PDA

View Full Version : Portland area finds

Hellboy
06-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Just thought I'd let all of you in the N.W. area know that the new figures including Chewbacca and Djas Puhr waves are showing up at local Wal-Marts. The local Fred Meyers stores have also been getting these as well due to the fact that they didn't order as much of the initial waves and have just started to replenish their stock.

Darth Grifter
06-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Where at in Portland. I haven't gotten anything in Salem yet. The TRU down here won't be stocking any new waves past the Mace Windu until they clear out the plethora of 3P0, Amidala, Kit, and Niktos. This is pretty much the only figs that I can find anywhere. My search this morning left me empty as well and I hit the big 3 WalMart, TRU, KMart. Nothing.

Please, let me know about what's up in Portland. It may be worth the early morning trip one of these days.

DG

Hellboy
06-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Grifter
Where at in Portland. I haven't gotten anything in Salem yet. The TRU down here won't be stocking any new waves past the Mace Windu until they clear out the plethora of 3P0, Amidala, Kit, and Niktos. This is pretty much the only figs that I can find anywhere. My search this morning left me empty as well and I hit the big 3 WalMart, TRU, KMart. Nothing.

Please, let me know about what's up in Portland. It may be worth the early morning trip one of these days.

DG

Darth Grifter- If you plan on coming up to Portland I'd check WalMart on 82nd Ave. when they open at 7:00 a.m. if you can. You could also call ahead and speak with Dameatria the Toy Dept. manager and she will tell you what they put on the shelves, she is very helpful and knows her toys. This store does more buisness than any other WalMart in the state so it's your best bet.
If you are unsuccessful at Wal Mart try a few of the bigger Fred Meyers stores in the area like Hollywood and Tigard. They charge $6.79 a fig. but if take them to the customer service desk and tell them Target, KB, and WalMart all have them for around $4.99 they will price match.
If you really want the new figures and you don't mind payin $8 a piece I can almost gaurantee you that Toy Bliss in Lake Oswego has them as well as the Unleased line if you are interested. Their # is (503)675-8548.

Hope this helps and Happy Hunting :D

Darth Grifter
06-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks Hellboy. It's hard to find other Oregonians on here. I appreciate your info and will probably try all the locations that you mentioned sooner or later.

DG

Darth Grifter
07-02-2002, 01:42 PM
Alright,

so in my scouting around yesterday i stumbled across a few oddities at the south salem wal-mart. two unleashed jango fetts were sitting on the pegs. the packaging was pretty destroyed so i didn't buy them. also, all the wm's in salem are overstocked with the bespin wave of figs. if you don't have your metal-stub luke or darth vader, then get out and get them. also, the endor rebel soldier has been pretty easy to find.

i talked to the manager at our local TRU and she told me they have tons of saga figs in the warehouse; however, they won't get any more in until they clear the pegs of a few of the hundreds of zams and 3pos. also easy to find there are the padme, mace, kit, and most of the other jedi knights and masters.

anything unusual found, please let me know

Hellboy
07-12-2002, 11:32 PM
Alright,

so in my scouting around yesterday i stumbled across a few oddities at the south salem wal-mart. two unleashed jango fetts were sitting on the pegs. the packaging was pretty destroyed so i didn't buy them. also, all the wm's in salem are overstocked with the bespin wave of figs. if you don't have your metal-stub luke or darth vader, then get out and get them. also, the endor rebel soldier has been pretty easy to find.

Darth Grifter I thought I'd let you know that the Unleashed line has started to appear at Portland area Targets in great #'s so if you are still looking for one MIP I'd try your local store. Fred Meyers continues to be one of the best bets around here for all fig.s and has also finally officialy dropped their price to $4.99 on all Saga and remaining POTJ figures. I'll post again if I notice anything of interest show up in the future around here.

later:D
-Hellboy

Darth Grifter
07-21-2002, 04:02 PM
the Salem area WMs have begun to carry the Unleashed line in #s as well. Althought it is hard to find anything except for Darth Maul and the Jango/Boba set, I'm sure one could find the Anakin. I have also noticed that the Palpy figures have appeared at the local TRU and WalMart. A local "scalper" store has both Palpy and Djas, however, they are scalpers and are basing their prices off of eBay standards so they are 9.99.

