hmmmm. . .let's see.

As far as rare goes. . .I guess my POTF2 Red Carded Boba Fett missing the dot on left hand, and missing yellow triangles on helmet is the Rarest ($5). . .but that's just a production error.

I have the Freeze Frame Sandtrooper($2), Retooled Vader(trade), Chancellor Vallorum .01($2)

I have the Eeopie Beast ($30), Jabba & Han .01 ($10)

As far as vintage. . .I have a Blue Snag loose. . .and some nice
C-10 Unpunched Figs, but nothing REALLY rare.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Well I have all of the figures from 1996-2002. So what ever is rare is rare (sure I don't have those $200.00 FF, but they aren't figures they are slides). Got all the vehicls too, so there ya go.

I am only missing 3 from the vintage line (Yak Face, Han Carbonite, and Imperial Dignitary). So I have Blue Snaggletooth, EV 9D9, R2 w/ third leg, Stormtrooper Luke.

I trader a friendly SSG user a Sacul for my near mint Blue Snaggle Tooth. Had to buy the EV 9D9 at a flea market for $50.00 (not to bad). Had 87 out of the 92 figures avalable from when I was a kid. All in good shape too, plus had 90% of thier weapons. My dad wouldn't let us play with them becasue he knew we'd loose them. But, unfourntunetly I knew where he kept them, and snook them out. Then lost them just like he said. Oh well, my crimes as a young child are costing me on the secondary market now.

do you also have vlix from the droids series? i'm impress with your collection in terms of completness!
alot of my vintage stuff "mysteriously" disappeared. :mad: i too had the blue snaggletooth until it went "missing" (stolen):frus: I got most of the 1995 - 2002 line up: missing a few EP1 figures & toy fair 02 darth vader.
whatever i don't have is rare.:crazed:

Jedi Drew
06-27-2002, 01:26 PM
For me it would have to be the Blue Snaggletooth from the Sears Cantina set and the Toy Fair Darth Vader. I have all the 12 orginal figures from back in 77 BUT.....some of them are pretty beat up from playing with them in my younger days.:D :D

icatch9
06-27-2002, 03:19 PM
SNAYSON

Thanks for the kudos on my collection. I've worked at it since the begging and have done pretty well.

Those pesky "Droids" and "Ewoks" figures. It is a debate as old as time. Are they really Star Wars figures? Well, I do think they are, and several of them are missing out of my collection. The Vlix figure in particular is a debateable figure. Most people say he never excisted on card. Some say he was only avalable in Brazil of all places. I am inclided to say that this figure is more of a prototype piece rather than something from the basic line. Others may disagree, but who really knows. I did see one this weekend at a show for something like $500.00 loose I think. Who knows if it was even real. I have the email of the person who was selling it and I may write them to get some info out of them. But still, who the heck knows.

187-Maul
06-27-2002, 03:57 PM
oh yeah Snayson, I forgot to mention I got holo sidious for about 5$ too...

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 03:57 PM
if i was asked if the droids and ewoks were really star wars figures, i would say yes. It's going to take me a while, if ever to complete those two line ups. I really don't think i would spend thousands of $ for a carded vlix tht is questionable. even a few hundred $ for a loose vlix is hard for me to part as i don't really know if it's the real deal.

i think of the droids and ewoks series as a EU line. I couldn't bear to watch it when it was aired but does anyone know if the stories had any continutiy in the star wars story line?

El Chuxter
06-27-2002, 04:09 PM
My rarest figure is a one-of-a-kind Qui-Gon Jinn as Jabba's Prisoner. :D

I've got Blue Snaggletooth that I got as a youngun, and got a TF Vader from the Fan Club. I won't count the figures since 1995 for the most part, since the ones I have I generally don't know are rare. Like the Wal-Mart where I lived in 1998 had a gazillion Rebo Band pairs on clearance for $1.50, and the EU figures pegwarmed, but I hear all the time that they were hard to find so I think it's difficult for me to judge what's truly rare.

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
My rarest figure is a one-of-a-kind Qui-Gon Jinn as Jabba's Prisoner. :D

I've got Blue Snaggletooth that I got as a youngun, and got a TF Vader from the Fan Club. I won't count the figures since 1995 for the most part, since the ones I have I generally don't know are rare. Like the Wal-Mart where I lived in 1998 had a gazillion Rebo Band pairs on clearance for $1.50, and the EU figures pegwarmed, but I hear all the time that they were hard to find so I think it's difficult for me to judge what's truly rare.

pegwarming EU and Rebo band pairs on clearance in 1998?!?!?! man i had a hard time getting both lineups! i only saw the EU line once and that was it! $1.50 EU figures, could have had more dark & space troopers!!:crazed:

SNAYSON
06-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
oh yeah Snayson, I forgot to mention I got holo sidious for about 5$ too...

that is a good price!

thespar
06-27-2002, 04:29 PM
I do not know how rare they are but i have the Captain Panaka with the 2nd line wrong and C-3P0, Captain Typho, Geonsian Warrior, Boba Fett, R2-D2, Tusken Raider w Child, Shaak Ti and Plo Koon all with backgrounds also Yoda (saga) and Count Dooku all the Saga where about 6.50 with tax. Luke in Dagobah long saber paid 12.82 with s & h

jedijason1138
06-27-2002, 06:04 PM
MISB Jabba's Playset bought for $45.

Jorg Sacul

Toy Fair Vader on a decent card
Canadian Red Carded Darth Vader (probably not very rare, but cool)

"Exorcist" Vader: This isn't anything major, just a Flashback Vader with the head turned almost all the way around in the package.

AT-ST Driver FF

Episode 1 Darth Maul (just kidding!)

All EU figures - this was funny trying to get all of them. I was missing the Imperial Sentinel for the longest time and found it in some backwoods comic book store for $8! The Dark Trooper and Space Trooper I got for free with purchases from the fan club or something like that.

I have a lot of stuff, and usually I don't find out if it's rare until someone makes a big deal about it.

JediDan
06-27-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, now I am down to 2 FF Weequays. I sold one to a relative. Now I'm down to 2. :( At least his FF collection is complete now. :)

sith_killer_99
06-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Oh, yes...from my vintage collection my rarest figure is Han Solo Carbonite. He is loose but in MINT (a DEAD C-9.5) condition. The coin is also a solid C-9.5!

WesleySr
06-27-2002, 08:27 PM
I have sold alot of my collection. I am wanting to get out of the whole carded thing and just open it all up. And give it to my son when he is old enough to appreciate it. But I would say the rarest figure in my collection now is a Stormtrooper Freeze Frame with a Stormtrooper picture and an Ishi Tib caption.