PDA

View Full Version : what is this???

SWAFMAN
10-01-2001, 03:27 PM
howdy, y'all. I was just looking at an eBay auction pic, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the star destroyer in the lower front-right corner of the table might be? I know this cannot be the teaser-SWAF star destroyer. Could this be a die-cast. If you read the auction fine print, the guy is only auctioning the Storm Trooper, Bongo & Destroyer playsets.

Anyone know what that AF-sized destroyer is?

Here's the link to the auction:
star destroyer on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1010053578)

good shot jansen
10-01-2001, 04:01 PM
the transforming star destroyer micro machines playset. the playset when closed is about the same size as one would expect from an action fleet star destroyer. the other playset in this line which is in action fleet scale when closed is the rebel transport. (they also made a cloud city in the same scale)

LTBasker
10-01-2001, 07:24 PM
Yeah, the big one is the transforming Star Destroyer micro-machine playset and the smaller one is the vintage die-cast 'Imperial Cruiser'

JediTricks
10-02-2001, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yeah, the big one is the transforming Star Destroyer micro-machine playset and the smaller one is the vintage die-cast 'Imperial Cruiser' While the larger one is the awesome MM Transforming Star Destroyer playset, I believe you're mistaken about the smaller one right next to it; I believe the smaller SD on the blue stand is merely the Galoob Die Cast Star Destroyer (the stand is a series 1 stand with the holo-foiled lettering and the ship is only slightly longer than the stand).

LTBasker
10-02-2001, 11:12 AM
JediTricks, there are three Star Destroyers there. The largest which is the transforming Micro-Machine playset is in the back, the middle sized one I do believe is the vintage die-cast Imperial Cruiser and then the smallest is the POTF2 Die-Cast Star Destroyer.

JediTricks
10-03-2001, 06:58 AM
Ah, yes, I dunno why, but I didn't even notice the middle-size one out all by itself, very lame of me. ;) I believe you are correct about it being the vintage Die Cast one, "my bad" :D.

JediGoofy
10-03-2001, 07:32 AM
In my opinion the ship in the lower front-right corner of the table is the Kenner Die-Cast Micro Collection version of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

The Micro Machines Star Destroyer/Space Fortress Transforming Action Set is thicker in the middle part and it is the one in the back (on the right end of the third row). Because it is a "transforming" action set its proportions are not perfect.

So I agree with LTB about the front-right Star Destroyer, but I do not agree with him about the smallest version next to it. I think JT is correct, it should be the Micro Machines Die-Cast version (not a POTF2 version).

Am I correct?

Ciao,
JediGoofy

LTBasker
10-03-2001, 01:08 PM
That's what I meant when I said the POTF2 die-cast Star Destroyer, basically, since it's from the SW POTF2-era, it can be considered POTF2, I can't speak for everybody on that but......

jeddah
10-03-2001, 02:39 PM
(I had to post this 2wice???)LTB is quite right - of course - and even in my post-pub inebriation (ok, only 2 rolling rocks; had to get back in time for Ally McBeeb) I could understand clearly what he was sayin' ;)

I know whereof I speak because every time I go to the SW shop in Poole, I see (Vintage) 2 DC SDs, a cloud car, speeder and y-wing (which is very battered) for unbelievable prix's :)

Good news from Rittenhouse Archives, JT! Farscape been picked up by the Sci-Fi channel for another 2 seasons (wahey, 44 episodes!).

speaking of such, I watched Roswell Jnr High last night for the first time.......:rolleyes: dire

jeddah

britcit3
10-03-2001, 04:11 PM
Now I may be bullied into giving Farscape another chance but Ally McSkinny?

I would have definately stayed in the pub and drunk every last drop of Guiness in the place rather come home and watch THAT programme (mind you I'd rather stay in the pub than do most things).

AMcB - Nay, nay and thrice nay.