Oh well, the Salem Struggle continues

DG:D

Hellboy
07-22-2002, 05:25 PM
the Salem area WMs have begun to carry the Unleashed line in #s as well. Althought it is hard to find anything except for Darth Maul and the Jango/Boba set, I'm sure one could find the Anakin.

DG:D

DG- The reason you can't find the Unleashed Anakin is because only Maul and Jango/Boba have been released so far, but he should be out soon.

PORTLAND UPDATE:

Today I found the Deluxe C-3PO and Yoda at my local Target.

I found the Acklay at my local Bi-Mart and although these are supposed to retail for $14.99 (they even have price stickers on them with this price) they ring up at $11.99 so if you haven't snagged one of these yet try there, it's well worth 12 bucks.

Good Luck &
Happy Hunting :D

Hellboy
08-01-2002, 11:07 PM
If anyone is interested I've noticed the Jango Fett room alarm at Wal-Marts:)

Hellboy
08-02-2002, 03:23 PM
Thought I'd let all the collectors know that the Portland area Targets have begun reseting the toy isles. I hit the jackpot as far as I'm concerned today so I figured I'd pass along the word to anyone interested.

Today's finds:

Accessory Packs:
-Endor Victory
-Hoth Survival
-Death Star
-Arena Conflict

Action Fleet:
-Mos Eisley Encounter
-Tatooine Droid Hunter
-Dune Sea Ambush
-Imperial Endor Pursuit
-X-Wing Fighter
-TIE Advanced x1
-Millennium Falcon

They also had tags for the voice activated R2-D2 for $99.99 so it should be hitting soon as well.

Anywho good luck and Happy Hunting :D

Hellboy
08-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Wow two days in a row of finding lots of stuff and taking a serious chunk out of my wallet, so here is whats up-

Timeless Toys in Lake Oswego (A.K.A. Toybliss) has the following in stock-

Basic Figures:
-Darth Maul: Sith Training
-Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack
-Ki-Adi-Mundi: Jedi Master
-Teemto Paglies: Podracer

Unleashed:
-Anakin Skywalker
-Padme Amidala
-Darth Vader (1 per case)

Deluxe:
-Yoda w/Super Battle Droid
-C-3PO w/ Battle Droid

Action Fleet:
-Millennium Falcon
-TIE Advanced x1
-X-Wing Fighter

These probably won't last to long so don't hesitate if you are still missing these.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting:)

plasticfetish
07-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Latest find in the Portland area... possibly Plasticfetish!

OK Oregonians. I'm about a day or two away from deciding (or not) to move to your state... to Portland in particular. Should I? Shouldn't I? What's the word?

Kidhuman
07-29-2005, 09:59 PM
If you move there, PF could mean Portland Friendly. :beard:

plasticfetish
07-29-2005, 10:49 PM
port-fetish?

Hellboy
07-29-2005, 10:57 PM
I guess it depends on what you're looking for PF.

If you're addicted to that California sunshine you might be a little disappointed that we actually have four seasons up here and get our fair share of cloudy/rainy days. Its a pretty temperate climate though and personally I think people make to big a deal out of the rainy days. Winters are usually very mild with maybe a week of snowy weather but nothing usually stays long if you're in the valley. The summers are beautiful and if you love the outdoors there are many cool things to do year round. People actually know how to drive in the rain here too but they still need help figuring out how to use the highways. :stupid:

A few other things to consider:

-The local government is a bit wacky but you should be used to that. ;)

-The housing market is booming here. Property values have been on the rise for years mostly due to stupid laws regarding Urban Growth Boundaries.

-The job market isn't that great when compared to the rest of the country but I'm assuming you've probably got something lined up if it isn't the reason for your considering moving.

-The Portland area has the most movie theaters per capita in the US but we also have the most strip bars. lol

-The Portland school system isn't to hot so you might want to consider a bit of research when finding a decent area for PF junior. I'd recommend living outside Multnomuh County if possible to avoid paying higher taxes and the worst schools.

