PDA

View Full Version : Han Carbonite

Darth Vellner
06-26-2002, 08:01 PM
So........When Han is frozen in Carbonite his shirt is UNtucked and he has bindings on his hands..........however..................When he is thawed his shirt is tucked in and NO bindings on his hands.!!??

WHY??????????????????????

An Unknown Fact is that Ugnaughts are perfectionests
Everything must be perfect so before Boba Fett loaded han on Slave-1 the Ugnaughts unfroze him tucked his shirt in {since he had carbon sickness >they took off his bindings and then refroze him.......What do you think??????

Beast
06-26-2002, 08:13 PM
A small continuity error between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I believe that they either mixed up or misplaced the original shirt, and they used a similar one. Not only is it tucked in, but the shirt also has a different neckline. The Empire shirt has collar flaps, and the Jedi shirt doesn't. The Ugunaughts removed his wrist binders, before he was lowered into the carbonite chamber. But he did have cuffs around his upper arms, that kept him from raising his arms up. They were "supposedly" made out of Carbonite, so that they melted when the block melted. Of course, in reality they either forgot the binders, or misplaced them by the time filming started for ROTJ. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

saladin
06-26-2002, 11:57 PM
ya just screw up

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-29-2002, 04:03 AM
Boba just wanted Han to look nice for Jabba! So he defrosted him, gave him a nice shirt, knocked him out cold (cold, get it?), and refroze him. :D

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2002, 12:54 PM
That's very complacent of Lucas and the team, I noticed the shirt, and also his trousers where blue in ESB but they where brown in ROTJ. You'd think that they would study the photgraphs carefully before designing the clothes, being as this is the thing that links the two movies together, it's not like it's just in the background is it now?

morecow299
07-06-2002, 08:36 PM
i think that GL didn't have these minor flaws in mind when he was filming ROTJ so the error was never looked at carefully

DarthBatman
07-07-2002, 01:59 AM
Honestly, who notices these things?

Fixer
07-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Han's trousers were brown w/yellow stripe in ESB.

However, Han also seems to have put on some weight while in deep freeze, not to mention gotten a bad haircut.

MFH
07-08-2002, 11:15 PM
I never noticed these things before. They should have paid more attention. Now I will always notice, and it will seem a little silly.

morecow299
07-13-2002, 11:55 PM
yeah i know. thanks for ruining the movie for me
;) :)

Darkross
07-15-2002, 10:37 AM
All I can say...is that I never noticed and unless you watch the films 10,000 times and back to back will you ever really notice. Personally I'm glad that they at least left him in Carbonite for ROTJ...otherwise if they screwed that up by having him thawed...they'd have an even bigger continuity error.

lunchymeatball
07-15-2002, 10:42 AM
A little known fact about carbonite freezing is that it moves with the latest fashions i.e; when Han was frozen in a trendy blue trouser, white shirt outfit they went out of fashion whilst he was frozen. So the carbonite molecularly (sp?) modified them to the current fashion of greyish shirt and brown trousers.

I thought everyone knew that;)

Darkross
07-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by lunchymeatball
A little known fact about carbonite freezing is that it moves with the latest fashions i.e; when Han was frozen in a trendy blue trouser, white shirt outfit they very quickly went out of fashion so the carbonite molecularly (sp?) modified them to the current fashion of greyish shirt and brown trousers.

I thought everyone knew that;)

No...his pants were brown when he was frozen and when he was thawed!

lunchymeatball
07-15-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Darkross

You would have thought that the carbonite would have known that brown was soooooooo last season and that blue was the new black.
Maybe it was broken
:)

Honestly though I didn't even notice

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Darkross

Well, he was scared!

It's really funny to see morecow's avatar, then darkross' right after it!

"Well, are we stopped?"

"Yes Lord Helmet."

"Okay. How about a five minute break. Smoke if you got'em!"

CRASH!!!