BC3

good shot jansen
10-03-2001, 05:14 PM
we move the setting for a future ssg mm folk git together to the friendly confines of a brittish pub!

bruce's brewery's git my vote. (i was always partial to the ferret and ferkin in chelsea!)(dog bolter and all) (hic)

britcit3
10-04-2001, 12:48 AM
Excellent - In that case, the first round of drinks is on me.

Dog Bolter - now that DOES bring back memories of youthful complete inebriation - especailly the slightly blurred paintings on the wall to make you feel even more over the edge (I was always partial to the Flea and Firkin in Manchester).

hic

BC3

JediTricks
10-04-2001, 08:39 AM
Does this mean *hic* that my cartoon wife is going to storm in and threaten me with a rolling pin soon, only to have me sleep on the couch later? ;)

Anyway, glad to hear Farscape got picked up, that means it's assured a future in syndicated reruns once it's done. :D

I've never watched Roswell.

Ally McBeal is changing too drastically this upcoming season, with Cage and Fish supposedly both leaving the series, as well as confirmed departures from Lisa Nicole Carson and Lucy Liu, I don't think the show will survive the big shakeup. Peter MacNicol (John Cage) and Greg Germann (Richard Fish) were the main reason I gave this series a shot, since Ally's gotten more "sane", the character no longer carries the show for me. Over the past 2 years, less and less Fishisms have spewed out which is a shame, but to have these 2 gone is a tragedy IMO, they're the real core to the series.

vulcantouch
10-04-2001, 11:07 PM
but hey, i got no problem w/the way she looks; but then, i've often liked the babes everyone else deems (accurately or otherwise) "anorexic" :)

gsj: "then it's agreed"
-not so fast; why couldn't it be a Irish pub like, say, sullivan's in fair haven (voyager's holodeck?) that way maybe that strong-jawed katie "janeway" o'clare might grace our git2gither :) or maybe sandrine's (tom paris' holographic marsailles bar)? them french barflies might be tres jolie too :D
hey bc3, i hope you never take yer mms into the bar when a rowdy soccer crowd's inside ;)
please, somone inform jdah that rollin rock is SWILL :p
vt
np: barry/bassey, "mr. kiss kiss bang bang"

britcit3
10-05-2001, 01:56 AM
No worries - my MM's are always kept in a 6"" thick timer release safe.

However, I will be taking MYSELF into a rowdy soccer crowd in a pub to watch England trounce Greece and qualify for the world cup tomorrow.

I'm mot so much into the actual football as the drinking and shouting bits.

BC3

JediTricks
10-05-2001, 12:08 PM
Hee hee, "football", it doesn't even look like a foot! ;)

britcit3
10-05-2001, 12:19 PM
American Football -now thats a funny name for a game in which the ball is carried in the hands/arms.

Football, as called so by the whole world except the USA, is called so as the ball is controlled by the players feet - far more skillful than just picking up a ball and running with it, wouldn't you agree?

Yours expecting barrage of abusive comments

BC3

JediTricks
10-31-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Ally McBeal is changing too drastically this upcoming season, with Cage and Fish supposedly both leaving the series, as well as confirmed departures from Lisa Nicole Carson and Lucy Liu, I don't think the show will survive the big shakeup. Peter MacNicol (John Cage) and Greg Germann (Richard Fish) were the main reason I gave this series a shot, since Ally's gotten more "sane", the character no longer carries the show for me. Over the past 2 years, less and less Fishisms have spewed out which is a shame, but to have these 2 gone is a tragedy IMO, they're the real core to the series. Well, in the first ep of the new season, Germann and MacNicol are still in the opening credits and still had significant screen time, and Portia De Rossi & Lucy Liu are in the credits too (though I have still heard that Liu's leaving soon). The rest of the new cast is pretty dry IMO, the new "youngAlly" is a snorer, I could have sworn she was a gimmick about to disappear at any time, and then *POOF!* she's in the damned credits and 2 of the other new cast members come from her! LAAAAME! To coin a phrase, "I'm not... comfortable with these changes". ;)