-No sales tax. :greedy:

-Oregon is one of only two states left in the country where you don't have to pump your own gas. Regular Unleaded averages $2.35 a gallon at the moment so while not the best in the country its certainly better than California.

-If you're a beer drinker and a fan of Micro-Brews you'll be in heaven. We easily have the best selection in the country. :D

-You're less than 2 hours away from the Oregon coast and about an hour away from Mt Hood. :cool:

Overall I love Portland. Of course my opinion is biased because I was born and raised here but I've traveled a fair portion of the country and have never seen a place that I liked more. Just my personal opinion but the west side of Portland's Willamette river is a much nicer place to live than the east side. The majority of the city's crime comes from the NE part of the city but its nothing like LA.

Hope that helps PF, good luck and make sure to post your decision. :)

plasticfetish
07-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback Hellboy. You've echoed what others I've talked to have said -- and confirmed what I already know.

So... the deal is done. We're due to move up at the end of August (so little time, so much to do.) The "only" thing to work out is how we'll be financing the move itself... plus where we'll live, what school PF jr. will go to... :eek:

We'll be living in the Tualatin area for the first year probably -- giving us a while to decide if we're staying and then if we're ready to sell our house here in LA. (I am now.)

At last count, about 6 or 7 of my friends have said that they'll follow us up in the next year... so look out Portland.

:)

We're coming up in a week to look around and do some scouting.

Hellboy
08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Tualatin is a great choice PF. It's about 15 minutes from downtown and is definitely considered an upper-class area. You shouldn't have any problem finding a decent school for PF jr there.

Best of luck to you and your family with your move. :)

plasticfetish
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Just got back from our scout trip. Found a place to live and a school for the kid. Took us two days to lock it all down... amazing. Had a lot of time to drive all over Portland and the surrounding areas. It's a great looking town... we're really excited about the move. We'll be living there by the first of September. :thumbsup:

No sales tax is awesome!

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
First time I ever seen someone post a school and a home in the just found section. :D :crazed: :beard:

plasticfetish
08-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Hit a Fred Meyer in Salem. Saw nothing. ;)

Hellboy
08-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Hit a Fred Meyer in Salem. Saw nothing. ;)

Haw!! lol
You'll soon learn that Fred Meyer is a bust 9 out of 10 times PF. Targets and Wal-Marts are your best bets around here for toys.

Once you get settled if you need the 411 on which stores are the best in your area don't hesitate to ask. I've a bit of experience in this department. :yes:

BTW Welcome to Oregon. (Prounced Or-e-gun not Or-e-gone.) ;)

Kidhuman
08-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Sounds like Hellboy is gonna show you the Oregon toy Trail PF :beard:

plasticfetish
08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
BTW Welcome to Oregon. (Prounced Or-e-gun not Or-e-gone.) ;)Thanks!

I can say the name of the state... but I'm sure that I'll end up pronouncing every town, river, street and neighborhood wrong.

About toy hunting, sadly, I'll have pretty close to a zero budget for a while since we've just added rent (didn't pay it before) and we're looking to buy a new car. Eh... I suppose I can dream though. :sleeping:

plasticfetish
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
TRU (Beaverton) -- scored an AT-RT Driver and a black Clone Pilot yesterday. First time I've ever seen either of these. (Another good reason to have moved here.) They had Anakin Evo. sets, Battle Packs (Hoth, Jedi/Sith) also.

:)

Hellboy
09-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Nice work PF. :thumbsup:

I was there this morning and scored a couple of Clone Evolution packs. That brings my total up to three which I think is where I'm going to call it quits on this one. Well at least until the variant shows up. :D

They still had plenty of the Hoth and Jedi/Sith Battle re-packs but I passed on those. Plenty of AT-RT Drivers, Pilot Obi-Wans, Bacara, Crispy Ani and Mustafar Sentries too.

If you're looking for something in particular don't hesitate to post it here and if I run into it I'd be happy to stash it for you. :)

plasticfetish
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks. Sure thing... but in all honesty I shouldn't be looking for anything right now. (Fat chance I won't though. ;) ) I'm pretty much good 'til the new Saga2 stuff starts coming out. It'll be nice to have this little slow down time.

plasticfetish
09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Beaverton TRU rocks pretty hard. I found a red #6 Clone and another AT-RT driver the other day (and I saw the Falcon in that new non-ROTS box), but tonight Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had a green Clone Commander and a few red #6 clones. (I left one of the red clones behind.)

Be looking for those last few ROTS figures now. :)

Hellboy
09-21-2005, 01:59 PM
but tonight Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had a green Clone Commander and a few red #6 clones. (I left one of the red clones behind.)

Yeah I noticed Fred Meyer getting this wave earlier in the week also. One nice thing about FM is most of the stores get the same things around the same time. So if you see something at one store chances are most of them in the area got the same assortment. The only problem is this only happens about once every two or three months.

plasticfetish
10-01-2005, 12:56 AM
There's a Dead Kennedys song, "Night of the Living Rednecks"... well it's not a song, it's a live track where Jello tells this story about being in Portland and having some problems with these guys in a big truck. Anyway, during the bit he mentions Fred Meyer and someone in the audience yells out, "FRED MEYER!" Until I moved here I'd only known about Fred Meyer from that song (which I first heard over 20 years ago.) Now... I think I've been there a billion times and I still need to say, "FRED MEYER!" when I pass one of their signs.

:neutral:

Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had probably a dozen Clone Evolution sets and maybe 2 Sith sets tonight.

Hellboy
10-01-2005, 01:45 PM
I've never heard that song PF but thats a funny story. Sounds like FM is becoming a pretty good source for you.

Noticed at Target the other day that all of the ROTS figures had been marked down to $4.76 or something close to that. Either way they were under $5 for the first time since April. Unfortunately Target has been a really poor place to find new figures as of late. :sad:

Also a friend of mine on the east side of town said he found the new larger scale TIE Fighter for $24.95 but when I checked at my local stores they were still coming up at full price. I'd imagine most of the other Target stores will eventually mark these down as well since its geting close to reset time in the toy department. Once I find some marked down I'm planning on picking up a couple so be on the lookout if you're interested in getting these at a more resonable price.

Hellboy
10-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Found plenty of the new repaint wave over at Target in Beaverton this morning. I cleaned out the Clones since I have friends who wanted a few of them but there were still plenty of the others left.

I've heard reports from other collectors in the area that this wave has been hitting all of the Target stores over the weekend so its a safe bet they will continue to do so the rest of the week if you're looking for these.

Nice to be caught up for a while. :)

plasticfetish
10-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I spotted a few of these (but no clones) down at the Wilsonville Target last night. I doubt that these will be too hard to find as the weeks roll by.

Checked that store for the new TIE fighters BTW, and they're still regular price. (Crossing my fingers.)

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
The Target exclusive Clone Battle pack is out. Although I didn't find it myself a friend had them enter the DPCI # (087060228) and they pulled a case out of the back. This is the only Battle re-Pack I'm interested in but must admit I was rather disapponted to learn that the Clone mold they used is from the deluxe Clone w/jetpack. :dis: Still at $20 a set that means each figure is $4 so I suppose I can live with that.

plasticfetish
11-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Found R4-P17, Holo Plo Koon and Holo Aayla Secura at a Fred Meyer yesterday -- haven't seen them anywhere else yet. No sign of any TacOps Troopers for me. No sign of the Target clone thing either, (but I think most places are holding off because there are tons of lava figures out there.)

Hasn't been much of interest on the pegs, but I have been seeing crazy amounts of #41 clones at Target (Willsonville.) Target (Sherwood) had some grey Clone Evo. sets -- I hesitated, went back yesterday to grab one and they're gone. (They had about eight of those things, so somebody grabbed 'em up.) TRU (Beaverton) has had both 12" female Jedi figures each time that I've gone in.

I saw the new "exclusive" TRU lego set (not too bad), and the new Target set with Obi-Wan's starfighter (sort of sucks having to buy that set just for Obi-Wan's fighter.) The Lego store in Tigard (Washington Square) rocks BTW! I'm really happy that we found that place. (...and it's right next to the Vans store!)

-----

Hmmm. Anything else? Ohh! Two months in, and I've finally found a good Japanese market where I/we can buy candytoys and a bookstore for Japanese toy mags. Uwajimaya in Beaverton is a new regular stop when I'm out wandering. :)

plasticfetish
01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
No new figures in the stores lately (still looking for the Hoth wave), but I did get to check out Things From Another World over in Milwaukie. What a great place!

Hellboy
01-23-2006, 11:21 AM
I haven't found to much lately either PF. I did manage to score most of the Hoth wave last week thanks to a friend though so at least I'm close to being caught up but Target's $6.99 price point has been keeping me from hitting to many stores especially considering Wal-Mart still has them at $5.88.

TFAW is indeed a great comic store. I started collecting comic books seriously back in 1986 and have had a box there that they put all my regular titles in ever since. It was actually called Pegasus books back then and I even worked there (only for free comics) for a time. This was extremely cool because as a young boy I got to witness first hand the birth of Dark Horse comics which started in the back room of that very store. :)

Dave_Cameron
02-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I found the entire Hoth wave this morning.

plasticfetish
09-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Saw SAGA figures 044 - 052 at Toy Bliss in Lake Oswego today. They had 'em out for their usual price ($7.99), so if you need these figures right now, they're a decent option.

Otherwise, I haven't seen much at major retail.

Hellboy
09-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I usually check Toy Bliss once a week since I can't get to Target at opening anymore. I was in there Wednesday and they didn't have anything new but I appreciate the heads up PF. :thumbsup: I'll most likely stop in there tomorrow and pick up a few figures. :)

plasticfetish
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
They had one case on the floor, and a few behind the register, so I think they have plenty. :)

plasticfetish
03-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Saw a good spread of first wave TAC figures at Target (Wilsonville) tonight. Suppose it means that TAC has really hit now. Saw some Endor AT-ATs at TRU (Beaverton), plus a few of those coin card Vader figures. Not much else...

plasticfetish
06-15-2007, 02:22 AM
A big :thumbsup: to Hellboy for passing me a McChewbacca at Willsonville Target this morning. Nice to meet you man! Hope to see you around.

Hellboy
06-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Glad to help PF. :) Pleasure meeting you.

plasticfetish
08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Toy Bliss (in Lake O) had a bunch of new figures out today. Picked up CZ-3, Elis Helrot, M'iiyoom Onith, Animated Fett, McVader, and (another) McFett to open.

Looks like they had some dented cases come in, so the McQuarrie figures (though I'm very glad to have them) will all be openers.

plasticfetish
02-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Well... you know... we do have Star Wars toys in Oregon. ;)

Newer things have been turning up. I don't look at every store as often as I once did, but I've been seeing a bit out there.

TRU Beaverton had a good little supply of TAC figures from the last few waves, including (oddly) nearly a half Dozen Hermi Odle figures. They also had a few Y-Wings left. Nothing else exciting.

TRU Clackamas had very little, but the Target across from the mall had one or two of the new Evolutions sets the other day. They're gone today, but they had a few of the new Mighty Muggs (C-3PO, etc.) on the shelf today if anyone cares.

Been seeing New-ish Titaniums everywhere... Fred Meyer, Target and even Bi-Mart. (Saw a classic Galactica at Bi-Mart. Nice.)

Nothing new at the smaller shops for now.
I'll be looking.

plasticfetish
03-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Clacka-lacka-mus Wal*Mart (on 82nd) had a few vehicles. Saw an AT-AP, picked up Grievous' Starfighter (I'll open it later), and also saw that someone had cleaned out all of the figures and Evo sets that were there the other day.

plasticfetish
05-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Found out today that Toy Bliss in Lake Oswego is closing some time this year. :cry:

I liked having them as an option, and I'll really miss hitting Starbuck's after work, and then wandering through Toy Bliss to see what's new.

I understand that they'll probably keep their eBay store (http://stores.ebay.com/Toy-Bliss) running, but that's it for the shop.